[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>college move-in is tomorrow >entire weekend of "first

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 1477125272165.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1477125272165.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>college move-in is tomorrow
>entire weekend of "first year orientation", "ice breakers", and "activities" from Thursday to Sunday
HELP

HELP ME
>>
Don't go? Do anything but hesitate. You can be a Chad loner.
>>
File: 1.jpg (7KB, 199x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
7KB, 199x300px
don't be stupid and use it to meet some other edgelords, it's better than no friends for the rest of college
>>
It's ok qt you won't die or anything

Btw lots of cutie white wimminz there
>>
>>39259233
You do know that you don't have to attend those classes at all, right?
>>
>>39259233
It's okay
I hated them too
They're whatever

Just bullshit your way through them
You can even make shit up
When they say what your hobbies are just say shit like Chad hobbies or something
>>
File: 1497884197764.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1497884197764.gif
1MB, 320x180px
I know that feel

Im nervous af too. My elementary school crush will go to the same college and i want to date her or something like this.

HELP ME TOO
>>
>>39259327
>>39259233

Do them anon, you should use this as an opportunity to meet other autists and socialize.

Networking is the most important thing in college
>>
>>39259233
act like an anti-social spastic and everyone will try to avoid you. It's worked for me.
>>
>>39259233
our dorm threw an ice breaker event and such.
it was pretty fun. i met a lot of cool people.

stop overthinking it
just b urself ;)
>>
File: 1501447865266.jpg (75KB, 485x473px) Image search: [Google]
1501447865266.jpg
75KB, 485x473px
>Dude just come out of your shell :D
>>
>>39259437
to elaborate wear hoodie and sweatpants, bonus if the area you live in is hotter than hell, sit in the back of the class and tap your fingers together constantly, nobody sits anywhere near you, instant bliss. if they ask you some icebreaker shit just give generic answers.
something you did over the summer: Work
something interesting about yourself: I have a cat
Favorite X: you're on your own, figure something out
>>
>>39259437
I was going to suggest this. Go full autism. Dress and act as autistically as possible. It's college so you can't be bullied no matter how fucked up you are. If they do bully you they can get removed or punished for student misconduct.

If you really wanna go nuclear shit your pants on the the Thursday and don't change till Sunday night. Nobody will fuck with you after that. And nobody can say shit to you about it.
>>
>>39259233
In order to make friends, you have to constantly meme on everyone
During icebreakers make references that are obscure but not too obscure
Such as to jjba
>>
>>39259233
PARTY ROCKIN IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

JUST GO WITH THE FLOW OP
>>
>>39259233
Are you attending uiuc?
>>
>>39259233
Don't go. You are an adult, no need to get pressured into things you don't want.
>>
>start college at the ripe old age of 26
>go to orientation last week
>surrounded by fresh-faced 18 year olds
>i'm older than everyone by almost 10 years
>one other guy my age, he's balding
>sit silently while everyone has a good time
>mandatory affirmative-consent seminar
>fat cunt roastie talking about muh vaginer
>go to get my student ID after
>first time taking a picture in years
>the guy says, "you look a little serious"
>this is just my normal face though...
>try to give a little smile for the camera
>dead eyes, comes out like a mugshot

>tfw not enough money to buy school supplies
>tfw my old backpack has a big hole torn in it
>tfw student loans don't come for another two months
>tfw no time for study because i have to work too
>>
sit slouched with your arms crossed and a jaw clenched and nobody will ever approach you
>>
>>39261173
In my college that sort of shit was mandatory, not kidding. College has become a preschool for adults, shit sucks.
>>
>>39259233
spare yourself the trouble and just drop out now
worked for me
>>
>>39259233
This is your last chance, remember that.
In 3 years time, you can be complaining that you never experienced that blissful stage of young adulthood where you got drunk all week with close friends, that you never attended any parties and that you wasted your youth. Or in 3 years time you can be content knowing that you've seen it, done it, and don't have to wonder what life could be like

Choose wisely
>>
>>39259366
>You do know
>,right?
Fuck people that type like this
>>
>>39261632
What can they possibly do to you if you don't go?
>>
File: 1497470759154.gif (918KB, 408x311px) Image search: [Google]
1497470759154.gif
918KB, 408x311px
>>39261632
>tfw I saw literal fucking coloring pages and legos laid out in the library during exam week
I felt fucking insulted.
>>
>>39261737
Not the guy you're replying to, but that seems a strange thing to be upset about.
>>
>>39261760
I forget but it mightve been like fees or getting kicked out of housing or something stupid yadda yadda It probably wasn't any of those things I just saw mandatory and just fuckin went to it. I didn't want to be bothered any more with it.
>>
>>39261772
Yeah. We have a "stress-free zone" (which makes no fucking sense, because you carry your stress with you. That's one of the main things about stress) in our campus library, which is literally just a few beanbag chairs and maybe a table or two and a colourful carpet.

