[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>became a cult leader of manchildren because of his movie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

>became a cult leader of manchildren because of his movie and book reviews
>>
>manchildren
Why always this demeaning of people. Why do unattractive men have to be the scapegoat of everyone?
>>
>>39259292
manchild is (supposedly) about mental ineptitude not physical
>>
>became a respected speaker after standing up for his morals and clearly defending them

His whole thing is don't let people walk over you, earn your own respect before you demand others respect and tell the fucking truth what's the problem with that?
>>
>>39259469
it can also coincide with the physical
>>
>>39259469
What ineptitude? What the heck is wrong with not wanting to provide for a woman?
>>
>>39259154

>buy my self-help quiz for 20$; You do all the work, I get shekels for writing 10 questions.
>>
>>39259683
It's less of not wanting to and more not being able to.

That you can't even take care of yourself properly let alone others.
>>
>>39259743
Then he should call it womanchildren, because most people who get taken off are women.
>>
Hes basically a father figure for people who neglect themselves physically and mentally. His advice is very basic but to an autistic robot its motivation
>>
>>39259683

I don't think Peterson is very MGTOW desu. In fact, he would argue this shit is actually an accelerator of our downfall as a society.
>>
>>39259629
>His whole thing is don't let people walk over you, earn your own respect before you demand others respect and tell the fucking truth what's the problem with that?

>Needing a fucking professor to tell you this

You guys are so fucked
>>
>>39259825
Boomers not getting their pension? The sky is falling.
>>
>>39259683
>immediately mentions women for no reason
t. Mgtard
>>
>>39259841
Parental Neglect is a real thing
>>
>>39259874
Manchild is a term solely targetted at men. Now why would that be? Probably because it has something to do with men not fulfilling their traditional gender role. Which is providing for women.
>>
File: 1503428252302.jpg (83KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
1503428252302.jpg
83KB, 750x740px
>>39259825
Not going MGTOW is like stimulating the economy with inflated currency to keep the dead corpse animated when the market just needs to contract and reset.
>>
>>39259913
>Manchild is a term solely targetted at men
Because all women have the minds of children.
>>
>>39259913
women and men are fundamentally different. Men need to "come of age" to be considered a man. Women just become women over night through puberty.
>>
>>39259851
>>39259939

No you idiot. It isn't about boomers or "deh economy".
You need to raise a new generation of children or else it'll be filled with fucking PoC winning the final round you absolute dork ass.
>>
>>39260058
>>39260014
I am not seeing your point. Are you suggesting that women should have the same rights as men but not the same responsibilities?
>>
>>39260073
Or we could you know, just not import people to sustain artificial economy?
No, no, let's blame the manchildren.
>>
>>39260089
while you larp about virtue stacey is taking 8inches of tyrone after they smoked a blunt
>>
>>39260194
So what? Stacy will have to deal with the consequences of that, not me.
>>
File: 1502919114439.jpg (251KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1502919114439.jpg
251KB, 1080x1350px
>>39260226
wow I never thought about things that way you're right

unless of course social decline effects everyone because our lives are basically our interactions with people for the most part. Stacey could be fucking a stable guy who isnt' a criminal but she made her choice.

You think that effects no one? DO you think marketers don't pick up on these trends? Do you think the culture doesn't go downhill over time?

anyway nice cope you have.
>>
>>39260304
"He who defends everything, defends nothing."
I'm not going to waste my life competing for the attention of women. If you want to run around in circles at the behest of the media, be my guest.
>>
>>39260349
you can't stop it either that's all any one with this cope is saying
>>
>>39260369
Stop what? The collapse of civilization? Getting married sure would prevent that, huh?
>>
>>39259841

Yeah, what of it? He's basically the father figure of the lost generation.
>>
>>39260514
He is a weak man. Idolize him and you will be weak too.
>>
>>39260369
I'm gonna stop it though don't worry I'll save the west. Wait 11-15 yrs and I'll be there
>>
>>39260565

Weak how exactly?
>>
>>39260592
Mentally frail. I don't mean physically weak.
>>
>>39260623

>150+ IQ
>studied the dangers of left/right extreme ideology for years to best understand how to stop it
>professor of psychology
>acting clinical psychologist for 20 years

Mentally weak, sure.
>>
>>39260623
that would be true if his lectures didnt at times directly deal with processing negative emotions and finding concrete meaning in your own life
>>
>>39260655
>starts crying because some journalist calls him far right
>>39260663
That's very vague.
>>
>>39260754

>having the integrity to speak up for himself when severely mislabelled by an intellectually weak SJW journalist.
>>
>>39260771
That's fine, but he started actually choking up and being on the verge to start crying.
He is not a stoic, that's for sure.
>>
>>39259841
A lot of young men's upbringing actively teaches them the opposite---be harmless, don't be threatening, don't be strong, don't be scary. Some people just need a kick in the pants.
>>
>>39260754
it might be vague but thats because what he touches on through his talks is the wide spectrum of human experience and his defining factor is the discussion of a good life holistically at the psychoanalytical level

I think the guy is doing fine, has an alright wife, job, kids wrote books, incredibly intelligent well into his elderly years. Makes alot of money of patreon. Literally just wants to get people classicly educated and one of the only people to tackle with the corruption of the arts by postmodernism which I have have personally seen.

