[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the closest you've been to "making it"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 9

File: 1495342907812.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1495342907812.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
What was the closest you've been to "making it"? Social, career, or relationship wise. Why did it go wrong?
>>
>>39291704
It never really went wrong. I just walk upon 4chan one day, realized that I was living a mundane life, swallowed some iron pills and rejected my normie lifestyle for what of a robot.

Now I trap post and spread BBC memes
>>
Im Mormon, so probably in the immediate weeks after I came back from my Mission in Brazil. Instead of making use of all the social skills I learned in two years and contacting the people ive got to know from another country, I went back to vidya for 6 hours a day and refused to talk to anyone unless they spoke to me first...now Im here.
>>
>>39291704
I guess in retrospect I wasn't close to making anything anyways.
>>
>>39291704
what do you mean when you say "making it"?
>>
>>39291704
Almost had an $80k/year job right out of college, but had a brain fart after 5 hours and looked like a dumbass in front of the last guy who was interviewing me, and who happened to be the VP of the entire department. Didn't get the job.
>>
File: d1gjoagv1re8sspfwzb3.jpg (56KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
d1gjoagv1re8sspfwzb3.jpg
56KB, 500x334px
>>39291704
When i dated the one and only girlfriend I ever had (when I was 20). She had the same values as me, was smart, and really caring. One day she told me she was starting to feel wrong about the relationship and wanted a little time apart, and I immediately dumped her right after she said that, although I feel like the one who got dumped> I was super bummed about it. Still am. I feel like that was my only chance and it got fucked up.

We were only going out for a few months too. Damn
>>
I always thought I was relatively normal with great grades and friends. Looking back at high school now, it's probably all a delusion and I have never felt dumber than I do now that I'm in uni
>>
File: 1503580623493.jpg (45KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
1503580623493.jpg
45KB, 480x466px
When i tried to impress my oneitis in high school it brought me closer to chaddom than any other point in my life.In high school i worked out a lot, had a good diet, studied hard in case she asked me for help with anything, became hygenic, and a lot more social. All of a sudden all the chads started hanging out with me and being nice to me by inviting me to parties, but my oneitis always just ignored me and brushed off my small attempts at conversation. She never even looked at me. I didnt give a shit about social status so i dropped everything and went back to being a natural robot and gave up the facade that was hard to manage and fell into depression after realizing im a retard
>>
>>39291704
I got close with a girl after her friends suggested I ask her out to prom (last year of HS). We went to prom, danced some, had a good time overall but her parents literally tailed us right after prom to a bar/cafe I suggested (not that I had the guts to do anything regardless). The "traditional parents" meme got in the way for the next month or so of us hanging out and going on dates every now and then. For the first time I actually enjoyed the company of a girl over an extended period of time, so I kept going and sort of hoping I would get more courageous or something. Around this time I asked her what she thought our relationship was, and she said she considered me a boyfriend.

Here's the major fuck-up: I was always too beta to do anything physical, and she was too naive to realize when I was trying (first "relationship" for her too). One wonderful afternoon we had spent together in a park under blue skies and a light breeze in the late spring, I wanted to kiss her before we both went home; I led her to a secluded spot in a futile attempt at romance. She got visibly uncomfortable, so I abandoned that attempt (the one and only, that is) . From then on we got more distant, eventually I decided it wasn't worth my worry anymore. We talked about all that had happened one last time at a cafe: I asked her why she bothered spending time with me if she didn't want to get physically involved and she said that she was certainly physically attracted to me, but that over time she didn't feel as close and her attraction waned.

In summary I should have been more confident early on and advance faster physically, and shouldn't have let myself be deterred by inexperience and her fucking parent's helicoptering. Nothing resembling a possible relationship has entered my life since, and it's been a little while longer than a year now. I doubt anyone will have bothered to read this, but I wanted to share anyway. Thanks for listening robots.
>>
File: 1494914223609.jpg (87KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
1494914223609.jpg
87KB, 680x418px
>>39291704
I had a girlfriend for 3 years and life was awesome. But, I got a disease and went from a 180 lb muscle chad to a 125 lb skeleton. She then became very distant and less attached until she finally left me. This was a long time ago and I havent came even close to getting another gf nor do I think I ever will.

GG was close game.
>>
File: 1466524192073.jpg (31KB, 389x550px) Image search: [Google]
1466524192073.jpg
31KB, 389x550px
>>39291704

>Had 3 friends (most friends at one time)
>dating my cousin (only gf I'll ever have)
>career path was promising.

All that is gone now.
>>
I'm constantly at the edge of "making it", but my terrible anxiety keeps me from truly thriving in the normie realm.

I have some friends that I see a few times a week, I do alright in school, sometimes I work out.

But,

I can never get a gf, even when girls come onto me, because my nervous system is basically incapable of handling intimacy. I can't get a job because I sweat and can't breathe just at the thought of doing a job interview.

I am condemned to walk the line between normie and robot for the rest of my life. Kinda makes me wanna kill myself desu
>>
>>39291704
I was really gonna make it but then I was born
>>
My girlfriend and first love died. I've been struggling to keep my head above water but I just get hurt again and again. I'm so tired. I'm so tired of fighting.
>>
>>39293168
Ouch, that fucking sucks anon. Mind if I ask what happened?
>>
>>39292057
You did the right thing my duderino
>>
>>39293626
Car accident. It was senseless and random. My whole life had been marked with tragedy before that even. But she was someone I could truly love. I could look into her eyes and tell her I loved her and mean it. I.made sure I always felt it.and really meant it every time I said those words to her. She was an incredible person. I'm just... some broken man now.
>>
File: qz50z421a5gz.jpg (135KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
qz50z421a5gz.jpg
135KB, 640x631px
>had a fiancee
>fucked it up because I was beta and she wound up being convinced that she wasn't ready by a Chad in her church group who subsequently fucked her and left town a month later. I'm a husk now.
>>
File: 1463117094887.jpg (143KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1463117094887.jpg
143KB, 777x728px
>>39293721

Shitty, hope you heal someday anon.
>>
>>39293802
Thanks anon, but I really don't have much strength left. I've given all I had to just living another day for so long. When does it become impossible to keep going? I so very near that point. I can't do this forever.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.