[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>First day of uni >"okay everyone split into groups

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

File: 1481463510734.png (84KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481463510734.png
84KB, 436x425px
>First day of uni
>"okay everyone split into groups of 4"
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK WHY DO THEY DO THIS????? AT UNIVERSITY NO LESS?????????????? JUST LET ME STUDY ON MY OWN YOU FUCKING FUCKS
>>
File: 1500210783282.png (336KB, 368x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500210783282.png
336KB, 368x600px
>"anon, why aren't you in a group yet?"
>>
They still do this shit in College?
>>
>>39237926
you get put into groups all the time for science and engineering courses. Either partners or group projects

I was even put into a group for an economics class. Also some group work to analyze some bullshit poems in an English Literature tutorial
>>
>"10% of your grade will be based on participation"

WHY CANT I JUST TAKE NOTES AND LISTEN TO LECTURE IN PEACE. FUCK
>>
File: 126458273456.png (133KB, 591x443px) Image search: [Google]
126458273456.png
133KB, 591x443px
Depends on what you're doing, a lot of classes are heavily based around working in groups and closely with people.

I don't know how I'm gonna make it in the film industry but I'll be happier to try and fail than not give it a go.
>>
>>39237761
>he doesnt just stay put until someone approaches him
>but what if no one
NOT YOUR PROBLEM
>>
>>39237964
lol all the serious courses (programming, medicine, math) at my uni was 75% brown or asian kids. All the party hard white kids and bros were in soft majors like history. I remember taking 18th century European philosophy and Middle Ages in Western Europe to fulfill distribution requirements (schools have these to make you "well rounded" when actually it's to ram anti-white bullshit down your throat, im not white btw) and it was literally the only two classes out of 20 courses I took that had a grade component based on attendance - 15% of the grade was based on you showing up to class, every kid had to sign their signature next to their student number on a sheet clipped to the prof's desk each class. No other course even took attendance. On one hand you couldn't skip, on the other it was 15% free marks for easy courses to start with.
>>
>>39237761
>within 10 seconds everyone else is in a group of 4 and you're standing there alone
>>
>>39237761
WHY DON'T YOU SPLIT US INTO GROUPS OF FOUR YOU LAZY HACK. IF THE NORMIES ARE WITH THEIR FRIENDS THEY WONT STUDY ANYWAY
>>
>>39238133
I was talking about those classes where you're forced to ask questions and are forced to answer questions from the professor for a grade. Attendance is never an issue for me but I have too much anxiety to force myself to say shit for 10% of my grade
>>
File: pool.jpg (19KB, 372x434px) Image search: [Google]
pool.jpg
19KB, 372x434px
>>39237761

>Actually unironically going to University

Enjoy your debt and being around Chad's and Stacy's 24/7
>>
>>39237959
And its fucking horrible because 3/4 of group will not do shit so you have to do a 10 page paper by yourself and let others take credit too. Group projects create cucks
>>
>>39237761
>Trying to get a computer science degree
>Okay class time to get into groups!
>No one wants to group up with me
>The ones that get forced into a group with me leave me out of the loop and never listen to my suggestions
>The ironic part is these normie fucks are the same ones who like saying "I'm a programmer and have no idea what I'm doing"
>>
File: 1502304744115.png (396KB, 653x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502304744115.png
396KB, 653x720px
I'll never understand the importance of forcing group work and cooperation. It's bullshit in my opinion.
If the professors/teachers want groups THAT fucking badly then they should just randomly set them up with the roster of names for the class they're given before class has started. It's not that fucking hard.
Plus I hate the cop out response "It teaches you to work in the real world." It's absolute bullshit, that's all it is. Well the students aren't in the "real world" yet, and they'll deal with that when they get there, but for now just focus on making it easier for them.
Most students I've worked with can't properly absorb the information in the class or utilize it when they're forced to work with people that they don't want to or if they're just naturally loners.

One of the WORST things I hated about my college days were forced group projects that required you to set up a time and meet up with these strangers outside of class time, whether you had work/other obligations or not.

I feel for you guys, I really do... I hated being the odd man out that the teacher had to put into a group themselves.
>>
>>39237964
> be math major at a Russian uni
> required course of Russian history
> "The point of this course is to teach you how to interact with the public, rather than to make you memorize historical facts. Participation, presentations and reports are encouraged."
> make 5 reports on some of the given topics within ten hours total over the course of several days
> didn't have to learn much the whole semester, just a quick preparation before each class, some basic info
> didn't have to take the exam, unlike all those public speaking anxiety fags
Participation is sometimes awesome, anon. Not sure how things are in murican colleges though.
>>
>>39238639
Is Russian an easy language? I am Hispanic and already speak English and Spanish
>>
>>39238305
Sounds like the normies in your class went to college right after junior high. Isolating omegas just because they are omegas is childish behavior. Or was it partially your fault?
>>
>>39237761
>look to your left or right
>"hey wanna be in a group?"
>9.5 times out of 10 the person doesn't give a shit and just wants to get the activity done so they agree
Wow so hard...
>>
>>39238792
This only works when you happen to be sitting near someone else who doesn't know anyone in the class. Sometimes everyone already knows someone else so they group up with people they know and you're left without a paddle.
>>
>>39238832

