[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the gym for the first time. I weigh 350lbs. What exercise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1501939782269.png (52KB, 723x752px) Image search: [Google]
1501939782269.png
52KB, 723x752px
Going to the gym for the first time. I weigh 350lbs.

What exercise do you guys recommend? Bike? Treadmill?
>>
Whatever you do, just make sure you count your calories. Easiest way to lose weight.
>>
A long drop hanging
>>
>>39224973

Walk because it is healthy. Don't bother exercising to lose weight, you should be focusing on not stuffing your fat fuck face full of greasy food.

You probably eat something like 3500-4000 calories a day. You should be eating something like 2000 calories a day. Burning 1500-2000 calories through exercise requires extremely strenuous and lengthy exercise. Just stop eating so much.
>>
>>39224973
Just walking to the gym and back home is probably a good start
>>
cardio is useless go straight for weights

weight loss is all about your diet though, you can try some of the meme diets that work like keto or intermittent fasting
>>
I would start with the bike and an elliptical machine first because it's less stress on your joints and also don't neglect dumbbells

I don't know much about fitness but I know you can do it, don't give up anon-kun!
>>
>>39224973

LOSE WEIGHT IS 80% DIET

LOSE WEIGHT IS 80% DIET

LOSE WEIGHT IS 80% DIET
>>
>>39225017
>>39225018

This. Diet and go for 2 mile walks daily until you drop to around 200. No point in going to the gym at that weight. You'll only be made fun of.
>>
>>39224973
>Paying to lose weight when reality is you're just going to go there for one time then never again.
Just walk like two miles a day and start doing push ups and sit ups at home, but you know what really works? Starve yourself of sleep. I've become a literal stickman by reducing my sleep time.
>>
eat less faggot, gym is a good start but you're still a repulsive piece of shit. just eat about 1500 calories a day. i eat about 800 because im not a fucking animal and im trying to get down to 130.
>>
I have heard that swimming and walking are good choices for weight loss exercises.
>>
just fast 2 or 3 times a week (doesnt have to be after each other just any 2 or 3 days) and youre guaranteed to lose weight
>>
Bike because being that big and walking is a bitch and a half. If your underwear doesn't go down to atleast mid thigh I would go get a pair. Your thighs rubbing together is gonna cause rashes and make you not want to go to the gym anymore.
>>
>>39225043
Why do lifters all despise cardio so much?

I believe an adequate amount of cardio is vital to good health, my favorite is swimming.
>>
File: 1435046387698.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
1435046387698.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
Also to the guys thinking I haven't been dieting I have for the past 3 months and have dropped 40lbs.

I'm just now starting to exercise because I feel my diet is in check and that was more important to me.
>>
>>39224973

Really best to focus on just dieting at that weight. The gym will just make you frustrated. Just go on 30-60 minute walks per day (just as good desu).
>>
How did you get so fat, when I got depressed I ballooned up to 264 calories and it was utterly ruining my entire life so I stopped eating and now I'm 180, still some way to go tbqh

But really, when you see horrifically obese people how haven't they reached the point where not eating 4 pizzas a day and having your joints ache constantly is more nightmarish than having a th national sandwich instead of a burger

Also advice I'd give is go to bed hungry
>>
>>39225159
what diet are you doing?
>>
Elliptical trainer until you drop like 100lbs, running will destroy your knees
>>
>>39224973
GOMAD + SS

Dead serious. Now go on /fit/ and join /fat general/.

Thank me for all this later when you becoming a God fearing Christian and pray for me.
>>
>>39225184
Mom stayed at home and cooked all day. I ate all day. Got older and kept eating. Seemed like I was never full. Got lazy and bought fast food everyday, twice a day. I ate out of boredom as well. Doc said I was a binge eater and if I didn't change soon I'd get a whole bunch of fat people diseases soon. So I changed. I'm nowhere near where I need to be but it's a start. Most weight I've lost in my life.
>>
>>39225127
because lifting is a lot easier and cardio makes you feel like shit, you get better results aesthetics wise too
>>
File: 1496358058662.png (277KB, 551x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496358058662.png
277KB, 551x536px
first of all, soda. Stop it.
Limit yourself tremendously with soda, it is the absolute worst thing you can put into your body.
Drink water, eat smaller portions, start counting calories. You're at crisis mode weight right now so it's less about going to the gym and more about going for walks, light jogging, and counting calories.
>>
>>39225192
Keto. Yeah the meme diet but it's working for me. I'm also being smart about it. I'm not overdoing it with the fats just enough to where I'm in ketosis. I don't cook in coconut oil or add bacon to every meal. Really just no carbs.
>>
>>39225247
Yeah drinking a gallon of milk and eating 4000 calories is perfect advice for an obese person. They need to bulk to get those gains, right?
>>
Stick to the treadmill for now for 30 mins, at a slow setting, ramping it up to 60 and higher speeds as you get used to exercise. Also eat 1500 calories a day (doesn't matter what, as long as it adds up to 1500). I guarantee you will see significant change in 6 months if you stick to it.

