[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How goes it, champ? I've been thinking -- n-no champ, hear

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 20170823_010043.png (825KB, 1291x1333px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_010043.png
825KB, 1291x1333px
How goes it, champ? I've been thinking -- n-no champ, hear me out. I've been thinking, since you're always playing those army games and all, maybe what you'd really love is to... join the military! Think about it, buddy! A chance to see the world, make friends for life, become a stronger person all around... it'd be great! and it'd be the best way to get out of that shell of yours. Right-o, were going over to the training centre, asking to speak with the CO, giving him a firm handshake and telling him you want to fight for our country. Do some pushups and put on your best game face and hell see your potential and get you right in the action.
>>
I wish someone forced me into the army, right now I'm in this college limbo thing. I want it to work out but I don't know if it will.
>>
I am unironicaly joining the army in a few months. It is the perfect way for a middle-class American to move up in the world. And because I have repressed all my emotions into a searing hot ball of forced enthusiasm I will succeed in flying colors. Maybe even become a long army ranger. At least I hope.
>>
>diagnosed with adhd/depression at age 14
>forever blacklisted from joining the military due to this
I can only hope for a draft when ww3 happens
>>
>>39244591
>>39244660
funny you should say that lads. I've been thinking the same about both. I can definitely relate to the college limbo thing, though more so because my degree is useless. And yea I'm britbong but I saw a vid about marine corps basic yesterday and lots of the recruits looked like robots lol
>>
File: wwii pepe.png (257KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
wwii pepe.png
257KB, 768x768px
>tfw secretly somewhat hope for WWIII so I can do something to be proud of return home as a hero
>>
File: 1496649414764.jpg (55KB, 438x499px)
1496649414764.jpg
55KB, 438x499px
>>39244537
>tfw only childhood dream was joing my country's discount navy seal division
>"adsumus!" is their motto, which basically translates to "we're here!" as to give an permanent sense of readiness to protect and serve the nation
>fucking cool as fuck
>imagine myself getting top-notch but harsh training that uses all of my country's diverse biomes
>literally trained for every single possible combat zone
>hit 18 and hyped to start getting into the militar life
>both father and grandfather served the navy
>role models for the whole family
>ask father for little hand with getting in as he's already high patent
>"i didn't want to tell you this because i wanted you to choose your own path champ, but i was kinda hoping you'd follow the tradition. We've got the same blood so i'll help you out"
>his fucking eyes
>that's the happiest i've ever seen my dad, and boy did it feel good
>before signing up i had to do an checkup, naturally
>too phisicaly weak
>depressive
>anxiety
>even discovered i had asthma
>me and dad walk out completly demoralized
>TFW one and only thing that kept me going since childhood was destroyed
>TFW doomed to live unhappy with jobs
>TFW disappointed father once again

at this point i'm kinda hoping to get drafted into WW3, at least i can die by old man's side
>>
>>39244980
that's actually sad man. Chin up Bento
>>
File: handshakedadenlistsyou.png (641KB, 1018x560px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedadenlistsyou.png
641KB, 1018x560px
"Sergeant, this is my son I've been telling you about. Go ahead and shake his hand, Champ. But not until after he's had his coffee. You don't wanna disturb a man until he's had his coffee. Grown-up stuff, Champ. Anyway, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, my boy here needs a job. He's smart and talented but he needs a kick in the butt every now and again to get him goin'. You look awfully short-staffed 'round here. Think my boy can get a job 'round here, shooting Arabs and learning the trade?"
>>
>>39244537
>one more year until I ETS
thank jesus
>>
>>39244884
Same
Except im probably too undesirable even for the draft
And id probably just die
>>
>>39245388
DON'T WORRY ANON, I DO NOT DISCRIMINATE IN MY CORP, YOUR ALL EQUALLY WORTHLESS HERE.

I enjoyed this part of the movie the most.
>>
>>39245411
>tfw ETS'd back in 2014
>still have dreams I'm in my PTs or in my uniform talking to old buddies in my platoon.

Shit's wild but it fucking pisses me off to because holy fuck I'm done with that go away.
>>
>talked out of joining up because it doesnt pay well
>now in a job i dont like but it just barely pays the bills
>work away from home for weeks at a time

i shouldve fucking followed my heart.
id rather be doing something cool and have stories to tell afterwards rather than working in the middle of buttfuck nowhere for a few extra dollars, watching the best years of my life pass me by without any friends or love connections
>>
>tfw mental disorders so not allowed in
>>
>>39244537
but dad, i have asthma i don't think the handshake would be enough
>>
>>39246709
They won't let me in due to signs of schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder. Probably for the best, I'm dysfunctional enough I've never had friends. I got grilled to hell and back by my ex-military grandpa though.
>>
I've been thinking about enlisting in the army but I don't know if a robot could survive there and also I'm 24 so maybe I'm too old
>>
>>39246787
Definitely not too old, the limit's closer to 40 years off the top of my head. Dunno about a robot surviving though, less about the physical drills/drill sergeants screaming and more about the constant social anguish if you don't fit with the people you're stuck with. There are a lot of dumb assholes that join and make it worse than high school. Not to mention a typical robot suffers from lack of positive influences in their life, of which there is next to none in the military. Military is where you go to get your ass kicked into shape, and robots are typically kicked into the dirt already. I'd save it as a last resort, if said robot doesn't have mental issues barring them.
>>
>all these people wanting a war

It's all fun and games until you see people blown to pieces by mortar shells or your friend spilling his guts out next to you from a bullet.
>>
File: yujo friendship.png (589KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
yujo friendship.png
589KB, 400x580px
>You have to use this card against the manager, Champ.
>>
File: samurai.jpg (23KB, 290x324px)
samurai.jpg
23KB, 290x324px
>>39246953
It would be much better to have a change in your life than doing mundane shit over and over and over and over again
>>
Psyciatric issues preclude me from military service but thanks Dad.
>>
>>39246953
War is like 4chan on steroids. Gore everywhere, not a feminist in sight, and instead of gambling for good threads you gamble with your life.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.