[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are there people that can't cry? How does it get to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: 1503336559464.jpg (18KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
1503336559464.jpg
18KB, 600x238px
How are there people that can't cry?

How does it get to that stage?

how do i get there?[/spolier]
>>
>>39235929
Whenever I feel like I want to cry that feeling immediately just becomes complete resignation and ends up with me laying in bed staring into nothing. So basically I think it just depends on the person
>>
>>39235929
acceptance of life being trash is how you don't cry
>>
>>39235929
Crying feels good and is alpha
>>
File: 1489881847796.jpg (121KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1489881847796.jpg
121KB, 680x1020px
I dunno, man. I guess forced restraint?
I didn't cry at my mother's funeral, though depression hit me like a brick in the face.
I didn't cry when I had to see her lifeless body in the morgue.
My uncle had to lie about my shedding a tear or two otherwise my father would have sent me to a therapist.
My eyes get all teary but nothing comes out anymore.
>>
>>39235929
I just don't care anymore, sure I get really depressed/sad and think about easiest way to kill myself sometimes but then I think that waisting my time on that is pointless and proceed to think about my waifu

I've been tear free for about 10-11 years
>>
>>39235929
Crying feels real good but i honestly can't remember the last time i did
Infact when bad things happen my face almost forces into a smirk, which i really dont want to happen because it looks real insensitive and rude
>>
>>39236655
I'm not even depressed, I don't think. I just don't cry often and feel really lifeless in general. I cut myself off from my friends a few months ago when i realized i don't even like them or have anything in common with them
>>
i flipped some internal switch around puberty after i came to the decision that showing signs of weakness/or caring was something i didn't want to give the world.

Biggest mistake of my life. It resulted in me becoming emotional numb to everything and now i have to just act out the emotions or create it. it hit me hardest when i couldn't internally feel anything and had to fain what i thought i should be doing to everyone around me.

Hits me the hardest because i remember those emotions and what it used to feel like to have that release. Now i'v just become a husk floating about amongst the populace.
>>
File: 1496302058179.jpg (287KB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1496302058179.jpg
287KB, 788x872px
>>39235929
I dont ever cry even on hormones now.
I self injure or hit myself usually.
Im so good at appearing normal that I passed both checks for disability.
I'm so incredibly fucked up that I cant stop pretending not being fucked up.

I just put on this fake fucking smile and answer everything with positive statements.
"I'm good."
"I'm struggling but I'm okay."
etc etc
and everyone thinks I'm fine

I don't want to be seen as weak.
I fucked up my life.
My life is fucked up.
I basically have nothing left.
But theres no point in dying cause it doesnt matter. Nothing matters.
>>
>>39236785
I'm similar, I just want someone to realize how i feel, but I cant tell anyone because it feels like i'm being a whiny little faggot and they'll just hate me. So i just reply positively most of the time
>>
>>39236785
>I dont ever cry even on hormones now.

stopped reading right there
kys
>>
>>39236851
woah howd you get past the filter with that dank shit
>>
I don't know, I haven't cried in a decade
>>
>>39236851
This
If you're a trap then please stop before you end up cutting your dick off
>>
>>39235929
I feel very sad, sometimes. At some point I even felt terrible. Really, really fucking sad. Depressed shit I had never felt before in my life. I looked sad. I looked down. But I didn't cry.