Alot to respect honestly, he is living by his ideals
>>
>>39260754
These days you have to speak up against being labelled alt-right because once it's printed *anywhere*, whenever your name is mentioned you will forever be labelled as alt-right, and therefore ignored at best and probably much worse. This guilt-by-association thing is a powerful force.
>>
>>39260862
>has an alright wife, job, kids wrote books
Worthless.
>incredibly intelligent
Debatable.
>Makes alot of money of patreon.
Basically scamming people.
>Literally just wants to get people classicly educated
Nothing wrong with that, but that isn't all he is saying.
>>
>>39260936
you are a troll and I can prove it.
You leave no room for rebbutal,
I can debate you on his intelligence but you'll keep undermining me. Doesn't matter that he is popular or that he has taught at harvard thats irrelevant. He is in the top 3% of canadian population on income and intelligence. >negligable. He inspires millions
what a false prophet.
As much as I like playing wackamole I wont indulge you this time anon.
>>
>>39259629
He doesn't really fight against anything and his real-life impact is minimal. He is a textbook example of a pseido-intellectual.
>>
>>39261003
I don't give a flip about his intelligence. I just have never seen him be particularly intelligent.
What I am saying is that he's 1. weak. 2. wrong.
>>
>>39259154
Don't make fun of my substitute daddy!!
>>
>>39259778
so you're saying you are a womanchild
>>
>>39261479
No. Womanchild is gender specific to women.
>>
>>39261505
exactly so we call you manchild

why are you complaining?
>>
>>39261523
Okay mr passive agreesive weasel, I wasn't complaining. I was bringing up the point that Jordan is intellectually dishonest and doesn't want to alienate certain people by calling attention to the fact that women expect other people to support them.
>>
>>39261092
>"Frozen" is propaganda
lmao, did he say that? i gotta find this, i love it when people like molymeme go into long-ass rants about evil leftists ruining star wars and all that crap
>>
>>39261003
>I can debate you on his intelligence but you'll keep undermining me.

debate doesn't usually involve people completely agreeing with you.
>>
>>39261766
wow you just triggered my PTSD
thanks shitlord
>>
Talks like kermit
Cries all the time publicly- either to garner support (feminine, weak) or simply unable to domesticate his emotions (feminine, juvenile, weak)
Has admitted that he's a wreck kept together by anti depressants
Is not even intelligent enough to engage with the actually interesting modern philosophers like Land, but allows himself to lecture on philosophy (despite being purely psych in terms of his resume)

I'll give him 5/10, the only people who admire him are exceedingly unintelligent.
>>
>all this hate itt

when did we start housing tumblr on Thurs board
>>
>>39262143
When roasties started flocking to this board under the guise that they could be robots.

You know that they're roasties too because they do the thing that every roastie does which is attacking one small meaningless point instead of looking at the bigger picture.
>>
>>39262143
>>39262227
Ah yes, the tumblrerites. Famous for their hatred of women.
>>
>>39262258
The hatred is towards Peterson, not women.
>>
>>39262340
The whole discussion was about Peterson defending women and shaming 'manchildren'.
>>
>>39259154
So basically the same fate as Bishop Robert Barron?
>>
>>39261642
I'm not >>39261092 but i've seen a LOT of him and even though I don't think he said "propaganda" he really really hates Frozen to it's core.
>>
do you even fight dragons bro
>>
Yikes everybody in this thread needs to clean their fucken room
>>
>>39262672
clean THIS
*deconstructs logocentrism*
>>
>>39261008

>He talked at a senate hearing in opposition of Canadas bill C16.
>Is creating accredited, online education programs that could decentralize education from Universities and make it readily available and affordable.
>creates a ton of videos basically giving his University lectures away for free.

Alot more than what most "intellectuals" do (ie. write dense/ obtuse books that not many people give a shit about), also not to mention hes a fairly old guy.

go clean yr room buddy
>>
>>39262987
>deconstructs logocentrism
Where is the deconstruction?
>>
>>39263414
in my backyard ;3
>>
I don't get the love for him to be honest, his writing isn't good and his public speaking isn't really that erudite either. It honestly confuses me about why he's even idolized
>>
File: dE14o.png (482KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
dE14o.png
482KB, 640x960px
>>39262528
Dragons are strong
>>
>>39264074
IS THAT A SNAKE STRIPPER
>>
>>39260936
>makes money off donations of Patreon
>scamming people

Wew lad
>>
>>39263788
because he's internet dad

lots of young men with no father figure, even into their 20s
>>
>>39261008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIAAkSNtqo

wrong
>>
>>39261092

>graduated from literally the best psychology university in the world
>literally a professor at harvard
>some 2nd year philosophy student disagrees with one viewpoint (post modernism) and attempts to discredit his entire character and views solely because of that
boy am i laffin
>>
>>39265571
>someone attacks the cult leader
>better start smearing them, then he'll think twice about attacking the almighty one's reputation
>>
>>39261092
What can I do understand postmodernism?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.