[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why aren't you vegan yet? It's the morally-responsible,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 53

File: eating animals is yummy defense.png (312KB, 479x470px) Image search: [Google]
eating animals is yummy defense.png
312KB, 479x470px
So why aren't you vegan yet?

It's the morally-responsible, ethical and healthy choice. Plain and simple.
>>
File: stirner.gif (401KB, 128x330px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
401KB, 128x330px
Because I can and I like to.
>>
>>39227802
Because you can and like to what?
>>
ok good idea. everyone is vegan in the world now.
what do we do with all the livestock species, make them extinct?
very ethical bro......
>>
Animals are worth less than people
>>
>>39227779
Farm animals came into existence to be eaten. Any fleeting meaning they ever had was bought by that fact.
>>
>>39227779
Rape is ok because it feels good
Also meet tastes yummy
>>
>>39227779
Becauses if I based every choice I make on ethics and health I wouldnt be here at 1 AM.
>>
>>39227821
That doesn't mean they deserve to get slaughtered to death? They deserve a life where their purpose is more than being turned into food.
>>
File: 1471286756984.gif (449KB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1471286756984.gif
449KB, 200x149px
>>39227841
>this whole sentence
>>
>>39227836
You can easily change your life for the better. Step up, faggot.
>>
Comparing women to animals is dehumanising them. A better argument would be "its like saying raping animals is okay because it feela good." You don't compare the rights and feelings of a human to an animal.
>>
>>39227779
>So why aren't you vegan yet?
>It's the morally-responsible, ethical and healthy choice. Plain and simple.
I am
>>
File: 1440031072894.jpg (413KB, 1600x2454px) Image search: [Google]
1440031072894.jpg
413KB, 1600x2454px
>>39227779
I'm a part of the civilization known as the United States. As such, the acknowledgement of my inalienable right to liberty means that I don't have to justify my behaviors to some dickhead on the Internet.

This shit might fly in Sweden, but you can get fucked by Lady Liberty with a strap-on
>>
File: 1503349462197.jpg (135KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503349462197.jpg
135KB, 1440x1080px
All throughout natural history we were getting our asses kicked, enjoy the top of the food chain while you can.
>dinosaurs ate my ancestors
>morally wrong to eat dinosaur's descendants
GIVE ME TENDIE
>>
>>39227811
Eating meat, obviously.
>>
>>39227921
>Bad decisions are justifiable because muh country
>>
>>39227841
Actually yeah it does mate. I don't worry about the tree that made my bed, why should I worry about the cow that made my steak?
>>
dying for meat is the price they pay for existence.
just like we have to pay taxes.
though I do agree they should be treated nicely and killed quickly. it is all about respect
>>
Every non-vegans answer to this is simply "fuck you I do what I want".
>>
File: 1462599271617.png (54KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
1462599271617.png
54KB, 470x698px
>billions of humans facing injustice and suffering right now
>dude but what about food products lmao
vegans are fucking twisted
>>
File: 1494020824066.jpg (106KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1494020824066.jpg
106KB, 645x968px
>>39227999
>Decisions must be justifiable in the land of the free

Just because you say muh doesn't mean you aren't retarded.
>>
>>39228003
>>39228048
So in other words, you do it because it feels good to you regardless of any other facts. Just like OP pic references.

You don't have to justify your actions in America, but it says a ton about you. How immoral you are. How stupid you are. How self-centered you are.
>>
File: 5424.jpg (29KB, 425x314px) Image search: [Google]
5424.jpg
29KB, 425x314px
>>39227841
>chickens and cows and pigs having a purpose
Not sure if this is bait or youre just a retard. Man has dominion over lower beasts. They aren't capable of abstract thought
>>
>>39228173
bUt It SaYs A tOn AbOuT yOu. HoW iMmOrAl YoU aRe. HoW sTuPiD yOu ArE. hOw SeLf-CeNtErEd YoU aRe.

Are you done?
>>
>>39227779
fuck you im depressed enough already
>>
I only eat halal meat as I am assured that the animal died in exquisite agony following a protracted death. It tastes immeasurably superior to the meat of animals killed in more humane fashions.
>>
>>39228173
Morality is subjective. It is not a fact.
>>
>>39228173
>you do it because it feels good to you regardless of any other facts

Maybe that chicken should have been born less tasty
>>
>Animals kill eachother all the time for food
>For some reason we, animals, arent allowed to participate in such things
Nah fuck you and your troll thread. If chickens didnt want to get eaten they should have evolved faster.
>>
File: raporwave.jpg (101KB, 644x819px) Image search: [Google]
raporwave.jpg
101KB, 644x819px
>>39228347
>evolved faster

Assuming evilution has a direction and speed and goal
>>
Because eating animals is yummy

Also I can buy a two pack of steaks for like 3 bucks at my grocery store, so it's not cheaper.
>>
>>39228347
Those animals are carnivores.

We are omnivores, so we are able to survive on a fully plant based diet.
>>
Because we can fag. Them tendies is gudd.
>>
>>39227779
Omnivorous animals eat other animals.
Humans are also omnivorous animals.

Humans can kill animals for food in much for humane ways than other animals would.

You can also ethically consume eggs and milk from animals without harming them.
>>
>>39228408
That's precisely it, the burden of choice is self-imposed dependent on our lifestyle. Many human lifestyles eat both meat and vegetable. It does not matter what you eat, it barely matters in the grand scheme of things. Both plant and animal are life forms, so either way you are consuming life to sustain your own. Nature has no morality.
>>
>>39227779
In Tchernobyl species that were thought to have been driven away have come back. Nature is thriving in a place bathed in radiations because human activity is no longer present. If you truly want to be moral, ethical and responsible, you'd argue for mass decrease of population. Being vegan will not save the planet or the animals, especially if this the only thing you do while still consuming electricity and consuming mass produced products.
Veganism is useless and I even suspect it to be the useful idiot of liberal capitalism. Decrease is the only sensible choice for the planet and nature.
>>
File: Nigger vegeta takes the bait.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Nigger vegeta takes the bait.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>39227779
Those animals wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing to us
Nature is evil get over it.
>>
>>39227779
Because it is perfectly natural and healthy to eat meat. Some vegetarians and vegans are less healthy than meat eaters because of inadequate protein intake. Those who do, in fact, eat healthy vegan diets don't really have any added advantages those who eat healthy meat diets. only in life style do vegans and vegetarians have the advantage because they tend to watch their caloric intake and tend to exercise more, so you can take the healthier diet bullshit out. On the fact of morality, I do not agree with you fully. I agree that it is wrong to kill another thing without reason, but in order to feed it is fine. It is found within ancient human diets that they ate meat to survive. It is natural to eat meat. So why should we change what is natural for the sake of what a few call moral? Many animal activists believe that animals are equal to humans; vegans will often say the same, citing thought experiment after thought experiment of false equivocations. The fact is, although animals and Humans endure suffering alike, humans have achieved conscious levels self awareness. Animals do not have that. Humans can therefore process death and feel more intensely the threat of death. Humans should not be killed because of the threat of ending conscious experience. There is no threat of ending a full and vibrant experience with an animal.
>>
>>39227779
The difference between eating meat and rape, is that rape isn't socially accepted and available at the store for 2$.

It is a false equivalent, because if the above were true, guess what i'd be doing :^). It's also bullshit that being a vegan is healthier for humans.
>>
>>39227779
All you do is start to starve the animals out instead of just killing them? You cunts call us monsters but you guys are taking their resources. Dick.
>>
>>39228616
Dude, that's a dumb argument. That's strawman to the fucking max.
>>
>>39228636
Thats the whole fucking point you retard
>>
>>39228641
There's not a tinge of irony in that statement. All you did was say something stupid. If you wanted to make yourself look like an imbecile, good job. Apparently, you're the retard here.
>>
>>39228636
I would date that qt strawman (female)
>>
>>39228710
Speaking of which, this is now a Scarecrow thread.
>>
>>39227779
Your pic related is retarded. Humans are part of civilization, animals are not. You are not expected to act civilized towards mindless beasts.
>>
>>39227779
>animals have souls
You're going to need a bigger proof, fucktard. Morals aren't subjective.
>>
>>39227779
Don't tell me what to eat, commie.
>>
im not morally-responsible, ethical, or healthy, I like to enjoy my life doing whatever the fuck I want instead of cucking myself out of enjoying life for some faggot hallmark card values
>>
>>39227779
I'm not an unhealthy hippie retard that thinks that the lives of inferior animals matter.
>>
>>39227779
>any point in history
>being a moralfag
Lol. That being said i eat mostly plant based for health reasons but i think people that do it to feel superior are ultimate douchebags
>>
>>39227779
anon, im not even disciplined enough to live a half-decent lifestyle. there's no way i'd be able to stick to something like veganism
>>
>morally-responsible
Morality is subjective.
>ethical
See above
>healthy
As is eating meat.

Let's talk instead about why you shouldn't go vegan:
>you become a pain in the ass for anyone planning an event because of your self-imposed dietary restrictions (end result being you either go hungry because they forgot/didn't bother, or you simply aren't invited because they feel uncomfortable eating meat around you)
>people hate being invited to your events because you won't serve animal products (and will either subvert your preferences by smuggling, or just decline your invites)
>xenoestrogens
>by not publicly eating bacon/pork/ham regularly, others may begin to suspect you could be a terrorist
>vegans will count your decision as a personal victory (and we cannot let them win)
>others avoid you because they assume you will frequently rub your veganism in their face
>meat-based meals taste way better than vegan meal
>animals will not thank you for it anyway (they really do not give a shit)
>vegans will not thank you for it either (because you're only doing "what your supposed to do")
>>
File: 1494639884062.jpg (29KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
1494639884062.jpg
29KB, 331x334px
>tfw you realize vegans are just vegans so they can feel like they're on the moral high ground
>tfw they're just roaches
You moralroaches make me laugh.
>>
>>39227841
>slaughtered to death
please send a shill with over 100 IQ
>>
File: it don't matter.jpg (16KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
it don't matter.jpg
16KB, 720x405px
>>39227802
this
Honestly I just don't give a fuck, fuck the animal, we all die eventually.

