[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any robot accountants? Everyone keeps telling me accounting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Are there any robot accountants?
Everyone keeps telling me accounting is a shit soulless job and I should switch my major. I picked it because it's going to be in demand for a good while and it's useful.
>>
File: haha.jpg (17KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
17KB, 396x385px
>tfw no original tracksuit gf
>>
File: 4L_ryK4x980.jpg (85KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ryK4x980.jpg
85KB, 550x550px
>>39325066
>Gonna be useful for a while
Technology can drive a car in live traffic without crashing and Amazon can recommend items to you that you would buy with almost 100% accuracy. Why do you think there won't be a system that could do debits and credits and accounting equations in the next decade?
>>
Oldest advice ever told because it's true: find a job that you truly enjoy
>>
>>39325066
i'm a robot accountant in NYC. the average person has no idea what an accountant does so i wouldn't trust them. it funds my actual hobbies and you aren't forced to act like a complete normie. any other questions? ask away
>>39325243
prime example of a clueless non-accountant
>>
>>39325243
Somebody needs to make that system. Maybe anon can be the guy that does that?
>>
File: 4L_XLcWMubZ.png (380KB, 570x564px) Image search: [Google]
4L_XLcWMubZ.png
380KB, 570x564px
>>39325297
So we have virtual reality simulators, self-replicating AI, and a whole bunch of other super technical and unbelievably complex technology, but an AI accounting app is not feasible in the next 10 years?
>>
>>39325297
CPA? What were your internships like?

>>39325259
To be honest I enjoy ancient astronaut theory. My school doesn't offer a pseudo-archaeology minor though.
>>
basic accounting is now a woman's job, so the pay has gone to shit and the lower levels of profession will be getting phased out by automation. however the people who are good data and risk analysts and compliance officers will kill it. data governance is fucking huge and getting bigger and given that money is just data now, it's a natural fit for accountants to transition into.
>>
>>39325066
Those are some big feet
>>
>>39325315
Programming major here. It's going to be me. Anon is fucked.
>>
>>39325385
replacing CPAs will be like replacing lawyers. you can automate AP/AR roles, but those people are paid minimum wage and don't have accounting degrees. you believing that a """system""" just needs to know debits, credits, and the accounting equation shows how ignorant you are about the field. try getting a f500 company to take on one of your robo-auditors

>>39325389
>sophomore internship - private equity firm
worst internship by far. had to interact with banker normals who thought it was funny to berate accountants. had stuff thrown at me when i used earbuds to tune out their sports talks
>junior internship - KPMG audit
had more experience than most interns. treated like a human being, but they didn't expect anything of me. genuinely grateful for my contributions because i was competent.
>working for KPMG
hours are terrible, work is work, but at the end of the day i'm paid more than most people are. the horror stories you read about big 4 layoffs and shitty management come from literal trashcan employees who make life harder for everyone else. if you're competent and get rated anywhere close to average, you will never be fired and quickly climb your way to six figures.

i joined big 4 to eventually go FBI. if you just want to live comfortably, go work for your state government. same entry level pay, 40 hours a week, can't be fired, and no one cares about what they're doing because it eventually gets done
>>
>>39325579
u from england? whats the best finance job and job in general you know of?
>>
>>39325579
How far can I go with an associates in accounting?
>>
>>39325712
i'm from nyc and everyone wants a FP&A role. it gives you more power within the company, direct communication with people that actually matter, and more "fulfilling" work. that said, i would never do it because you have to be a turbo-normie. finance majors outside of top tier schools are seen as failed accountants.
>>39325784
nowhere. the bare minimum is a 4 year degree from the largest school in your state and eventually sitting for the CPA. without a doubt, the most robot tier career path for an accountant is to get a bachelors and then work for the government
>>
>>39325936
so whats the best job you know of? FP&A?
>>
>>39326000
the best job? it depends and i'm not sure what you really mean. most accounting and finance jobs are just extensions of college which eventually lead to niche roles elsewhere. in finance everyone wants to work investment banking. you're thrown in the middle of everything and learn a lot in a short amount of time. in accounting you work at one of the top firms for a few years and leave to be the go to person for a smaller company. otherwise, you start looking for positions outside of an actual firm where you work directly for a f500 company
>>
>>39326311
do you regret going into this career? you seen like u know ur shit
>>
>>39326352
not at all. especially when i see my siblings fail in other fields :^)
>>
>>39326642
so if u did it alla again from highschool or whatever, would you still choode accountancy? im trying to get a sponsored degree from KPMG and such but i dont want to fucking die of boredom from a shit desk job, thinking of getting a degree then going into policing (like crimology) instead
>>
>>39326888
choose*

djdidudjssb
>>
>>39325936
I'm going for my AS degree right now. I'm just very averse to taking out a loan for a 4 year uni. I'm not expecting a whole lot in terms of base salary. It can't be much worse than my dishwashing job.
>>
>>39326888
is that the apprenticeship thing they're doing in the uk? if so, i would do it. it removes all the bullshit you have to do in america. down the line you can always transfer to any country of your choice and management won't care

as an american raised by a poor single father, if i were just finishing high school, i would've been a police officer instead. very fulfilling, good benefits, reasonable pay if you live in a low cost area, and easy to escape poverty. i wasn't born in new york and i guess i can say the only negative thing about my job is how much i miss home
>>
>>39325066
I am a Big 4 audit senior and an accountant, audit is fun, Big 4 is kinda fun, being an accounting clerk is not fun.

Also I am a literal robot.
>>
>>39327434
how many hours u working?
>>
>>39327641
average 45-50 for most of the year. during busy season it can get to around 70 at times
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.