[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i applied for a job at a grocery store on monday. is it considered

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 700_1000.jpg (131KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
700_1000.jpg
131KB, 1000x1250px
i applied for a job at a grocery store on monday. is it considered weird or uncommon to go and ask if I have the job? I haven't received a call yet
>>
If it's been Monday you might be sol.
Normally you want to check in after 3 or so days so your app is still fresh in the manager's mind.
It wouldn't hurt to call or go in.
Ask for the manager and ask if he/she remembers your app and if they're interested in what you have to offer.
But after almost a week, he probably forgot the details of your app.
>>
File: hey champ.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
hey champ.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
>>39307397
You should have given the manager a firm handshake. They might have hired you right on the spot, champ.
>>
phat asses used to please me, now they only torment
>>
Oh a JOB AT THE GROCERY STORE????

YOUU SURE WOULDN'T WANT to fuck up the MAJOR opportunity.
>>
>>39307442
thanks for the advice

>>39307446
it was an old lady, she can't handle my grip

>>39307548
they please me and torment me at the same time

>>39307581
I really don't, this is my 3rd application that has gone unanswered
>>
>>39307548
that really is a nice ass, wouldn't mind it on my face tbqh
>>
>>39307617
When it comes to part time service jobs, you almost will never be contacted unless they're desperate to get more people.
Next time you put in an app, wait 3 days then call in and ask for the manager.
They'll either say sorry they're not hiring, or ask you to come in for a quick interview.
If you get the interview, you pretty much will have the job on lock as long as you don't fuck up the interview.
>>
File: 1494251440960.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494251440960.png
51KB, 657x527px
>4 1/2 years ago
>Go to grocery store for what I assume is an interview
>walk into managers office and give a firm handshake
>we sit down and he starts telling me about the job
>Straight to working after his explanation

Still work at the same place
>>
>>39307397
It's always good to show you have interest. Calling is great but physically showing up is even better. I was the hiring manager at my last job and folks who showed genuine interest by checking back in always stand out in a positive way.
>>
>>39308293
Also, even though it's been 5 days, it's still worth trying.
>>
I dunno, I applied to a shitload of low tier job places in the last few months and all of them who told me they'd "let me know" never get back to me. The only place that hired me was the place where they offered me a job on the spot right after a short interview...
Maybe I should've called the other places and asked but it didn't feel like it was worth it since I was already fairly reluctant about doing those shit jobs (really shit jobs) and the humiliation of them not even getting back to me was enough to make me feel like shit
>>
>>39307617
>3rd
AHAHAHAH. You don't know true pain. I've sent out 15 applications and heard nothing back except for 1. Thankfully it ended up being a decent job, but that many rejections take a toll.
>>
>>39308748
I've applied to over a thousand jobs. All rejections.
>>
>>39308748
>>39309073
Apply to a job at a place in downtown. You can apply to most online. I applied to 4 places downtown and got accepted to one.
>>
>>39307698
>>39308293
>>39308357
pretty sure I got it guys. she forgot about the application, and told me to write my name/# down.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.