>>39227841
>implying even human life has any purpose
No life has purpose except whatever purpose you give. Animals like cows purpose tends to be to provide food for us
>>
>>39227779
LMAO the person who wrote this is also the EXACT type of person to think doing drugs and practicing sodomy is fine because "it feels good"
>>
>>39227779
Because fuck you I'm eating meat
>>
>>39229074
Most events have vegan or at least vegatarian options unless you live in kansas or missouri or some shit. Lol.
>>
>>39227841
They get to live in a place where they're fed all their life. They get to live in a place where they can sleep safely and dry. They literally have to do nothing but eat and shit all day. If I could be that pampered I'd be okay with cutting my life short by a 1/4 too.
>>
>>39227779

because I evolved as an omnivorous animal and vegans look like AIDS victims.
>>
>>39227779

I wouldn't go vegan, but I'd go lacto-ovo-pescatarian. I think that's the best balance of moral responsibility and health.
>>
>>39229406
Dairy and eggs are bad for you. Fish is fine if you can avoid the ones with mercury
>>
>>39229465

OK, then we have a deal.
>>
>>39228408
>we are omnivores so we should be herbavores
Why aren't you preaching your nonsense to carnivores? Oh right, they'll identify you as weakling and eat you.
>>
>>39227779

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants

Would vegans starve to death if plants were proven to feel pain?
>>
>>39229465
>are bad for you
So what? Is life a contest of who lives the longest? Fuck you, the earth is overpopulated as it is. If anything we should set the maximum age to 65 to not waste more resources.
>>
File: Screenshot_615.png (541KB, 692x393px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_615.png
541KB, 692x393px
>>39227779
what do you thin i should do with this steak OP how should i cook it?
>>
>>39227779

>deforests entire swathes of natural habitat, killing/displacing arboreal animals
>tills the ground, killing/displacing subterranean animals
>loads the soil up with immense loads of copper and sulfur, killing/displacing remaining insects
>harvests nearby water supplies to water crops, killing/displacing aquatic animals
>runoff spreads copper and sulfur elsewhere, killing/displacing more insects/polluting environment
>animals that feed on "pests" either die from starvation or drinking copper and sulfur laden water, or flee for their lives
>farm equipment obliterates any small creatures managing to take refuge in the shell of their once great habitat
>almonds activated
>activated almonds transported cross country via heavy diesel truck
>truck's tank is filled with petrol extracted through environmental destruction, leading to more animal death
>roasted using either gas or electricity harnessed through more environmental destruction, and thus animal death
>none of their deaths had a purpose in and of itself

And then you get mad at me for harvesting clams, or hunting boars. Don't act so pious, you waste like 3 litres of water just so your piss won't sit in the bowl.
>>
>>39227779
Animals are not people. I'm sick of seeing Vegans making retarded analogies comparing it to rape and murder.
>>
>>39229582
Eat it raw before its mother or child.
>>
>>39227779
Because flesh is delicious, if vegans would manage to somehow ban meat products i would start eating vegans no joke, i would hunt them down, skin them, separate the tasty bits (muscles / edible organs) and make nice meals out of them with some mashed potatos and button mushrooms
>>
>>39229591

I can't believe I don't hear this argument presented so exhaustively more often.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 252x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 252x481px
>>39227779
Animals were made for man.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
>>
>>39229591
>>39227779

What about insects?

Couldn't we all just switch to farming and eating insects instead?
>>
>>39229708

I do, in addition to hunting and farming. Mealworms and crickets are pretty tasty, low maintenance, and the surplus goes to the chickens.
>>
>>39229465

So is water if you drink too much or from a bad source.

So is the sun, so we should all stay in our basements and never go outside.

Who knew robots were the healthiest people on Earth,
>>
>he doesn't rape people while eating human flesh and shooting passerbys
>>
I might become a vegetarian one day. But I'll never be vegan for the plain fact that I just love milk and eggs too much.
>>
>>39227779
I don't think eating animals is inherently evil because other animals do the same, though I do think that the rate at which we eat them and thus have to mistreat them to keep up with the demand is highly unnecessary.
>>
>>39229591
Evolution, bitch. Be the best or die, don't be a faggot about it.
>>
>>39227779
Going vegetarian makes you too peaceful. I prefer to remain omnivorous and keep the balance that way. Speaking of which, why are no carnivores in human society? Like ones who only eat meat.
>>
>>39227779
There's nothing worse than a picky eater.
>>
>>39227779
>rules of nature starts playing.
It's all about staying on top OP.
>>
>>39229383
>They get to live in a place where they're fed all their life. They get to live in a place where they can sleep safely and dry. They literally have to do nothing but eat and shit all day. If I could be that pampered I'd be okay with cutting my life short by a 1/4 too.
Except that a lot of the animals are actually treated appallingly, they are couped up in small spaces and are force fed food non stop so they are fattened up. They are then cramped together in the back of a truck and taken to an abattoir where they are herded together and slaughtered.
>>
File: 1497724687486.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497724687486.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>39227927
My niggy.
>tfw get to top of food chain all just to guilt trip our own kin
Why?
>>
>>39227779
I am, OP. Why the aggressive leading question?
>>
File: 1482468116707.jpg (37KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482468116707.jpg
37KB, 720x480px
Our morality doesn't extend to animals. We protect them to the extent that they are beneficial to a human. If you think animals are moral agents you are retarded, perhaps try getting some vitamin B12.
>>
>>39230328
Yeah some animals in captivity have it rough.

Some have it great too. You can argue all day that animals should be treated in better conditions and I'll agree, but until you can come up with a logical argument for why it would be wrong to eat a deer that spontaneously combusted into a perfect medium rare entree you can't really argue that it's wrong to simply eat flesh of animals
>>
>>39227779
>Comparing eating meat to rape

See, THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON'T FUCKING LIKE VEGANS
>>
>>39227779
I eat animal flesh everyday
>>
HOLD UP! I am about to make a statement that will completely disprove every point vegans could possibly make.
Animals eat animals too. Why can't we?
>>
>>39227779
some animals dont even feel pain who cares
>>
>>39231390
even if they do fuck 'em
I love being at the top of the food chain
>>
>>39227802

This is a spooked, rather than a non-spooked position. Stirner never advocated hedonism - he was advocating freedom from the various manipulative lies and ideologies which seek to control the 'self' from outside. Stirner clearly doesn't think of the 'self' as synonymous with animal appetites.

Speaking for myself, it isn't in my self-interest to pursue pleasure for pleasure's sake alone, let alone to contribute to the suffering of other sentient beings simply because I might enjoy the taste of them.

The self cannot be separated from reality, nor can the self reasonably be defined without considering questions of the well being of others.

You've literally turned spook-busting into your own spook, where the interests of your belly somehow overide the interests of yourself as a considerate, empathetic, responsive human being existing within a reality that precedes you.
>>
>>39229307
If you can impart purpose upon other animals and since you're an animal which you admit dies anyway by your own logic I can determine your purpose to be to die for my pleasure and thus kill you justifiably.

Your logic is retarded.

>>39229387
>>39229523
>because I evolved as an omnivorous animal
So why are you the only omnivore which develops atherosclerosis when eating cholesterol and saturated fat?

>preach to a carnivore
Why? How does this make sense to you, brainlet?
>>
>>39231540
You're not at the top of the food chain though. You've just used technology to remove yourself from it.
>>
Humans will eat the whole planet, then they will panic and cry. Hehehehe. Feels good, man.
>>
>>39231381
>I am about to make a statement that will completely disprove every point vegans could possibly make
Okay.
>Animals eat animals too.
This isn't an argument. You've just made an observation. Animals also eat shit. Should we be doing that too?
>>
>>39229682

In Genesis, after making man - God specifically prescribes a VEGAN diet. He also prescribes the same for animals, implying that God's ideal for man AND animal is veganism.

Later in Genesis, God grants Noah permission to eat meat - directly after a flood. This could easily be read as implying that God had never granted permission for anyone to eat meat prior to this point.

In the same moment where God grants this permission, God promises the animals that an accounting in blood will take place.

God cares about animals.
>>
>>39227779
I've never had an animal lie to me, steal from me, set me up to take a fall, try to fuck my wife behind my back, give me shitty advice, pretend to be my friend, etc etc

Only the TWO-LEGGED animals do those things...

Until they begin grinding up humans into burgers, I'll stick with the vegetarian option
>>
>>39227779
Because eating animals is yummy.
>>
>>39231654
People are animals. People are said to taste like pork. Some people like the taste of pork. By your logic it's justified to eat people.
>>
>>39231597
then who is at the top?
>>
>>39231616
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but on page ONE of Genesis, God says "Let us make man in OUR image"

So he's talking to other God's, obviously... Yet the Bible clearly states there's only one God.

The Bible negates itself on the first fucking good damn page.

It may as well be a disclaimer saying DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PROCEEDING WITH THIS BOOK OF LIES

there's no such thing as good

Sorry

But you STILL have the right idea regarding animals
>>
>>39227779
I already am
Its been proven countless times that babys have the same kind of conscienceness as animals
eating a animal is the same as eating a baby, why do you think chinks eat them?
>>
>>39231669
>the brainlet thinks there is a single food chain for all animals

>>39231678
>our
>forgetting the Trinity
>>
>>39231669
I challenge you to walk through the jungle near some tigers, or in the plains of Africa near a pride of lions...

Hell... Try going face to face with a mother racoon who has babies nearby.

Or a beehive...

Faggot, you're LUNCH
>>
>>39231678

>So he's talking to other God's, obviously... Yet the Bible clearly states there's only one God.

I don't really want to get into a huge religious debate, but I'd just point out that most people read this as "the royal we", in other words most Christians read this as as strange linguistic form used simply because the God of the bible is seen as so powerful. Personally I read it as implying that man and woman as a gender relationship are a sort of image or reflection of this creator.
>>
>>39227779
I like taste and texture of meat. I'd only become vegan because of health complications or meat become tasteless.
>>
>>39231667
>2017
>not eating people
>>
>>39227779
Because disney didnt brainwash me into believing animals have complex feelins and are equal to me.
If i was in the wild against another carnivore animal, it would have absolutely no remorse in eating me alive.
I think veganism nowdays became alot like a religion and the vegans are elitistic faggots who think chicken are emotionally the same as they are.
>>
>>39231707
there are no tigers, lions, racoons and bees in my area
>>
>>39231726
Do you live in a jungle or on the plains of Africa you fucking retard? He didn't say go outside and get rekt by lions. He said go to their location and see how much of an apex predator you really are.
>>
>>39231703
The Trinity my ass

You'll believe ANYTHING they shovel down your throat

On page one, there WAS no Trinity

There was nothing

No father, no son, no holy ghost

Nice try

Idiot
>>
>>39227779
plants are alive, how does it make it ok to eat them?
is it because animals seem to act as we do? seems subjective to me, and in my subjective interpretation living things have to die for me to live, therefore I can eat plants and animals as I please.
>>
I've always loved uneducated humans (also known as Christians) grapple and struggled grasping for straws trying to come up with a answer that justifies their nonsensical belief

Until that day comes I sit back and revel in the fact that only 12% of the human race is stupid enough to believe in Christianity

While I'm still amazingly depressed that an overwhelming majority of human beings are stupid enough to believe in Allah

The day they religion includes animals is the day I'm going to join one
>>
Why are vegans the most annoying people in the world?
I find it sometimes hard to believe people as annoying as vegans could exist and i believe they actually dedicate their life to being annoying pieces of shit.
Is not even the fact that they dont eat meat, if that was it i couldnt care less, but they are allways for some reason the sjw sociopath type who didnt grew out of the kindergarten phase
>>
>>39231752
>read Harry Potter
>first page
>no mention of Harry
>therefore Harry isn't in the book
You're a tard lol
>>
Humans have had meat forever, why should we change? I only agree with veganism if the vegans are not eating meat to protest against animal cruelty in farms.
>>
>>39227779

Responsible i agree

I think people should be able to eat meat, however the meat industry is sickening.

It's eco destructive, costly and unhealthy

It's truely disgusting how we breed fairly intelligent animals and mass slaughter them grind them up chop e'm into neat pieces and package them for display.

I
>>
>>39231774
Perhaps one of these days you'll learn the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan

Until that day comes Tana I'm not holding my breath to see if you could ever learn the difference between a robot, a beta, and a heterosexual
>>
>>39231767
The distinction is made at sentience. Hence why insects, bacteria, parasites, amoeba, etc aren't a subject of concern. Your argument is trash.

