[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be watching the Rebuild of Evangelion stuff? I watched

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Should I be watching the Rebuild of Evangelion stuff?

I watched Eva and the End of Eva movie a long time ago and liked it and accepted it as finished. I pretty much ignored the new stuff but the more I see the smug pink plug suit girl the more I like her.
>>
>>39316413
Eh, currently it's only 3 movies so why the fuck not.
>>
It's worth watching, but not very good.
>>
File: eva3.33.png (49KB, 443x265px) Image search: [Google]
eva3.33.png
49KB, 443x265px
if you dont take them seriously they are worth watching.
>>
The angel battles are pretty sweet.
>>
>>39316413
Evangelion 1.0 fixes everything from the first 5 episodes of NGE, and I actually prefer it to those episodes. However, 2.0 is poorly paced, with only 3 angel battles and far too much time devoted to Rei/Shinji romance plot that goes fucking nowhere and I'm inclined to believe that Anno greenlit it just to sell more Rei dakimakura covers. Oh, and Mari (pink plugsuit) is a waste of space, and spends so little time on screen in 2.0 that they could've just cut her entirely.
Oh and the ending is pretty great, I won't spoil it, but it has the effect of completely ruining 3.0.
On the subject, 3.0 is a confusing mess, that despite its interesting premise, it fails to deliver anything besides Kaworu pandering and never explains anything.
I'm hoping 4.0 fixes these films, or at least doesn't make it any worse
>>
>>39316413
No its horrible apart from no.1 (first few eps series recap basically).
Turns a relatively mild&well done animu into full blown jap craziness&cringe

So of course weabo autists are gonna recommend it to you
>>
File: 00079what.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00079what.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>39318088
>it has the effect of completely ruining 3.0.
Why do people say this? 3.0 was the only good part of the rebuilds. Literally everyone other than Shinji acts over the top. Shinji is the seemingly the only sane person left in 3.0, whereas he was one of the least sane in the rest of the series and movies. I mean their fucking ship is a whale. It's obviously intentional. Anno is known for disliking Eva fanatics.

The fact that the Rebuilds are somehow canonically related to the show also makes 3.0 an exciting turn of events.
>>
>>39318398
Also for Mari

She was in the manga along side Shinji's parents. Since Rebuild is almost certainly connected to the original anime, it's not a far stretch to think the manga is also connected as well. She's extremely over the top, right from the get go. She's basically a character that is nothing but tropes, and people like to dismiss her for this, but if you take her seriously as part of the story, then why does she have such high level NERV access? Why does Misato seem to know who she is? Anno isn't an idiot, and when you're scripting a movie it takes weeks or even months. That's plenty of time to look over every detail of your story. I really doubt Anno put Mari in just to fuck with people. She will probably be at the center of 3.0+1.0. It just makes me want to see what happens even more.
>>
>>39318398
>Shinji is the seemingly the only sane person left in 3.0
gee, my manipulative father wants me to pull out these spears for some reason, and literally everyone else I've ever known is telling me not to do it. Better pull them out! *triggers the apocalypse, again*
>>
>>39318511
Everyone he has ever known abandoned him. If he didn't feel abandoned by them he never would have went back to his abusive father when Rei came to get him. He was going with Kowaru, who was also acting like an over the top shounen character. Everything in 3.0 is flipped from the rest of the series. It goes from being grimdark serious to shounen stupidity. Every character other than Shinji acts over the top and completely unlike themselves. The fact Shinji is the same isn't just some directing fluke by Anno. Even Rei isn't the same Rei. Instead of learning about her emotions and warming up to Shinji like she did in both the anime and rebuild, she is truly just a living doll with no emotions what-so-ever. Probably a jab at the people who misunderstood what Rei was supposed to be as a character.

3.0 is Anno going "fuck you" to Eva fans while making an effort to take the story in a completely unexpected and different direction than anyone would have thought. It'd be really stupid if Rebuild was just a polished, cut down version of the original anime.
>>
>>39316413
wait till the 4th comes out in 2 years or something, and binge it, that way you won't be disappointed and salty when 3.0 ends.
>>
File: 1497991626916.jpg (481KB, 1012x2320px) Image search: [Google]
1497991626916.jpg
481KB, 1012x2320px
>>39316413
1st rebuild is literally few first episodes with barely anything changed.
2nd is absolute kino
3rd is rusemaster Anno telling the fans to go fuck themselves
>>
File: XenT1R5.png (220KB, 603x603px) Image search: [Google]
XenT1R5.png
220KB, 603x603px
Anno should just give the haters of the rebuild what they want and that is a a total remaster of the series since thats the only thing they want. Seriously aside from 4.0 taking so damn long EVA fans sure are so fucking whiny about something they seem to care about a lot.
>>
>>39319466
>Cheering at Anno's sarcastic shounen scenes
>>
>>39316413
don't bother until you're ready to exit eva culture
they can only be enjoyed for the sarcastic fan disservice that they are
>>
is /a/ sliding threads here now?
>>
>>39320783
I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way.
>>
>>39316413
Just watch ideon instead
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.