[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you Yanky Doodle Dandelions explain something for me I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9153.gif (5KB, 250x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9153.gif
5KB, 250x199px
Can you Yanky Doodle Dandelions explain something for me

I watched a couple of Americans eating lunch today at work (community centre with a community hot lunch) and it was like

>Cut up food with knife in right hand, fork in left
>Put the knife down
>Switch fork from left to right hand
>Eat food

Now, was this couple super weird or is this literally how you guys eat all the time?
>>
>>39232990
They have proper table manners, take note
>>
>>39232990
Depends if you're right or left handed.
You hold the knife in your dominant hand to cut easier, and the fork in the non dominant hand to hold the food in place.
After you're done, you use your dominant hand to eat, so you switch the fork.

Is this really that weird? That's how my parents taught me to eat.
>>
>>39233012
Why don't you just

Use the hand already holding the fork
>>
>>39232990
Americans are an infantile people, so they tend to never properly grow up, instead choosing to cut their steak into little squares and eating them one by one, as Mommy did for them before they were allowed to use knives themselves.
Just look around this board, full of manchildren. 90% Americans.
>>
Americans should not be allowed to breath. Sickens me to think I might inhale air that has touched yank lung.
>>
>>39232990
Apparently that's a super normal American thing. I'm American, and growing up my Dad would always try and get me to switch hands after cutting something, but it didn't make any sense to me so it never caught on. Only just found out recently that's supposedly "European style", but it just makes sense.
>>
>>39233012
why don't you just eat the food with the fork already in your non-dominant hand?
>>
>>39232990
I do this all the time, I'm European.
Why would i keep holding the knife if ive already cut up enough? Why would i keep holding the fork in my left hand if I'm right handed?
>>
>>39232990
Yes, most of us eat like that all the time. Surprised you noticed it, most foreigners never see any difference. Weird part is, if you explain this to your countrymen, they might not believe you.
>>
>>39232990
Uhhh you limeys seem to be really obsessed with Americans.
>>
Anyone else here use the knife, fork spoon and spork all in the same hand?
>>
>>39233592
yea never mind the cuckness the kabobs are doing to them.
this is more important
>>
File: ritsu46.jpg (36KB, 342x456px) Image search: [Google]
ritsu46.jpg
36KB, 342x456px
>>39232990
I want to say 70% of Americans do this. Being a burgerstani myself, i have noticed this firsthand and have been known to do it myself.
Part of it is an etiquette thing, at least my family treated it that way, not keeping both your arms on the table where you take up space or would rest your elbows on the table. It is also a convenience thing, my non-dominant hand is less quick when it comes to manipulating utensils, and while practicing would probably fix the dexterity problem, its easier just to do the switch hand thing.
Oh, and I've noticed that Americans from New England or the Pacific Northwest don't do this with the same frequency as other Americans, may just be a cultural thing, but i dont know
>>
>>39233474
>>39233237
It's easier to do things with your dominant hand.
That's why it's your dominant hand?
>>
>>39233518
This guy gets it
origami
>>
>>39232990
Can euros explain something to me?

I was watching a couple European women eat lunch today and every time they went to take a bite, they lifted their burqa with their right hand, and ate the food with their left (no utensil). I found it odd, considering in euro/Muslim culture the left hand is used for shitting and wiping.
>>
>>39234002
europeans are scat fetishists, their love of eating shit is well known
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.