>>39231774
>Why are vegans the most annoying people in the world?
Because you know what you're doing is wrong and it bothers you that people point this out.
>>
>>39229373
It's more:
>let's plan an all-night gaming binge
>what will we have for dinner?
>everyone wants meatlovers pizza
>won't anon get offended?
>shit I don't know
>should we just not invite him?
>yep, that works
>lol
>>
>>39231798
>he forgets he's on /r9k/ and everybody knows he has never been invited anywhere
This entire post was projection on your part. Were you a vegan anon? Is that why you think nobody invited you anywhere?
>>
THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:

I'm right and you're wrong

Get used to it
>>
>>39227779
I'm a contrarian, so the more aggressively you try to push veganism, the more meat I'll eat
>>
>>39231797
How is it wrong?
Explain it to me and maybe il change my mind
>>
>>39231819
You're also a sniveling little faggot, so the more the world practices reproduction, the more testicles land on your chin
>>
>>39227779
whats morals got to do with it?

morals are a human construct, meant to safeguard us from the savage instincts of humans

its morals that prevents your dad from raping your sister.

but in nature, none of that stuff holds valid.
survival of the strongest--thats the law of the jungle
>>
>>39231819
>he's a contrarian
>he's not contrary to the mainstream opinion though
Hmm.... really made me consider the circumstances
>>
>>39231848
Hee Hee

Bloody good show, old chum !
>>
>>39231836
What is your strongest piece of evidence that makes you feel eating meat is right and what would it take to change your mind?

>>39231846
Do you have autism? You don't seem to understand morals, people or social dynamics at all.
>>
>>39231791
I dont think you people are actually worthy of that much time, i wont read some thesis about the differences between 2 types of snowflakes, il rather waste my time masturbating or shoting heroin
>>
>>39231846
I'd love to rape his sister

While he traversed the plains of Africa scaring lions with his argument against morals
>>
>>39231875
Well the fact that humans and animals do it since like forever.
A qt vegand girlfriend i guess would change my mind, or atleast il pretend she did so i can fuq her.
>>
>>39231797
>The distinction is made at sentience.
but why? the distinction is also subjective. Personally I make the distinction at an animal being able to create civilizations, structures, and language. You can make a subjective statement, and I can also. all in all the vegan diet is a choice and trying to prove it is "morally" better is pointless as it isnt, because morality is subjective.
all it shows is that we have different morals, not better or worse.
>>
>>39231879

*pushes you into a polar bear exhibit*

"Explain the Trinity to your new friend"
>>
>>39231899
>Well the fact that humans and animals do it since like forever
Not only is this an appeal to nature but it's also wrong. Humans only started eating meat regularly after agriculture began. It's also not evidence.

>A qt vegand girlfriend i guess would change my mind, or atleast il pretend she did so i can fuq her.
They're not stupid. But since this is how shallow you are it's clear you're offer to reconsider is not made in good faith. I won't waste time with you.

>>39231907
>le morality is subjective meme
Then morality is entirely pointless and it's completely justifiable to kill you because I feel like it. Laws are pointless authoritarian bullying too.

You should seriously try again.
>>
Here's MY morals:

If you can take a household hammer to your pet puppy, then you've earned the right to eat it

Highly unlikely that you'll ever get laid or have anyone want to hang out with you, but may I suggest horseradish mayo ?
>>
There are two kinds of people :

Compassionate lovers of life

and justification seeking carnivores
>>
>>39231938
This is extremly good evidence
Also ''regularly'' doesent mean they didnt eat it before.
>>
Lol @ "there are no bees in my area"
>>
>>39231972
>my fallacious argument is evidence!
Yeah, no it's not.

>Also ''regularly'' doesent mean they didnt eat it before.
Doesn't make it part of their diet either. What one eats REGULARLY is the definition of what one's diet is. You're also ignoring that meat is unhealthy and is strongly linked to the development of numerous diseases such as CVD, CHD, IHD, cancer, etc.
>>
>>39231938
>Then morality is entirely pointless and it's completely justifiable to kill you because I feel like it. Laws are pointless authoritarian bullying too.

Im glad you brought that up, because youre right, if your morals were different enough, you could kill anyone and justify it morally. Morals are just subjective guidelines for the way you live your life, your community and environment shapes it, but nothing dictates it but you. And laws are almost like community decided morals.
If morals are objective, wouldn't some other creatures exhibit them?
>>
>>39231938
Btw as i stated earlier you people are exactly like a religion.
You believe your silly doctrines and whatever evidence is thrown at you, you choose to disregard it because you think you do the right thing when in fact you modify reality to fit what you deem as ''good''
So fuck you, IM not wasting my time with you snowflake.
>>
>>39232003
>because youre right
Brainlet, I never stated that it was so. It was a hypothetical suggestion.
>wouldn't some other creatures exhibit them?
How do you know they don't? What about dolphins which rescue swimmers? What about carnivores that protect and raise the young of their prey? What about animals that mourn the loss of pack members?

>>39232007
>doesn't post any evidence
>ALL YOU DO IS DISREGARD EVIDENCE I'M LEAVING
k
>>
>>39232007

RE: your irrelevant opinion

My beliefs are based solely on my 53 years of hardcore hands on real world experience, and mainly formed during my extensive LSD experimentation

Lol @ religion
>>
File: australiachannew.jpg (126KB, 995x802px) Image search: [Google]
australiachannew.jpg
126KB, 995x802px
>>39228003
Best aussie justification evar!
>>
>>39232033
>Brainlet, I never stated that it was so. It was a hypothetical suggestion.
not an attack on the argument, but the person. And a nonsensical one. hmmm...
>How do you know they don't?
im sorry, I mistyped, I might ALL creatures. If morality were objective, all creatures of any kind would exhibit the same kind of morals you are describing, which is, to prefer plants to animals, to "preserve sentience" as you put it. Which of course is not true.
>>
rape is okay
>>
>>39232078
AUSSIE'S ARE AUSSHOLES

perhaps calling other men MATES is a behavior you should reconsider ?
>>
>>39232092
Especially if it's a farm animal

THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS:
HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE ONLY ANIMAL WHO HAVE SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYED THIS ENTIRE PLANET AND EVERY ASPECT OF LIFE ON IT

IF THERE'S ANY ANIMAL THAT NEEDS TO BE FACTORY-FARMED AND TURNED INTO FOOD IT WOULD BE THE HUMAN RACE
>>
>>39232089
>not an attack on the argument, but the person. And a nonsensical one. hmmm...
>thinks he can call ad hom when my attack on the argument was the next part of the post
Literal. Brainlet.

>im sorry, I mistyped, I might ALL creatures
English only, brainlet.

>If morality were objective, all creatures of any kind would exhibit the same kind of morals you are describing
When you make a claim you have to back it up with reasoning. How does the objectivity of morality rely on all animals possessing morals?
>>
>>39231842

You're a backwards baboon

You're acting all Darwinian but you don't even realize that survival of the fittest really means adaptability not strong.

Also morals are important and it's the reason we come so far in the first place.

By your logic we'd be extinct already.

Even animals care for eachother, you don't understand the complexties of animals or humans.

You mistake predatory behaviour for normal dynamics
>>
This isn't rocket science

The truth lies in your soul

If your soul tells you the torture and murder of innocent animals is justified because you want to feel the sensation of indigestion for a few hours, that would make you a complete piece of shit in my book.

When I became a vegetarian as a teenager I lost all of the fat that made me technically obese, and although I'm 53 years old I'm healthier than any of you

Not to mention the fact that females love animals, and if you ever intend on finally getting laid you might want to open your mind a little bit
>>
>>39232150
Are you telling me that you actually think humans shouldn't be extinct? You think that we actually deserve to exist ?

It turns out you're not quite as smart as you thought
>>
>>39227779
I have no obligation to be ethical.
>>
>>39232053
Dear Johnny, i really hope on the other side of the wire there is not actually a 53 year old hippie who wastes the little time he has left on earth debating people on 4chan.
In case you are not a fictional character, all i have to say is....Im sorry
Im sorry life got you to this point and the only thing you can still do after procastinating your life away through drugs is argue with depressed teenagers in this place.
>>
>>39229406
Like this is a bad thing? We've won the game of life.
>>
>>39232212
You do if you expect others to act in an ethical manner towards you.

>>39232228
I think your cholesterol-laden diet is affecting your brain. This makes no sense.
>>
>>39232119
>Brainlet
>brainlet
very puzzling indeed, almost as if your argument is failing....

>When you make a claim you have to back it up with reasoning. How does the objectivity of morality rely on all animals possessing morals?
I thought you could follow the logic, however I will explain. If morality were truly objective, wouldnt all sentience life tend to the same moral set, because it is the "objectively right" one to have? Why WOULDNT animals process these morals? Why are certain humans the only ones? Wouldnt humans themselves tend towards this moral set too, for the same reason?
>>
>>39232212
It is readily apparent that you also have no obligation to be heterosexual

Coincidental, huh ?
>>
>>39232222
Lol @ you being the only person in here who doesn't realize why I'm here or how I got here or anything about my past whatsoever

it's okay we all have to start somewhere
>>
>>39232250
>You do if you expect others to act in an ethical manner towards you.
I don't. That's expecting too much
>>
>>39232254
>If morality were truly objective, wouldnt all sentience life tend to the same moral set, because it is the "objectively right" one to have?
You're yet to explain how you're coming to this conclusion.

>Why WOULDNT animals process these morals?
Because they're only slightly less intelligent than you. Philosophy is beyond them.

>Why are certain humans the only ones?
Intelligence. However this doesn't stop animals from practicing moral behaviour unintentionally, only conceptualizing and actively pursuing moral behaviour.

>Wouldnt humans themselves tend towards this moral set too
Humans do tend toward morals. This is why laws exist and why your teachers thought it was wrong when your bullies harassed you. You're not making a point here.

How are you relating this back to all animals must have morals for morals to be objective? Animals have no understanding of gravity yet its existence is an objective truth. By your logic an animal failing to understand gravity or practice physics renders it a subjective discipline. You're a brainlet.

>>39232290
>le epik contrarianism
But I'm sure you don't want to be wrongly imprisoned, tortured or murdered. Just because you're picking and choosing which ethics you acknowledge doesn't mean you don't have an expectation of people acting ethically toward you.
>>
>>39232053
>LSD
So your brain is fried. No wonder you're a nutcase
>>
>>39231707
since I'm assuming I'd have to go without weapons and shit like that I request lions to be declawed and have their teeth removed.
>>
>>39232309
>But I'm sure you don't want to be wrongly imprisoned, tortured or murdered.
Obviously not, but I wouldnt be surprised if it happened
>>
>>39232282
Well, no....you are delusional,i highly doubt most people here know who you are.
Also i attached a picture of the beatles, a band rather popular in the time you lived and that probably influenced your life more than it should, hope you like it.
>>
>>39231910
you didn't teleported behind him
>>
WHAT MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE WENDY SAYS:

1: STUDIES PROVE THAT PEOPLE WHO EAT MEAT ARE STUPID

2: MEAT CAUSES COLON CANCER, VASCULAR DISEASE, AND A HOST OF OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS MANY OF THEM FATAL

3: IT HAS LITTLE TO NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE

4: YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN BE EATING MEAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. GOD KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY EATING, LIKE CONNECTIVE TISSUE

5: MANY OF THE PROCESS IS USED TO DEFEAT THE DISEASE AND BACTERIA AND PATHOGENS IN FACTORY FARMING LIKE AMMONIA BATHS ARE COMPLETELY INEFFECTIVE AGAINST CONNECTIVE TISSUE

6: DISEASE IS SO RAMPANT IN THE FACTORY FARMING INDUSTRY THAT THEY HAVE TO PUMP THE ANIMALS FULL OF RANDOM ANTIBIOTICS

7: EVERY TIME YOU EAT MEAT YOU ARE INGESTING AND UNREGULATED RANDOM DOSE OF ANY GIVEN ANTIBIOTIC AT ANY GIVEN TIME WHICH IS CONTRAINDICATED AND DESTROYS YOUR BODY'S ABILITY TO FIGHT OFF BACTERIA

8: PEOPLE WHO EAT MEAT ARE STUPID

ANY QUESTIONS? SHE DIDN'T EVEN GET STARTED YET THAT'S JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG... SHE HAD BOTH HANDS TIED BEHIND HER BACK FOR THAT YOU SHOULD SEE HER GO WITH THE REAL ARGUMENT
>>
>>39232309
calling me a brainlet doesnt prove the argument wrong!
you are misunderstanding
everything obeys gravity because it is an OBJECTIVE truth of the universe. As far as we know, everything obeys this truth. wouldnt then, all living things all obey the objective truth of morals? they dont however, so the rule doesnt work. You are also misunderstanding what morals are.
>Humans do tend toward morals
of course they do, because morals are how you live your life, your subjective beliefs and behaviors. for example, some people would believe killing another person is ok is they killed first, like the death penalty . Some people think this isnt ok. This is a difference in morals, just like vegans and non-vegans.
>>
>>39227779
this post implies animals have rights
>>
>>39232438
Lol @ your post implying that HUMANS have 'rights'
>>
>>39232431
>calling me a brainlet doesnt prove the argument wrong!
Nobody said it did, brainlet.

