[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some atheists call the judeo-christian god "Skydaddy"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 12

File: fedora girl.jpg (94KB, 628x800px) Image search: [Google]
fedora girl.jpg
94KB, 628x800px
Why do some atheists call the judeo-christian god "Skydaddy"? When did this start? Do they have any idea how stupid the sound? It makes the rest of us (relatively ordinary) atheists look really bad, I wish they would stop.
>>
File: IMG_2893.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2893.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>ordinary atheists
>>
>>39247101
>Heavenly Father
>Heavenly
>Sky
>Father
>Daddy

It is an accurate description of God. That said, it's less reverent in tone than I would be comfortable using.
>>
>>39247101
>makes the rest of us

nice larping, christfag.

>hurr durr atheists amirite?
>>
>>39247130
Why did he use a graphing calculator though?
>>
File: 1503279883847s.jpg (15KB, 246x249px) Image search: [Google]
1503279883847s.jpg
15KB, 246x249px
>>39247101
>Agreed [tips]
>>
File: waifu 3.png (49KB, 166x284px) Image search: [Google]
waifu 3.png
49KB, 166x284px
Fedoras really do look better on girls. I think it was originally a hat for girls anyway.
>>
imma be my own skydaddy
>>
>>39247101
>judeo-christian
please stop using this meme

Athiests extremely often reject God because of problems with their own father. People project their feelings/attitude towards God and it's pretty consistently shown in research. If someone has a bad relationship with their father they will view God the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZKUofbrPg4
Video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o

On more general athiest psychological issues

Though for daddy abba, as Christ calls the Father is more closely translated to as daddy then father.

>>39247175
Not at all it reinforces the material idea that Christians acutally think he's just at some place in the sky or something. Some kooky modern ones might think that but it's been consistent for thousands of years that God isn't material and isn't inside the universe, it's a totally incoherent thing to even consider.

(The creator cannot be contained/limited by his creation which that would require)

>>39247188
Yeah they are totally logically incoherent and kind of sad

>>39248138
might be qt depending on the girl

>>39248569
this is how most modern people think yes
God, Truth, Logos however you look at it
People by pushing subjectivism want to be their own God, their feelings decide the nature of reality. It's most obvious with the gender thing of people thinking their feelings change their gender but it's more significant with ideas of subjective truth and morality. People view themselves as the authority to determine what is true and moral, while also saying everyone else can do the same. It's totally incoherent and impossible to even genuinely believe, you cannot act as if everyone's conception of Truth is genuine so the person just ends up an incoherent mess.

https://strangenotions.com/god-exists/

some basic arguments for the existence of God if anyone is curious
>>
I prefer to call "God" spaghetti monster
>>
>>39248746
Yeah it's a good image to use becuase the people who say it's ideas are is incoherent and jumbled as spaghetti
>>
>>39248676
>this is how most modern people think yes
>God, Truth, Logos however you look at it
>People by pushing subjectivism want to be their own God, their feelings decide the nature of reality. It's most obvious with the gender thing of people thinking their feelings change their gender but it's more significant with ideas of subjective truth and morality. People view themselves as the authority to determine what is true and moral, while also saying everyone else can do the same. It's totally incoherent and impossible to even genuinely believe, you cannot act as if everyone's conception of Truth is genuine so the person just ends up an incoherent mess.
>https://strangenotions.com/god-exists/
>some basic arguments for the existence of God if anyone is curious

how can god be real if reality is not
>>
File: 1503225019831.jpg (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503225019831.jpg
183KB, 640x640px
>caring whether or not god exists
Why? Are you such a cuck that you'd assume obedience to whatever might happen to be controlling or creating the universe? It doesn't matter if god is real, what matters is your attitude towards life and freedom. If you're an atheist but your actions depend on the nature of the universe, you might as well just be a theist in denial, because you assume deities to be important. The existence of a god or gods is meaningless anyway.
>>
File: big_hand.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
big_hand.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
Atheists are interested in mocking their opponents. Materialism/Naturalism has taken hold In Academia so atheists naively assume they're smarter than Spiritualists
>>
File: spock3.jpg (11KB, 283x340px) Image search: [Google]
spock3.jpg
11KB, 283x340px
>>39249361
>Atheists are interested in mocking their opponents. Materialism/Naturalism has taken hold In Academia so atheists naively assume they're smarter than Spiritualists

pic is for triggering purposes
>>
File: this kills the atheist.jpg (51KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the atheist.jpg
51KB, 400x261px
So, is being smug for a few years on earth really worth losing even a fraction of your chance at heaven? I mean, even if you're right, you get nothing. If you're wrong you get damned. but then if you're right you gain literally nothing.
>>
The better question is why have Christians obsessively linked fedoras with atheism as if somehow we're all supposed to start believing in god for fear of suffering the shame of being associated with nerd hats?
>>
>>39249549
I'm cool with eternal suffering though.
>>
>>39247101
>Judeo-Christian
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1500168643777.jpg (123KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500168643777.jpg
123KB, 500x400px
>>39249549
>wasting your time with Literal Spooks
>>
>>39249361
Nigga this is the same shit christians pull with the fedora shit and saying atheists are all degerates who're going to hell.
>>
>>39249549
If I'm wrong I wasted hours of my life in church for no reason when I could have been doing literally anything else. On top of this the chances of you picking the right religion is next to nothing.
>>
>>39249361
Is this what conservative americans really think?
>>
>>39249549
>Believing purely for statistical reasons

Enjoy hell, blasphemous heretic.
>>
>>39248676
Whoa there sonny!This isn't your Christian blog.
>>
File: goodnight.jpg (87KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
goodnight.jpg
87KB, 433x419px
>>39249972

Exactly, most atheists are just as dogmatic as the Christians they mock.
>>
>>39250198
That's not what dogmatic means
>>
>>39250220
Let him sleep, his brain must be tired from all that activity.
>>
>>39247101
Due to the popular depiction that originated in the 14th century as bearded old man, most prominently featured in the Sistine Chapel.
>>
File: radical centrism.jpg (28KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
radical centrism.jpg
28KB, 480x358px
>>39250198
I wish I could be as levelheaded and clear minded as you.
>>
>>39248676
>Everybody who doesn't follow my religion has psychological issues.

neck yourself christcuck
>>
Religiosity is organized schizophrenia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJM5mipwebw
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.