[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oldfags: what did you do with your time before the internet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: bbhead.jpg (60KB, 359x766px) Image search: [Google]
bbhead.jpg
60KB, 359x766px
oldfags: what did you do with your time before the internet?

pic unrelated
>>
I've always had the Internet before 4chan I used to browse bbs
>>
Libraries, coding and vidya
>>
I hung out at the library a lot. I mean the internet became popularized while I was in high school but it was super slow and prevented you from using your phone while logged on. I would say it was worthless until after college.
I guess most people did all the same things we do now but without any convenience. It was definitely nicer to not have every half baked idea recorded on your permanent record for life though.
>>
>>39259332
go skateboarding
take drugs and walk around out in the woods
>>
Got games off of sneakernet, hung out with friends, worked a part-time job during the summer. Some of the best years, honestly.
>>
Video games. It was only for a small bit of time, by the time I was 6 we got a family computer
>>
played outside with friends
video games
TV
read a lot of books
>>
>internet came right when i hit puberty
during my childhood I did basically everything outside.

rode bikes everywhere
went over friends house
watched tv
also drew, alot.
>>
Drive around listening to cassettes, jerk off to magazines, get high and stare at album covers
>>
>>39259332
Didn't like playing outside
Didn't like my "friends" outside school
Just liked playing singleplayer pc games all day and watching tv.

Actually I had very very slow internet. The kind that downloaded a 3mb mp3 song in 1 hour.
>>
Sit on the couch and watch TV, mostly.
>>
Internet came along when I was in my teens. Before that I read books and filled reams of paper with really shitty doodles mainly. And there was still offline computer shit to do. Fucking Kid Pix, man.
>>
>>39259332
Snes and Genesis, hanging outside with friends, reading, watching movies on tv, renting movies on blockbuster, I had a bike but it had no brakes and I was living on a city so basically I just used it on the park nearby, hating school and teachers and homework
Back in the day I thought life sucked but NOW I know those were good days, life started really sucking in 5 years or so

on my family we had access to internet around year 1998 when I was 15yo
>>
Reading, drawing, stickball, street hockey, bike riding, drinking, Atari, ps1.
>>
>>39259809
What was your favorite album cover from those times?
>>
>>39259332
Read a lot of books, I was always at the library. I used to draw a lot as well. I didn't have friends, too autistic for that, but I'd get on my bike and just drive around. I pretended I was biking through the united states and was on the run from indians or whatever shit my 7-year old brain came up with.
>>
-Read books, comics, magazines. My sister and I liked to read MAD magazine and Archie comics so we would share those with each other. I liked to read the "Goosebumps" series of books. Paul Jennings and Emily Rodda were popular children's authors in Australia at the time and I read quite a few of their books.
-Play video games. I had an Atari Lynx and my family had a PC from the early 90s onwards. We also had a Sega Master System II and Sony Playstation. I would also watch my sister play video games sometimes. At one point she really liked playing Duke Nukem 3D or Commander Keen 4 while listening to music, eg. The Cranberries, Powderfinger.
-Ride down to the creek on my bike and work on my cubby house.
-Watch TV, eg. Agro's Cartoon Connection, Cheez TV, Spellbinder, Secret World of Alex Mack, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Ocean Girl, Round the Twist.
-Listen to music. I had Sony Walkman and later on I had a Discman. I borrowed my sister's CDs a lot and sometimes she would make mix tapes for me.
>>
File: 1342876571308.png (33KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
1342876571308.png
33KB, 800x473px
I isolated myself from others and media
Did repetitive task to pass time (simple games, wood-chopping, drawing)
>>
Ride my bike. Video games. Explore the homeless shanty towns by the traintracks alone with my brothers.
>>
Reading this thread leads me to believe that people don't lie about their age to appear older so they fit in with the site. Instead this site is full of older people pretending to be 30.
>>
File: 1497273570109.jpg (50KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
1497273570109.jpg
50KB, 640x632px
>>39259332
Play football at the cul-de-sac using the same two trees as posts, trespassing on the golf course over the street, hitting some balls at the practise field and sneaking off.
>>
Watching tv, reading, going outside to play with neighborhood kids, playing with plastic soldiers, later on when I got a job I bought a computer and went on local and to play board games and post on forums. Then I subscribed to the GEnie information service and hung out on writing forums.
>>
>>39264370
*went on local bbses

Originally old-school style
>>
same thing niggers still do:
hang out on the porch
>>
>>39259332
Hard to remember because I have used the internet extensively since runescape 2 came out and all my little buddies in elementary school started playing it.
>>
>>39259332
I used to be the local shit stirrer.
Half the urban legends you've heard, I probably started the fuckers.
I got a cinema to evacuate after feeding people lies that there were needles under the seats, and that gays would drag you behind the curtains and inject you.

I also disgraced a local gentlemans club by insinuating to the baker that they were all homosexuals. Baker told the rugby lads and they got the shit kicked into them. Lots of ambulances and assault charges.

Can't do that now though. People don't care about word of mouth. It's all "net net net".
>>
I played outside with my friends from school. Football, hide n seek, trading pokemon cards, anything. Also played the nintendo, mostly multiplayer with the same friends.
>>
>>39259332

We had dial up and my dad worked from home so I basically didn't have any worthwhile internet access.

I used to play outside and have big battles with neighborhood kids with sticks and stuff, played with super soakers and airsfot guns. Rode bikes and played sports in the park next to my house.

This was like 1997ish-2005, in '05 we finally got Wi-Fi and I played a ton of computer games and made a MySpace page.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.