[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Alright students, everyone pick a partner!"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0539.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0539.png
551KB, 964x912px
>"Alright students, everyone pick a partner!"

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>39291225
>not checking the syllabus before you sign up for a class to make sure there are no presentations or group work
>>
>>39291440
>implying it isn't the only professor
>>
File: nice.jpg (92KB, 797x810px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
92KB, 797x810px
>"Can I work by myself?"
>"ok anon"

I'm glad most of my teachers were based and was able to avoid almost all of those scenarios.
>>
>>39291225
Of the people next to you, ask the most attractive. That's what I do.
>>
>>39291225
>Wait 5 minutes
>look around for people looking around
>???
>found partner
>>
>>39291225
Because they want to weed out to autismos from the normos so that they can purposely target us for the rest of the year.
>>
>>39291440
>implying all professors post their syllabus prior to classes starting
are you stupid?
>>
>>39291604
the autismos*
>>
>>39291225
>Why is this allowed?
Because just like how there are people who work better alone, there are people who work better in groups. As a teacher/lecturer/educator, you need to get to all your students, so sometimes you need to apply strategies that work for some, and sometimes you need to apply strategies that work for others. That's also why there are different ways of testing students (written exams, presentations, research work, etc), because everyone has different skills. And finally, yes, for socializing. You're literally trained to be a member of society in school, after all.
>>
The based teacher was the one who made the groups himself but made the group project individually graded too.
>>
>>39291614
so dont sign up for that class retard
>>
>>39291225
Because they want you to give in to collectivism.

>>39291440
Literally every class in the USA and probably Canada and Europe does this. Its not even needed to be on the syllabus.

>>39291504
If you even imply you want to work by your self you will lose credit or get "The Talk"
>>
>>39291504
Nice fake story anon. Professors NEVER let you do the group work alone.
>>
File: 1393458556909.jpg (54KB, 537x433px) Image search: [Google]
1393458556909.jpg
54KB, 537x433px
>you'll have to make a short presentation of 10 minutes to show your work
>>
>>39291669
Literally all of them are like that at my university so fuck off with your stupid suggestions.
>>
>>39291673
You see... when a momma bird and a daddy bird love each other very very much...
>>
>>39291637
You can be a member of society without that
>>
I prefer to work in groups, but random ones

I like having someone else confirming what I think is right or the best way to go
>>
>>39291740
It's fine when they assign you groups and force some Stacy to sit near you, but telling you to form them yourselves is hell.
>>
>>39291715
Don't sign up for that university then.

Problem solved.
>>
>>39291849
It's all I can afford. You're literally stupid, fuck off.
>>
>>39291877
Get deeper pockets and fatter wads anon.

Problem solved again.
>>
>>39291998
Do you not realize how shit tier your advice is? Kys
>>
>>39292062
How's it feel to know you're so inferior you can't even choose where you study?
>>
>>39292116
How's it feel to know you're so inferior you can't even offer valuable advice? How does it feel to know you're so retarded you're offering advice where it's not needed?
>>
>>39292151
Find a better place to get advice.

Problemo solved.

Damn, I'm on a role.
>>
>>39291225
Pro tip: most jobs require you to work with other people, too
>>
>>39291225
This type of stuff is public shaming. Literally singles out the socially-retarded kids.
>>
>>39292171
>I'm on a role
You're not doing shit. I wasn't even looking for advice. You're a literal troll fishing for (you)'s. Congratulations, I'm bored tonight and you got it.
>>
>>39291225
>tfw had good grades so Chad and Stacey forced me to be their partner
>>
>>39291504
>"Can I work by myself?"
>"ok anon"

Bullshit. I tried this several times all through public school and uni. The only way I was able to get out of groupwork was to claim illness and go home the moment the assignment was given. I then returned the following day and offered to do the assignment solo on account of all the groups were already made and had started.

This is something I can't believe is still a problem in schools. The current fad is to be all lefty inclusive everyone gets to be a fag and no bully these days, but be uncomfortable working with other people? Fuck you no suck it up and find a partner.
>>
>>39291225
The worst was year 6 when we did dancing and they forced us to to pair up.

