[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw our generation grew up before the internet >tfw generation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: mli82tmiz2cz.jpg (29KB, 457x469px) Image search: [Google]
mli82tmiz2cz.jpg
29KB, 457x469px
>tfw our generation grew up before the internet
>tfw generation played outside
>tfw we actually got with other kids to trade pokemon/battle each other
>tfw our generation played sports
>tfw we had movies and shows with deep, intricate stories filled with symbolism and morals.

>tfw see these new kids growing up grow up watching minecraft let's plays.
>tfw new kids obsess over pokemon go, minecraft, fidget spinners, youtube play buttons, likes, and subscribers, and suprise eggs.
>tfw kids don't even play anymore, they fry their brains on cancerous youtube videos
>>
ye everyone's part of your generation because you matter!
>>
>>39348711
>suprise eggs.
don't diss kinder surprise you cunt
>>
It won't really matter if we all end up on the same shithole, does it?
>>
>>39348711

They'll adapt better than us to their Google Democracy+ V.R. pods.
>>
>>39348711
My father always complained about how he hadn't electricity in his house when he was a kid, and I grew up with radios and TVs and our generation was lost.
>>
I think majority of the people here are those kids,
there has been a steady influx of bops since 2010
>tfw generation played outside
outside sucked, unless your exploring the woods

>tfw we actually got with other kids to trade pokemon/battle each other
it was alright, but pokemon lost it's luster when better games came out.

>tfw our generation played sports
sports suck,

>tfw we had movies and shows with deep, intricate stories filled with symbolism and morals.
true......But kids can watch them at anytime nowadays with torrents and the like.
>tfw see these new kids growing up grow up watching minecraft let's plays.
People actually play that shit?

>tfw new kids obsess over pokemon go, minecraft, fidget spinners, youtube play buttons, likes, and subscribers, and suprise eggs.
Not all kids have smartphones.

>tfw kids don't even play anymore, they fry their brains on cancerous youtube videos
They have easy acess to anime and cartoons at anytime as opposed to when we had to wait for them to air on tv.
>>
>>39348711
My parents pretty much forced me to.
I would've given my left nut to be left alone and stay inside and play vidya on the weekends
>>
File: 1502412693169.jpg (84KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
1502412693169.jpg
84KB, 400x383px
>>39349105
That's not the point, faggot. The point is that there is a line where this shit becomes unacceptable and irreversible.

YES of COURSE our generation still had games consoles and television. But the point is the vast majority of our generation still spent most of their time playing in the real world or outside. The vast majority of kids didn't live through technology. Those who DID live through technology largely became today's virgin robots.

Modern kids ALL live through technology. Have you seen what 3 year olds do these days? They sit and watch creepy Youtube videos of adults playing with Frozen and Spiderman toys for hours at a time. How can this be a sustainable way to raise human beings? Are you seriously telling me that these 10 year old kids growing up viewing Youtube diss tracks and Facebook memes as the peak of entertainment are going to end up as anything but insufferable unfunny cuntbags?
>>
>>39349196

Yeah, I'm talking about 5-12 year olds though. I'm doing a research project for my developmental psychology class on the culture of the new generation.

I'm a biochem student though, so please don't lump me in w/ the normies/roastie psyh majors.
>>
File: IMG_1576.jpg (49KB, 498x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1576.jpg
49KB, 498x341px
>some kids are going to grow up being nostalgic for those fucking elsa/spiderman videos

let me off the ride right now
>>
>>39349317

I don't think kids watch those spiderman/elsa vids. I've been observing and interviewing kids and these are the things I've frequently observed. Current trend is mainly fidget spinners atm.
>>
>>39348711
>getting scraped up and bloodying your hands and knees riding bikes and roller skating and riding scooters
>thinking that spit cured everything and having scabs all over your elbows
>chewing sap from the pine tree in your front yard like it was gum
>playing on one of those giant trampolines in your neighbor's backyard
>doing flips and trying to bounce each other
>learning how to do a wheelie
.>walking to 7-11 on a hot summer day for a slurpee
>Hi-C, popsicles, zebra stripe gum, atomic fireball jawbreakers, warheads
>swimming all day and eating watermelon by the pool
>throwing yourself down a grassy hill and rolling the whole way
>grass stains and that itchy feeling on your arms and legs
>going as high as you could on the swing and learning how to jump off
>playing pretend and acting out elaborate fantasies
>building blanket forts
>super soakers and water balloons
>actually needing a link cable
>actually having your friends come over to play console games with you
>sleepovers
>running around with the dog and letting it kill things
>playing with a fucking stick
>>
File: 1502137675497.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502137675497.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>>39349398
>In 2027 people will be nostalgic for "old memes"
>In 2027 people will be nostalgic for Twitch streamers
>In 2027 people will be nostalgic for Youtuber beefs

EXTERMINATE HUMANITY NOW FUCKING HELL
>>
I played outside when I was a kid.