>more inane rambling that doesn't prove his point
Is it wrong to kill you for absolutely no reason and without justification?

>>39232438
OP doesn't imply that at all. However animals do have rights. This is why it's illegal to beat or torture an animal. Or starve an animal.
>>
Because I don't share the I live a 90% vegetarian 10 % carnivorous diet.

If being a vegan helps you cope with some of that crushing human guilt, good for you. To each his own way of coping, but the moment you take some moral highground over me to try to pressure me into changing my ways, I'm no longer listening.

I'm vegetarian because my roommate is. Not ONCE did he ever even encourage me to make the transition, he just went on with his vege life, merely showing me the health and financial benefit of balancing your diet and I followed put inspiring myself from his example. In contrast, here's my vegan friend. Good kid, but she's fucking obnoxious as fuck with her moral principles, she's 23 and already she thinks she's got it all figured out over everyone else and she won't shut the fuck up about how the world sucks because it's not how SHE would want it to be, so you can guess that every of her incredibly redundant vegan rants only makes me want to eat more animals.

I respect the choice to be vegan, but mych like any progressivist modern ideologies, I can't stand the fucking people who won't shut the fuck up about how everyone sucks and how much better they are than everybody else, because let me tell you what I think of you vegan pieces of shit. You are always insecure as fuck, anxious about your existence in the world because you were raised in white suburbia, away from the actual struggle you love to point to when you want bleeding heart cookies, so you need some form of religious like dogma to cling to in order to validate your existence because you can't deal with hiw cruel the world. You can't accept your place in this world as just some other sack of flesh, so you need some form of soap box to stand above everyone else.You're not vegan because it's better for the world, you're vegan because it's your best platform for intellectual and moral circlejerking with other idiots like you so you can spend days hating the "meat eaters".
>>
>>39232487
>outs of arguments
well its been fun! guess you can't counter what I have said. hopefully I have changed your mind and if not then I hope you learn to argue better or be less stubborn. have a nice day and learn not to commit those logical fallacies next time!
>>
It's really simple :

Ironically enough, although quitting eating meat is really good for your health, it turns out it's even better for the Animals health

It's a win-win
>>
>>39232596
>gets asked a question he can't answer because he knows it defeats his position
>LOL NO ARGUMENTS CYA
Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or me?

>>39232517
>long ass post that essentially boils down to a guilt by association fallacy
It's fucking nothing.
>>
Animals wouldn't spare me the pain if our roles were reversed, but as a sentient, relatively intelligent animal myself, I am aware of the fact that I can eat an animal without torturing it. The quality of the food it yields improves if it is well nourished and suffers minimal stress. That is tangible proof that compassion has a place in nature, along with the fact that some of the most successful life forms on the planet are eusocial.
>>
File: what the blyat.png (324KB, 795x1000px) Image search: [Google]
what the blyat.png
324KB, 795x1000px
>>39227779
because my iron levels are always low and my doctor said i need to eat more meat than the average person?
>>
I like meat

want everyone to be vegan? create something that's as good as meat but doesn't have any in it

until then fuck off
>>
>Mindless animals deserve to be eaten by me. Morality and compassion are subjective.
>I wonder why I can't get laid.
>>
>>39233112

>lol meat eaters are virgin.

Guilt tripping to ascended levels.
>>
>>39233029
Eat spinach then you fucking moron. Heme iron is bad for you anyway

>>39233291
He's talking about you specifically faggot
>>
What I'm sick of is meat eaters going "you can't compare humans to animals bro" and then going "but you're eating plants they have feelings too right xDD"
>>
>>39227779

My life is focused on pleasing myself, not you, neither the animals.
>>
>>39231381
>We're better than animals we deserve to be on top of the food chain, humans are above animals
>Oh but animals eat animals too which is somehow relevant
>>
The protein and iron myth is bullshit

Cows don't produce either

They STORE it, just like we do

Where do they get their protein and iron from green grass

Getting nutrients from meat is like getting water from feces

Very inefficient
>>
>>39231540
>Top of the food chain
>Gets his meat from a supermarket which was slaughtered by minimum wage workers in a factory that breeds animals and keeps them in captivity until they're old enough to die

Yeah, a real hunter you are
>>
It's irresponsible to claim a moral high ground because the very foundation of society (which nearly all of us benefit from) is built on the backs of other humans who suffer. No sensible person would virtue signal on the internet using a device made by exploited people. So most can not, and will not. I don't think that vegans in real life believe that they are better than other people, but having something you strongly believe in constantly treated as a joke is frustrating to no end.
>>
>>39233486

Why does it taste so good then? What does our body, our taste buds find in it that it tastes good?
>>
>>39231786
We've also had rape and murder forever. There's tribes where boys have to swallow the elders' cum to become men. Tradition isn't an excuse
>>
>>39233507
conditioning

try going without milk for a month and then have it again
>>
>>39233578

But I did. And it tasted just as good. Sorry, but you seem to be the conditioned one here, I just do what gives me satisfaction.
>>
>>39227779
Animals eat other animals. Go figure.
>>
>>39233427
Let's just be honest... Meat eaters have no leg to stand on, and their only viable argument is "I simply refuse to acknowledge the truth because I am insistent on my greedy stupidity and refusal to open my mind"
>>
>>39233649

When "opening your mind" means "obeying someone else with no profit", then yeah, fuck your mind and fuck your ideals. Go do it yourself
>>
File: 012254389.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
012254389.png
7KB, 420x420px
>mfw 6'6" vegan

Carnies are a fucking meme at this point
>>
>>39227841
Why would animals deserve to live a life with purpose when I don't get to live a life with purpose?
>>
>>39233645
Carnivorous animals do

yet we are OMNIVORES

you, in particular, are an overly effeminate omnivore
>>
>>39233694

I'd fuck an overly effeminate omnivore, I'll be honest. Especially if it's trying to be a vegan.
>>
THE CORRECT ANSWER WAS :

hahaha we bitchslapped the meat eaters ass again SO BAD
>>
>>39227779
Because they lost the evolutionary race and so they are food now
You better get some chicken in your mouth right now or you will also lose it and a thousand years from now maybe my descendents will be eating yours
>>
>>39233693
The difference between your life and chad is 100x smaller than the difference between your life and a animal in a factory farm.
>>
>>39227779
i was vegan for a week and i literally died
>>
>>39233364

I'm not a virgin. Opinion discarded.
>>
Wasn't Johnny Neptune in jail or something?
>>
Plan didnt work out for McGovern
http://www.macon.com/news/local/article140196378.html
>>
>>39228408
but if I want to taste another animal's flesh I will do it and no morals should be involved.
>>
>>39233849
Lol it worked out perfectly

Idiot
>>
>>39233456
Killing you would please me. This is acceptable according to your tard logic

>>39233507
*douses his meat in sauce, bread crumbs, marinades, seasoning and pairs it with drinks and sides*
Mmmm so fucking tasty bro

>>39233693
>fucks up his life
>makes poor decisions
>acts like an unlikeable autist
OMG WHY IS THIS HAPPENING SOMEONE MAKE MY LIFE PURPOSEFUL FOR ME

>>39233788
Who are you trying to fool? You or me?

>>39233872
Morals are involved whether you like it or not, child
>>
AGAIN: I'VE NEVER MET AN ANIMAL WHO LIED TO ME, STOLE FROM ME, SOLD ME CRAPPY OR FAKE DRUGS, PRETENDED TO BE MY FRIEND, BADMOUTHED ME, TRIED TO FUCK MY WIFE BEHIND MY BACK, OR BETRAYED ME IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM

only the two legged animals do that stuff
>>
I prefer keeping animals alive, letting them breed, and slaughtering them than committing a mass genocide of all farm animals on earth.
>>
>>39227779
>vegan
>healthy
>I need this supplement and I need this and this and THEN I can eat my wholesome and healthy vegan meal

fuck you mate
>>
>>39234000
What supplements do vegans need that omnivores don't also supplement for? What is unhealthy about veganism?
>>
Only homo sapiens can think. Everything else doesnt deserve life.
>>
Tried it once and i felt like shit
>>
File: IMG_20170822_144713.jpg (448KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_144713.jpg
448KB, 1200x1600px
>>39227779

I asked for it and it was so much that the rest is going to garbage, i bet u r mad as fuck
>>
File: 1502556997770.png (101KB, 740x982px) Image search: [Google]
1502556997770.png
101KB, 740x982px
"healthy" ok faggot. Show us your gains. Oh wait, your malnutritioned ass doesn't have any.
>>
It's okay because I am allergic to soy and nuts. Your move, vegans.
>>
>>39233948

You know, the vast majority of girls eat meat you retard, so your weak little bleeding heart argument for empathy is lost on everyone. It's like, in your mind, you think that all girls actually make this argument for not fucking a dude even though she probably ate a hamburger a few hours before. You don't think before you conjure your little guilt tripping con artist bullshit. Also, I'm vegetarian, even though that's about as bad to you people as being full on carnivorous, I have nothing to feel bad about my diet. I'm slowly transitioning into a vegan. My problem isn't with the way of life itself, which I strive to apply to my own, it's with self-important pieces of shit guilt trippung con artists like you who would rather force people to think like you do rather than encoyrage through example and let people take the decision by themselves. Veganism isn't a fucking religion so back off with all the fearmongering shit. Also, virgin shaming. Fucking REALLY? You're so confident in your argument and way of life that you had to stoop that low to get the message through. Congrats you fuckwit.
>>
>>39234082
Patrik Baboumian and Clarence Kennedy have gains.

>>39234096
>being so retarded you think veganism is a soy and nut diet

>>39234106
Settle down virgin. I'm not reading or replying to this on my phone lmao
>>
Did you know that there are "dead zones" in the ocean caused by chemical fertilisers? The kind of fertilizers that an all-vegan society would depend on to grow their food because natural fertilizers require livestock to be sustainable for food growth and using animal products/keeping livestock isn't very vegan. Then again, neither is killing off millions of organisms in the ocean.
>>
>>39234135
Soy and nuts are cited as the most common supplement for the lack of B vitamins and missing proteins. I physically cannot eat healthy and be vegan.
>>
>>39234161
>Soy and nuts are cited as the most common supplement for the lack of B vitamins and missing proteins
By who?

