[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>benzos Why would you choose to not be sedated? everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: hills-2[1].gif (489KB, 500x180px) Image search: [Google]
hills-2[1].gif
489KB, 500x180px
>benzos

Why would you choose to not be sedated?

everything is wonderful on valium.
>>
>>39212373
I've got some form of generalized anxiety disorder coupled with a paranoid personality, so naturally I experience heavy panic attacks as well as a latent sense of impending doom. Psychiatrists recently prescribed me Xanax and after taking it for two weeks I can only urge people to stay the fuck off that stuff. Sure it will completely erase any feeling of anxiety within thirty minutes, but the crash you have to deal with afterwards just makes it not worthwhile. As soon as I stopped taking my daily dose, the feelings of dread and hopelessness only increased by something like 200%. And I won't even get into the subject of withdrawals. Wanna feel like you have the flu for weeks ? Go ahead, knock yourself out
>>
This is a fast track to hell. Stop making these threads.
>>
Xanax makes you stupid.
>>
>>39212553
That's why you only take it when you REALLY need it, and nothing else will help. Otherwise just smoke weed.
>>
>>39212373
I've come off klonopin after 3 years on it. Its a nasty drug. Xanax just puts me to sleep by the way
>>
>>39212644
Issue is that I ALWAYS really need it. My life is basically hell on earth when I'm not medicated.

I used to smoke a shitload of weed, which only made the paranoid aspect of things ten times worse.

If anyone with a similar history is reading this, do NOT smoke weed to treat anxiety/panic attacks/paranoia. Just don't. I've been to psych wards because of it
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
pop 4 xans now i'm feeling like a hero
>>
>>39212373
I've been taking Valium for two years now and I never once felt sedated. Everything is still shit.
>>
>>39212373
I just recently got a script, and it fucking sucks because I've taken A LOT of opiates and they're infinitely better. They do what benzos do, whilst making everything like a cozy warm blanket around you. Fuck, I want them so FUCKING MUCH.
>>
>>39212889
Get a life you pathetic drugged normie druggies can't be robots
>>
>>39212911
opiates are literally the most robot drug there is. I didn't even buy shit from a dealer - no personal interaction whatsoever (no darkweb for that, either)
>>
>>39212553
it took diazepam for a year. when I stopped i felt a bit rough for two or three days...like mildly hungover.

>generalized anxiety disorder coupled with a paranoid personality

you're probably just a hypochondriac
>>
File: me_rn.jpg (665KB, 990x1156px) Image search: [Google]
me_rn.jpg
665KB, 990x1156px
>>39212373
>go into withdrawals
>experience worst feelings I've ever felt
>realise I'm dependent on either getting a pill from a doctor or drug dealers just to go about my day by day existence without intense agony
>quit
>still miss it to this day
>>
5-7.5mg valium per day and I can eat right, sleep right and experience occasional moments of contentment and feelings of benevolence and well-being.

withdrawls off that amount aren't too bad
>>
>>39213086
I stole some Escitalopram from an uncle, I took 40mg a day and the days I quit it I woke up sick af
>>
feel awesome without any of the paranoia, head-racing bullshit i get from weed.

delicious
>>
>>39213140
takes a while to get withdrawl from valium.... like you nee to take it regularly for over a month.

you're uncle needs to kick your ass
>>
>>39212911
str8 edge are normies not druggies

>think my gas is leaking
>neighbors are plotting to kill me
>can hear messages through the vibrations of my mini fridge

yeah, normie as fuck

but lemme guess, tfw no gf and you also have anxiety?
>>
>>39212373
>everything is wonderful on valium.

i take valium daily and still have anxiety attacks.
>>
File: 1302752711553.jpg (53KB, 361x496px) Image search: [Google]
1302752711553.jpg
53KB, 361x496px
they're expensive, incredibly addictive and they make life more difficult when you're sober
>>
>>39212851
yeah i quit just in time, also on benzo's

everyone glorifying weed is dumb af
>>
>>39212871
>pop 4 xans now i'm feeling like a hero

i was taking heaps of xanax until my doctor thought my dose was too high and moved me onto diazapam. i built up a tolerance over a couple years of taking it and never felt high off of it even at a high dose.
>>
I take 'em every night to get to sleep. If I get addicted, so be it. It's better than not sleeping for 72 hours at a time, which is where I was at before I started benzos.
>>
>freak level anxiety
>spent years of my life hiding in my room
>haven't had anything close to a friend in a decade
>spent lunchbreaks at work hiding in my car or in closets
>can't remember the last time I initiated a conversation
>feel physically ill thinking about the future
>just now at 27 years old getting to the point where I can walk through a store without being pissed with fear (unless its a place where I'm going to have to speak to someone)

And yet my psychiatrist refuses to give me benzos while my grandmother who has virtually 0 anxiety gets a truckload of it.
>>
>>39213497
benzos aren't the one and only sleep aid in the world

drugs also aren't the one and only way to solve sleep problems
>>
>>39213399
>you aren't a real robot until you're facing life in prison for all sorts of felonies
you're not even a virgin, are you?
>>
>>39213086
>it took diazepam for a year. when I stopped i felt a bit rough for two or three days...like mildly hungover.

why stop taking it? did you stop feeling anxious?
>>
>>39213509
I have Bipolar Affective Disorder, Type I, and am currently in a mixed manic depressive episode. Drinking chamomile tea and meditating is not going to cut it for me.
>>
>>39212373
All psychiatrists are greedy whores who want you to stay on ssris/snris for as long as possible.
>>
>>39213518
I'm a 24 yo virgin, so wrong, I also have never held a job for more than a day
>>
>>39213632
yeah this is pretty much why i'm committed to never participating in the american mental health system again
>>
>>39213432
take more.

you're obviously not on an effective dose
>>
>>39213503
If his treatment isn't working, find a new one
>>
>>39213503
I'm on Xanax (fucking 0.5mg ER, why not Klonopin then you tard?), and he thinks 60-120mg of Prozac will help me. FUCK SSRIs, and reuptake inhibitors of all kinds. FUCK THEM. I took it for two weeks and already had awful side effects, so now I'm tapering myself off of them and feel like shit constantly, and I'll probably run out of my script early because the benzos make life slightly more tolerable. Fuck, I'm this close to a "relapse" aka being allowed to live happily on this shithole planet. I shouldn't even be mad, what the fuck
>>
>>39213793
ssri's take a while before they become effective.

first 2-3 weeks they will make you feel worse. give them 8 weeks minimum.

your doctor should have told you this
>>
>>39213876
he did and I still hate them
>>
>>39212373
Valium never did much for me. There are stronger benzos that do wonders.
>>
>>39212373

Sounds like it creates new problems for the ones it fixes.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.