[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be really successful and popular >But also always be a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 1500832122409.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
1500832122409.png
77KB, 491x541px
>Be really successful and popular
>But also always be a bit weird
>Think it's no big deal since I'm doing well in life
>Sophomore year of college comes
>Fall into deep depression
>Find out I have bipolar 2 disorder
>Continue to get all As
>Yet have to use drugs constantly
>Always depressed when sober
>Memory becomes terrible
>Isolate myself from friends
>No longer as sharp most of the time
>Can't leave room without smoking weed
>Feel like a zombie due to drug use and all the above

Anyone who has or knows people with mental illnesses... is there an escape from this?
>>
>>39302762

Yeah. Grow a beard. Trim it with a trimmer
>>
File: 1502061252095.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502061252095.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>39302785
If only I could grow a proper beard to begin with...
>>
File: 1502073065250.jpg (7KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1502073065250.jpg
7KB, 250x198px
A-Any advice guys?
>>
>>39302762
How were you successful exactly while in college?
>>
>>39302893

Men with nice beards don't grow it overnight or in a month.

You let it grow but trim it so it doesn't get wild and gross.

Cut little off as possible.
>>
>>39302762
>smoking weed
>drug use

god dammit this is such a meme. stop being a lazy stoner and go outside. make friends like I know you're capable of, and then maybe they can introduce you to harder drugs and you can actually bellyache about substance issues
>>
>>39302762
>successful
>sophmore year of college

no
>>
File: 1500345199460.png (44KB, 747x686px) Image search: [Google]
1500345199460.png
44KB, 747x686px
>>39303066
I've had problems with alcohol and even xanax withdrawal before, trust me I know about other drugs. But ever since I found out I've had bipolar, I just use weed medicinally and alcohol sparingly. Substance abuse is still substance abuse, the point is I'm self-medicating (aka taking drugs to feel normal)

>>39303011
>>39303152
I guess I meant relative to most people my age, I was on track to get a great finance internship before my first major depressive episode and it seemed like I was on a solid path. Things just started falling apart so easily.
>>
File: jedBZ1c.jpg (113KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
jedBZ1c.jpg
113KB, 1440x2560px
>>39303272
you sound a little like myself when I was still in college, except I was way deeper into the drug lifestyle.

see a school therapist if you have to, I know that helped me for a while. Otherwise, maybe try and find people to move in with that you can tolerate. housemates will always get on your nerves but if you get some that you like then it'll be much better. you get to tag along to all their social functions and meet their friends (if they're nice)

I wish you well anon. I'm a huge stoner too but as long as you're medicating instead of just knocking yourself out with dabs/tobacco rips you should be alright
>>
>>39302762
Eat better, sleep better, exercise

normie advice I know but they're right. taper off weed slowly if you feel you can't quit cold turkey. Smoke after a certain hour for a week, then smoke every other day, then keep it a weekend thing. Make small goals that'll help you make quit completely. Don't fucking smoke without doing something.
>>
>>39302762

I suffer from schizotypal and schizoid personality disorders, ptsd from bandyta childhood. I pretty much do a ton of psychedelics nowadays. Hasn't helped with the hallucinations, but definitely helped my approach to them and my interpretation of them.
>>
>>39302762
25 and PTSD here theres no escape, you only learn how to cope better. The best advice I can give is make sure to budget time to handle your illness into your plans.
>>
>>39303521
tell us more about it, what kind of hallucinations, what do u understand about them?
>>
>>39302762
I have severe depression and schozoid. If I knew I wouldn't be on this site.
>>
>>39302762
I've recently been diagnosed with bipolar 1, are you on lithium?
>>
File: 1418858631870.jpg (59KB, 460x347px) Image search: [Google]
1418858631870.jpg
59KB, 460x347px
OP, I guarantee you the substance abuse is vastly exacerbating your mental health. You may think otherwise, but I fell into a similar rut while in undergrad. You should seriously consider going completely sober save for the medicine they prescribe you. Knowing how I was at the time, you probably won't take this advice seriously and will find ways to justify your use, but it is bleeding you entirely, and you absolutely need to realize this. Your mental illness will only continue to worsen unless you seriously make efforts to become healthier, and this is something that would greatly impact your healing process.
>>
>>39304130
I haven't been medicated yet, just referred to an off campus psychiatrist by the pdoc from my university. Are you on lithium or any other medications? If so how are they working for you? I'm hesitant to start due to the side effects (I'm willing to lose hypomania I just don't want to become a zombie).
>>
>>39304216
Thanks for the advice anon, I haven't been prescribed medicine yet since my school health center's doc just sent me to an off campus psychiatrist. I'm currently telling myself that I'll quit using weed if/when the medicine helps with my anxiety, but I'm worried that it won't and I'll just keep justifying use as you said. I keep falling into this trap and becoming dependent and you're right, the sooner I get out of it the better. I'm planning to start tapering soon and then only smoking once in a while, not daily like I currently do.
>>
>cant leave room without weed

Mind over matter friend. Mind over matter.
>>
>>39302762
I went through something similar in college, OP. Seek a therapist or a rehab program. Rehab is hell but you'll come out a better person, I promise.
>>
File: 1446851270310.jpg (89KB, 540x591px) Image search: [Google]
1446851270310.jpg
89KB, 540x591px
>>39304475
My advice is to quit cold turkey immediately for at least a couple months and MAYBE consider occasional use. I know it's hard to trust a stranger, but I genuinely think this is what you need given my past issues with mental illness and the effect sobriety had on the stability of my thoughts and emotions.

I'm not saying that drugs are bad. All I am saying is that they are bad for you at this time.
>>
>>39304221
The side affects don't last very long and they're probably going to be very minor, at least for me. Lithium is also processed by your kidneys instead of your liver so you can just drink water to mitigate the side affects.

You should really see if you can't get on it though, I've been taking it for a short time and it's still just a low dose (I'll need to go up eventually) but I can already tell a difference, my mind feels clearer and I'm feel more motivated than I've ever been before, my friends also say I'm less of an asshole.
>>
>>39303948

In some sense, I've had a pet cat since I was 17 or so. It's sort of become an all-encompassing hallucination, and even a delusion. Things I've purchased have morphed into things for cats, only to open my fridge at some point and realise "oh, I actually have that already".

One day he grew to the size of a house and followed me about town. People were tossed left and right, cars were overturned, that was probably the most intense it ever got, but at that point I had already found out it was all in my head, upon my roommate just never seeing my cat in his time living with me. For the most part it was so benign that it really fooled me, a guy living alone and one day a cat shows up in his building. It was like owning a fucking cat. Now it's like owning the lowest maintenance cat ever.
>>
Look into the paleo diet anon, a friend of mine with bipolar disorder says it helps. Also weed is only a short term solution, it's probably making things worse in the long run.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.