[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start eating healthy as fuck, improving blood pressure and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>start eating healthy as fuck, improving blood pressure and all that shit
>making 50% more than I was making a year ago
>depression has cleared up
>still have barely any confidence or social skill
I look and feel good, and I am on the career track I want. Yet, I can barely talk to people without stammering. It's almost like a fucking speech impediment that developed in my 20s. How to fix?
>>
>>39353068
I talk to myself a lot and as a result I can use my words well as long as I don't look anyone in the face. It's a blessing and a curse.
>>
>>39353101
I do the same thing, talk to myself. I do it driving, at home, everywhere, and very eloquently. But if someone asks me a question I stammer like some kind of idiot
>>
File: 1503041198836.jpg (62KB, 452x524px) Image search: [Google]
1503041198836.jpg
62KB, 452x524px
>>39353068
>depression has cleared up
>depression is like acne
>>
>>39353068
Just say pick up lines to random girls. It actually builds confidence
>>
>>39353178
Well for me it is. In fact, when I am depressed I have more acne just from being lazy/unhealthy
>>
>>39353068
Remember to relax your face and your body.
When your heart is beating really fast take a deep breath.
When your stomach tenses relax your stance.
When you have nothing to say, say anything and work from there.
Talk to your self it will help you hear your own words.
Most importantly you got it and its okay to walk away.
>>
>>39353198
I don't ever see "random girls" unless I'm shopping or something. Definitely not at work. Maybe the next time I'm at the grocery store I'll try talking to some QTs. Fortunately I'm not UGLY just WEIRD
>>
>>39353239
Yes I'll try to just stop and think when I'm asked something or forced to speak. I guess there's nothing wrong with just thinking for a second when talking to someone
>>
>>39353314
Exactly if you are ever in a situation when aproached and asked a question do not feel scared to Tell them to repeat.
Also a quick glance up with only your eyes for about a second will help you present your body langauge as thinking.
>>
>>39353068
The reason they call them social skills is because just like any other type of skill out there, you need to practice to master them.
Most people start the process in their childhood, become adept by their mid to late teens and then spend the rest of their lives refining them, but, for whatever reason yours never developed properly.
There is no short cut to becoming more comfortable/adept in thriving in social situations. The only way you are going to learn is if you thrust yourself into social situations, fuck it up, work out where you went wrong, learn from your mistakes and do it again, and again and eventually you will become more able to assimilate into normie society and finally become the functional human being you were born to be.

Or you can continue on as you have been up until now, never leave this place and eventually become a sad, bitter shell of a man destined to spend your life alone and lonely.

The choice is yours, god speed.
>>
>>39353740
>most people develop socials skills (..... )
This is the problem. I'm in am environment where most people are fluent, socially. But because of my upbringing and the self-imposed isolation that followed I am now behind. It's like I was out into a calculus class without having ever taken algebra. And in a case such as that, the class must go on. They can't stop for me and baby me into sociality. But you're right. It'll just take practice and experience. Fortunately in my line of work I am dealing with people from the time I clock in until the time I clock out. So I'll get plenty of practice. I'm also supplementing by reading a book called "Develop social skills" which was written by an autist. He developed social skills despite his disorder. If he can do it so can I
>>
>>39353248

real life is not a movie, you don't meet girls at the grocery store. Most meet them through their social circle, mutual friends. If you do not have a social circle, its game over. If you're 25+, out of school, working for a living then you're double fucked in the asshole
>>
>>39353901

Problem is you're talking to people in a professional setting, which is super easy because its not personal. Go out to bar and start trying to talk to girls, you'll see where you really stand socially.
>>
>>39353068
Start talking to people more, the more you do it the easier it becomes
>>
>>39353986
>>39353960
I'm starting to think "fuck it". I don't have a circle of friends or even acquaintances. No girlfriend, obviously. The friends I had are long gone and now I feel like I'm in PURGATORY. If I could meet just one young woman with whom I could share a connection it'd be great and I wouldn't care about my other social blunders. But for now I'm stuck in limbo, constantly embarrassing myself whenever I open my mouth, and friendless except for my dog and my social butterfly younger brother
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.