[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>coworkers make fun of me all day at work >I try to banter

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1503276439824.jpg (426KB, 2053x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1503276439824.jpg
426KB, 2053x1300px
>coworkers make fun of me all day at work
>I try to banter back a little and they think I'm funny in a weird way but they still make fun of me all the time
>have weird speech patterns and an impediment that they make fun of a lot
>also have trouble controlling my face, often make weird facial expressions unintentionally and they laugh at me
>they say I'm a creep and a neo Nazi (I hae to shave my head because my hairline is a disaster)
>it's all really making me feel bad

What do anons
>>
>>39266215
thats bad
you speak to someone
>>
>>39266435
I don't want to be a snitch. I think they mean well but it's just hard to banter back when I'm such an autistic weirdo that no one can take seriously.
>>
>>39266435
bump

I'm just so tired of being the laughing stock of every group I find myself in. I think normies don't realize how much it weighs you down after you endure this day after day.
>>
>>39266215
Sorry dude. Have you thought about speech therapy?
>>
>>39266799
I think it's mostly that I have an extremely robotic, monotone voice. I don't really know how to talk with emotion without it sounding forced.

But I also have kind of a weird speech pattern/cadence that they like to make fun of too.
>>
>>39266215
They're just shitty people, anon. Don't worry about it :)
>>
>>39266799
And another thing is on top of the weird faces I make, I just seem to lack proper control of my body in general. It's hard to explain but they laugh at me for sitting in weird positions or doing weird things with my hands for no reason and stuff like that. It's like there's some sort of disconnect between my mind and my body. I stand there and then suddenly I realize I'm standing really awkwardly with my legs in a weird stance and I'm holding my hands up or something like that.
>>
>>39267254
They're just dickheads shining the spotlight on you so their abnormalities don't get attention. They're insecure as fuck anon. Don't let them get you to their level. They want you to be as miserable as they are.
>>
File: IMG_0415.jpg (72KB, 600x566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0415.jpg
72KB, 600x566px
>>39266215
>>39267026
I know how ya feel. I got a nervous tick, causes muscles to sporadically contract, making my movements akin to the fucking nurses from silent hill
>>
>>they say I'm a creep and a neo Nazi (I hae to shave my head because my hairline is a disaster)
how did this become a thing? a man can't shave his head without being a skinhead? i mean i am racist but that has nothing to do with how comfy a shaved head is

and how high&tight is racist too what the fuck
>>
>>39266435
agreed, fuck these normies who beat up on somebody who's just trying to make it.
>>
>>39267351
>how did this become a thing?
libshits and antifa
>>
File: IMG_2125.jpg (23KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2125.jpg
23KB, 380x380px
>>39267026
>weird speech pattern
Like this guy?
>>
>>39267351
>>39267382
Sometimes when I'm just minding my own business doing my work they laugh at me and and ask what I'm staring at or why I have such a creepy look on my face. They have this running joke that I'm a serial killer.

I just want to keep to myself but it's like they won't let me.

Sometimes I dish out some banter back at them when I can think of something to say (which is rare, my mind usually just goes blank and I don't say anything). But when I do they think I'm kind of funny in a strange way.
>>
>>39267467
To add on to this, today I got kind of frustrated and I said "Look I'm just sitting here minding my own business."

Apparently I was awkwardly spinning in my chair and had a weird look on my face when I said it and my sitting position was kind of awkward.

And so the main Chad of the group (who is actually kind of the supervisor and the one in charge) copied my sitting position and his chair and he mimicked my voice saying "Guys I'm just minding my own business. Look I'm just sitting here minding my own business guys." and he started doing the weird spin in his char like I was and everything.

I just sort of smiled and pretended to laugh it off but on the inside it's starting to wear me down desu
>>
>>39267554
Holy shit if this happened at my workplace I'd probably fucking snap

Then again I've snapped there before many a times so my co-workers are too genuinely afraid of me to make fun of me.
>>
>>39267591
I've already gotten in trouble before and I really can't afford to do anything like that again.
>>
>>39267554
Alright, yeah you need to say something and be serious about it. Do NOT passively file a complaint, that will make it worse, go to HR or whatever and make it very clear that this behavior is not okay with you. Then these idiots will probably apologize and be friendly with you.

