[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw people blindly believe the theory of evolution, even though

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1475079864580.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475079864580.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
tfw people blindly believe the theory of evolution, even though it has not been proved, yet make fun of religious people..
>>
File: IMG_2440.jpg (27KB, 333x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2440.jpg
27KB, 333x367px
It's a lot more believeable than some magic old man who said "yeah okay" and made stuff out of nowhere
>>
>>39233524
Seriously, go fuck yourself. The theory of evolution simply makes sense. It's pretty much been proven, all it takes is a little bit of time and genetics. I personally see no reason why this nixes the concept of religion, just changes it up a bit.
>>
>>39233524

And here you have me, who doesn't believe in anything but myself. Knowing the evolutionary theory only matters if you live more than 100 years, which the overwhelming majority of us will.

In my opinion, origin theories have zero practical application, unless you're some sort of ecosystem engineer, or under direct threat from a deity.

I cannot comprehend the value of anything unless it is practical, dangerous or brings direct, guaranteed satisfaction to me. Arguments about origin theories are as useful as eating cardboard.
>>
>>39233524
Go research flat earth.
>>
Religious people also make fun of each other. Whatever you believe is true, and everyone else is stupid.
>implying other people are real
>>
>>39233618
Yo, anon, you want to start another one of those flat earth b8 threads? I don't got a pack but give me time and date and I'll help you bump and argue.
>>
>>39233601
The edgiest edgelord from edgeville guys lmao
>>
Nothing can be proven.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchhausen_trilemma
>>
>>39233667

Don't brand something a piece of shit just because it got a little bit of edge in it.
>>
The theory.of evolution is an adapt to explain how we came to exist based on evidence of previous animals that existed their body structures and DNA similarities. It is only a theory because and can't be objectively proven as truth but it is the best we got. Religion however only explains our origin and expects us to believe fantasy stories because 'hurp durp the sky is blue so God must be real". The theory of evolution may not be correct but I'll trust in that far more than some book that can't be proven
>>
File: asdf.jpg (210KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
210KB, 640x360px
The ancestor of this thing was a domesticated pig

how can you deny evolution when we have examples of it?

>b-b-but thats micro evolution

Micro and macro evolution are the same fucking thing, if you keep changing something little by little eventually it will be completely different from where it started
>>
>>39233524

It makes sense. Evolution is the current scientific consensus and no-one has yet to disprove it. Saying "It's just a theory" is retarded as actual scientific theories have strong basis (gravity is also a theory, by the way.)

>Dogs came from domesticated wolfs, and the cuter ones thrived as humans gave them more food and protection
>The giraffe had a short neck, and then there was a mutation the caused the birth of a long-neck giraffe so that giraffe ate more and got to live longer and procreate more and the other short-neck giraffes went extinct while the long-neck offspring survived and thrived

Also even if evolution was false religious people are still hugely retarded and normie.
>>
>>39234193
There's also the issue of antibiotic resistant bacteria, which will probably fuck us up soon if we're not careful.
>>
File: IMG_2970.jpg (972KB, 809x2552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2970.jpg
972KB, 809x2552px
The noble ash tree is our true ancestor.
>>
>>39234265
so if evolution is real, what caused evolution. you cant say it was just nothing
>>
Is there any legitimate alternate theories to evolution, or is the only opposition to the theory of evolution just "LOL GOD DID IT"?
>>
i literally wrote evolution algorithms
>>
>>39234298
Decrease in entropy
>>
>>39234298

This thread was about evolution, but I see you're trying to make it about god. Here's the answer.

What makes more sense to you:

>God came from nothing and created everything
or
>Everything came from nothing

One way or the other the universe had to come from nothing. Adding god is an illogical step as he is a very complex being. It makes more sense that the universe began from something simple and evolved with time.
>>
>>39234358
your opinion is wrong as i was not trying to make it about god. this whole world makes no sense to me so it baffles me as to think my whole existence and everything around it is based on luck than anything else. why not just go on a killing spree if thats the case? everything is meaningless obviously
>>
>>39234358

>Muh universe had no beginning, it just appeared out of nowhere and started evolving without any interference.

That's not science. That's "magic".
>>
Evolution has been proven. It's described as a theory in scientific language and not a law because a law has to be a universal constant, whereas evolution is a process, but that doesn't make it unsubstantiated, it just makes you stupid because you can't understand the difference in context between the term 'theory' in layman's terms and 'theory' in scientific terms.
>>
>>39234193
>The ancestor of this thing was a domesticated pig
Eh, are you dumb or something?
>>
>>39234403

It didn't appear outta nowhere. It began simple and evolved.

Makes more sense then

>Muh universe came from an all-powerful being that came to be just like that from and didn't evolve it was just there

>>39234398
Nihilism is the final redpill. Nothing actually matters, speaking on a large scale.
>>
>>everyone_who_responded_to_this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwipdk6-_NY
>>
>>39233601
Are you fucking stupid?
You don't see the practicalities of understanding how life/the universe began? How about for terraforming planets, or genetically engineering plants and life forms to help with medicine or fuck knows what else?
>>
>>39234403
>Muh god had no beginning, it just appeared out of nowhere and started creating everything
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.