[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who here afraid of public speaking? >tfw i will never have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1468127902250s.jpg (6KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1468127902250s.jpg
6KB, 250x230px
who here afraid of public speaking?
>tfw i will never have a career because I can't speak in front of a group of people
>feels bad man
>tfw
>>
>rhotacism and a lateral lisp
>sound very much like a retarded faggot
>somehow have less anxiety about public performance than socially succesful normalfags
Someone explain.
>>
File: 1502750375677.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1502750375677.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
Mfw im a great public speaker but i cant hold a basic one on one conversation.
>>
>tfw stammering and brain fog
i'm not meant to be people person
>>
>be me
>be in top class, or set, in English
>sit next to one of my best friends- lets call him Evan
>teacher starts creaming because our school was entered in a public speaking competition
>no one else wanted to
>we didn't want to
>Evan's parents forced him, I kind of just nodded my head and didn't think about actually having to do it. I didn't want to let my teacher down or leave Evan high and dry
>day of the speech comes
>feel sick, dreading it
>there are like 6 other local schools there
>game faces, teacher trying to perk us up and get us feeling enthusiastic
>2 other schools before us. The wait is killing me and I feel like dropping a giant log in my pants and running. This kid claims to be a member of mensa and starts boasting like hell
>gg kid, good stuff
>we do the speech and Evan has the bulk of it, I have to say some contrived shit and invite people to ask questions. Thank God for Evan, man
>watch the other schools
>try to relax
>now it's over I don't care how we've done
>somehow we end up getting third place and this one nerdy ass swatty girl was giving me the shit eye
>go to Pizza Hut with Evans family afterwards
>still feeling sick but I went along with it
>never have to worry about it again
>feels good man.jpeg
That was a few years ago now, and I haven't changed a bit. If anything I've gotten worse. But the point is, I did it. It was an experience and although I'd never do it again in a million years, I'm proud of myself for giving it a go.
Evan, if you're reading this you know who you are- you're awesome. I'm glad to have met you, you're a wonderful friend.
>>
>>39302726
>have found a way turn off my everything and become a perfect and responsive orator
>can't do this in a private setting between individuals
>>
>>39302726
I can speak to groups easily if i know what I'm talking about. Very impersonal form of communication.

It's having dialogue that I don't like. Feels like everyone expects me to entertain them in simple conversation and I don't usually have much to say
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.