[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dad asks me to check his computer to see why it's running

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Grrr.png (163KB, 489x287px) Image search: [Google]
Grrr.png
163KB, 489x287px
>Dad asks me to check his computer to see why it's running so slow
>it's full of viruses and adware, it's so damn slow I made myself some lunch while I was waiting for a new tab in internet explorer to open
>he tries to download all these free games and clicks on ads
>there's even a Trojan that made it so every program he tries downloading is deleted
>his search history is "free trip to island survey money"
>he actually believes this
>fix it all with Malwarebytes
>he tells me that he is going to call the "Microsoft company" just incase I "missed a few viruses"
>leave him be and he ends up calling some fake tech support center and almost gave them access to his computer

How ignorant are your boomer parents, anon?
>>
>>39244518
10-15 years ago they were fucking retards holy shit it was amazing.

My dad didn't know anything about private browsing or deleting the search history so he would just totally beat off at the family computer and his search history was like that of a 12 year old kid like "HOT NAKED WOMAN BOOB BREAST TOUCH"

Everytime that I used that computer and launched the web browser, the homepage would always be different, but it was always something like SEARCH-FASTER-FOR-FREE.COM and of course there was like 4 layers of toolbars at all times.

He's a bit better now but still weird, like he uses a wireless USB keyboard for his work laptop and one time he was screaming and panicking because he accidentally hit the Number Lock key and couldn't use the regular numbers at the top of the keyboard. He also leaves his laptops plugged in 24/7 which is going to kill the battery if it's not already dead. He doesn't understand that we have wi-fi so he tries to plug everything into the phone lines for no reason.

My mom is also pretty bad, she doesn't know that faceook and her e-mail account are two separate thing. She at least knows that there are scammers online and all URGENT BANK NOTICE SEND US YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO e-mails are scams. She also doesn't own a cell phone and doesn't understand how they work.

But if you look at my aunts and uncles, and even people older than them, they have smart phones and use them as good as anyone else, and they were surfing the world wide web internet back in like 1998 at public libraries no problem.
>>
>>39244518
>>How ignorant are your boomer parents, anon?
My parents aren't that smart but they're generally too lazy to do much damage. Firefox with uBlock Origin is enough. My aunt on the other hand still uses AOL in 2017. She's asked me more than once to come over and fix something with her machine. To which I've always replied that I charge $50 an hour, with a two-hour minimum payable up-front. This eventually had the intended effect, she got some other sucker she knows to be her tech support. One time she seemed to be thinking about actually paying me until I mentioned that she'd be signing a contract specifying the payment terms, that shut her right up.
>>
>>39244518
My Dad is redpilled as fuck so he doesn't use a computer, besides the one provided for him at work.
Of course they're heavily encrypted and secure so it makes it ridiculously easy to not fuck anything up.
>>
>>39244936
>My Dad is redpilled as fuck so he doesn't use a computer

That's not how you spell "retarded", although they are synonyms.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>39244936
>>39245170
kek, what would the redpill have been
>>
My parents are early 50's so aren't too dinosaurishly bad with computers. Typically they just use their smartphones for any online shit (same as myself) but they typically only use them at home with their Wi-Fi on as they have like 3 GB of data between them. Honestly my mom doesn't know dick about using a PC other than basic search engine stuff and my dad was actually surprisingly savvy with them up until the mid 00's for the most part. He wasn't ever about to be some l33t haxz0r but he could at least run decent antivirus shit amongst other programs and can recognize scam pop ups like a cognitively functional human should. Actually pretty sure my mom could too actually.
I attribute this to them jumping on the computer game somewhat earlier than most their age though as they both just so happened to both have highschool computer classes back in the 80's and typically always had their own since. This is pretty astonishing too considering them being poor as hell rural Midwestern types up until about 2007.
Also funny enough my dad can kick my (and most of my friends) asses in call of duty/battlefield despite only playing Vidya maybe a few times a week.
>>
>>39245170
80% of IQ is determined by genes
http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html?foxtrotcallback=true
>>
>>39244518
>router is 4 feet away from dad's bedroom
>he puts a fucking wifi extender in his bedroom which I originally set up so I can even connect to the damn router
>this stupid fucking extender fucks up the connectivity for everyone so I unplug it
>he gets assblasted and we get into a heated argument about the stupid thing
>reset the extender so it doesn't do anything and give it back to him, he never notices the difference
>>
>>39244936
>my dad is moronic as fuck
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.