[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I this way? >be me, at work. Shift ending >me, one

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Why am I this way?
>be me, at work. Shift ending
>me, one male coworker, and like 5 female coworkers
>male coworker, who is in like his 50s says "yeah so and so was asking me 'when the last time you were with a woman'"
>I say in my dryest, flattest voice "Yeah, we don't need to talk about the nineties"
>dead silence
>one female laugh to break the awkwardness
Like wtf I thought it was funny. Is there something wrong with me? I know I'm dry but I thought it was clever. I thought men are supposed to take jabs at each other for dominance
>>
women dont understand humor anon. even less understand deadpan humor. Not the best joke but it wasnt awful
>>
>>39271776
This is why so many shows have laugh tracks
Women are too stupid to understand jokes unless they are told to laugh
>>
>>39271776
>>39271837
Yeah they laugh at the stupidest, most inane shit all day and then when someone cracks an actual joke it's like....*cricket sounds*
>>
>>39271915
>I can't make women laugh
>It's the women who are wrong
Making women laugh isn't hard. You're probably just not funny.
>>
>>39271915
Laughter is often used by woman as a form of flirtation. They don't laugh at your jokes because you're ugly and they don't want you to get the wrong idea.
>>
>>39271939
Partially true, women dont get deadpan humour
You have to laugh with them, or they don't realise its a joke
You have to be super funny to get a woman to laugh if other people tell aren't telling her to
>>
>>39271995
>>39271939
Yeah you're both right. If it werent for my family I'd kill myself. But I can't fuck up another suicide attempt lol
>>
>>39272011
Nice. You're even incompetent at killing yourself.
>>
>>39272041
Yeah no shit. I'm incompetent at everything
>>
>>39272009
>women dont get deadpan humour
it feels like 70% of normies don't get it, even the males.
>try to socialize with normies
>tell deadpan joke
>nobody gets it
>become kind of angry
>they're able to sense that despite my best efforts to hide it
>normies become scared of me
>>
>>39270755
that was pretty funny your co-worker must think its wierd you have not been with a woman for some reason
>>
File: kermitpuking.gif (589KB, 245x176px) Image search: [Google]
kermitpuking.gif
589KB, 245x176px
>>39272055
There's that Norm Macdonald joke, where he explains how he thought funny guys could get girls until he tried it, and when he got blown the fuck off for being an autist he realized that girls find attractive guys funny. They laugh at your jokes if they want to fuck you, or if other people in the social setting are laughing. Otherwise, they don't really get "joke" humor.
>>
>>39272106
You missed the point. He was an older man and I was saying that HE hadn't got laid since the 90s. Are you a woman?
>>
Women don't understand elaborate jokes. They laugh only at "le pizza is life" tier memes.

I found your joke funny.
>>
Normies don't appreciate deadpan humour, it's just how it goes
>>
>>39272134

He brought that up to you in front of the girls because he was playing the question off onto YOU as a jab. So your autistic "witty remark" came off as ambiguous if it was referring to yourself or not, which is what everyone expected. So them being reactionless was because of:

1) You look old enough to have had sex in the 90's so it comes off as "what the fuck why even say that" level
2) You look obviously too young to have had sex in the 90's so it comes off as "that joke was dumb as fuck you downie" level

But go ahead and rationalize how no one laughed at your "oh so witty and hilarious" remark in ways that allow you to avoid improving on yourself and how fucking dumb you are. Clean your room
>>
>>39272314
The ambiguous nature of the joke meant he could have been taking a jab at the old fuck or he was joking about himself. Either way its funny.
Normans don't get deadpan anon and you clearly don't either.
>>
>>39272354

Jesus christ you autistic fuck if you have to rationalize your shitty joke that SIX PEOPLE didn't fucking laugh at, maybe it's cause your joke is shit?

Go play the lazy ignorant, "lel everyone is so much dumber than me thats why :(" card if you want to faggot
>>
>>39272314
Lol go jack off to Jordan peterson, retard. Give him all of your clean room cummies!
>>
>>39272392
I'm not the OP. So I'm not rationalizing anything. I'm just saying you clearly don't get the joke either just like those six tards at his work didn't. It's okay anon, humor is subjective. Now go back to watching Family Guy and laugh at the fart jokes.
>>
>>39272409

Oh my god. How indepth into social conventions and social normalities do I have to go to get this across to you aspie fucks? Just because a joke CAN be funny, doesn't mean situationally it WILL be funny. If you're at the park and some guy waves at you, grins, and shakes the ball in his hand, when he throws it you'll look like a fucking idiot trying to catch it with your mouth instead of your hand, and blaming him for busting your face with the ball only makes you look even more fucking retarded

Keep going with your dumbass aspie shit. The whole world is simply too dumb for you. The whole world is against you anon. You have nothing to change.
>>
File: 1502692082054.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1502692082054.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>39272314
>>39272392
>>39272405
Jordan Peterson cuckold BTFO
>>
it wasn't really that funny of a joke to be honest, what works with some people won't work with others, unless you really care about them thinking you're a quiet funny guy don't bother changing your style to suit them. they'll just think you're quiet and unfunny, and that is an ok identity to have.
>>
>>39272475
You think everyone in this thread is against you and you continue to throw out insults in a discussion about jokes. I think you're the one too deep into your "the world is against you" thought process.

Nice

Reddit

Spacing

By

The

Way
>>
File: 1498821447545.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
1498821447545.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>39272475
Imagine being this much of a tryhard faggot. I wasn't even involved in what he was saying. I overheard it while I was doing something else and then made the remark. Someone later told me it was funny but that that older coworker of ours is so weird that they didn't want to openly laugh at his expense. And again I'll say that you're a tryhard, Jordan peterson-spouting self-denying loser
>>
>>39272510
I wasn't trying to fit in with my joke. I said it cause when I thought of it...it sounded funny. I laughed at it myself for five minutes after.
>>
>>39272546
I thought it was funny anon. Keep it up
>>
>>39272055
Normies don't understand most things. They can get excited about the most dumb shit like soccer, but don't GAF when someone rams a truck into a groupof pPeople.
>>
>>39272514
>>39272524

imagine living in a reality where if no one laughs at your jokes it's because *they're* all the unfunny ones, and you get to go on with your life completely the same, not changing a thing about yourself, simply seeking out acceptance from anonymous posters online and attempting to discredit any posts that make you question your view of reality

can u just imagine? :(
>>
>>39272579
hey, we don't need to talk about reddit :^)

...but maybe you should go back there
>>
>>39272579
Imagine being such a pathetic shit heal that you need to make fun of other people online who tell a story about themselves just because you can.

can u just imagine? :(
>>
>>39272579
Lol this whole post was about questioning "my reality". And you gotta drop the pseudo intellectual shit. Maybe turn your focus on yourself, because you sound kind of fucked up. Like you haven't had your priorities straight and now you're seeing it in other people and instead of criticizing yourself only, you criticize others unjustly in a fucking thread about jokes
>>
>>39270755
it was a funny joke but for really simple jokes you should exaggerate it more what you should have said is

>"yeah, we don't need to talk about never"

then it would have been seen as funny
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.