No girl wanted to pair with me. All female teachers laughed at me.
>>
>>39291715

Anon, if your uni is anything like mine was, you have a period of time to adjust your classes in the first couple weeks of the semester. I dropped classes repeatedly and swapped them for others without groupwork or other bullshit on the syllabus for this reason.
>>
>three autists total in class
>the other two pair up and i still have no partner
>>
>>39292186

Working with people in a professional setting is completely different.
>>
>>39291562
>look around
>pretty much everyone is already talking to their partner from a previous course
>ask people I know
>all taken
>ask strangers
>all taken
>>
>>39291225
I dont know whats worse, being alone without friends in a class when you have to partner up and feeling the impending doom, or having a fake friend that abandons you for someone else when this shit happens.
>>
>>39292263
No, it's not. You can drop the class but you cannot get into others until the semester ends. Would be cool to have that system at my university.
>>
>>39291225
>tfw the teacher assigned everyone into groups and there was no way to get out.
>>
>>39292221
You needed advice. Your life is in disarray. You need direction.
>>
>>39291562
>wait 5 minutes
>look around for partner
>the only person left is the retarded smelly mexican
>>
>>39292384
What the fuck are you on about? I literally just said that the system at my college is different. Go away faggot.
>>
>>39292275
Yeah, it's pretty bad when the other losers can find partners but you can't.

Really cements your place on the very bottom of the social ladder.
>>
File: 3o6ZthimkkmnuPnpWo.gif (701KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
3o6ZthimkkmnuPnpWo.gif
701KB, 480x302px
>>39291225
>>39291504
I see a lot of people who are getting upset that they're not allowed to work alone in this thread.
My teachers always allowed to me to do the group assignments by myself if I asked, they naturally said "sure yeah", no big talk, no nothing.
Realistically, when a teacher sees a student that wants to fulfill a project alone, there are two evident explanations, one of them is that the student is really smart and capable and having to do it with other people would be detrimental for them. The other one is that they student is poorly integrated in the class, as in socially.
So, in my opinion... Sadly, I think that students who want to do group assignments by themselves but who are choosing so because they don't want to be bullied or outed socially, these students will mostly never get to do it by themselves.
Clearly for a good reason.
>>
>>39292434
And we've come full circle.
>>39291849
>>
>>39292151
Kek, calls anon retarded but has trouble picking partners for school.

Try again OP
>>
>>39292497
I'm not OP you dumb fuck. This is oregana.
>>
>>39291225
I had a teacher in 11th grade pull this shit with every single project. I think she was just lazy and didn't feel like grading everybody's project individually. I would get anxiety every time I walked in her class worried about group work.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-07-11-54-30.png (929KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-07-11-54-30.png
929KB, 1920x1080px
>>39292513
Sorry oregano, no hard feelings right?
>>
>>39292434
Don't you have a group project to be doing, anon? Stacey and Chad aren't gonna get that A by themselves you know.
>>
I failed French class in high school because of this shit.

>final is a group project
>douche in my group conveniently forgets to mention he is moving away
>I'm stuck with all the work and don't have time to finish the project in time
>>
>>39292755
I've had people pull this shit even in uni
>vanishing into thin air two weeks before semester project is due

It's at this point that I stopped relying on other people for anything.
>>
that's why i became a NEET, i'm 28 and never worked a day in my life, all i do is play vidya and read a bit.
>>
>>39291637
>You're literally trained to be a member of society in school, after all.

It isn't, or shouldn't be, the job of the education system to teach kids how to socialize. That is the parents' responsibility. Public education apparently willingly accepting the role of parent surrogate leads directly to the problems you see happening in school today. When socialization is pushed institutionally it is a forced and unnatural thing that alienates many kids.
>>
>>39291225
just turn to the nearest person and ask if they have a partner, its not that awkward man everyone needs a partner. They are probably just as annoyed by it as you, you dont need to be best friends just get the job done and thats it
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.