[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get CS degree >still end up a depressed, worthless NEET

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: death.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
293KB, 633x758px
>get CS degree
>still end up a depressed, worthless NEET
Where did it all go wrong, boys ;_;
>>
>>39308494
>get CS degree
I'd say right about there.
>>
Should have gotten a proper CS:GO degree instead.
>>
>>39308494
>Where did it all go wrong, boys ;_;
Probably got a bad GPA with no internships or networking
Your best bet now is entry level IT desktop if you can even get those jobs
>>
>>39308494
Start building a portfolio on github (contribute to other software or write some stuff of your own, whatever you like better). Nobody wants a shithead with a piece of paper and no real skills, and the practice will make you more confident.

A few graphical demos, a stupid side programming language, some code in a big-name project or two, and you'd have enough to pad up your shit resume a little.
>>
Well there OP, let's talk about that. See what I see is you:
>played normie games
>won normie prizes

I bet you told countless neets to kill themselves now you're getting your just desserts.

Now you're one of us, enjoy your stay.
>>
>tfw doing CS degree and I have just skipped placement year and am now going into my final near next month
wtf have I done.... well, I suppose the NEET life is calling me
>>
>>39308566
I have internships, but no friends or any connections whatsoever. I haven't even been applying lately though, desu. Plus I haven't had much trouble getting my foot in the door. It's the first step (applying) and the last step (interviewing) that kills me.
>>39308587
How can I get the motivation to even do that shit? Every time I try to get started on a project I end up doing jack shit because I'm so depressed and suicidal.
>>
>>39308658
did you get a good result in your degree?
if you did then I'm going to be worse off than you I opted to not do an internship during my 3rd year
>>
>>39308715
Good result? I'm not sure what you mean. My grades are mediocre, but nobody's asked me so far. I just don't apply to the few companies that require a decent GPA.
>>
Post your resume and we'll spice it up.
>>
>>39308658
>can't muster the motivation to program a simple demo
I think I found the reason nobody wants to employ you.
>>
File: 1478717493297s.jpg (2KB, 118x125px)
1478717493297s.jpg
2KB, 118x125px
>>39308540
i haha'd
heres a you
>>
>>39308744
hmm fair enuf, in the UK we get a certain grade with our degree, e.g. the highest you can get is a "first class honors" followed by a "2:1" then a "2:2" etc, these matter a lot in the UK
a "first class honors" is an overall 70% in your degree
>>
>>39308807
I know that's the reason, but how do I find the solution? I used to be fine, but my depression's spiraled out of control the past year. I just want to be motivated again.
>>
>>39308494
No clue. My friend got a CSE degree with no experience, a good GPA but nothing to write home about, and still got a job making 35/hr full-time. He's a contractor so no benefits but the money is good considering he had NO CSE experience outside his coursework going in.
>>
>>39308494
Would you move for a job? Would you take a minimum wage one?
>>
>>39308658
>doesn't apply to jobs
>wonders why he doesn't have a job
>>
>>39308907
It's because I've given up/am too anxious to talk to people/too unmotivated to try. I just want to find a solution to this. How to mentally unfuck myself.
>>
>>39308872
Step 1: get more sunlight. Try for at least 1 hour of sun exposure per day.

Step 2: try to get some physical exercise

The rest might or might not come, but those two will help a lot.
>>
>>39308494
The moment you gave a fuck. Save up some money, and do something crazy with it. Make a bucket list.
>>
File: 1444247041961.jpg (68KB, 900x900px)
1444247041961.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
>>39308529
>get most in demand bachelor's degree there is
>still not good enough
you can't fucking win.
>>
>>39309285
OP here. No, it's not that. Like I said earlier, my problem is that I'm unmotivated and depressed. You can land a job if you try. I just don't know how to fucking try anymore. It's easier to just be miserable than to find a job. Fuck me.
>>
>>39309357
It's easy to find out, simple to execute, but hard to do. You can google some easy ways to do it, and if you follow the steps, you will get it. Now as I said earlier, make a bucket list. Isn't there anything you would like to do before you die?
>>
>>39308494
it went wrong at the moment you expected any of that shit to make you happy. It never will. No matter what you do, how successful you are, you're always going to be the same person, with the same insecurities, from the same hometown, same everything. Work on yourself, not your situation or status. (with the exception of if your situation is at a point where you can't live properly, of course)

don't get duped into trying to achieve a type of success just because it's what other people tell you that you want.
>>
Translated:
> i did nothing but sit in my room and go to class for 4 years
Shoulda got an internship or networked a bit boyo
>>
in my country computer scientist must work in teams and talking to client so if you are nerdy autistic kind of guy you are fuck. In interviews you have to be super dynamic and bs all the time
>>
>>39309839
OP said he had internships.
>>
So you want to get your motivation back?

Do something else then. Take a break for CS and work at your local store and play vidya games in your spare time if you don't feel like doing CS. You can always go back and work at CS projects if you get your motivation back.

Also spend some money and hang out with friends if you have any. If you don't then get some.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.