I was in a similar situation to you, at 250lbs at my worst, now I'm 150lbs. Good luck.
>>
>>39225282
A morbidly obese person will lose weight on a 3000 calorie diet son.

Look at Boogie.
>>
>>39224973

It's true that it's 90% diet, 10% exercise but it's good to get into the habit of going. Don't listen to other anons saying not to go and that you'll be judged. No one there gives a shit. and if they do take notice, they'll be thinking "Good on you for going to the gym and trying to change".

I know this as I have about 40 pounds to lose and made that mistake. I tried dieting so I'd lose enough to be comfortable in the gym, and I would lose weight quickly, but put it right back on when I caved on the diet. I had a bunch of excuses, I didn't have the right clothes, wasn't the right weight, didn't know the right exercises, but I saw a video of myself last week and thought "Right, that's it".

I've gone a few times since then and aim to go every second day at least. I would go every day but I pushed myself a bit too hard and was pretty sore a couple of days ago. But the way I see it, being in there 3 times a week and even just walking a bit on a treadmill is much, much better than the alternative. What you do doesn't have to be perfectly thought out and researched for your weight, heart rate range, etc. I would recommend just walking on an incline. Drink lots of water too and cut out sugar and you'll see results. I have tried the keto diet and have seen results.

Good luck Anon. You can do it.
>>
File: 1474162828218.gif (997KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1474162828218.gif
997KB, 160x160px
>>39225003
>>39225017
>>39225018
>>39225050
>>39225051
>>39225077
>>39225083
>>39225095
>>39225103
>>39225116
>>39225126
>>39225159
>>39225167
>>39225192
>>39225263
>>39225307
All of these are wrong.

>>39225247
Partially correct.

You need to get out there and do some cardio, running and jogging is fine since you are morbidly obese, but once you get to the point where you can walk without your bones feeling pressure you need to start lifting weights.

Don't eat at fucking 800 calories, this is retarded and known as starving yourself, which we call starvation mode. As an obese person you can eat at roughly a normal persons maintenance calorie intake and lose weight, which should be around 2500, but look up calorie counter on Google for a more accurate reading.

If you do not lift weights while losing weight you will A. Not lose weight as fast and B. Lose most of your muscle.

Your muscles need resistance so your body knows they are needed, if you do not train you do not maintain.

Once you are around the 280-300 mark you should start a program, Starting Strength is one I would recommend.

Try to eat foods with lots of protein and get at least a 0.5 grams of protein per pound.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>39225417
>but once you get to the point where you can walk without your bones feeling pressure you need to start lifting
That's exactly why all those anons were suggesting walking and dieting and not lifting, you illiterate. OP asked for suggestions for his FIRST time at the gym.
>>
>>39225486
But the dieting nonsense was inane, and they were suggesting cardio longterm.
>>
File: 1503061080743.png (137KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
1503061080743.png
137KB, 500x506px
>>39224973
Fuck exercise at this point. Focus on the most important thing DIET (what the fug actually goes into your body). That's the most important key.

Avoid sugar.

Drink cool water (2 litres minimum) daily.

Don't eat 3 meals everyday. Only eat when you need to do so. Hunter gatherers only ate when they could, they'd spend days upto a week at most without food. Brief periods of fasting is good for the body, makes you live longer, clenses toxins, tones the body and autophagy induced through caloric restriction (fasting) alsoslows neurodegenerationand is one of the few things that can lead to the production of new brain cells.

Takes a great deal of willpower though. All things worthwhile require it.
>>
>>39224973
/fit/ anon here

Stationary bike. Do it for half an hour at a pace you feel you can maintain all day. It's easier on your knees than the treadmill. Eventually you'll be able to get to the point where you are able to go faster and longer.

Cut simple carbs (sugars, starches, etc.) out of your diet and cut down on calories as well. The pounds will melt right off
>>
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

calculate calories through this. my calorie intake is 2100 to lose 1.2 lbs a week.
>>
>>39224973
bike
when you are less heavier you can run so it doesn't damage your knees
>>
>>39225569
This. Most of what you lose will depend on what goes on in the kitchen, not the gym. Cut down on bread and saturated fat. Eat lean meat, veggies, fruit, and nuts. You will see a huge transformation from that alone.
>>
>>39225930
This is exactly what I did and it worked like a charm. I do an hour now though. Follow this advice, OP.
>>
Start on treadmill at easy pace for 20 minutes...next day do 23 minutes.. add another 3 minutes and so on...pick up the intensity slightly if you feel comfortable. You just gotta take baby steps.
>>
avoid counting calories, its fucking bullshit.

instead eat every 4 hours. if you start snackin in between while still eating 1500 calories you would get nowhere. your digestion system need to be devoid of nutrients before you start losing weight, avoid eating at night.

i know this isn't a hard science, but i think i discovered why im eating healthy and not losing weight
>>
>>39225417
i disagree, liften while dieting is fucking dangerous.

your hunger levels will go ballistic if you try to bulk or exercise heavily during a diet. this is one factor no one even takes into account
>>
>>39225417
Eating a lot of protein raises insulin.

He needs to fast and do a keto diet.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.