Dalhousie University has a puppy room. I want a fucking puppy room.
>>
>>39261781
Its fucking obnoxious but I'm probably the only one who gets upset by it so whatever man.
>>
>>39261797
In my school I would have gotten kicked the fuck out without anyone blinking an eye

Shit was fucking cancer
>>
>>39261190
Then why did you think going to college was a good idea if you can't manage?
>>
You just go and make light of everything. My biggest regret is not putting myself out there when I first started college. Now I'm a senior with no friends and no connections.. not even with any professors I've had. I just browsed /r9k/ and was too afraid to talk to anybody, I just made grades. I'm just now creating a LinkedIn and starting my professional life and you have a FOUR YEAR HEADSTART on all that shit. I encourage you to visit a variety of different programs and student organizations to find somewhere you feel comfortable. It is really lonely and difficult to do college the way I did, and you are the same as every everybody else right now- full of potential.
>>
>>39261760

Most colleges in the US freeze your ability to register for classes and get sports events if you don't complete mandatory alcohol and consent/rape education programs now.
>>
>american "adults"
>>
>>39259233
>>39259233
my whole group of friends i made in college skipped those. they are the most awkward thing ever. they aren't mandatory. you are an adult. do your own thing. that is what college is about. but the one tip i give you is take every class as serious as possible NEVER SKIP. DONT EVER SKIP YOU FUCKERS.. please no skip
>>
"Mandatory" doesn't mean shit for that social icebreaker bullshit in college. You're a fucking adult. If someone tries to question you about why you weren't at the floor meeting last night, tell them it's not any of their fucking business.
>>
>>39259233
I wish I was you OP:
oreigano
>>
>>39262247
ANON IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE A TEAM PLAYER(TM) WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO FREEZE YOUR REGISTRATION UNTIL YOU WANT TO BE MORE OUTGOING.
>>
>>39262031
It's just that I'm broke right now. As soon as the financial aid comes thru I'll be fine. I'll have enough left to carry me over until disbursement in subsequent semesters too. It's just this first semester that I'll be short, since I haven't gotten any in the past.

Some people can make a career out of unskilled labor like retail and food service but I can't. It's either this or death desu.
>>
>>39262274

Nowhere actually does this. I'm not at college to fucking "make friends." I have far more important things to worry about.
>>
>>39261772
I saw this too and assumed that it was there for any students with children. Not for the students themselves.
>>
>>39259233
Continue to be a fucking retard that can't even stay partially engaged in a convo. For added benefit, have an air of superiority around you.
Literally the first week is where you can make friends. Everyone is new and doesn't know anyone, unless you get fucked and they all joined some fb group, but that was back when I was a frosh in 2012
>>
>>39262302
you have no rights at college, they can do pretty much whatever the fuck they want. but yeah, most places probably wont do this.
>>
>>39262122
I would say "thank fuck I don't live in the U.S.," but that would be petulant.

Plus, I'm joining the military. I'll have my fill of "please don't commit rape" lectures.
>>
>>39262481
In the military? why?
>>
>>39262481
I would imagine they do this in europe/canada too. If not you guys got lucky there. colleges here are private institutes so they can do whatever the hell they want regardless of rights.
>>
>>39262540
They don't do it here in Canada. My university is starting a mandatory indigenous education course or whatever the fuck, but I'm a fourth-year, and only people who start their first year after the course is created have to take it.

>>39262493
Because I want to be on a ship, the pay will be pretty good, I'll get to travel, and life in the Canadian Navy isn't particularly dangerous.
It's just what I feel like I want to do. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows?
>>
>>39262122
They really drilled it into us, the state is taking consent on college campuses VERY VERY SERIOUSLY. If you don't have affirmative consent they will immediately expel you from every single state university, for life. Like, forget actual rape, actually forcing her or doing it when she's passed out. She needs to be verbally, directly stating her consent every step of the way. There's no "but she didn't say no," implied consent doesn't exist any more. It needs to be an explicit affirmative YES or you will be EXPELLED.

It's enough to make me reluctant to have sex at all, in case I accidentally rape someone without intending to or even knowing that I did it.
>>
>>39262644
I meant why do they have you take the dont rape things in the military, but I'm guessing its like female soldiers or some other meme like that
>>
>>39259233
To be honest I recommend doing them... I'm a dumb transgirl and wasn't super passable in my first year so I was too embarrassed to go to these things. Just kinda hid in my room and now I have no friends for the past few years. I-it's worth it if you want friends...
>>
>>39263263
You're a man, and you have no friends because you're mentally ill.
>>
File: 1476399172892.png (2MB, 1152x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1476399172892.png
2MB, 1152x2200px
>>39263295
Well, yes, I know gender dysphoria is a mental illness, you're not casting some great revelation there. I also don't have friends for other reasons, health issues I have make it hard.

