[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you die >billions and billions of years pass >an identical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1802.jpg (36KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1802.jpg
36KB, 394x297px
>you die
>billions and billions of years pass
>an identical universe is created at some point
>from the chaos, your consciousness reappears
>this feels instant to you, just like sleep
>the ride never ends
>it never ever ends
>infinite suffering
>>
>>39214714
Can I change my life in this new universe? Can I do all the right things this time? Or will it just be a repetition of this life?
>>
>>39214714
It wouldn't be you though. Just an identical copy.
>>
>>39214714
>you die
>come back as baby into either new or same life
>either way no knowledge of having done it before.
>trapped but at least every end is the end and you don't continue past a certain point.
>if new life it may end up enjoyable.
>>
Consciousness being everlasting means nothing unless my memories go with it OP
>>
>>39214714
ok but where's the proof? all our reference material has finite constraints.
>>
>>39214714
You know, this might be the most terrifying concept that I've ever read
>>
>>39214714
Ive thought about a similar theory. That some super advanced race will have the power to reincarnate us eons beyond our time.

Its the closest thing to reincarnation ill allow myself to believe. But there are so many possibilities for how we are reincarnated that you cant pin it down to any single belief.
>>
>>39214714
>when you're unconscious, you have no sensation of time passing
>therefore, you go from being dead to alive in an instant
>you have no memory of your previous life
Now this is hell of a ride.
>>
>>39214714
Stop, my fear of death is giving me panic attack now. What's after death questions. I won't sleep today.
>>
But who's watching you watch yourself?
>>
>>39214746
This. Why would your consciousness reconnect with that of the new entity?
>>
>>39214714
That implies there's some greater essence to you after you die. At most if the universe recreates itself, what would effectively be a clone of you and your consciousness will arise, but that's it. A clone.
>>
File: 1495103793347.jpg (107KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1495103793347.jpg
107KB, 500x637px
>>39214714
What if i roll good stats in my next life though?

Maybe I don't get the autism trait this time around...

I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>39214803
When you're dead, the blink of an eye could be several trillions of years. All passed by INSTANTLY.
>>
The universe expands therefore it will also collapse, like lungs, just inhaling and exhaling. This doesn't have to be the first universe.
So when it collapses it creates the critical mass for the next "big bang" and then expands again etc
But is it random map creation or do we just go through the same flip book every time? Either way we won't find out.
>>
For the guys asking questions.

No, I do not know or really believe this but I do not rule it out either. There is no proof or anything. But it seems nature recycles everything and will continue to do so forever so I thought what if...

I just posted what was on my mind. One of my biggest fears actually.
I think about this kind of shit a lot.
Probably why I'm on this site and board.
>>
>>39214911
the big crunch doesn't seem to be happening because universal expansion is accelerating instead of slowing down.
>>
>>39214895
>several trillions
That's nothing. It'll probably be 10^10^10^56. An unimaginably huge number. And it would still pass in an instant to a dead person.
If you want some real existential feels, read this article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future
>>
>>39214838
Anon, it won't happen. When you're dead, you're dead. If the universe repeats itself, someone exactly like you will be created but they won't be *you*. You'll still be ceasing to exist.

Make this life work. It's the only one you have.
>>
>>39214913
You will die.
The universe will live on for billions, trillions of years actually.
It will die off by undergoing heat death.
Then there will be no universe.
Then, the force or entity or whatever the fuck that originally brought the universe to come will repeat.
This will take the course of thousands of trillions of years to complete probably.
But to you, it will seem like a blink of an eye.
The universe will reappear, perhaps nearly identical to the one we live in now.
And in tens of thousands of trillions of years from now.
You'll be on this board making this same thread.
Just like all the infinite times before
And the infinite times after.
>>
>>39214959

My absolute favorite bit.

>Around this vast timeframe, quantum tunnelling in any isolated patch of the vacuum could generate, via inflation, new Big Bangs giving birth to new universes.

This is not even the first universe.
So many questions pop up.
I mean fuck. What the hell is this.
Why would someone make this.
I mean, I would understand if there was a real actual god that fucks with us for fun or something but this universe seems abandoned.
And if nobody made it, why and how did it create itself.

And my biggest "what in the goddamn". What is "outside"? What is it expanding into?
>>
>>39215075
can someone explain to me why this "isolated patch" would have generated inside it, a new big bang?
>>
>>39215258

Because fucking quantum mechanics, that's why.
Just read about that shit.
I do not understand it, and to be honest, I don't think anybody does.

Basically, at the smallest scales, everything we know about life is thrown out of the window. The fucking rules change. It's a mindfuck.
>>
>>39214824
Because it is the same entity just at a different point in time.
>>
This can't be the ONLY existence. There had to have been infinite existences and universes before this one, as a simple matter of probability.
>>
>>39214831

If it is possible for your conscience to re-emerge, given infinite time it will do so and it will feel instantaneous
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.