This is when you need to let that false pride down a bit to help yourself
>>
>>39267554
Your best bet would probably be to just roll with it. If you sperg out on them it'll just make things worse and they'll think you're a pussy for being offended by something that minor. Why do you care what they think of you anyway? It's just banter.
>>
>>39267692
I know anon. That's what I've been doing. I'm just so tired of being that weirdo that everybody laughs at. It really wears you down after all these years.

I know they're not bad people. They're just normies having some fun. But I don't think they realize how much this behavior can hurt a socially awkward robot.
>>
>>39267752
>I don't think they realize how much this behavior can hurt a socially awkward robot
No, they have no idea because a normie can't comprehend that people can fundamentally think differently than them.
>>
>>39267254
>>39267026
>>39266215
Sounds like you might actual, legitimate autism. Get diagnosed and then you can sue the employer if they don't stop
>>
>>39267752
>muh words are violence mentality
It'll only bother you if you let it. I've been told for years that nobody loves me and I should kill myself. It doesn't bother me because it's just words. Just sounds with context. Why should I let it bother me? I'd like to think that I'm tougher than that. The 'sticks and stones' trope is true. Just food for thought.
>>
>>39267812
he can sue the employer regardless of autism, this is sustained harassment from coworkers and superiors

which is why he should talk to HR because it creates a paper trail

he should record this shit too
>>
>>39266215
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1ECQKoPlziy
>>
>>39266215
speak to hr, if they dont help, sue.
>>
>>39266469
If they are actually making fun of things you have no control over, like your hair and your facial twitches they are not meaning well, that's far to personal and something they probably know you are already self conscious about. They are literally walking over you anon and I don't think you should let them. Go talk to your manager and ask him/her to do something about it or literally just quit your job. You don't want for half of your days to be filled with shit like this.
>>
>>39267254

The way you describe yourself here sounds like honest to god autism, I really don't mean that as an insult. I was the same way for a long time and I actually am clinically autistic. Now I'm just a total asshole to people before they can be an asshole to me, usually works out, but I wouldn't say I'm happy or that anyone really likes or understands me. I'm basically a bully. Anyways, could be worth getting diagnosed honestly. You may even think you'd rather be the predator than the victim, like me, but this won't lead you to a fulfilling life. If all else fails maybe consider getting therapy and looking for a new job. It doesn't help if your super' is a Chad, since they will gravitate towards hiring and working with other Chads/Stacies.
>>
>>39266215
just fucking leave it. fuck them. if youve been working there for a bit just put it on your resume to make it look good. u should be fine in the job hunt
>>
>>39266215
Just fucking snap one day but in a serious and non agressive way. Eg "Can you all just leave me alone and stop harrassing me. You probably think it's just causual banter but it goes on day after day and the line between joking around and making me feel like an outcast is getting more and more blurred as the days go by. How would you like it if everyday you were reminded and lauged at about things that you have no control over. Enough is enough just let me do my job in peace."
If they come back with "Bro calm down it's just banter, don't take it seriously." then retort by insulting them for being so dense and un-selfaware that they need to take out their obvious insecurities on someone who they "think" is weaker than them. Look them straight in the eye and stand up straight with a confident posture. It doesn't matter if your speech impediment gets in the way as long as you project that you're not prey and won't stand for this harrasment anymore hopefully they'll get the message.
This is coming from someone who also looks abnormal and has speech problems but once I stood my ground and showed them that I'm not a fucking pushover and that I'm not standing for this shit anymore people backed off. Some simply didn't realize the impact comments would have on me and that made them self reflect and become more aware that their actions and words can hurt.
If you're in burger land maybe have your phone on voice record and hidden so if they do come back at you with more negative comments to put you down you can at least go to someone with direct evidence of workplace harrasment and hopefully resolve the issue.

Goodluck Anon
>>
Dude you deserve better man. I was treated like that when I was 15 and I eventually snapped.
>>
>>39267026
I have the exact same thing

I have a permanently monotone voice which people openly mock me for. I have make weird faces and am really bad at facial expressions.

I saw a speech therapist when I was young. No it doesn't get any better
>>
>>39266215
Just bee urself dude :^)
original
>>
>>39267910
Wow i have no idea how you guys can take that whenever someone makes fun if someting i cant control or in general i always confront them about it and they stop
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.