[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything worse than having boomer parents? >be introvert

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: eda hvat.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
eda hvat.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
Is there anything worse than having boomer parents?

>be introvert during teenage years, get into programming and mathematics
>son,_you're_doing_the_computers!.wav
>parents ship me off to university because they think i'll be the next Torvalds or some shit
>use boomer mentality to make me pay for every penny of it, despite not receiving *any* financial aid because "muh discipline" and "muh when I was your age I worked a minimum wage job and paid for university"
>work my nuts off at a computer engineering degree, it's 140 credits jammed into 4 years, have to take 19 credits each semester
>for my fellow engineering fags you know that's a fucking ton of work
>swimming in debt from private student loans, now entering senior year and seriously doubting if I can even find the funds to finish school
>meanwhile boomer parents have bought two new cars and a new dog totally literally my debt amount during my time in school
>if I do manage to graduate it'll be by the skin of my teeth
>hardware jobs being taken by chinese and koreans, software being taken by pajeets and autistic liberal whites
>literally gonna be left $100k in debt with no job prospects because my parents are too disconnected with the modern world to realize that STEM no longer immediately equates to upper middle class life

I'm not even mad, I just... how can you be so far away from reality?
>>
>>39256619
>get into programming and mathematics
and that's your only fault
your own fault
>>
>>39256619
>use boomer mentality to make me pay for every penny of it, despite not receiving *any* financial aid
Went thru the same shit. Just wait until you have kids. Remember how your grandparents would watch you so your parents could work and have a life outside the house without breaking the bank on daycare? Well boomers don't do that shit. You'll be on your own when it comes to raising kids too.
>>
>>39256619
Boomers are pretty much sociopaths
>>
Fell for the same shit, pressured me into college, won't give me a dime but they spend money on useless shit, constantly remind me how I'll be paying back my loans. Just fuck off
>>
>>39256950
The worst part is, those who are genuinely successful at a university have rich parents. Every single time. They buy their kids a car, pay their bills, buy their groceries, and basically just eliminate all basal stress one would have, so their kid can focus on bettering themselves and getting the most out of their education.

It almost feels like children of boomers are just mistakes or something, it's a real bummer.
>>
it's only your fault, your parents are retarded but the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree i suppose
>>
>>39256950
>pressured me into college, won't give me a dime
i honestly don't understand you. how exactly did they pressure you?
>>
>>39257529
mom wouldnt let me go into the military, dad verbally harassed me daily until i finally applied for college
>>
>>39256619
>my mistakes are my parents fault
i worked a job through college and did engineering in 2009-2013. what's your excuse? that it's not "enough" you stupid spoiled faggot?

anyway, if debt is the only thing you are complaining about and the fact that you don't want to compete for jobs, then your "boomer" parents are actually just wealthy retards and you'll inherit their shit. you have 0 problems in life.
>>
>>39256619
Why did you let them push you into this, and then go along with it, day after day, for four years? Your points are valid because boomers don't get what it's like for young people in today's world, but ultimately, you made the decision to take boomer advice. I'm gonna say this one's on you man.
>>
>>39256997
you don't need to be rich to be free of that stress. plus that's the whole point of loans, dummy. i grew up poor but still partied for 4 years without having to worry about anything more than making friends and learning a few skills.
>>
File: 1501805882657.jpg (44KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501805882657.jpg
44KB, 396x385px
>>39256619
I think it's honestly settled at this point.
Boomers will be the first to hang on the day of the rope.
>>
>>39257569
Because I was promised an easy life post university through my parents' lens and your average 18 year old, myself included, doesn't know any better.
>>
>>39257674
how did mommy's little angel even go to university without having a mental breakdown? i'm guessing it was local?
>>
>>39257557
What type of engineering? Genuine question. Because I literally have class 8 AM to 8 PM five days a week. The little time I have left to work at a job definitely would not suffice to pay a university what they ask for (while maintaining hire-able grades).
>>
>>39257569
People, millennials and genz alike were barked at their entire fucking lives that unless they went to college they would be working at mcdonalds for the rest of their lives, that they'd be stuck in a factory job or that they'd be starving out in the streets. It's no fucking wonder why so many of them fell for the college meme.
But the painful truth is that not everyone is "made" for college, or smart enough to be there or even has the passion for a skill and etc. People just get a degree because they've been brainwashed into thinking that if they don't, they'll be poor forever.
Let's not even get started on fucking boomers who refuse to help their children at all during this whole process
>>
>>39257729
No, I go to uni 10 hour drive from home. Does the condescending tone make you feel good? Does blowing some guy out on the internet get you stiff?

"heh get fucked kiddo my life is AWESOME and yours SUCKS cause you're a PUSSY and WORK and strong thinks and DISCIPLINE and cold showers"
>>
>>39257738
>hire-able grades
nobody outside of government cares about grades. i did biomed.

60 hour class schedules would imply 120-180 hours of homework in my program lel. i can't help you if your program is dick. we studied engineering principles, not just how to test or listen to a lecture.
>>
>>39257800
>nobody outside of government cares about grades. i did biomed.
Tell that to every fucking schmuck hiring embedded systems developers asking for a 3.85. No wonder they can't find anyone.
>>
>>39257764
yours sucks because you only make decisions on what your parents say. even there you probably ignore what you don't like.
>>
>>39257819
show me what you're searching for on indeed or hired or wherever. if they are asking for grades it might be a fake ad.
>>
>>39257674
Fair enough man. Like I said, valid points. Just wanted to know the reasoning.

>>39257750
As an Australian, from my perspective, it seems you Yanks really have college jammed into your heads from a young age as though it's as you say - the be all, and end all. That's a terrible world view to push onto a developing child/teenager. Effectively scaring them into action based on ignorance.

Yeah OP, your parents definitely did you a disservice.
>>
>>39257877
it's not ignorant to expect higher outcome from higher education. what the fuck?

the problem is that kids aren't given life skills as a requirement. most education in general is structured ineffectively, but if a kid wants to learn he will learn. but if you don't have any curriculum to teach them how to deal with the real world then they fuck up more than they should outside of school. without a doubt, going to a school you can't afford because of prestige or it has more parties is your parents fault, maybe you shouldn't understand the financials at that point. but it doesn't take 4 years for a competent adult to see he's not making any real progress toward a career.
>>
>>39257934
>it's not ignorant to expect higher outcome from higher education

I did not say, suggest, or imply that...
>>
>>39258010
sure dude!

shrimp on the barbie
>>
>>39258035
>the college fag gets defensive

Honestly i love these threads. I get to sit on my phone making $20 an hour while i laugh at you retards who went to college and are now in crippling debt.
>>
>>39256619
go into networking and get a networking job.

good pay, and easy
>>
>>39258177
>good pay
negative
friend is a network """engineer""" and makes 35/hr. I made that much at one of my internships. Where I browsed reddit all day.
>>
>>39258035
Yes, I am sure also. I am glad we agree.
>>
>>39258176
The difference is, those who went to college will be making $50 an hour and pay off their debt relatively quickly. Meanwhile, you're stuck at (insert trade and/or monkey-tier IT job) making 20/hr forever.
>>
>>39258176
>20 an hour
?

in what country is 40k something to brag about? you could have easily lied and said 60 an hour. college or no college if you want a good job you'll need to get a loan to study that job. people who start businesses right after high school effectively borrow money to run their business. anyway people with degrees make like 10 times more than without over a lifetime.
>>
>>39256619
should've taken law
or just fucking moved out and away from that idiocy
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.