[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the biggest secret of the universe. The reddest of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: you_only_live_forever.png (230KB, 881x468px) Image search: [Google]
you_only_live_forever.png
230KB, 881x468px
Here's the biggest secret of the universe. The reddest of red-pills. The ultimate knowledge of the sages. The ultimate conclusion to philosophical debate:

Life isn't worth living

Buddhists know this. This is why their ultimate goal is to eradicate themselves from existence and cease the endless cycle of suffering within reincarnation. Heaven realms and hell realms are both very real, but temporary heaven is not worth going through the many layers of hell. Suicide is not the solution either, that will only take you to a lower hell realm than this one.
>>
>>39232460
This feels like an incomplete thought.
>>
>>39232491
It's very simple. Realms of heaven and hell exist. We're in a realm right in the middle of the two, and look how hard it is here. Imagine the worst torment you possibly can, now understand that such a terrifying thought is just an image, and the reality is a millionfold worse, and far beyond the image you imagined.
>>
>>39232460
So according to your pic related we will be born again after we die?
>>
>>39232637
After the afterlife intermediary stage, yes. The vast majority of us have been coming back to earth for thousands of years. Nothing is likely to change here, it's designed this way, and yet it's going to get far worse in the near future. We're reaping the consequences of our negative karma.
>>
>>39232680
Fuck. I guess Buddhism is the final redpill
>>
>>39232460
Where do you learn this? I had a slimier revelation myself.
>>
>>39232460
all things considered you may be rite.
>>
>>39232714
It has to be. We live in extreme denial about our ultimate situation - that life is primarily hell. The Buddha said something along the lines of this planet or realm being the best place to achieve enlightenment, because we have the most balanced proportions of darkness and light in this place. In real hell realms, it gradually becomes impossible to practise Buddhism. In heaven realms, the desire to do so dissipates.
>>
>>39232747
Years of pondering, reading, and dot connecting all of it together. We only begin to get the full picture when we connect a wide variety of dots, which eventually guides you to the greatest truths.
>>
>>39232780
How can I escape this cycle? Is the eight fold path the solution to this?
>>
>>39232882
I'm still getting into Buddhism, but yes, basically all of the main principles Buddha teaches. He doesn't put it this way, but the goal is to cosmically kill yourself for all eternity. The good news is that as you reach this stage your life will gradually become heaven on earth. But you have to be willing to gradually let go of all the many distortions and addictions of your mind. As you start to reach enlightenment, your ego (sense of "I") dissolves, and you start to merge with everything (i.e. "you" dies)
>>
>>39232953
So wait correct me if I am wrong but the natural state of being on earth is suffering. Once you die whether it be from bad karma or sin you can end up in a realm of hell or if you have good karma or virtue you can end up in a realm of heaven for an indeterminate amount of time until you are reborn. Now if I understand what you are saying correctly the "ultimate red pill" is to remove yourself from existence completely. And while I can see the appeal of that, is that the right thing to do? Suffering is the most powerful force in the universe shouldn't we use that for something? Instead of simply not facing the reality of this abstract reality and bend it to our will.
>>
>>39232460
that is implying that something like a soul exist. it implies that 'we' are something permanent and not just the fabrication of our physical brain. I think this theory is close to the truth but the stuff about human placeholoders for our conscioussness i dont believe in.
>>
>>39233494
Why don't you believe in a soul if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>39232780
But why do people need to practice Buddhism? Can't we all just live happily in heaven?
>>
>>39233554
Because according to OP it's only temporary. While it might seem like an eternity at some point you will be reborn.
>>
>>39233542
I've just always felt that we're nothing more than the conclusion of our brains functions. That conscioussness is a mere survival mechanism for humans, and that we are just a blank slate which our environment and experiences shape.

Honestly i'ts mostly just one of those things that i cant explain though. I might have a better go at it if i werent busy atm. I've always been dead sure of this since i was young though and i dropped a lot of acid in my teens which probably solidified this view. I could be wrong and probably am.
>>
>>39233164
Yes you're right on all your first points.

>Suffering is the most powerful force in the universe shouldn't we use that for something? Instead of simply not facing the reality of this abstract reality and bend it to our will.
You don't know suffering until you know long-term inescapable, extreme suffering.

>>39233494
No it's not. And it doesn't imply we're permanent; everything changes in every moment. Every cell in your body is renewed every decade or so. It doesn't matter if a soul exists or not, the FACT is that we are here in this hell right NOW, and we will be here many, many times more.

You can deny thing all you want. Say we're "just this, just that", it's "just chemicals". But this I promise you: in the face of the suffering I described above, all hope will fall away, and you will get a perfect understanding of the unpleasant side of what the truth is.
>>
>die
>get born again
fuck
>>
How do I ensure I will be born again? This world sucks but there are some things I'd still like to experience. Like not being born in a third world shithole
>>
>>39233583
But why are we reborn?
>>
>>39233952
my mom is into this stuff and she says that every time we are reborn we do so to become better versions of our past selves. Imagine what we were like back then lmao such losers
>>
>>39233807
>>39233904
Adding to that, it doesn't matter who you are, or who you think you are. Who you think you are changes in every moment. Your emotions alone instantly change you. It doesn't matter what entity you are, what planet you're on, what galaxy, or universe for that matter. Wherever or whatever you are, there you'll be. And so will suffering, to varying levels. But that's not really the problem. The problem is we keep coming back to hell, unless we take cosmic exit door.
>>
>>39233952
Because time is a circle. That's is just the way God has created this universe. At some point you will learn the purest form of pleasure or suffering and be reborn.
>>
>>39233951
>How do I ensure I will be born again?
Keep your ego going. But that's essentially guaranteed anyway unless you dedicate your life to destroying it.

>>39233952
Possibly because we thought ourselves into existence, and the impressions we created with those thoughts continue beyond death of the body, which is only really a vessel for consciousness. That, or being constantly reborn into a vessel is just the nature of life, until you opt out.
>>
Whitepill: Once you do accomplish this goal and 'erase yourself from existence', you actually ascend to a higher dimension and begin the cycle in a place of higher vibrational energy, a better place.
>>
>>39234090
Swift summary on your source/explanation?
>>
File: ShrineDSantaMuete.jpg (108KB, 760x535px) Image search: [Google]
ShrineDSantaMuete.jpg
108KB, 760x535px
>>39232460
>>Here's the biggest secret of the universe. The reddest of red-pills. The ultimate knowledge of the sages. The ultimate conclusion to philosophical debate:
>>Life isn't worth living

>The noblest act of Christianity, that holy act by which Christ demonstrated his love for humanity and damn near all the saints died to emulate, the very symbol of Christendom itself as mounted on every church roof ... is martydom/death/suicide
>One of the defining acts of Islam, something that has driven politics for years and changed the very face of the modern world, an act that promises the greatest of rewards in the hereafter ... Istishhad/suicide bombing/death
>Perhaps the most memorable and well-known aspect of the Norse faith, probably the only aspect the general public might know is that the most sought-after reward is to be collected by the valkyries and spirited up to Valhalla, but this only happens for the deserving ... those that died in glorious battle
There sure is a lot of praising death going around.
>>
>>39234153
Sorry, I won't make that claim with absolute certainty but I do believe it. Here http://www.michaelteachings.com/7planes.html
>>
>>39234280
It's life's 2nd guarantee
>>
>>39234305
So Buddha's teachings are beyond Jesus'?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.