Im still fucked up
>>
>>39349345
In college now?
So that means you were born between 1994-1998
You are one of those kids I was talking about....
I bet you don't even remember pokemania.
Too many young bloods on this site
>>
File: can we fix it.jpg (67KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
can we fix it.jpg
67KB, 600x590px
>>39349426
I have an 11 year old sister whose friends with younger kids and they watch that shit.
My sister doesn't, but I'm still somewhat worried since she has a phone and is on tumblr most of the time.
>>
>>39349557

I'm 24, so 1993. I started college at 22 after working and being a NEET for 4 years.
>>
>>39349591

I'm sure it slips through the cracks given their parents may be technologically retarded ot unaware of youtube for kids.
>>
>>39348897
And they've been around for decades anyway
>>
>>39348711
There will always be a "back in my day". I'm sure your parents gave you plenty of talks about fighting in vietnam or whatever old white people do.

My parents grilled me to hell and back about coming into the U.S. with fuckall and living in a housing project and how lucky and degenerate I am to grow up in a house and eat 3 meals a day, and they have the right to do that, because they gave me those things.

However, you have no right to go to people on 4chan and "back in my day" them to inflate your ego when you honestly did nothing to build the better world they now enjoy.
>>
File: dracula and death.gif (306KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
dracula and death.gif
306KB, 300x212px
>>39349646
I'm glad it's not like it with my sister, but many parents don't even really give a shit what there kids watch unless they hear a really loud "FUCK" from the kid's phone.
>>
>>39349609
wow....I was 24 five years ago, maybe I have stuck around this place too long.....

Anyway kids today have it easy as long as they have older siblings to guide them

>2010 recently graduated college
>home for a year
>see my younger brother watching a nickelodeon sitcom
>immediately turn that shit off and tell him to watch the first 10 eps of gurren lagann
>he thanked me kindly afterward

>same year
>brother is playing call of duty with friends
>only does so because friends play it
>doesn't like it
>reveal my old collection to him,
>plays my old jrpgs
>never turned played a game because his friends did again.
>>
>>39349735

Nice reddit-spacing m8. No, my parents never gave me any back in my day chats. My parents were always working for my early childhood, I spent most of my time at a friend's house. My parents divorced when I was 13 and they ever since neglected me and my brother out of disdain for each other. I do have EVERY right to post my thoughts here. This is not reddit m8.
>>
File: 1502468560710.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502468560710.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>39348711
Oh please, don't act like you didn't grow up through technology/internet as well.
If you didn't you wouldn't be here. You'd be out with your friends or doing something productive.
But yeah the generation after ours is absolutely fucked. Not only will they be brainwashed by kike propaganda from day 1, but they will always grow up into a fucking dystopia.
>>
>>39349783

Were there scene kids in college during your time? I remember they started dying put at my high school in 2010.
>>
>>39349883

Yeah, I did start getting into watching gore after my parents divorced, out of curiosity. That lead me to /b/ when I was late 14 or early 15.
>>
>>39348711
When I grew up, my parents had a PC, my dad had a Playstation and I got a PS2 for my sixth birthday. Yet I spent most of my childhood playing outside with my neighbors, playing football (soccer), or trade Pokemon cards, we'd go around my neighborhood, ringing doorbells, making prank calls, building ''forts'' out of blankets and cardboards, we even made fake guns from cardboard and sticks.

Parents should teach their kids how to be curious, willing to discover new things, and invest themselves in things. Don't blame the kids, blame the parents.
>>
File: 1501219028997.jpg (132KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501219028997.jpg
132KB, 500x700px
>>39349936
>Parents should teach their kids how to be curious, willing to discover new things, and invest themselves in things
They never will because modern day people/parents are still mentally children themselves, and it's 1000x easier to just plop a computer or phone in front of a kid that will easily entertainment for the entire day then to spend time with them/teach them life lessons.
Essentially the youth of today are eternally fucked.
>>
>>39349936

I'm not blaming kids, we all know parents are reaponsible for the upbringing of their children. Being curious and interested is crushed put of kids by schools. They want obedient people who can jump through hoops and complete busy work.
>>
>>39349979
And yet somehow, they're advancing the future of the human race while you rot on an anonymous forum for vrigins.

If you want to raise children right, make some and teach them yourself. If the youths of today are as depraved as you suggest, your children could conquer the world.
>>
>>39350040
>And yet somehow, they're advancing the future of the human race while you rot on an anonymous forum for vrigins.
never said i could do any better. i'd be a horrible parent actually
>>
>>39349979

We can even see the effects of the helicopter parents/bubble kids in our generation (including those graduating now or recently from high school). This is partially the reason in the sudden spike in sjw activity over the decade.
>>
>>39349892
Mostly goths and punks.
I went to an art college so YEAH.

They were pretty cool though, I actually lost my virginity to a goth chick.
>>
Tfw your generation were fucking normies
>>
>>39348897
not kinder surprise, there is a really popular trend on youtube of parents making "surprise eggs" for their kids, it's basically a giant egg with candy, toys and shit inside.
>>
>>39349317
Let me guess, the line is drawn at your generation?
>>
children have always been retarded. you should know anon
>>
>>39350572
I have yet to see a video where the parents stuff a fake bomb inside an egg and have the kids open it for a reaction.
>>
>>39349447
>actually needing a link cable
We've come a long way, haven't we
>>
>>39351080
No way. Even the 1920s were too degenerate.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.