Also you'd label me a girl in public because i'm super passable now, but its fine if you wana call me a boy that's kinda cute desu.
>>
File: 83a.png (131KB, 528x321px) Image search: [Google]
83a.png
131KB, 528x321px
>>39259233
I know the feeling man, I fucking hate it. I just want my school to fuck off and let me do my classes
>>
>>39259233
Enjoy them. It's probably one of the last time you'll get a chance to escape loneliness.
>>
>>39263158

Also remember that she can revoke consent at any time even after the fact. Even if she said yes every step of the way if she suddenly decides three weeks later that she didn't actually want it you're suddenly a rapist.
>>
>>39263158
It's not that complicated. Before you stick your dick in a girl, just quickly ask "you want to do this?"
>>
>>39263919
I don't think she can revoke consent retroactively.

But, if she decides during sex that she wants to stop it becomes rape. Even if she doesn't do or say anything about it.

Really makes you think.
>>
>"anon why haven't you made new friends"
>Im there to get a degree, that's it
>"anon college is supposed to be fun, you can transfer if you want"
I sometimes wish I stayed at the dorms just to dodge this conversation
>>
>>39263158
just dont fuck with any roastie in college. Title IX witchhunts can fuck you if you even look at a roastie funny.
>>
>>39264145

That's why I didn't go to a college that required freshmen to live on campus. I go there, go to class, and go home immediately after. I don't do extracurricular shit or hang around longer that I have to.
>>
>>39259233
What if you just don't show up?
>>
>>39264702

Colleges can drop shit on you like freezing your ability to register for classes or recommending you to be evicted from your dorm.
>>
>lie down and sleep on the shitty couches in the hallways between classes because theres a lot of time to kill
>wake up to normie scum giggling and recording me with their phone
what the fuck was that about
>>
>>39259233
You can probably lift a prettys skirt tomorrow and cream her up like an iced bun if you play your cards right mate.
Is that what you'd like?
>>
>>39264754
name 1 (one[uno]) example of this
>>
If dubs you refer to yourself in third person the whole time. If trips, do that with the voice of M'aiq the Liar.
>>
>>39261632
>>39261797
>>39261813
>>39262122
>(I will not say that your education system has become a fucking joke because I don't want to end up on a watchlist)
>>
>>39259233

All these fucking autists worried about orientation and I'm just sitting here wondering why the fuck no one told me about class times and books yet. Like, wtf. They're only sending emails about welcome day, bbq and trips and shit.
>>
>>39259233
To all the prospective uni robots in this thread, do not worry if you don't do well socially the first year. I completely tanked both in grades and social life my freshman semesters because of depression caused by thinking I wouldn't amount to anything to these people. One year later and those feelings have all but entirely washed away and I am very forward with social interactions. We will all make it
>>
File: 1503525688090.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503525688090.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>39259233
I know the feel anon. I went to the first night of that shit as a freshman. I left when they made me lock arms with another man. I skipped all the other activities that week because they're gay just like what I went to. Man up and don't go. YOU ARE NOT IN HIGHSCHOOL ITS YOUR MONEY (probably) you do get to tell the university to fuck off when you want to.
>>39259298
FPBP this anon is right. By not going you're rebellious, continue it throughout the year and become a chad just don't be a faggot
>>
>>39263541
If he hates it that much its not gonna help. Its just gonna make him hate people more
t. college student that hates other students because they never STFU
>>
>>39266940
the amount of normies around me that never shut the fuck up is mindboggling, even in the library they're fucking everywhere
>>
>>39266998
I know. It's like they go to school and never have to study even during finals. Meanwhile my room's floor is covered in notes and books and I'm fighting the urge to go ape. At my university though no one is in the art library (big surprise) so you can actually study there.

>>39259400
Talk to her some use the excuse of "Hey I know you do you wanna hang", after a few days get her number, ask her out, done.
>>
>>39266277
Professors and staff bullshit everything just as much as the students do. Mkst professor don't even bother looking at or updating their syllabus until like two says before a class begins.
>>
>>39259233
go to them retard

you will regret it if you won't
>>
>>39259233
I've never wanted to jump off the roof of a six story building I'm currently residing in than now that I reside in it and waste my time doing this bullshit in this pointless life
>>
>>39267244
heres a hint: they wing it, if they fail they dont give a shit
>>
Get drunk or do drugs beforehand, i only socialize and i do it well because of drugs and alcohol
>>
File: 1483830065775.png (556KB, 958x811px) Image search: [Google]
1483830065775.png
556KB, 958x811px
>>39267277
I went to mine and I regretted it for weeks
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.