Also
>muh protein xD
>>
>>39234135

>not reading lol

Fucking trolls. Don't pretend like you want a discussion when you're not willing to listen to your interlocutor. I bet you're not even a real vegan.
>>
>>39234195
By vegans.
>muh protein
Protein is a necessary component of human tissue and needs to be obtained somehow through diet, or you'll be sick and malnourished. I'm starting to think you're not actually vegan, or you've only been doing it for a week if you don't know about the vegan protein struggle. Beans are another source. I'm also allergic to them.
>>
>>39234199
>tfw the autismo starts projecting and reeeing
Who said I wanted to debate with you specifically? I'm laying in bed on my phone while watching YouTube with my gf on her phone. Keep it short if you want any response
>>
>>39234250

>lol muh gf I'm so above all of this shit.

Keep pretending, virgin.
>>
>>39227841
>muh rights
>muh if I institute Supposition A which invalidates Argument a, then Argument a is invalid
>>
>>39234237
>By vegans
Nice blanket statement. I'm vegan and didn't say that

>vegan protein struggle
This is a shit troll. Why are faggots who are allergic to nuts always such insufferable cunts

>>39234269
>he continues projecting and reeeing
>>
>>39234096

Anon you don't have to eat soy and nuts. Are you gluten intolerant? There are protein-rich foods like Seitan. There are also beans and legumes. If you need a protein supplement, you can also get rice-based protein powders like Sunwarrior Protein.
>>
>>39234347
Bro he's allergic to everything. Didn't you read his posts?
>>
File: 1304206768836.png (83KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1304206768836.png
83KB, 377x377px
I'll become vegan the moment most vegans will have the same empathy towards their fellow man, that they have to the cow in a pen. Until then you're just self-righteous, virtue signaling preachers.
>>
>>39234392
What did he mean by this? What did the vegan do to you anon
>>
>>39234392

Who are you to cast aspersions and claim that all vegans are as bad as one another, or that all of them lack empathy towards other people? In general, vegans are vegans because they have the capacity to empathise with humans and see the similarity between animal consciousness and human consciousness.

>virtue signalling

This is just a meme term to dismiss anyone who makes a moral claim. There are vegans who aren't vocal about it, but you're never going to meet them because they don't mention it. The vegans you interact with are the ones who are speaking about it - and they have every right to express a moral viewpoint.

You're manipulative.
>>
>>39234285

>Meat eaters on this board are virgins because muh apathy
>huur duur stop projecting.
>>
File: no fun allowed.png (19KB, 558x263px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.png
19KB, 558x263px
>>39227779
False equivalence. Human needs and desires always will and should come before that of lesser animals. First and foremost is our need for continued survival which is impossible without consuming something that is or was alive.
And yes, animals are delicious as are some plants. What does it matter which one dies for my continued existence? It's possible to have a healthy diet with or without meats, though it's far more difficult to survive without.
I'm not complicating my life and denying myself what I like just so some unintelligent sack of meat (I mean lesser animals, not OP) will live longer.

But if you want to get sand in your vagina over the cruelty and absurdity of existence in general, have fun but don't drag others into it.
While you're at it, shed some tears for all the plants used in making your clothing/furniture/housing or perhaps for the countless millions of LIVING bacteria that your body is killing right now.
>>
By the way, milk is TERRIBLE for you

Humans are the only species that drinks milk after infancy AND the only species that drinks the milk of another species
>>
>>39234486
I never said that. I said you're a virgin. Your defensiveness confirms this is true.

>>39234501
>humans need meat
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>39234521

>It's ok when I project.

Ok, virgin.
>>
>>39234530
>I no u r but wut am I xD
You're projecting again, anon
>>
>>39233456
That says a lot about the type of person you are and it's not good.
>>
>>39234530
It's plain as day the fool is just trying to troll. Not even funposting, just tryharding anything for a response. Report for violating global rule 3 and move on.
>>
>>39227779
But rape is fine, the weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>39234584
>replying to yourself
>thinking reports and bans do anything
Lmao
>>
File: 1350161221512.jpg (83KB, 1124x720px) Image search: [Google]
1350161221512.jpg
83KB, 1124x720px
>>39234451

>In general, vegans are vegans because they have the capacity to empathise with humans and see the similarity between animal consciousness and human consciousness.

I sure hope you have something to support this claim. In my experience, people who are vegans are often people who like attention and treat veganism as a hip trend to follow. And not unlike a hip trend to follow, they want to socialize and diversify them from other people. And since empathy towards animals is seen as virtuous, they use that for some extra feel-good points. Hence virtue signalling.

Also societal trends and their perceptions are formed by the active and vocal.
>>
>>39234451
They are vegans because it's hip and cool to fake moralists, they don't give a shit about the suffering of plants.
>>
>>39234137
I did not know that fact. It is interesting and certainly raises some questions about the applicability of veganism on a large scale. I think most of the damage done to the environment simply comes from an overpopulation of humans, and sadly that is only looking to get worse in the coming decades.
>>
>>39234684
Plants have no brain and lack sentience. They can't suffer. Why are carnies so brain dead
>>
>>39234501
>Human needs and desires always will and should come before that of lesser animals
Why?
>>
>>39234668

I responded to you once and i'm not going to bother responding to this second comment. You're rationalising your own weakness.

>>39234684

Same for you. I never became a vegan because of it being 'hip'. Who the fuck even thinks that way? Even the most annoying vegans i've spoken to are just overly righteous about it, rather than in it for the hipster points. Dismissing all vegans, and avoiding becoming a vegan yourself because some vegans MIGHT be doing it for instagram followers makes you pathetic. It's also pathetic to characterise most or even any large proportion of vegans this way.
>>
File: 1305326253902.jpg (59KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
1305326253902.jpg
59KB, 800x604px
>>39234407

He cares more about the feels of a cow, than the feels of the troubled pimple-faced kid who the class bullied so much he ended up with mental health conditions that will be there until they plant him.

Also I like meat and hate moral preachers and hypocrites.
>>
>>39234751
>posts an anecdote containing a single vegan
>mentioned most vegans earlier
Did the bullying make you retarded anon?
>>
>>39234751
>Also I like meat and hate moral preachers and hypocrites
So which is it? Mean vegan or the fact that you like meat that you won't go vegan
>>
File: 1308438778702.jpg (58KB, 386x359px) Image search: [Google]
1308438778702.jpg
58KB, 386x359px
>>39234774

I'm directly referring to (You). Did the bull cock lobotomize you?
>>
>>39234830
Why would I care more about you who leeches from society and pays to have things killed for his pleasure than an innocent animal which grazes on grass?
>>
>>39234807
Not mean, just obnoxious. And why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahl_IzwVDJM
>>
>>39234830
Also how does that negate what I said? I don't represent most vegans. Stop being sensitive lmao
>>
>>39234878
>pretending it's both
So intellectually dishonest
>please care about me tho!
>>
File: 1502970342601.jpg (98KB, 269x328px) Image search: [Google]
1502970342601.jpg
98KB, 269x328px
>animals have rights too!
>watch a webm of a lioness rip the dick off another animal
>>
>>39234950
>I'm a lion tho xD
Why do people always mention lions like it constitutes an argument
>>
File: 1319789015974.jpg (85KB, 548x630px) Image search: [Google]
1319789015974.jpg
85KB, 548x630px
>>39234877
>Why would I care more about you who leeches from society
Projecting is bad for your mental health man. All of that healthy diet will go to waste if you kill yourself.

>>39234892
>I don't represent most vegans.
But you sure like to make general statements about them.

>Stop being sensitive lmao
I'm not the one sympathizing with a cannibalistic species here mate :^)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism_in_poultry
>>
>>39234743

I know tons of chill vegans, but, in general, when it comes to, say, social gathering, I only meet one amongst 10 who is not a hippie circlejerker who preaches on and on about muh empathy while using a dehumanizing term such as meat eater to more easily be able to shit all over them without having to think about the fact that he's belittling other human beings. You are right, not every vegan should be put in the same basket, but I understand why they are because my own vegan to vegan experience is the same as his. I guess that's what happens when you primarily hang around downtown hipsters coming from semi-bourgeois white suburbia who are dying to find the next trend to feel superior over others. I don't know, maybe I'm too much of a fence sitter. I get accused of that pretty frequently because I never wanna involve myself with groups of people I share values with because I share values with most of every group, but it might just be me, but I feel like there is a rising sentiment of totalitarian elitism in almost every groups of people who are reunited by a common value or cause and I hate seeing things in black and white. For example, there was this butcher downtown who, for 2 months straight, was the victim of heavy vandalism from vegans and when I tried to make the argument that such actions changed nothing and only contributed to putting someone on the street, they proudly declared that he deserves it, that I'm a traitor for taking his defense and that nobody should care about "someone who contributes to the meat industry.". Someone even advocated stalking him to his home to carry the vandalism there too. Forgive me if things like that makes me want to completely dissociate myself from vegans as a group because I don't want to spend my entire life justifying myself and saying "Oh I'm not like THESE vegans. This is why I no longer invest myself in any group or label. I'd rather shut up, keep to myself and lead by example.
>>
>>39235033
This is literally the shittiest post in this entire thread.
>>
>>39235036
>he wrote a novel again
>>
>>39227779

To be a vegan is to shed your earned right as a superior species in evolution, to be able to relate to inferior species.

You're so pathetic, weak, and a failed representation of humanity that your ONLY weapon is a weak set of moral codes (which hinge on being accepted by dissenters) that say: "I am superior because pain is bad. I choose not to inflict pain, therefore I am superior".

1) I reject your notion of superiority
2) I reject your notion that pain is bad.
3) I reject your notion of superiority

Now you have nothing. Since you're a vegan, you're also powerless. There is no such thing as an alpha vegan.

As long as meat-eaters exist, you'll always be an afterthought. That is, until cannibalism becomes a thing. Then vegans will be my first choice, because they are less likely to fight back due to malnourishment.
>>
File: 1321018705706.jpg (332KB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
1321018705706.jpg
332KB, 1280x881px
>>39234908
>Intellectually dishonest
Careful with the big words. You don't want to overexert that little chicken brain of yours :^)

>please care about me tho!
Please give me attention tho! Please pay attention to my cause tho!
>>
Most people really don't think deeply about moral questions. They don't even know what words like "deontology" or "syllogism" mean and have only vague conceptions of the ideas those words represent.
>>
>>39227779
DOWN WITH THE VEGAN AGENDA!!!

https://youtu.be/mz_f9rhzXsE
>>
File: 1426992330631.jpg (50KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1426992330631.jpg
50KB, 406x364px
I find no fault with the logic of vegans, I just don't care enough to change my lifestyle.
>>
>>39227779
Humans are omnivores. Without eating meat and animal products, we'd have to take supplements to try to make up for the lack of nutrition.

I find it easier to just eat a balanced omnivorous diet instead.
>>
>>39235137
If pain is not bad, why is eating meat then good?
>>
>>39235186
>Without eating meat and animal products, we'd have to take supplements to try to make up for the lack of nutrition
What nutrition?
>>
>>39235262
B-12, B-6, K-2 vitamin D, Testosterone hormones.
>>
>>39235135

Nigga I'll write whatever I want. Stop fishing for attention by feeling special for not being able to read a paragraph. Reading actual novels must be a struggle for you if anything diverting from epig maymays shatter your attention span.
>>
File: white power.png (325KB, 1578x1322px) Image search: [Google]
white power.png
325KB, 1578x1322px
>>39227779
Can someone do a Virgin and Chad Vegan meme similar to this?
>>
>>39235287
B12 is supplemented in animal feed. It's made only by Bacteria.

