[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aren't most psychiatry disorders over-diagnosed ? Such as

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1503377249716.png (125KB, 324x358px) Image search: [Google]
1503377249716.png
125KB, 324x358px
Aren't most psychiatry disorders over-diagnosed ? Such as ADHD/Depression like :

>'Doctor, i feel sad because i broke up with my girlfriend 1 week ago ...'

don't tell me more, you probably have depression ! take those pills (that will get you in the real depression)

>'my son is very active and has bad resultsi n school'

don't tell me more he probably has adhd, take this adderall haha !

also muh self-diagnosis meme, but sometime i think its better than seeing a psychiatrist that will over-diagnosis u about 4-5 disorder that you only have one symptom of
>>
>>39295844
yes they are thats how they make money buy putting you on the pills
>>
>>39295844
This is why I don't trust (((them)))
>>
>>39295844
Self-diagnosis is infinitely better and (if you're at least semi-intelligent) likely much more reliable than any psychiatrist. I've known for years what disorders I have, and I just got tired of it, so I said Jew Dr. I have X, Y, and Z (all of which I self-diagnosed).
>>
>never had anything growing up
>would probably get diagnosed with some meme shit if I went today
I'm pretty sure that they use the same method as the kids online calling everyone autistic
>>
Yes they are, and it makes people that actually have depression or something look bad. It makes them look like just another whiner. While actually having depression is true suffering.

t. hospitalized depressed anon
>>
>>39295895
desu there is a lot of problems with psychiatrist

like getting multiple ones to get 'good ones' or just to have 'different opinions'

from what i have read psychiatrist give multiple opinions, which i don't think you can trust

the fact that also they are very expansive and some of them maybe known as 'bad' (dgaf about his work or something) on google and they are the only ones covered by your healthcare insurance fuck you

also if there aren't healthcare in your country you are basically fucked because psychiatrists are expansive as fuck and you need multiple sessions to get a good diagnosis (if you get it within 3 for a not that common thing like muh depression, without him even knowning most of ur story since u only interacted with him max 2h)

and obvious if he get you a diagnosis within 2-3 sessions then you should consider him as 'bad'
>>
>>39295944
I think 99% of psychs have fuckall idea what they're actually doing, and they don't even come close to truly understanding mental disorders
>>
File: 1500603776561.png (147KB, 327x388px) Image search: [Google]
1500603776561.png
147KB, 327x388px
>>39295844
I'm basically being forced by my mom and step parent to go to a psychiatrist or they will kick me out or force me out of the house until I need a bed to sleep in. I guess family and friends have been begging my mom to force me to see someone for something like 6 months and she hasn't said anything so I could hit a "breaking point" which to her was me spitting blood on her door after her boyfriend basically sucker punched me. They're basically forcing me on some form of medication which they're expecting me to ask the psychiatrist for so I can get emotionally cucked by the jew pills. Pretty much expecting myself to take the gun in their drawer and blowing my brains out when they're at work.
>>
>>39295963
i'm biased anon by the way

i only went to 2 psychiatrist this year, and they were all very weird trying to make u feel guilty just because u feel 'sad', talking about crazyness about their patients and such

i don't know why u would try to make someone feel guilty when u only have interacted with him less than 20 min and only because i don't go out

i even doubt that they were really psychiatrists or not, like all those year of studies didn't made u learn the word 'patience' ? i mean if u aren't patience with someone with a mental disorder (crazy as some call them) they can hurt them forever

its a dangerous job imo unless u know self-defense
>>
>>39295996
Tell him about your anxiety
He'll offer SSRIs
Tell him about your anxiety/"ir"rational paranoia about them
He may offer benzos
Take them, but be careful
Don't make my mistake and actually take the SSRI or it will FUCK YOU UP in a bad way. I'm FINALLY fucking free of it, though still pretty dependent on the Xanax. Fun.

>>39296030
That's fucked up. I'm very sorry to hear that, anon
>>
>>39295996
Don't take the pills if they're prescribed, at the absolute best they're only useless. I fell for the meme that is psychiatry. I have tried dozens of antidepressants and anti-psychotics and not a one has ever remotely helped with my depression or schizophrenia. Therapy is also a fucking joke too, years of every flavor of therapy and I'm in the exact same place that I was in the beginning. Fuck psychologists, fuck psychiatrists, don't fall for the memes
>>
original bump keks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.