Yeah, and it always seems everyone in class knows everyone else but me.
>>
>>39238730
No, it's more difficult than Spanish and English combined IMHO. The grammar is a nightmare. On the bright side, Russian doesn't have articles. Not so bright for the Russians themselves, though. It's been six years since I started learning English, I still don't fully understand how to use them.
>>
>>39237964
Guess im getting a 90% this semester.
>>
>>39237984
good picture there lad, tired of seeing the normalfag one
>>
File: 1477654745505.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477654745505.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
>>39238792
I did this to a Stacy that sat next to me in my class. She agreed.
Didn't get anything out of it, but I did get to go to her house and meet at a Starbucks while I did all the work. Also got to see her bare feet a lot at her house.
We got a good score, but the presentation part of it sucked because she didn't give two shits.
>>
>>39238832
Maybe try getting to know your classmates? Like you know, by talking to them.
>>
File: 1490202140134.jpg (509KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490202140134.jpg
509KB, 900x900px
>>39238303
This happened to me last semester. People older than me did this shit.
>>
>>39238849
You still problems with the Russian grammar? Do you think it's worthy to learn it? How hard is to read Dostoyevsky in Russian?
>>
>>39238730
>russian
>easy
lol no.
the characters alone look like backwards moon runes.
>>
>>39238914
Again, this only works when people don't know anyone. When people know other people they prefer to converse with them rather than with a stranger. Butting into someone else's conversation never works out.
>>
File: 1493557723646.jpg (16KB, 357x379px) Image search: [Google]
1493557723646.jpg
16KB, 357x379px
>last year
>first day of being on campus
>mandatory social event at 9pm
>shitty music blasting on speakers which i was right next to almost the whole time
>forced interaction with normies for 2 whole hours
>physical contact was involved
>wasn't uncomfortable, just angry as hell
>ears were ringing by the end of it

This first night was my sign that I was going to hate it there. And I did. College was the worst experience of my life. I kept a journal and some of the things I wrote down I don't even remember thinking. I became incredibly bitter, socially inept, hateful, depressed, anxious, and was suicidal at times. I have a thing called misophonia where certain sounds cause a highly negative reaction. When I was young, it was just chewing that set me off. It slowly grew to include whistling, humming, and tapping. But by the end of the second semester, my triggers included talking, laughing, and sometimes even breathing. I couldn't go anywhere without headphones or else I'd go into a fit of rage or a panic attack. I will never go back to college.
>>
>>39238938
Not that anon but when you think it's pretty pointless to learn Russian. I'd rather learn Chinese.
>>
File: d62.png (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
d62.png
4KB, 250x250px
>>39238914
Why? This isn't high school, I'm coming to college to prepare for a fucking job not to make friends and have forced social interaction. At the age most people in college are this shit shouldn't be happening anymore, we're old enough to make our own decisions on our social lives and don't need the college to try and paddle us into their culture. I payed a shitload of money for college to learn skills, not to waste time on pointless projects and people I don't care about.

Shit is so retarded
>>
>>39238946
Lol no, you are exaggerating.
Russian alphabet is pretty simple and quite convenient. For example, we need only 4 letters to write "Borsch".
>>39238938
>>39239040
Learning Russian is a great experience. You will be able to understand any slav, almost everyone in Eastern Europe.
Try Duolingo course, it's free.
>>
>>39238938
>You still problems with the Russian grammar?
Not really, I'm a native speaker after all.
>Do you think it's worthy to learn it?
Unless you're interested in our culture, no.
>How hard is to read Dostoyevsky in Russian?
Fairly hard. He wrote in the literary Russian of the 19th century. Which means a lot of outdated words, idioms and even verb tenses.
>>
>>39238992
Shouldn't have blown the moment then. Still your fault.
>>
>>39239056
Well, I can't really defend this, I don't understand the point myself. You should asked the normies instead, they must know something that we don't about the importance of forced social interactions. The world, and the education system in particular, is 100% normie-oriented after all.
>>
>>39238946
>the characters alone look like backwards moon runes.
Nigger, the alphabet is just 33 letters, and the reading rules are nearly straightforward.
"Laughter" / "slaughter", "corps" / "corpse", we don't have this kind of problems in Russian.
>>
>>39239448
>"to prepare you for teamwork at the job!"
right, because if college doesn't prepare after 3 years of middle school + 4 years of high school forcing this i won't know how to possibly interact with other human beings at work

>"to get a sense of community and school spirit!"
so forced indoctrination

>"to explore your personality and social fitting!"
ok but i applied to learn skills, not get social therapy that i can't unsubscribe from and will impact my ability to learn if i refuse
>>
>>39238233
>Chad ' s
>Stacy ' s
neck yourself
>>
This is the reason I ended up abandoning tech school. It was making me have panic attacks.

At least I paled in comparison to the turbo autist with the anime shirt.
>>
The reason why profs do this is because it's easier for them to grade group projects. If there are 30 students in a single class, that's 30 individual projects they'd have to grade as opposed to 6 if they group them into groups of 5.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.