There is more B6 in chickpeas than beef retard

K2 isn't essential.

Vitamin d comes from the sun retard.

Testosterone is produced endogenously. You are dumb af.
>>
>>39235320
>chad vegan
you faggots really are delusional, you're too beta to even kill animals and eat them.
>>
File: samurai.jpg (23KB, 290x324px) Image search: [Google]
samurai.jpg
23KB, 290x324px
>>39235359
Not a vegan. favorite food would be a homemade Big Mac.
>>
>>39235352
Oh boy we have real retard here.

Foods that provide vitamin D include:
Fatty fish, like tuna, mackerel, and salmon.
Foods fortified with vitamin D, like some dairy products, orange juice, soy milk, and cereals.
Beef liver.
Cheese.
Egg yolks.
>>
>Saying "sex feels good" as a justification for engaging in casual sex is pretty much the same argument as saying eating cupcakes are good because they're yummy.

>Civilized people castrate themselves.
>>
>>39235383
What did he mean by this post? Does he think vitamin D isn't synthesised by your skin when in contact with UV
>>
>>39227779
My girlfriend is vegan, which pretty much makes me vegan.
>>
>>39235410
Do you still think vitamin D only comes from the sun?
>>
>>39227779
>having to explain myself to some vegan shill that makes weekly shit threads
>"b-b-but muh moralfaggotry"
Listen here, nigger, fuck your brainlet animals and fuck you. If I can eat them, I'll eat them.
>>
>>39235427
The point is you don't need to eat meat to get it, you moron.
>>
>>39235427
? What is the point your trying to make? Do you eat dirt for B12 because it's a source of it? Do you eat your own shit for B12? Who cares if you can get it elsewhere? Your argument was that you'd need to supplement for it on a vegan diet. I proved you didn't lol
>>
File: haha.png (554KB, 797x595px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
554KB, 797x595px
>>39235425
Your gf controls everything?
>>
>>39235287
Do you watch Roaming Millennial by any chance?
>>
File: deer hunt.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
deer hunt.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>39235464
>Do you eat dirt for B12 because it's a source of it?
Yes the bacteria from raw food provides this and it's beneficial in small quantities.
> Your argument was that you'd need to supplement for it on a vegan diet
Vegans live on supplements all the fucking time, it just goes to show how unhealthy to gaunts really are.
>>
>>39235537
Shit bait tbqhfamalam
>>
>>39227779
I dont care about animal
>>
>>39227779
Hunt vegans they're grass eating prey.

https://youtu.be/--dh2oBPSzQ
>>
>>39235559
Excellent rebuttal. You really made me look bad.
>>
>>39235602
It has already been rebutted brainlet
>>
>>39231751
In his area he is an apex preditor.
>>
>>39235623
>Brainlet
You're too stupid to even realize that you're supposed eat animals, when it's a basic human function. You're an unnatural urbanite, eat some damn beef.
>>
>>39235482
No, she doesn't stop me from eating meat if I want. But since she's always eating vegan I usually end up eating vegan too.
>>
>>39235667
>gets emotional when proven wrong
Sad tbqh
>>
File: Natural living.jpg (140KB, 899x597px) Image search: [Google]
Natural living.jpg
140KB, 899x597px
>>39235711
You proved nothing, you merely decided to revert to ad hominem remarks.
>>
Supplements DO NIT absorb into our systems

In fact, in sewage treatment plants everywhere, hundreds of millions of vitamins are found totally undigested, in their whole form...

These supplements simply do not absorb into our system but they sure make millions of dollars for their manufacturers to refrain from telling you about their ineffective qualities...

As far as Vitamin D goes.. the vitamin D in milk is actually obtained from the Sun and is stored in the cows... Similar to the way we try to obtain protein from cows who have stored it from eating grass

However there are many parts of the world where do to Elevation and other attributes the sun doesn't actually deliver the vitamin D to us and many people are deficient in particular black people

Lol # calling blacks 'people'
>>
>>39233578
I go on long backbacking trips about once a year. Milk tastes even better when I get back.
>>
Hunting humans for food would solve so many of the worlds problems.
Starvation solved
over population solved
the meat industry solved
the meme that human lives matter more than animal lives solved
the middle east solved
niggers solved
jews solved
christians solved
muslims solved
low iq voters solved
evolution halted due to protecting the lives of the weak and stupid solved
>>
File: sketch-1503417580230.png (274KB, 720x1040px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1503417580230.png
274KB, 720x1040px
>>39233790
Yes, that is correct
>be me, your favorite subhuman Johnny Neptune
>Be homeless cause holding a job is immoral
>still need money though
>hatch a brilliant plan
>steal a phone from some chump
>smash the screen
>walk into dunkin donuts leave broken phone in building, exit and come back later
>REEEEEE at manager, "You big bad corporation broke my phone!"
>demand $1k gibmedats or else will sue
>manager laughs at me and tells me to leave the property
>I spend 3 months harassing dunkin donuts employees
>send manager a hail marry text demanding my gibmedats or I wil go to the courthouse.
>to my surprize manager agrees, wants to meet at courthouse.
>I arrive but a fucking cop is waiting for me.
>manager comes out with a smile on his face
>the bastard set me up
>can't afford 20% of the 5k bail so I go to jail
>angry at the world so I shitpost about veganism when I get out.
>>
>>39234513
And look how much better humans are than other species.
>>
>>39228408
So you're saying bears shouldn't be allowed to eat salmon?
>>
>>39231941
I don't own nor ever plan to own a pet because I don't fucking like them. Don't project your hyper-sympathetic mindset onto me your tripcode thunderfaggot
>>
>>39235320
>Skinhead
>Has hair
>>
>>39227779
meat eaters are the serial killers, they kill a few animals here and there to survive and be healthy

vegans are the stalins, they kill thousands and millions of animals through farming, transportation, pollution, etc.

it is actually morally wrong to be a vegan
>>
The "animals eat other animals" argument is invalid because animals don't have the mental capacities to understand the moral dilemmas of their actions. We as humans do have those abilities so we have a responsibility to act on them.
>>
>>39233693
You have a chance to be successful. You choose sit in your room everyday masturbating to My Little Ponies.

These animals have no choice in the matter.
>>
File: no guilt.jpg (350KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
no guilt.jpg
350KB, 1920x1200px
>>39236678
There's 0 moral dilemma when it comes to eating animals, we kill and we eat. Nothing more to it.
>>
Even amongst vegans there is a struggle to define ourselves as the most ecolo friendly.

"Well I'm vegan and I buy locally grown crops!"
"Well I'm vegan and I buy BIO locally grown crops without pesticide!"
"Well I grow my own biological crops fertilized with my own shit!"

So if the actual goal of the race is to find the most ecolo friendly way of living, let me introduce the absolute best solution:

Suicide.

By commiting suicide you reduce.
Pollution
Over population
Your ecologic footprint
world hunger
stupidity
and you return to the earth, feeding plants and animals alike.

This objectively the best service you can grant to the ecosystem.
>>
>>39236678
>understand the moral dilemmas of their actions

There is no moral dimension to what animals do you fucking moron
>>
>>39237030
There is a moral dilemma. Animals can suffer. Willingly causing suffering is immoral.
>>
>>39227779
Humans are the best species on this planet no matter what moralfags say. What do animals do other than walking around eating grass and fucking each other?
>>
>>39237391
No reason to worry about the emotions of a steak on my plate.
>>
I eat meat everyday I've said multiple times I'd go vegetarian or even vegan for a gf.
>Still no gf
>>
>>39237417
Need doesn't dictate morals.
>>
>>39237465
>i'd go vegetarian or vegan for a gf
beta
>>
>>39237289
good toast 11/10
>>
>>39237505

On the contrary, the only reason you would preach one moral stance so vehemently like you're doing is because you feel there is a pressing need to do so
>>
>>39237639
That is just sophistry. Your position is "I don't care", which I'm not going to argue against, but this position can be applied to all matters of morality, not just animal welfare.
>>
>>39236197
Actually I wasNOT 'homeless'
I was renting from a sheriff's department deputy... However, she was replacing the air conditioner unit and all the kitchen stuff (refrigerator and stove, etc)

I told the arresting officer that I was "technically homeless" for four more days, when I was moving back into the apt with my wife

On March 4th, a Dunkin Donuts employee tried to STEAL my badass 6" phone while she was on duty, wearing the Dunkin donuts uniform.. I never 'left' my phone there.

I called the police and demanded they obtain the video to show the theft

The employee tried to hide the phone in the men's room while I talked to the deputy outside

We found it in the men's room garbage can, under the plastic garbage bag, now with a cracked screen

For two weeks I tried negotiating with the manager, to no avail. I wanted the repair fee ($100) paid. I threatened civil litigation, with punitive damages ($25,000 small claims court)

Finally, on March 20th, I had enough. On the way to the courthouse, I stopped off at Dozier Law Firm to ask an attorney if writing an out of court settlement was legal. He assured me it was COMPLETELY LEGAL...

five minutes later, I was charged criminally for practicing my right to seek civil remedy in a civil courtroom.

This is unconstitutional

But they dropped the charges

I'm out

And I did my time like a man

ANY QUESTIONS?

by the way, I didn't 'NEED the money'...

I had $4,410 in my bank account

I allowed my wife to access these funds while I was incarcerated so she'd have a roof over her head...

but there was no reason why 'I' should pay the $100 repair fee, because I didn't break it...
>>
I only eat bird meat because birds are nature's vegetables
>>
>>39237776
Birds are lizards
>>
>>39227779
We've been raising animals for food since at least Mesopotamian times. Modern humans need meat protein to live a healthy life, eating meat is nothing novel or shocking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_agriculture
>>
File: 1500508707518.jpg (313KB, 1221x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1500508707518.jpg
313KB, 1221x1223px
>thread about veganism is top thread on /r9k/
>the next top one is about getting fucked in the ass
>the next one thank god is a woman hate thread
>>
>>39227779
vegans are the trannies of the culinary world.
>>
>>39237920 there is absolutely nothing valid about your statement climbing man needs to eat meat to stay healthy... In fact quite the opposite is true...

Friday cage now we have realized that eating a meat based diet is extremely detrimental to our health

So....

What are you serious on bloodletting?

You're going to crash and burn, you might as well go ahead and do it in a big way
>>
>>39238016
I'm willing to bet you pronounce 'culinary' like this :

CULL - IN - ARY

but it's actually pronounced KYOO-LIN-ARY

it's not pronounced PUHL IT ZER PRIZE

it's PULITZER PRIZE

and it's CULINARY (cue-lin-ary)

Faggot
>>
>>39237920
Lol @ my speech to text messing up

Normally, I'd care enough to proofread it

But not for YOU
>>
>>39238071
not him but this autistic post made you look like the faggot
>>
>39238021
I'm not even validating this with a (you), but there's a reason many if not all vegans need supplements (AKA fake proteins and amino acids) with their diet, and it's not because they're taking them for fun. Human are by definition omnivore, and therefore need meat and greens to survive.

Look, I'm not arguing for a full-on steak-and-butter meal every time you get hungry, but denying basic high school science is downright idiotic and short-sighted. It's not only evolutionarily beneficial to eat meat, it was downright required by our ancestors, grandfathers and everyone in between.
>>
Enjoy your iron deficiency and paralysis faggot
>>
>>39227779
Said this before, I'll say it again: vae victis. Let them develop opposable thumbs and harness the power of the atom. Until then, get in my belly and stop complaining. I will show you mercy if I wish.
>>
File: consider.png (94KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
94KB, 256x250px
>>39227779
Because animals are not self aware.

