[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any advice for a brainlet thats going to be starting community

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: brainlet.jpg (79KB, 874x684px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
79KB, 874x684px
any advice for a brainlet thats going to be starting community college at the age of 24?

I haven't stepped foot inside of a school since I dropped out in 10th grade. feels bad.
>>
Don't give up, you're making some great steps, just keep stepping forward
>>
>dropped out in 10th grade
>community college

wat. dont you need a diploma to get in?
>>
>>39292554

Thanks man. Just so nervous.. I know once the initial shock wears off I'll be fine, but its just so unfamiliar.
>>
>>39292568

Yeah, I'm starting GED classes in two weeks, then I start big boy school there.
>>
>>39292568

Yeah, at least a GED.

OP, don't worry about being 24. I'm 24 and nobody can tell or doesn't care. Also, do you need to take remedial classes? What's your major/end-game?

Use ratemyprofessor to pick good profs.
>>
>>39292568

Its all taking place at the CC, should have clarified that.
>>
>>39292544
Biggest thing I can say is do work as soon as it's assigned. If's very easy to get into a habit of waiting until the last minute or skipping assignments you deem unnecessary, the only way to avoid it is to do stuff ASAP. You can shitpost and masturbate after your work is done.
>>
>>39292609

>remedial classes

I'm guessing, yes.

>endgame

I know its robot cliche, but I'm hoping to get into some kind of IT or tech field. Who knows though, maybe I'll take up interest in something else.
>>
>>39292618

Yeah, I'm 100% with you. I already had that problem as a neet just doing chores around my house lol

I feel more motivated now than I have in the past few years to finally get something accomplished and feel good about not fucking it up.
>>
>>39292544
Community college isn't that hard, even for someone who may not be naturally smart.

Literally all it requires is time management and some work. Don't waste weeks posting bull shit on 4chan and then finally study/do the homework/do the project the night before.

Just keep on schedule and give it an honest effort and you should be able to pass your classes.
>>
>>39292699
>t. brainchad
>>
>>39292723
Not at all. It's really hard to fail a class like English 1 unless you don't try and don't show up to class.
>>
>>39292699

This is what I've heard from most people that I've talked to.

Its just going to be weird learning things that I've completely forgotten about. Its not that I haven't learned anything since being out school, just that I only learned the things I wanted to.

guess I have to start somewhere.
>>
Also do your best to make friends in your classes. Generally people do better when they're at places they want to be at, so if you enjoy being in class (due to having friends there), you'll probably perform better in the class.

Good luck!
>>
>>39292750
I failed English 1. I tried for six hours to write the first assigned essay and only came up with half of a shitty, shitty introduction that probably wasn't formatted correctly so i just quit. I really, really hate writing. Moreso than math, which i also failed. Some people are just not intelligent. Accept that
>>
File: CPA Review.png (103KB, 1217x471px) Image search: [Google]
CPA Review.png
103KB, 1217x471px
>>39292544
Be mentally strong enough to not let your first failure stop you.

I dropped out of my first real accounting class (one that wasn't one of the two introduction courses) because it was so tough. I was 20 then. I'm 26 now and I'm studying for the CPA exam now. Like literally right now lol
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.