[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 courses I really want to take in college are all during

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1503681774115.gif (152KB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503681774115.gif
152KB, 362x480px
>3 courses I really want to take in college are all during the same timeslot
>one is Japanese
>one is biblical studies
>one is ww2 western front history
Which one do I take?
>>
ww2 western front history
>>
>>39331834
Taking Japanese is probably worthwhile because you have other speakers to practice with. Then again, you could just watch anime... bakka.

Biblical studies is probably a waste of time. My now-wife took it in college, and her professor said some things that were astoundingly ignorant (e.g. that Milton was the first person to equate the serpent in the Garden of Eden with the Devil). Plus your professor will likely be a modernist nutcase. You wouldn't even be learning from an authentic Christian perspective. I would just self-study.

WW2 history would be a fun class... if we lived in an alternate universe where the WWII narrative wasn't so terribly distorted.
>>
>>39331834
Take Japanese!
You'll learn a worthwhile skill and become a better person
>>
>>39331834
those all sound like bullshit you could just learn with a library card or internet connection so find out who the professors are for all 3 then use a site like ratemyprofessor.com or whatever to find out who offers the easiest course content.
>>
>>39331982
All of them are pretty easy
>>39331982
Already am this fall, this is winter course selection and I plan on continuing learning it throughout the year
>>39331958
WW2 history seems like a pretty good grade booster imo, I'm good at writing essays
>>
>>39331834
Fuck all that bullshit.

You want a challenging elective, take something in either economics or philosophy. Economics will make you use mathematical models (high school math suffices) and philosophy really makes you think (not joking, you can't just bullshit an essay here)
>>
>>39331958
This
Japanese is literally the only one with a shred of legitimacy in modern academia.
Instead of Biblical studies, take Greek and read Septuagint. Most of biblical studies is understanding the fact that Greek doesn't translate neatly into English and discussing alternate translations of words and phrases. You'll get a much better and more nuanced understanding of it if you can actually read the base text than from some post-modernist fuckwit trying to deconstruct the message. Or even worse, an apologist theologian who just twists the narrative to fit his own beliefs.

>>39332043
Do you want grades or do you want to learn?
>>
>>39332152
Both
>>39332071
I had a 35% in junior high school math.
>>
>>39332181
tell us what college you go to
I'll find you a SUPER cool class to take
>>
>>39332203
No thank you, I don't want to reveal too much info on here.
>>
>>39332181
>Both
>35% in math
Well, you're fucked.
Language is pretty much the only humanities that's not fucked by critical theory.
>>
File: 1475467157406.jpg (649KB, 1500x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1475467157406.jpg
649KB, 1500x2250px
>>39332229
>No thank you, I don't want to reveal too much info on here.
I'll kill you if you don't tell me
>>
>>39332243
To be frank I would major in Japanese if I could but a major in translation isn't offered in anywhere but my province's largest city (we have a lot of universities) which is an absolutely expensive hellhole
>>
Japanese is the only worth while one, youtube videos would be infinitly better for the other 2
>>
>>39331834
all 3 sound like a waste of time aka money
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.