[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in the theory of parallel universes, /r9k/? Perhaps

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: parallel worlds.jpg (160KB, 1263x633px) Image search: [Google]
parallel worlds.jpg
160KB, 1263x633px
Do you believe in the theory of parallel universes, /r9k/? Perhaps there is one out there where you succeeded and Chad is the one wallowing on this board
>>
No, because it is total nonsense.
>>
>>39239081
how so?

originalcommentajhbshbhfak
>>
>>39239114
If it is indeed a theory as you say. Tell me, what do this 'theory' explain?
>>
File: 0076 - zSrWB5G.jpg (9KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
0076 - zSrWB5G.jpg
9KB, 250x240px
>>39239148
it explains how in every parallel universe your virginity is a constant
>>
>>39239175
You don't explain how, you explain why. You describe how.
>>
>>39239148
It doesn't really explain anything, so much as it proposes something.
Lets' say that one day I was walking down a street and saw a stray dog. I ignore it and then the rest of that timeline (or universe) continues on until where we are at right now. However, what if I took the stray dog in as my own? Would that not change the course of the timeline? More of my money would go to the dog, I'd be out more with the dog, I'd have to avoid going on long trips so that the dog wouldn't be alone too long. Do you see? The universe changes due to that one different move and as such, 2 parallel universes are created. One in which I ignored the dog and one in which I took the dog in.
>>
>>39239209
>However, what if I took the stray dog in as my own? Would that not change the course of the timeline?
You did or you didn't. The only thing you are changing is your hypothetical example. That's why it's nonsense.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 720x718px
Would I still be me if I was chad?
>>
>>39239209
That's called the butterfly effect.
You should watch steinsgate in you're into anime. It covers exactly that.
>>
>>39239303
That is exactly the opposite of what happens in Steins gate, there are never two universes at any given time
>>
>>39239245
The hypothetical example is the theory though. It's to say that for every decision you make, there is an alternate universe in which you made a different decision.
>>
>>39239355
But there's no science behind it. It's absurd to believe anyone could create another universe by getting up five minutes later.
>>
>>39239355
Why would there be that? I could propose that deep in space lives a species of space rats, but that's not a theory, it's just fiction.
>>
>>39239384
>>39239388
It's just a theory. Nothing to prove it's true, nothing to prove it's not true. I just like to imagine that somewhere out there, there's a universe in which I'm living happily with a wife right now
>>
File: cam.png (204KB, 479x376px) Image search: [Google]
cam.png
204KB, 479x376px
>>39239388
>he thinks space rats are fake
>>
Causes of effects are just effects of prior causes. It was always too late.
>>
>>39239071
no

couldnt there be a universe where someone from another universe popped into our universe and said hi? couldnt you say a universe exists where someone from another universe posts in this thread right now and proves that they exist?
>>
>>39239071
Even if we did WHATS THE FUCKING POINT?

This is the reality we have to face.
>>
>>39239469
so if I clog the sink by shitting in it, that's an effect of what?
>>
>>39239485
Maybe they can't tell the difference? OP could be from a universe different from ours but how would we really know? Maybe in another universe, they ponder the same theory.
>>
>>39239596
not sure what you're saying

I'm saying that if there is a universe where ANYTHING happens that means there is a universe where someone proves the theory correct right (which hasn't happened therefore the theory isnt true)
>>
>>39239625
correct right now*
>>
>>39239625
hmm, l guess. It still won't hurt to dabble in fiction though. After all, the majority of the world is religious
>>
>>39239520
it's clogged because you shat in it
you shat in it because you're that kind of moron
you're that kind of moron perhaps because your parents failed spectacularly
>>
If any other parallel universes exist they aren't relevant since we can't interact with them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.