I never shed one tear since I was a kid. I always considered it childish. Maybe my body just doesn't react well, or I considered myself so childish back then it magically stopped.
>>
>>39236888
im the one who started the whole axe wound thing
not gonna happen
>>
>>39235929
Not even death makes me cry. Everytime something terrible happens I just get a lifeless look on my face and for some reason a really weird crying-smirk and most people often take offense on that, so I try to keep to a minimum the number of funerals I go to. Been like this since I was 9
>>
>>39235929
It's normal when you don't have emotions.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>39235929
Trust me yo do not want to get to that point. Letting out your emotions is good for you and when you feel so fucking sad and want to let out your emotions but can't because for some reason because you've built a tolerance for bullshit and your brain doesn't allow you to cry is the weirdest and worst feeling there is. But you can't express that feeling because you're numb to everything. It's like you experience emotional pain but you're brain has numbed your emotions so you feel it slightly but not enough to trigger a response like crying, or anger, or in my case happiness. Please don't let it get to that point anon.
>>
>tfw haven't cried since I was older than 6 years old

I wish I remembered what it felt like. supposedly it feels good to get that kind of "release" but like this post describes >>39237005 having that tolerane just means things sit there

for me its manifested in deep seated anger, which for me has been a good motivator to be successful so that I can ruin the life of anyone I find deserving to achieve some catharsis
>>
>>39237005
Maybe don't fake cry next time while trying to be a "therapist" anon. It was obvious from the jump. Be yourself, don't pretend to care. You still lose trying to deny something that we both know is true. Have you guys ever tried to read your own body language?
>>
>>39237177
What exactly are you talking about? What was obvious? What am I trying to deny?

I'm actually not even joking I was just explaining what it feels like to be emotionally numb but I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>39237314
I don't know what I'm talking about either xD
>>
originallllyyy bumping
>>
>Second day at school
>Stacey whines and cries in Stacie's shoulder because "the others aren't as extroverted as me :'("
>She's in the fucking music class (AKA the nerd class)
>>
can't remember the last time i felt like i want to cry lmao. i usually just feel exhausted not sad or anything.
>>
File: 1502036255318.jpg (242KB, 1036x951px) Image search: [Google]
1502036255318.jpg
242KB, 1036x951px
>haven't cried in years
>at best, just get misty eyed
>>
>>39235929
I can start sobbing at best, I am just unable to fucking cry unless I feel like my life just completely went down the shitter due to some event
>>
File: 1496980369834.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496980369834.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>39236498
it's literally the opposite anon. my PTSD keeps me from crying.
>>
I haven't cried since I was a kid. It's not emotional resignation or anything, I don't know why I can't. I came really close when a friend of mine killed herself, I got choked up when a friend was trying to help me through it, but nothing came of it. I really don't know why.
>>
File: 1491510781492.png (66KB, 518x659px) Image search: [Google]
1491510781492.png
66KB, 518x659px
>>39235929
>can only shed silent tears with blank facial expression
>have to make an effort to cry like a normal person
It's just like my japanese animes.
>>
>>39238189
Where is your caption from?
I know a fucking 43 minutes passed but answer this god darn post
>>
File: 1503415596279.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1503415596279.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
>>39235929
Effexor, 225 mg. Used to cry everyday over my oneitis. Haven't shed a tear in months.
>>
I cry when I think about negative things in my life. It eventually overwhelms me. Certain events can bring about these thoughts, which lead to the latter.

After that, it's staring at my wall and contemplating my lot in life.
>>
>>39235929
the realisation that crying is useles
>>
I cry at least once a day now. It'd be nice to give it a break for a while.
>>
>>39235929
Last time I cried I was in solitary confinement in a adult detention center they don't call a jail definitely wasn't prison still sucked being licked up for 23 hrs a day for nearly 2 weeks last time before that sometime in 1994-1995
>>
>>39235929
Well I ingest a shit ton of acetaminophen and it completely wipes out my empathy.
>>
basically when confronted with a realization of how bad things are your mind searching for a way to escape the emotional pain and you cry as an outlet.

