[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a motion graphics designer. I want to start a youtube channel.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1483869892152.jpg (54KB, 417x467px)
1483869892152.jpg
54KB, 417x467px
Im a motion graphics designer. I want to start a youtube channel. I can make anything. Please gib ideas i need to make money im poorfag. Thanks bros.
>>
Don't do youtube for money. I have multiple videos with over 30,000 views, and a little over 1500 subs. I don't make shit.
>>
>>39235031

why? isnt it 5 dollar per 1000 views? also whats your content?
>>
>>39235048
>isn't it 5 dollar per 1000 views
kek. Fuck no it isn't. Youtube ad revenue depends on so much. Are people adblocking your shit?(99% have ADP or Ublock origin on) Are they using youtube red? Are the clicking the ads? Skipping the ads? A lot of shit goes into the algorithm.

I make gaming content for a very popular game. It kinda fucked me because if I don't make content related to that game I don't get any views. Feelsbadman.
>>
>>39234918
Just do practice pieces and upload them
>>
>>39235099

how much have you made so far? whats your total views?
>>
>>39235048
>he fell for the youtube money meme
You can start making different kind of videos and see which one gets more views then stick to that kind of video
>>
>>39234918
make disgusting shit and make a website. make people pay for viewing.
>>
>>39235123

i already have a channel with clickbait titles like

>YOUR MOTHER DIES IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT IF YOU DONT WATCH THIS

or

>YOU WILL GO BALD IF YOU DONT WATCH THIS

but i only got 1k views for the first one
>>
File: 1451023749224.png (220KB, 327x282px) Image search: [Google]
1451023749224.png
220KB, 327x282px
>>39235122
You need to make at least $100 for youtube(google adsense) to pay you. I have a little over 300k views after being active for about 4 months
>>
>>39235170

wow 300k views? you didnt say how much you made with 300k views. please do tell.
>>
File: kek.png (4KB, 224x194px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
4KB, 224x194px
>>39235207
I haven't made a dime nigga. Unless you literally have all day to do this shit you will not make money. I only upload to have memories of these years because I hate them. I don't take any pictures or anything. My videos are the only records of my existence between the ages of 18-23
>>
>>39235288

holy shit. maybe your makings are low because of your content that is gaming? i heard it also depends on the topic of your videos. thats insane you have 300k views and onlu made 80 bux. wtf?
>>
>>39234918
make cartoons for little kids, that's where all the money is at
>>
>>39235332
>holy shit. maybe your makings are low because of your content that is gaming?
The biggest channel on youtube is gaming. That isn't the problem.
>I heard it also depends on the topic of your videos.
True, but I did a great deal of research on what type of videos to make. That is why I was able to gain my 1500 subs pretty quickly.

I also pride my self on my editing which I feel puts me over the top of the average youtubers. The problem is I don't have all day to just keep pumping out videos. It also didn't help that other youtubers copied a series I started, and to this day pump out low quality videos nonstop which oversaturated the market.

Keep in mind the game I did this video on has been out for years and not a single person did the videos I did. Everyone else copied, and because they have a higher subscriber base I get cucked with the views.

This is why paetreon is the best way honestly. If you can get your fans to actually support you even if its only 1 dollar a month it pays a fuckton more than anybody watching your videos 100 times.

Youtube is bullshit, and doesn't actually reward good content creators. For example, I think the best anime reviewing channel is BobSamurai he has around 60k+ subs, but since he doesn't talk about new anime all the time he isn't that popular. However, his content blows any other anime youtuber the fuck out. Sad when the people who put the most work in don't get rewarded.
>>
If you just want to make money just make dumb nostalgic shit, or like outrun cyberpunk stuff. Make stuff that looks like it fits in various comic and movie universes. You can be creative and avoid takedown notices or hassles from companies if you just make up your own shit. Like a soft drink logo that looks like it belongs in the robocop movies, or like a game show intro that looks like something from the running man, or smash tv, a prescription drug commercial from judge dread, dehydrated waffles from the aliens franchise or something. All that kind of shit lends itself really well to hashtags, and getting shared around on social media. Get a nice chunk of content and then start releasing it once you get to a point that you can release new content regularly. Ideally you want something new everyday, but twice a week would be good. Get a nice name, something easy to remember, make sure you can grab the web domain, youtube channel name, and all other social media accounts. Put stuff out on all the social media platforms regularly. Twitter, reddit, tumblr, instagram, snapchat, everything you can think of and don't expect much initially. As for interacting with people online, be engaged and approachable, respond to positive comments, and ignore negative ones, don't even dignify them with a response. Anything you say online eventually becomes a profile of your character, if you engage with people leaving negative comments even if you're in the right they'll come back with "the artist is just a butt hurt loser who can't handle constructive criticism" "the artist is so desperate for attention that they have to argue with people online who think they suck", eventually those comments start to taint otherwise neutral people. All you want to do is release stuff and get views and shares, when you post things blast it out everywhere and make you you tag things appropriately and speak in a sort of nice phone voice, be positive and nice.
>>
>>39235589
ran out of space, but basically the main pay day here is that you build an online presence get a lot of buzz and eventually actual companies will approach you to make shit for them that you can tweet out and they can retweet. Before that happens a lot of flakey losers will approach you about making free shit for their youtube channel, or band, or website or whatever. Use you discretion and don't do anything that makes you look band or associate with shitty flakey things. Like if a band with a lot of followers and an upcoming tour wants you to do something, that's different than some band with 50 plays, infrequent social media posts and no upcoming releases or tours planned.
>>
>>39234918
hi im a youtuber.
youtube is dead.
livestream is the only way to make money and patreon.

Everything else is getting removed due to not being ad-friendly.
Anything with guns in it for example from overwatch, to cod, to halo is now not advertiser friendly and will not be monetized.

So its livestreams or rated G content.
>>
>>39234918
If you want to make money from youtube, start a channel with different types of animals doing all kind of dance moves. Put some catchy songs under it and let the cash flow in.
>>
>>39236598
Motion graphics are about as ad friendly as you can get because you're literally showing people "look I can make flashy 10 second text and image artwork, just like an ad".

Youtube is dead because everyone wants to make money by pointing a camera at shit they were going to do anyway.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.