Also, all those fruits and vegetables have to be grown somewhere. Which means large sections of native ecosystems are completely destroyed to make room to grow them.

I'd rather be a monster for eating eats steaks every day than a monster who contributed to the extinction of rare and endangered species.
>>
>>39238572
Some animals are more self-aware than some humans. Grown pigs are more intelligent than human children below the age of 3.
>>
File: 1493834474504.jpg (48KB, 783x677px) Image search: [Google]
1493834474504.jpg
48KB, 783x677px
>>39238596
That isn't saying much to be honest.
>>
>>39238666
Are you okay with toddlers being farmed for organs?
>>
>>39228408
No, you fucking retard, omnivores CAN'T survive on an entirely plant based diet. If we could, we would be herbivores instead.
>>
>>39238737
That's not how to define omnivore. We are omnivores because we can digest and extract nutrion from both plants and animals.
>>
>>39227779
Surlz? Stop bothering people
>>
>>39227779

This is an argument for vegan or vegetarianism. I've yet to hear any compelling arguments for veganism specifically.

>but even egg-laying chickens and dairy cows live in inhumane conditions
Not always. You can research dairy and egg brands before you purchase them. Animal rights groups do exposes on farm conditions all the time, so there's a greater general awareness of where these practices are occurring and which brands are safe to trust.
>>
That's that animal's purpose. To be eaten by humans. Life isn't fair. Only sheltered idiots believe that there is some kind of ethical order to the universe. That just because you're alive you're entitled to anything.
>>
>>39238867
You are not a good person. Blox.
>>
>>39231584
>>39231584
Animals, as in non-human animals, are not human. There's no reason to apply moral equivalency. Slaughtering a cow doesn't harm a person's social standing since there's no threat of him slaughtering a fellow human.
>>
>>39231615
The reason why animals eat shit is to ensure that their digestive tract is properly colonized by beneficial bacteria that A: keeps their immune system strong and B: helps digest their food. This starts when they are infants, such as the koala who needs the beneficial bacteria in order to gain as much nutrients out of eucalyptus leaves and possible. It then simply becomes a habit that they carry on with their entire lives.

We humans do not need to do this because we gain all our beneficial bacteria from our mothers skin while nursing. And even if we didn't. We can simply purchase probiotic yogurts when we get old enough.

So no, all of the health risks that come with eating feces aren't worth it due to being able to gain the exact same health benefits somewhere else.
>>
>>39231678
Not only that, but if the abrahamic god is truly the one god that created us all, then where the fuck has he been through out the vast majority of history?

Why did humanity only start to worship him relatively recently in the time span of man kind? Why wasn't he there from the start?
>>
>>39227779
why do you eat vegetables they are life too. you should just fucking kill yourself so you stop killing living beings you fucking retarded mouthbreather
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 426x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 426x492px
The /r9gay/ sluts swallow dicks less willingly than you dumbasses swallowed this bait
>>
>>39227779
I never gave it much thought but ever since vegans started doing shit like OP's pic related i've become more and more callous to the plight of animals out of sheer hate for vegan attitudes.

I'd never kill a person but i'd kill a vegan just to rid the world of them and their shitty behavior.
>>
>>39227841
I'd strangle every last chimpanzee on the planet with my bare hands to save one human life.

Humans are worth more. Animals can never come close to equaling human life.
>>
>>39239919
Why are humans worth more to you?
>>
>>39239919
Lol @ you having it all backwards

Fucking idiot
>>
>>39239039
I don't believe in ANYTHING...

Not just 'god'...

I refuse to believe in ANY THING AT ALL
>>
>>39227779
being vegan is the superior way to live. everything else is a bit primitive and weak.
>>
My pleasure is more important than an animal's life.

You acknowledge that animal lives are inherently inferior to human lives, so if you try to argue otherwise against the above argument, you're just being arbitrary.

Now, fuck off.
>>
>>39234501
>>39233427
LIKE ABSOLUTE POTTERY
>>
>>39227779
wtf i like original rape now?
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>39231583
>Stirner never advocated hedonism - he was advocating freedom from the various manipulative lies and ideologies which seek to control the 'self' from outside.

You mean like veganism, which would love to control what I like to eat? You can jerk off with words all you like, but at the end of the day, I'll still be eating meat because, guess what? My pleasure is more important to me than the suffering a dumb animal has to endure to end up as my tendies.
>>
>>39241079
>>39241255
Humans are animals too
What makes your pleasure so much more valuable than another animal's life?
>Meat is so incredibly tasty that I could never stop eating it
Have you heard of the impossible burger?
You're a slave
>>
>>39241324
>What makes your pleasure so much more valuable than another animal's life?
What makes an animal's life that much more valuable than my pleasure?

Are humans more important to you than an animal? Between saving a random human and saving a random animal, would you always save the animal? Yes? Good, we've established that human lives are more important.

Which means whichever meaning we give to animal lives past this point is arbitrary. Which means neither side has a leg to stand on. Which means you're just being a preachy little shit for the sake of it and don't actually have any objectively valid points.
>>
>>39227779
>comparing man to animals
this is why nobody will support you whackjob fucks. If you think humanity is a disease then kick-off the cause by killing yourselves.
>>
>>39241363
>would you always save the animal?
Human*, obviously.
>>
One day you'll see value systems for what they really are. Maybe. I don't know. Probably not.
>>
>>39241363
Would you torture a retard? Or rape one? You can't answer my question and instead you try and ask counter questions. Why is your pleasure so valuable to you? Is your pleasure that overwhelmingly strong and rare that the suffering and pain an animal has to go through doesn't compare to your pleasure? I'd save animal over a bad person and I'd save a good person over an animal.
>>
>>39241717
>Would you torture a retard? Or rape one?
They're human beings, what kind of retarded question is that? Of course not. Don't ignore my points, you fucking gargoyle.

>Is your pleasure that overwhelmingly strong and rare that the suffering and pain an animal has to go through doesn't compare to your pleasure?
Yes

>I'd save animal over a bad person
I wouldn't. At best, I'd let them both die.
>>
>>39241752
What points? You can't answer my question. Humans are animals too, are we some kind of chosen creatures? What do we have that makes us so high above all the other animals? Killer whales have more developed emotions than humans do, does that factor in? Or does being human just magically mean that every little part of us is infinitely more important than any animals'?
>>
>>39241832
>What do we have that makes us so high above all the other animals?
Spoken language, rationality, consciousness. A large number of things, actually.

>Or does being human just magically mean that every little part of us is infinitely more important than any animals'?
Yes, the species barrier is a thing. You take care of your own.

Inb4
>b-by that logic then racism is valid too
No. Species, not races.
>>
>>39241883
Humans aren't rational, all animals are conscious, and plenty of animals can communicate.

>You take care of your own
We can take care of humans without having to slaughter animals the way we do.

What's your obsession with species? Again, why does it make such a big difference? We all feel suffering the same, animals are intelligent and they are capable of realizing they're going to die just as much as we do. Slaughtering and torturing animals hurts them physically and emotionally the same way it hurts humans, so why should that suffering be incomparable to your pleasure?
>>
>>39241978
>Humans aren't rational,
Delusional

>all animals are conscious
No they're not, do you even know what that term means? The only animals that are remotely aware of their existence are chimps and even so, it still hasn't been proven

>and plenty of animals can communicate.
And none of them communicate via a spoken language whilst we have thousands of them, all of which equal in complexity which suggests it's a biological thing exclusive to our species, why are you missing the point?

>We can take care of humans without having to slaughter animals the way we do.
And we take BETTER care of humans by slaughtering animals since the pleasure of eating meat is what most humans want.

>What's your obsession with species?
Every human being inherently acknowledges that their life and every human life on the planet is worth more in general than a random animal's life. That's why species is a valid standard to go by.

Beyond establishing that humans are superior to animals, everything past this point is arbitrary and so are the arguments that both sides make, this is what I stated like two posts ago. You're just too clueless to see that your points are just as valid or invalid as a meat-eaters'.

>so why should that suffering be incomparable to your pleasure?
Read above.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-07-09-35-01.png (325KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-07-09-35-01.png
325KB, 540x960px
>This thread autism
>>
i can't wait for aliens to show up and eat us all, it's justified cause they're smarter than us for being able to travel through space and find other planets with life
>>
>>39242352
Well, we can classify as "Sentient Life"
Which means we are able to doubt learn and communicate
So if they have a little touch of moral they will just enslave us.
>>
>>39227779
COZ I DO WOT I WANT MATE
>>
>>39242094
>Every human being inherently acknowledges that their life and every human life on the planet
It's an arbitary barrier. If animals are smarter than humans they are worth more. If a chimp is smarter than a mentally impaired person, then that chimp should be afforded more rights than the mentally impaired person.
Neither should be the victim of unnecessary suffering for the pleasure of anyone.
>>
>>39242352
They wouldn't if they had our logic since we're smart enough to be aware of our existence as a species and be very much aware of what's going on. (that being were all getting eaten) It's not relative, it's just set at a certain bar.
>>
>>39242094
Psycho and behavioural economics shows that humans are, in fact, not rational. For example cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias, etc. You're delusional.

conscious
adjective
aware of and responding to one's surroundings.

All animals are conscious. Is English not your first language?

Dolphins communicate vocally, in clicks and whistles. There are recent studies showing that they have conversations just like we do. I must be missing the point because I fail to see how our spoken languages makes us so superior. There are animals that can run faster than us, there are animals that can fly, hear better, smell better, and there is a huge amount of species that can communicate with each other. Why is the emphasis here on spoken language? Again, we are also animals, and there are animals that can do incredible things. We learned how to make bullet proof vests because of spider silk. We learned how to make airplanes because of birds. Does one trait make them superior? Is any animal truly superior? And if our species really is truly superior, why should we still prey on other animals when we don't have to?

We really don't take better care of humans by slaughtering animals the way we do. Pumping animals full of hormones and antibiotics, it's no wonder things like red meat are linked to high cancer rates. Factor in the environment, like overfishing, and the incredible wastefulness of the meat industry, which causes things like the pfiesteria outbreak, and we are not taking care of humans at all.
>>
>>39242680
>Psycho and behavioural economics shows that humans are, in fact, not rational. For example cognitive dissonance, confirmation bias, etc. You're delusional.
Humans aren't inherently rational but they are capable of rationality, are you dumb?

>aware of and responding to one's surroundings.
Not the philosophical meaning.

>Dolphins communicate vocally, in clicks and whistles.
Not a spoken language. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

>I must be missing the point because I fail to see how our spoken languages makes us so superior.
I don't know, how about you look at human civilization and ask yourself if spoken language isn't the main reason it exists?

> Is any animal truly superior?
Not the point. Of course no being is objectively superior. The point is that humans perceive them as superior. EVERY human does, otherwise you would give animals the same rights in a human society as you give humans. Again, you wouldn't prioritize saving a random animal you knew nothing about over a random human you knew nothing about.

>We really don't take better care of humans by slaughtering animals the way we do. Pumping animals full of hormones and antibiotics, it's no wonder things like red meat are linked to high cancer rates. Factor in the environment, like overfishing, and the incredible wastefulness of the meat industry, which causes things like the pfiesteria outbreak, and we are not taking care of humans at all.
That has nothing to do with the ethics of killing animals and everything to do with the conditions of the meat industry. Irrelevant to the point, you only need to know where to buy from, or just produce your own food.