when you stop crying you have no outlet

it is essentially I have no mouth yet I must scream
>>
>>39238978
Do some research anon, crying releases stress from the body
>>
>>39239276
Shooting big loads of shit from your ass does too
>>
File: 1502897968325.jpg (71KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1502897968325.jpg
71KB, 500x667px
>>39235929
I stopped crying when I bought my helium tank 4 years ago, every time I get really sad I think about my helium tank and I feel a little better
>>
>>39235929
i overheard my mom lying to a younger kid that i didn't cry in years or so when i was like 10 or so, i don't remember that well. i actually cried all the time because of everything. i realized she was ashamed of me and fought the urge to cry ever since alongside my other emotions. ended up being unable to cry even if i wanted to because i was just empty emotionwise. then i visited a shrink and tried to figure myself out and now i'm back to crying every 5 minutes because i hate life. idk which state is better desu.
>>
My grandpa died last week holding my hand. i felt nothing and internally rejoiced. He was a manipulative motherfucker who insulted my mom everytime she went there, alienated us and paid attention to other grandchildren, and when the old fucking faggot is on deathbed he wants me to forget everything. Well fuck that faggot I can't forget my mother and father crying because of that old faggot. We did everything for him. My father bought him his medicines, gave him money, supported him with everything, and that old faggot used him and his generosity. Till the end he made it so that my uncles and father fight with each other for inheritance. Made me realise how horrible people are. My father still mourns, my uncles don't care about anything but inheritance.
So, the answer to your question is that crying is relative I believe. I'd be devastated if my mother dies/father dies, but not so much if my brother dies. i wouldn't even blink if my "friends" die, because they're normalfag backstabbing faggots . That and when I finished highschool 7 years ago, due to some fag ass incident after crying a lot I promised myself that I'll never cry. Now I certainly get emotional when I read manga and see a vanilla story about a loving girl and then realising real women like these do not exist nor would one love me as genuinely, I start to tear up sometimes. It's kinda weak but eh.
>>
>>39235929
pretty sure I can't cry because I've been bottling up my feelings since very young age
>>
>>39236498
this for meafter all the years that ive spent in my room like this you jsut come to terms that this is the only way your life will ever be and the misery is still there but tears never come anymore. even in unrelated things like if someone died in a manga precious to me i couldnt cry.
>>39238267

must be different for different ppl then
>>
>>39238897
the image is from Inuyashiki if that's what you're asking
>>
IDK when it happened. It's just that either I start to tear up but can't bring myself/allow myself to continue or else I'll be a beta cuck, or my mind focuses on something else before I start crying. After a lot of that it just becomes natural and you just start to not care enough to cry. You just sit and think and be depressed.
>>
>>39237177
What was he trying to deny?

oriririg
>>
i never cry over anything anymore except cheesy movie scenes
>>
Having emptiness instead of emotions
>>
I think it has to do with a great deal of self awareness, crying is like a vent when something feels so terrible that you basically lose yourself. Whenever I am about to cry I just sorta suppress whatever is making me feel bad and instead get super depressed. I miss being able to cry, but my desire to cry is also the very thing keeping me from doing so. Kinda like tryna force a sneeze
>>
>>39235929

I miss crying. It's amazingly cathartic. If I feel close I'll try to give into it but so far nothing gets me there anymore.
>>
File: hijak unapproving.jpg (85KB, 903x714px) Image search: [Google]
hijak unapproving.jpg
85KB, 903x714px
>>39236747
Looks like you've become a sociopath during your early adulthood.

Welcome to the club. It isn't happy, but you can have lots of fun.
>>
File: IMG_1133.jpg (133KB, 500x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1133.jpg
133KB, 500x948px
>>39235929
You don't want to get there.
I've been there ever since early adolescence, essentially like >>39236747 described.
It's not fun. I wish I could still feel sadness and happiness. I only ever feel empty, angry, or worried.
>>
>>39235929
I think while being desensitized in a big factor, I guess it really depends on you as a person and how emotive you are.

A guy I know with the worst life story and suffering from PTSD still cried in front of me.
>>
>>39240528
>Inuyashiki
Thanks, mango
>>
>>39235929
When you start crying choke it down on the throats before it gets anywhere near your eyes. Works for me, haven't cried since elementary school
>>
>>39243021
What.

Origggnal
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.