[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>currently in my neurosurgery residency >huge misanthrope

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>currently in my neurosurgery residency
>huge misanthrope and spend what little free time I have (basically just when shitting) posting hateful things on /r9k/

am i in the wrong profession, guys? I don't know if it will be a good thing if a guy like me is put in charge of people's lives
>>
>>39352912
hopefully you aren't retarded and you can tell the difference between a tumor and an artery. if you can do that you're good to go, at least in burgerland
>>
>>39352912
naw man you're being consistent
first you fuck people's brains up on /r9k/
then you perform the actual lobotomy
it's a fantastic grift
>>
>>39352912
pharmacist here

yes we picked the wrong fucking thing
>>
>>39353016
fuck I think ur right

though I think there's probably not a "right" career for a misanthrope, everything sucks
>>
File: 1500574764743.png (236KB, 720x380px) Image search: [Google]
1500574764743.png
236KB, 720x380px
>>39352912

It comes down to this anon

You SAY horrible things
You DO great things

Medical culture wants demands you toe the political line. And that you have a genuine heart of gold or they will purge you so to make an example of you. But they failed with you anon. You have r9k, you have the truth that others may call ugly but none the less it is yours to share with all of us. And they can't have that, there is nothing you can do. Because they can't have your soul anon, no matter how mich they feel they deserve it.

You don't have to be what they want you to be. The question of whether this is right for me is based on if you can you take someone with a neurological ailment and improve their situation effectively and efficiently. Nothing else.
>>
>>39353241
I was about to be inspired by your post but then I realized you were basically just amping me up to have the freedom to be a mean cunt
>>
>>39353064
honestly i've even heard normos like my parents say there's no good job that involves dealing with bunches of people

i'd like to spend some time as a NEET after my loans are paid (soon)
>>
>>39353425

>you were basically just amping me up to have the freedom to be a mean cunt

that is the spirit of this website in general nevermind this board and to me that's why this place is so special. You are a mean cunt to begin with. That is why you come here and that's ok. There is balance in people as there is balance in life. There is a cunt juxtaposed to a literal lifesaver. Nothing is black and white anon.

I am guessing you are having a hard time dealing with your own duality because you are expected to be a humanistic individual who's internal dialog is nothing but thoughts of optimism and altruism you should never feel bitterness, rage, and hatred ever. But you do because you are human. Our culture as a whole is trying to wage a war against these realities of ourselves and it just ends up fucking you and everyone else up. Nobody is pure anon no matter how good they are at repressing or hiding it and it would be silly to doubt yourself because you are willing to accept your negative thoughts in this setting. There is no point in fighting it because to purge your self of hate is just as ridiculous of a concept as purging yourself of love. You need both and you experience both. In r9k and in the hospital.
>>
File: Spot On Diagnosis.jpg (96KB, 441x640px) Image search: [Google]
Spot On Diagnosis.jpg
96KB, 441x640px
>>39352912

IM pgy-1 brainlet here

I know a grill from med school who is pgy1 neurosgy. I honestly wouldn't believe in fembots if I didn't know her. goddamn she is unironically on the spectrum.

Anyways, IM is the perfect misanthrope career. Nothing will make you misanthropic quicker than when you can no longer write "rest per primary" at the end of your notes.

Holy hell I hate my patients. All of them.
>>
at least you get to cut open people and screw around in their brain
>>
>>39353734
>rest per primary
what is the meaning of this?
>>
>>39353688
I see what you're saying, but the sheer amount of bitterness that I have is not a normal thing that should be accepted as simply "part of human nature." No normal person writes paragraphs justifying why women are inferior and worthless, why they hate normies and wish they were dead, why the entire world is unfair and the future is bleak and life cruel and terrible, in furious spurts of inspiration.
>>
>>39352912
I hate 99.999999% of the population too.My heart was softened by emotional wounds, then it became cold as steel
>>
>>39353854

When you're a consulting team, you get to give specific recommendations at the end of your note that pertain only to your specialty/reason why you were consulted.

When you are primary team like say, a hospitalist, then you get to deal with every shitty, fucked up part of your mentally unstable patient's shitty, fucked up life. Because you ARE the primary team.

This makes you learn to hate your patients and plot against them before they can even see it coming to keep them from wasting time you don't have. It's an unfortunate but necessary thing, the adversarial relationship btw patient and hospitalist physician.
>>
My dad is a doctor and he said that his profession made him hate people more. The thing that he hates most are fat non compliant diabetics sucking up resources, of which there are many in burgerland
>>
File: Pebbles Hot Dog.jpg (205KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pebbles Hot Dog.jpg
205KB, 640x640px
>>39354043
>my point eggsactly

and if you walk inside a hospital ward, this is 75% of all patients
>>
When I eventually (3-5 years) start medical school, I plan on going the DO/family medicine way so I would have a better chance to filter out patients that bother me. I already intensely hate all of my repeat patients, and don't really have any empathy for even special cases. It's no better on the street than it is in the hospital. Only difference is I nap and shitpost til some asshole calls 911

>t. paramedic
>>
Post a pic of you cumming on someone's brain during open brain surgery
>>
>>39353857

>No normal person writes paragraphs justifying why women are inferior and worthless, why they hate normies and wish they were dead, why the entire world is unfair and the future is bleak and life cruel and terrible, in furious spurts of inspiration.

Being human doesn't always mean being normal anon. And there is a reason you feel the way you do and it is good that you have an outlet to explore these emotions and thoughts as opposed to sharing it with another IRL and having them bark misogonyst at you as if that's going to solve anything.

When you are in R9K, it's about you. It's about how you feel, your thoughts, and your emotions. You spend the other 99 percent of you life dedicating it to others and how you spend this 1 percent should not take away from the rest, which is what you implied in your opening post.

I am not saying you shouldn't be worried, I am saying you shouldn't be ashamed. I'm also saying that you can hold these opinions and still be a great doctor.
>>
>>39352912

quit LARPing, Ioser
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.