>>39242512
The fact that you acknowledge it's arbitrary already invalidates your conclusion. How can you conclude this
>Neither should be the victim of unnecessary suffering for the pleasure of anyone.
Is it based on your feelings and nothing else?
>>
File: 1501521389235.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1501521389235.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>39228408
Say that to an eskimoe who eats 95% meat. Everyone isnt a skinny beta who can suvive on plants alone.
>>
>>39227779
wow thats a crazy argument. guess ill throw away all the meat in my house then
>>
>>39242777
>Is it based on your feelings and nothing else?
It is based on my principles. Pleasure can never outweight pain, only wisdom can outweigh pain. As such, only the gain of wisdom can provide justification for suffering. If there was only pleasure and pain, then I would subscribe to anti-natalism.
I therefore know, that is wrong for animals to suffer so other animals can feel pleasure.
I am not for forcing animals to not follow their instincts, but I will say that with the degree that the human animal has overpopulated the Earth, some pest-control is in order.
>>
>>39242935
As unrealistic as it may sound, he would be so cool if one of these days you suddenly learn how to spell the word 'Eskimo' correctly....
>>
File: 1495567495361 (1).jpg (95KB, 788x608px) Image search: [Google]
1495567495361 (1).jpg
95KB, 788x608px
>>39243223
EskimoE is spelled differently in different parts of Europe, and you are still a faggot with no argument.
>>
>>39227779
People should eat LESS meat yeah, but not forego it entirely.
Veganism is impossible to live off of. You need some form of animal-based food one way or another. Even if you take supplements, those are taken from animal products.

Trust me, I wish I could be vegan but that's not the way humanity evolved. We are omnivores, and unless you can figure out a way to instantly evolve humans into herbivores on a massive scale, that's not changing.
>>
>>39242777
>My brain works in an irrational way and has various subconscious irrational biases but I am am capable of being rational because I think so
What's the difference between our rationality and an animal's? We're both equally slaves to our own biology and instincts. Even you, since you apparently don't have the willpower to go against your own tastebuds, you're a literal example of an irrational bias.

>Muh philosophical definition

There are Africans tribes that communicate in clicks and whistles too, and they are human. Arbitrary point.

>Spoken language
>Not the birth of agriculture
Us humans were hunter gatherers before agriculture came along. Care to point out all the great hunter gatherer civilizations? Or maybe the catalyst was farming, since all these civilizations sprouted out of fertile areas. Hmm, I wonder...

Now you have just gone completely of the goop.
>No animal is objectively superior
>Humans perceive them as superior
And you claim that humans act rationally, yet here you are touting an irrational assumption, which somehow makes the basis for your entire argument.
>Beyond establishing that humans are superior to animals
>Oh they're not objectively superior
Solid backtracking

Why bring up what's good for humans when it's not a point then?
>We take better care of humans
>Proven we don't take better care of humans
>Uuuhh it wasn't a point to start off with
>>
>>39243639
Eh, we started in that direction already. White people have white skin because they evolved to take in vitamin D because they were farmers and didn't get enough from meat, so they got it from the sun instead.
>>
>>39243870
>There are Africans tribes that communicate in clicks and whistles too, and they are human. Arbitrary point.
No, they communicate via a language which happens to include and be made of clicks and whistles. A language has rules, that's why we classify bee dances as a language, dolphin communication does not have rules, thus it's not a spoken language.
>>
>>39227779
I'm not vegan because I enjoy meat too much, it's not that I think it is an sufficent excuse, it is just that I openly accept that contradiction in my morality and eat meat anyway.

Also I don't get veganism as opposed to vegantarianism, I get not eating meat since I understand that sentient creatures have the right to live, but I am not convinced by the argument leveled by vegans that any kind of agriculture or domestication of animals is slavery. We collect products from animals that are naturally produced by them and in return we provide and fulfill their biological needs with food, children, shelter, and medicine. This attitude is reflected in nature and biology with with neutral/beneficial coexistence between many species and this behavior should not be excluded with humans and cows, bees, chickens, etc. Keep in mind that this is not an argument in favor of animal abuse, which I do not support.
>>
>>39243870
>Even you, since you apparently don't have the willpower to go against your own tastebuds, you're a literal example of an irrational bias.
Oh, I do. I just don't want to.

>There are Africans tribes that communicate in clicks and whistles too, and they are human. Arbitrary point.
Read >>39243935, he got the gist of it.

>Us humans were hunter gatherers before agriculture came along. Care to point out all the great hunter gatherer civilizations? Or maybe the catalyst was farming, since all these civilizations sprouted out of fertile areas. Hmm, I wonder...
Language predates farming, dumbass.

>Solid backtracking
Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall. My original post was about how the whole fucking thing is arbitrary, yet you can't comprehend this much?

>Why bring up what's good for humans when it's not a point then?
It IS a point, you dumbass. Our PLEASURE in eating meat is beneficial to humans, because that's what humans want. Our HEALTH, what you brought up, isn't something relevant to the morality of killing animals, the subject of discussion, it's relevant to the meat industry.
>>
>>39227779
i bet you drive a prius moralfag
>>
>>39244028
Lmfao
>He got the gist of it
>Says bee dancing is a language
Well there you go, animals have language.
Although it seems arbitrary if animals can talk and communicate anyways, why should specifically a spoken languages matter if they can get the point across, if you wanna talk about arbitrary there it is

>Language predates farming
Where were the great civilizations before farming came along? Did language create these civilizations? No. Farming.

>Humans want pleasure and don't want good health or the ability to survive in the long run

>Blabla arbitrary
Arbitrary under the biased and irrational assumption that one type of animal is inherently superior to all others
>>
If animals don't want to be eaten than why are they made out of food?
>>
>>39243552
Didn't you mean EUROPEE?

eskimoE

potatoE

tomatoE
>>
>>39233961
Yeah, FUCK birds.
>>
>>39244132
Prius hate is stupid. Please don't equate saving money on gas with these vegan fucks.
>>
>>39244189
Language is necessary for complex thought. The so-called 'language part' of the human brain is very well developed, but you could also call it the 'abstract thought' part. The two go hand in hand. It also has the benefit of allowing us to compound our knowledge and become physically smarter through exposure to language during our formative years.
I don't dispute that animals can suffer, but they cannot suffer to the extent that humans can. Simply because they cannot be as aware of their suffering as us.
>>
File: WOW.png (208KB, 361x692px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.png
208KB, 361x692px
>vegans go vegan
>still eat loads of garbage like potato chips, soda, and other high-carb/fat shit
>have to take pills just to stay alive
>ask them why they went vegan
>"uh, health reasons bro"
>ask them if they still have health problems
>"UH WELL YEAH BUT IT WAS MUCH WORSE BEFORE I WENT VEGAN"

Why haven't you tried just not eating like shit?
>>
>>39244383
Where do you draw the line? Killer whales are able to suffer more than humans emotionally because that part of their brain is more developed.
>>
>>39244481
I don't know enough about the brains of killer whales to comment on that, but there is no doubt that orcas and dolphins are among the smartest non-human animals.
However, when an animal lives in the wild, it does not develop the same kind of self-awareness we gain within civilization. Being feral is much like being on auto-pilot, even a feral human wouldn't be conscious in the same way as you and I.
>>
>>39244583
Well they're not exactly in the wild. They live together in pods, which I guess you could equate to a tribe among humans. Scientists have actually discovered that orca and other whales' calls vary from pod to pod, implying that pods develop their own dialect. What people in this thread are failing to realize is that, just because we don't know about animals and their languages yet, it doesn't mean that they don't have them. The field of study is very new, and it has a long way to go.
>>
>>39244701
Well they are exceptional among animals. Cows being allowed to graze on a field for many years before being slaughtered, live no worse lives than they do in the wild. Probably even less stressed.
>>
>>39227779
I'm sure at one point in history people thought rape was okay as well. Who knows, maybe in time vegans will be the majority. Until then, however, I will be happily eating my steak
>>
>>39227841
>They deserve a life where their purpose is more than being turned into food.
Without religion, that is everyone's purpose. Except we get to choose whether we get eaten by a tiger or the plants that happen to be on the ground where we die
>>
>>39227893
But women are animaIs
>>
>>39244765
That's true, but the vast majority of meat isn't from cows allowed to freely graze. Even then, the slaughtering can be pretty brutal.
Also, orcas are one example. Parrots can talk to people, in fact they can use syntax and ask questions. Some other birds also use syntax in their song.
>>
>>39244189
>Well there you go, animals have language.
The point is that they don't have a SPOKEN language

>Although it seems arbitrary if animals can talk and communicate anyways, why should specifically a spoken languages matter if they can get the point across, if you wanna talk about arbitrary there it is
>Linguistics is arbitrary

You are fucking illiterate.
>>
>>39244829
The reason is that are too many people, with not enough space to allow for cows to graze freely.
I think that is more important issue, since veganism and animal welfare are things people can easily get behind, provided it was feasible to implement it.
>>
>>39244894
We'd have all the space we need if we stopped animal husbandry and stopped feeding a majority of crops to livestock
>>
>>39227779
Because I'm not a flower-eating faggot.
>>
>>39246082
You're just a regular faggot then?
>>
>>39246123
I'd rather be a regular faggot than a flower-eating faggot.
>>
>>39246141
But vegans don't eat flowers anon
>>
>>39227779
I am more important than an animal

animals are delicious

also no vegan on the planet understands what "bioavailability" means and why it implies you will never make any fucking gains without eating animal protein and lots of it
>>
File: 1489877043849.png (45KB, 530x280px) Image search: [Google]
1489877043849.png
45KB, 530x280px
>saying rape is okay since it feels good to the rapist
But that's true too. Animals kill when hungry and rape when horny. That's literally how the world works. The world in its most natural state is brutal, unforgiving and a shitty place. Sheltered sissy crybabies that think everything should be smiles, songs and rainbows are fucking out of touch
>>
>>39246284
>I am more important than an animal
How? Pretty sure there are a lot of animals more important than an incel NEET who sits in his room

>animals are delicious
So are other foods. If you were delicious it wouldn't be moral or right to eat you. This isn't an argument.

>also no vegan on the planet understands what "bioavailability" means and why it implies you will never make any fucking gains without eating animal protein and lots of it
>muh broscience
Do you go to /fit/ perchance?
>>
>>39246404
>le edgelord master
Opinion discarded
>>
>>39246439
>being realist and seeing things for what they are is edgy
Wew my lad, you're in for a rude awakening
>>
>>39246643
>if you don't subscribe to my edgy thinking then you're unaware of the world
t. NEET who doesn't leave his bedroom
>>
>>39246726
Man, you're one dumb motherfucker, aren't you
>>
>>39246767
>lol u r so dum
>also i thnk rape is ok xD
You sure got me.
>>
>>39237766
Wow, I thought you were just some shitposter using his name for some bants. Sounds like you have some bigger problems in your life than advocating veganism. Hope you alright.
>>
>>39227779
Farming kills animals too.
>>
>>39246845
?? How do you think livestock is fed? You're killing animals to feed animals which you will then kill. Bit ridiculous.

Also the amount of animals killed is extremely small. Veganism is about minimizing harm done, eliminating harm is impossible at this time.
>>
>>39244864
You are an asswipe. The spoken part is arbitrary. Read the post above yours. When a bird can use syntax to communicate, and thus has rules, defining a language, what makes human language so special? Stop shifting the goalposts. Other animals replicate speech, and if parrots can actually ask questions it's not exactly unique to humans.
>>
File: images-1.png (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.png
6KB, 224x225px
>>39246767
Stop taking bait anon
>>
>>39247316
>everything that I don't agree with is bait
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.