[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you would make friends if you stopped coming here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1495400380800.jpg (175KB, 1089x607px) Image search: [Google]
1495400380800.jpg
175KB, 1089x607px
Do you think you would make friends if you stopped coming here? I feel like 4chan and youtube trick you into thinking you aren't as lonely as you are.
>>
>>39221969
No one in the real world truly appreciates my edgy sense of humour. Besides, normies drive me crazy with their predictability of interests
>>
$chan has made me hate myself even more, I feel like it fuels your insecurities to the max, especially boards like r9kancer, I've wasted like 2000 hours on 4meme this year
>>
File: 1500118354151.jpg (99KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1500118354151.jpg
99KB, 634x634px
>>39221969
I can't be sure since everyone's different and many people on here are just bitching normies who need a place to complain while also feeling superior to everyone else.

in my experience no, 4chan fills a hole in your life then it becomes all you have.
>>
File: 1499549259529.jpg (48KB, 615x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499549259529.jpg
48KB, 615x650px
>>39222014
I see, I don't know about me though. If I unplug from the internet im hit with this wall of loneliness. I think it's just the silence that ensues in my dark room, and reflecting on my life. It's become hard to work on things even or read.

Then again I don't try and make friends. I don't try and keep up contact with people from here or online. I feel like it's more a factor of time, than space though. I could be surrounded by 20 new people who like me but what is that compared to a few who have known you? But I'm not in a position to meet people, and no one texts me for too long. I don't even know how anymore, when is it appropriate to do certain things?

I guess it takes two to tango, if I try and make friends and fail at least I tried and it's just a matter of compatibility?

It will only get harder as I get older too, and I don't want a family. Wanting a girl would feel weird after all this time of not wanting one, and I'm basically a basement dweller so there's no point.
>>
>>39222173
I get a neurotic and impulsive rage and depression because I'm too afraid to leave my house because I have nowhere to go and only suffering in the real world.

it sucks
>>
>>39223269
I don't really have much of a fear, I mean striking out in conversation sucks, it's just I don't have anywhere to go as well. I could try going back to school, but id be a bit older and I don't know avout cc people, none of my interests are really social.
>>
>>39223779
I also need to want friends. I'm lonely but I don't know if I want to try hanging out with people. I think I've also internalized some want to be alone, because I don't want to be dependent on friends for happiness, I don't know where I see myself happy, there was this pool party years back that was fun. However I think it's just nostalgia. If I want to be successful I don't have time for that? Maybe I'm being too one-track
>>
I have no friends, 4chan is my social outlet, without it i would be a lot more lonely than i am now
>>
>>39223923
But when you spend all day shtposting vs reading are you really any less lonely? You're still just in your room. I feel you though. I have the same problem and I'm trying to make it not interfere with my productivity.
>>
>>39224025
Ahem, I can shitpost at work all I want too buddy.
I dont even know where to make friends, everyone i work with is in their 40s and i dont go anywhere besides there
>>
>>39221969
I never made real friends IRL before, so probably not. Hell, I never made friends on other internet sites. Even when posting on 4chan lately I am constantly met with rejection, even when I say things that 4chan basically taught me. This site has become just like my IRL attempts at friendship where I started becoming friends with people over an interest and they drop it just to start mocking me. I seriously don't know how to take it or where to go next. I was never lonlier than now because now I am hyper-aware of it all instead of slightly distracted by movies and games.
>>
>>39224046
I see. Where would you want to be though? Worst case scenario you're back to square one
>>
>>39224127
What do you mean by where do I want to be? like in my life?
>>
>>39224192
I guess? Wouldn't you want a group of friends vs not?
>>
>>39224230
Well yes, but where would one acquire this group of friends?
>>
You saved me the trouble to make a new thread myself. I ahve a bunch of good friends that would do a lot of things for me but this fucking site and the fucking "normie" mentality is making me want to cut off with them. I jsut cant stand it anymore. All the onverstaions are the same. Some bitch on instagram and how to fuck her, youtube ecelebs and when something political comes about "MUH DRUMPF" Im gonna do it, Im gonna return to where I shouldnt ever had left, Im gonna go lone wolfing again. Its been fun having people to hang around and drink but it is not worth it.
>>
>>39224078
Why do people get mad at you?
>>
>>39224239
Million dollar question I suppose. Anything where you talk to people hypothetically lol
>>
>>39224281
Sure, just let me approach this group of people
>Hi, do you guys like anime?!?!
>>
>>39224307
Ehh, game stores have board game nights and shit i think. Catan is pretty fun
>>
>>39224259
> complaining about normies or special snowflakes
> complaining about new Star Wars shit
> using the word nigger
> posting nazi pictures as jokes

/v/ and /tv/ did these things for years but now it's not allowed there without initiating arguments and other boards always were much more normie friendly anyway.
>>
>>39224429
I tried that, I feel like I didnt fit in. It was an eerie silence and it felt like no one wanted to talk to anyone except their own friend group they showed up with
>>
>>39224457
Theres nothing wrong with nigger wtf. Maybe Nazis. I feel like caring abiut the normie dichotomy is a bit too spooky though. Could you hide your power level?
>>
>>39224469
That makes sense. Not like I'm an expert. It's just your ability to live with it I guess. If you feel you tried enough
>>
>>39224498
My days on this planet are numbered, good friend
>>
>>39224505
How so? Seppuku? Cancer?
>>
>>39224480
In normal conversation of course I can hide it but that this site is this offended about these things now while having introduced me to it with daily threads about all those things just a year ago confuses me to no end and just validates every (((conspiracy))) theory from normies trying to change make the site into a regular message board to shills trying to dictate the sites topics and opinions. With no vent at all anymore life feels completely dull.
>>
If you don't detach yourself from 4chan and can't take some distance from it, it is VERY easy to become absorbed by the abyss of poisonous ideas that circulate here everyday.

4chan has become a social conditioning test chamber. Disinformation and pressure to adhere to an idea is injected into our communities every day and nine of it is positive for regular posters and lurkers. Opinions here encourage people to indulge in depression, hate and generally unhealthy habit. It's no wonder so many here end up isolating themselves from others, some of them wondering how it happened.

4chan is good if you take nothing seriously and shitpost, enjoying the few quality threads and discussions as they arise. If you come here to be part of a "family" . I'm sorry for you
>>
>>39224725
4chan has been mainstream for a while so I wouldn't resort to conspiracy also
>4chan is one person

>>39224745
Yeah I agree with that ending, I think it's because of the shaming that goes on here and the sense of superiority, you also see people super good at some thing and feel behind or inferior, like ahh man I should really know more about Proust, but there are thousands here. This can be a good thing though, /fit/ telling you your flaws will prevent you frok having an inflated ego and will tell you where you need to improve.
>>
>>39224903
As someone who is only here since 2012 the change between 2015/16 and 17 is jarring and not comparable to any other time.
And of course this place is not just one person but you can still notice shifts in behaviour.
I just want to joke with the people like a year ago, reactions are closer to every other social platform than the special fun I had here. Maybe I got left behind with the new joke but I doubt that.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.