[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /outoftouch/? >don't care about politics or

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: chiarab.jpg (68KB, 540x539px) Image search: [Google]
chiarab.jpg
68KB, 540x539px
Who here /outoftouch/?

>don't care about politics or media in general
>don't follow sports
>listen to 1 artist
>play games from my childhood (runescape / smash bros.)

makes it almost impossible to make friends, even on this board
>>
>self identity broke down and I realized that the universe, including myself and others, is all one thing, and myself and others are the view ports

I have delved and resceded into and from the depths of society and the world in ways I never thought possible.
>>
>>39339314
...you mean acid?
>>
File: 1498133637376.jpg (151KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498133637376.jpg
151KB, 500x360px
>>39339098
im pretty out of touch too my dude i dont care about local politics but somewhy like to get extremely angry and fired up about degeneracy of our world, cant say i listen to 1 artist its more like i listen to anything i like to hear at the moment and never bother to remember the artist unless its something i really liked and want to hear again.
For games i cant really enjoy anything anymore nomatter what i play they are all the same shitty shit where i can see the end before i even start unless theres lots to do like in rpgs or meaningless shit like mmos, cant do none of that nostalgia stuff either it has to be new or i cant even braindead play it.
>>
>>39339098
It's pretty nice to be honest. Plus I work the night shift. There's no need to make small talk or interact with people. It makes life pretty easy.
>>
>extremely convoluted and extreme political views that don't line up with anyone in the real world
>really into occult knowledge and fringe philosophy
>like everything old and hate modernity to a sometimes irrational degree
>can't have meaningful discussions about film, music, etc with anyone I meet cause we have very little common ground and I hate everything they say
>have to actively watch what I say when I'm conversing or else I will say something weird or out of touch and make someone mad

I feel like a fucking alien sometimes why do I even bother trying to communicate with the other meat people
>>
>>39339686
OP here.
I work a night job too & freelance, plus I don't have any friends so I don't necessarily need to be in touch, but I don't really like that I've erected an insurmountable wall that will always prevent me from having any friends, let alone anything more than that.
>>
>>39339314
I enjoy this viewpoint as well, but when you have responsibilities to take care of or else, your own viewport becomes pretty significant again
>>
>>39340917
A skilled person lives on two levels anon, replacing won't work, try to integrate, instead of balance.
>>
>>39339098
In 2017, being in touch means perpetually competing to be the most insufferable faggot with no meaningful point of view in the room.
>>
>>39340952
Oh, I should meditate more. That's what gave me the realization you mentioned to begin with.
>>
>>39340769
This is an accurate representation of me as well.
>>
>Tfw no phone, don't care about social media, trends or taking "selfies"
>Never liked Star Wars, Game of Thrones or Harry Potter
>Modern American pop culture is pure cancer in every form

I just want to be alone with my literature and philosophy books.
>>
>>39339098
I'm fervently against trends, so I stay out of touch.

But I sometimes wonder, do I hate x because it's trendy or do I hate x because it's shit?
Is it justifiable to hate something just because it's trendy/popular/normie?
>>
>>39341494

I'd say it depends on how annoying the fanbase are. I liked A Song of Ice and Fire before it became a pop culture phenomenon, I'm just in it now for the last two books. Don't care at all about the TV show but the fans are incredibly obnoxious and treat it like the second coming of Christ despite never hearing about the series before 2011.
>>
>got rid of social media
>dont pay attention to any news except if something leaks over from /pol/ for happenings
>hate sports
>complete shut-in now, hardly see my friends on account they hardly talk to me in the first place, even when i talk to them first
>spend all of my time on the pc
I hope things change for the better soon.
>>
>>39341824

>complete shut-in now, hardly see my friends on account they hardly talk to me in the first place, even when i talk to them first

I'm sure some robots have been in this situation before but some of my normie friends are trying to contact me again after I cut them off years ago. I realize this is only because they want me to validate and exalt them for doing some ridiculous trivial shit like having kids but how do I ignore them if I want nothing to do with them? I've cut off all traces they could find but apparently one of them is one of my new neighbours. REEEEEEEE
>>
>stopped caring about politics and news
>haven't listened to/watched any mainstream media in years
>hate televised sports but watch native sport and football out of habit
>most the newer games I've bought have been massive disappointments
The only thing that brings me any joy is the old music I listen to, fortunately, it's a popular genre so there's always the slim possibility that there's someone I could talk to about it.
>>
>>39339098
I haven't watched the news in months and live in an old people neighborhood so I don't know the hips songs the normies are enjoying this week
I only play old games
Dadrock
Online friends only
>>
>>39341824
Sure Anon, one day it will all be magically great and everything will be fine.
>>
File: 63456345634573457.png (19KB, 644x776px) Image search: [Google]
63456345634573457.png
19KB, 644x776px
>>39339098
Stopping watching politics and all the other stuff that is broadcasted via TV made me a big deal happier than I was before. Before that I was always angry and shocked at how much propaganda and lies pass as truth and how much effort it takes just to convince one person when there's out there millions that are wrong.

Now whenever I just hear bullshit I just say I don't know about these things or don't care, and if they keep at it I try to shame them for bringing up such a tasteless topic.

I'm a happier person overall now because I focus in individual solutions instead of quarreling over things that I have no control of.
>>
>time has been on stop for the past 10years/been in a coma-feel
>i feel like am on another planet
>flashbacks/memories from the past visit me daily
>everyone is getting old/dying but i still feel the same

i just wanna go back.
>>
>>39339686
this
this is a fucking robot's dream! work at night and stay at home and sleep/get high/play vidya all day
>>
File: smart.png (161KB, 422x357px) Image search: [Google]
smart.png
161KB, 422x357px
>>39339098
I have the same. It's also really easy for me to see through people's lies and fakeness to the point that everyone around me is just toxic. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.
>>
>>39339098
Are you me, OP? Only difference is I follow politics, albeit mostly through memes, and I play games that came out recently. I just don't care about watching any modern movies or following sports
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.