[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone oldfag here going to college? >be 26 >starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1500013896873.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500013896873.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
anyone oldfag here going to college?
>be 26
>starting college in engineering
>already starting to bald
>going to finish degree at 30
>most people will have a steady house, job, family by then
>>
>be me
>24
>would have to go to college right now to finish before 30
>won't because I don't belong in college
>>
>most people will have a steady house, job, family by then

KEK, actually most people are living at home with their parents or with a roommate, living check to check with less than $500 to their names living vicariously through internet celebs who are ironically just as sad as they are.

Would you rather be 30 bald with nothing or 30 bald with a degree in engineering?

It's better to go slow than to not go at all, Op. Good luck, too.
>>
i'm also starting college for engineering this year at 26

financial aid only gives me $4000 per semester so i'm a little worried about making rent

less than $1000 a month, doesn't seem possible
>>
>>39286770
thanks man
I guess i overestimate the success of other people. hopefully ill get a job that pays me well
>>
>>39286821
well, it depends on the person i guess

my older sister was married with a house, 3 kids and had her master's degree

and she was even younger than i am now

she's always been a well adjusted turbonormie though and i'm the black sheep
>>
>>39286770
>actually most people are living at home with their parents or with a roommate

I hate how people will be like "LOL YOU STILL LIVE AT HOME WOW" meanwhile they live with 4 different people stuffed into 1 apartment, sharing a bathroom, sharing food, having to live with disgusting other people and their friends.
>>
>right out of highschool went to a CC planning to transfer to uni
>dick around and instead of 2 years it's taking fucking four
>adding to that I am suddenly realizing after getting all the way to diff eq I don't like math anyway
>planning on switching majors and trying to get to uni
>no end in sight, I'm most definitely going to be an oldfag by the time I get out
>>
>>39286896
Wow how old is she now and whats her major? I guess some people are better at life than others
>>
>>39286896

>masters degree

literally meaningless term if you dont say what it's in. i knwo a fuckton of people with bachelors and masters degrees. all in dumb chit like social work
>>
>>39286778
well yeah. They expect you to work while you do the whole college thing they're handing out conditional help not scholarships.
>>
>>39287031
tell me if i'm wrong, but isn't it normal for students to live in dorms or apartments? and most students don't work while they're in school, or they work very little like only on the summers for pocket money.

how do they normally cover rent and cost of living while they're in school?

i lived in student residence halls the first time i went to college and they cost like $3500 a semester, plus i still had like $2k left over for expenses

why am i getting less money now that i'm independent and don't have any assistance than when i was still being taken care of by my parents and their income was factored into the fafsa?

it's not like i've had a lot of income myself either, i've never earned more than $10k in a year

shouldn't i qualify for the maximum amount of everything?
>>
>>39287149
>why am i getting less money now that i'm independent
they assume that since your independent you can pay for yourself
>>
>>39287149
>how do they normally cover rent
parents.
>why am i getting less money now that i'm independent
the assumption of you being independent is that you have a job you've been working to survive on your own. because of this your assistance is less because they assume you have most of the money needed and that you just need their help to cover the rest on loan. you living with your parents showed you were probably jobless or working a meager job and thus would feasibly require more money to support in school.
>shouldn't i qualify for the maximum amount of everything
arguable but on paper the answer is "no" in their system you're an independent which mean you're a big boy who's managing to live on his own under his own power and thus doesn't need as much help from their system.

again, they're expecting you to work to survive now and if you're working you must have some amount of money that's let you float well enough up to this point so now all they have to give you is enough to make it work according to their numbers.
if you drive quit that shit and buy a public transit pass or a bike depending on distance.
>>
>>39286659
you don't know how lucky you are, fuck
>>
>>39287186
>>39287358
this sounds totally wrong and backwards.

they ask for information on income and savings when you're applying for aid.

presumably to give you more or less depending on your finances.

i'll have to ask the financial aid office about it sometime.

and maybe say i'm a dependent next time i fill out a fafsa.
>>
>be me
>31
>all friends and colleagues dealing with marriage issues, divorcing, fighting over their children's custody etcetera as I'm peacefully sitting on the couch eating pizza next to my tulpa bf watching anime and laughing at them
>>
>>39287590
>next to my tulpa bf
doesn't sound that fun...
are you a guy?
>>
>>39286659
i'm 26 i don't even have my high school diploma yet. it could be worse
>>
>>39287792
no shit retard
thirsty fuck
>>
>>39288732
>retard
After writing such a pathetic post, your insults are quite harmless. Hang on, bro.
>>
>>39286939
Not even that most the times. Its usually chad whos parents pay for his house/apartment or inherited one while he only pays for utilities then laughs at us for not being (((independent)))
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.