[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /R9K/ watch Dragon Ball Super? So far the tournament of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Does /R9K/ watch Dragon Ball Super? So far the tournament of power is pretty good and I'd like to talk about it with some robots. Episode 103 (The episode where Gohan pretty much erases universe 10) was probably the best so far.
>>
I decided not to kill myself two years ago because this show was announced.

Current arc is pretty shit but I liked the Black arc.
>>
>>39278475
yes i am ready for the new transformation and so is my ass and cock
>>39278521
this arc is good apart from all the pre-tournament buttplay, im loving the action. didn't you see last episode with hit vs dyspo? that was sick
>>
>>39278521
Black was a fucking spectacular character. I'm extremely happy they were able to pull of an evil goku character. But there is no doubt the black saga destroyed future trunk's character.
I expected much more fighting in the tournament saga but so far its pretty good imo. the episode I mentioned (103) was seriously one of the best episodes in the whole series. It was intense, thrilling, and sad as fuck in the end. The hit and dyspo episode was meh but seeing ssjg again was cool. Its pretty fucked up that characters like dyspo and the fish guy are ssjg level characters.
>>
I think the Black arc was the best so far. The tension, the severity, the real threat and danger to everyone's lives, it felt like DBZ again so much. Every episode of fighting Black and Zamasu had me looking forward to the next one.

Not that there isn't severity in the tournament of power, but I'm not exactly getting behind the character designs. I didn't mind Xeno at first but now he's really pissing me off. The fat bitch and her female universe, really fucking annoying. Tournament of Power is not going as well as I thought. Even the pre-tournament episodes with Freeza were better.
>>
File: tumblr_och3uu7sYD1r72ht7o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_och3uu7sYD1r72ht7o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x279px
>>39278521
Goku Black man...
>>
File: 1503088728867.png (931KB, 1024x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1503088728867.png
931KB, 1024x1229px
I mostly watch it to shitpost on /a/ but its entertaining for what it's worth.

This arc in particular has alot of wasted potential for example with hyping up Krillin for like 5 episodes before the tournament just to drop out first.
Also alot of reused animation.
It's still better than almost every other arc in Super except for maybe the black arc.
>>
>>39278561
>didn't you see last episode with hit vs dyspo? that was sick
That's the only episode I liked so far.

>>39278583
>But there is no doubt the black saga destroyed future trunk's character.
Eh, I think they did a good job developing his character with all the times he had to strengthen his resolve, you'd expect someone as fucked up like him to waver sometimes, it was realistic. The asspull transformations were annoying but that's about it.

> but so far its pretty good imo.
I don't like it, I think they're wasting a bunch of the characters and could do a lot more. Well I guess there's nothing "wrong" with the arc, I just find it disappointing.
>>
>>39278589
Agreed. They hyped the tournament up so hard that it kinda fell on its face at the start. I didn't expect so much fucking talking when its started. But yeah your right. The Frieza episode where he transforms into golden again was dope as shit. and the android 17 episode where they fought in the sunset was beautiful too. and the goku vs gohan fight was amazing. Other than those three, the recruitment part was toooooo long.

The ending to episode 98 where the angel smiled after everyone in his universe died was probably the best ending in dbs so far. And Kale's moments where pretty good.
>>
>>39278583
the one thing that annoys me the most is that other characters were able to get near ss or even ssb level just for the sake of the tournament.
the caulifla being able to get to ss and ss2 like its nothing was probably the worst case of this.
meanwhile vegeta had to torture himself and other characters had to go through some serious trials to get to those stages.

this meme has been around ever since goten and kid trunks though desu
>>
Yes, I do watch it even though it is objectively utter garbage.

I love the power creeping and the power ups.
I think I speak for almost everyone that we all wait for Goku's new transformation.

So hyped

Started to watch the Dragon Ball series when it first aired on TV here in Europe, it has never left me since then.
>>
>>39278658
The recruitment episodes would have been great if they spent time setting up the other universes so that when they actually get erased in the proper tournament, we'd care about them. They only built-up the U6 Saiyans. Some of the other characters that got screentime during those episodes like the U3 robots and Murichim got knocked out immediately which made me wonder wtf Toei was even doing. They could have just done much more in the pre-tournament episodes but they spent 95% of the time with U7 when they didn't need to.
>>
File: 1502255409873.gif (2MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
1502255409873.gif
2MB, 400x223px
>>39278723
I agree, whenever people say the pre tournarment episodes were too long I actually disagree because we barely got to see the other universes and what glimpses we got were shut down as complete fodder, like Muruchim and Nigrisshi.
>>
>>39278723
>implying fucking TOEI gives a fuck about the story

All they do is think of how to get more money out of the franchise by selling merch.
>>
Does this follow on from GT or z?
>>
>>39278691
Oh yeah man. Lets be honest, Dragon Ball Super will NEVER compete with Dragon Ball Z. But it DEFINITELY has its moments.
I would rate it like this desu

Frieza Saga: 9/10
Android Saga:7/10
Cell Saga: 10/10
Buu Saga:7/10
Universal Tournament Saga: 6/10
Black Saga:8/10
Tournament of power Saga: 6/10 so far. Im sure it can compete with black saga in time.
>>
>>39278765
It plays between the timeskip after Buu has been defeated and the end of Z.
>>
>>39278768
>Im sure it can compete with black saga in time.

Wouldn't bet 5cent on it.
I have a feeling they'd even screw up the Goku-Jiren fight.
>>
>>39278765
Dragon ball super follows 6 months after the buu saga from dragon ball z and dragon ball super will end before goku meets uub.
>>
>>39278768
The only redeeming aspect of the champa arc was Hit vs Goku, worse than the ToP for sure.
Also Namek was better than Cell arc.
>>
>>39278768
Freeza > Saiyan > 23rd WMAT > Goku Black > Buu > Red Ribbon Army > 21st WMAT > Cell > U6vsU7 Tournament > King Piccolo > Battle of Gods (Super) 22nd WMAT > Pilaf > Tournament of Power > anything in GT > Resurrection of Freeza (Super)

imo desu
>>
>>39278768
the only problem i had with the cell arc is gohan acted like too much of an edgy faggot when he achieved ssj2
i thought it was badass when i was a kid but when i watched it again recently i cringed
>>
>>39278848
lmfao RoF (Super) was fucking GARBAGE. The only good parts were vegeta fucking frieza up and the earth exploding. It didnt even explain how goku and vegeta got ssjb.
>>
>>39278883
tbf, the movie was shit too

>>39278873
you're supposed to, he's not supposed to be in-character

edgy faggots just like to rp as ssj2 gohan when it was portrayed as a bad thing in-universe
>>
>>39278906
I liked the movie because I watched it in theaters and it was new material. But Frieza powering up to demi god tier level was fucking bullshit.

THE POWER SCALING IS BULLSHIT!!
>>
>>39278848
the first season of dbz was so good
>throwing a 4 year old into the wild
>gohans adventures/development
>destroying the moon
>introduction to otherworld and it's quirks

i dont think we're going to see stuff as savage as early dbz ever again from the franchise
>>
>>39278942
>THE POWER SCALING IS BULLSHIT!!
this.
>>
File: toppo mode.png (330KB, 395x443px) Image search: [Google]
toppo mode.png
330KB, 395x443px
>muh justice
>Muh evil
>muh outfit
>meanwhile him and Jiren sit there and watch their teammates get raped while they could have taken everyone out with teamwork
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.