[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is getting a job so hard? i go to places in person and they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1466054459925.gif (2MB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1466054459925.gif
2MB, 275x275px
why is getting a job so hard? i go to places in person and they tell me to apply online. i apply there and get rejected.

is it time to lie on my resume?
>>
sometimes you just need to know where to look. I applied to a mcdonalds and got hired within 3 days and was working within a week bc they were reeaaallly understaffed.
>>
Exact same shit always happens. You go in and they ask if you applied online yet... Just do that before you go in and say you wanna start working ASAP
>>
>>39206389
You will get hired by any large chain business like mcdonalds, walmart, etc because most people don't stay there for too long.
>>
>>39206565
BULLSHIT. I have no fucking experience. they just reject me.
>>
File: 1501401763730.gif (111KB, 1027x731px) Image search: [Google]
1501401763730.gif
111KB, 1027x731px
>>39206565
I have a college degree and I got rejected by Target.
>>
>>39206389
>is it time to lie on my resume?
Uh, it's AlWAYS time to lie on you resume. That's what everybody does and employers know it. You just have to find the way to make it look good and credible. Resumes these days are just lying contests. Remember that you are essentially selling yourself and therefore you have to convince the employer to buy. Being completely honest in your resume is dumb unless it is actually great. Most people get (good) jobs through nepotism anyway. Experience and qualifications mean little to nothing
>>
>>39207049
what happens when they ask for references?
>>
>>39207085
You lie.
In my case, they never really checked.
>>
>>39207173
how do you lie about phone numbers? i wish it wasn't this hard
>>
>>39206389
op

im telling you

think twice before applying to deliver pizzas
>>
>>39207278
i can't even afford a car to deliver pizzas.

nothing can be worse than this. i already live with my parents. if i can make a couple thousand a year ill be happy. or at least far more than i am now
>>
>>39207316
if a place has a high turnover rate

think twice before applying
>>
>>39207337
what's the worst that could happen? i already go through hell. you're being ridiculous
>>
>>39207372
you'll regret it within a few weeks to maybe 90 days
>>
>>39207388
Do you even have a job? I've never had one. All I want is one so I can afford a couple of things. Why would I regret it?
>>
>>39207407
i had a job delivering pizzas this summer. the pay was pitiful and barely covered my gas. they had me come in at 8 and work until 9, then stay for another 2 hours after my shift washing dishes and shit

i got one just so i could buy a few things i wanted. little did i realize how much gets taken out of your meager check every time you get one. you barely earn a relevant amount at these places for the massive effort put in during every shift, which is why so many people quit these jobs
>>
>>39207470
*come in at 8 am and work until 9 pm
>>
>>39207316
Where do you live OP? Rural area or in a city?

Applying for jobs is a numbers game. Even if you don't have experience, eventually someone will just need a warm body to do a job. It's easier if you're in a place with more options.

But also, your resume has to not suck, and you need to be able to speak to somebody without freaking out. If you have both those things and you're not getting jobs, you need to increase your range and frequency of applications. It's a numbers game.
>>
>>39206389

>is it time to lie on my resume?

Absolutely. Employers will generally prefer applicants with at least some recent job history. It shows you are employable to begin with.
>>
>>39207470
I thought you don't have to deal with taxes unless you make a certain amount.
>>39207501
i live in las vegas. My resume sucks ass though. I don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>39207526
tell that to the IRS

they take out money for social security and shit like that and it adds up to like 20% of your check before the IRS chunk kicks in
>>
>>39207559
so what do i do? just fake a mental illness?
>>
>>39207526
Google docs has a bunch of resume templates. Those will make your shit look nicer visually. Google for 'em.

List in order:
- Job experience
- Education
- Skills

No job experience? No worries. Did you do any extracurriculars in high school? Anime club? Now you were the director and founder of your school's anime club. Ever visited your grandma at an old peoples home? Naw bro, you volunteered there. It's not about lying outright. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you can't vouch for what you claimed to have done. It's about taking any real-life experiences you do have, and exaggerating them to make yourself better.

Simple language is the best on a resume. Like you're talking to a friend about what you did. Hiring managers are lazy and read shit fast.

You're gonna make it, anon. The first job is the hardest.
>>
>>39207630
ok. ill try. i at least have to.
>>
>>39207526

If you have never had a job and are applying to places that require a resume, you'll probably never hear back from them. Other than some premium level bullshit, you need to adjust your expectations. Start with a shitty parking job and climb the wage slave ladder.
>>
>>39207718
ive tried applying to be a dishwasher. i literally get rejected to wash fucking dishes. obviously being truthful won't work
>>
File: 1502185632098.jpg (80KB, 680x535px) Image search: [Google]
1502185632098.jpg
80KB, 680x535px
>>39207751

Best part is when you try to get a real job, they won't care that you were dishwasher, it might as well not be on your resume.
>>
>>39207630
What if you've literally have no life experiences besides posting random shit online and gaming?
>>
>>39206925
They want people with zero prospects in their lives and your degree fooled them into thinking you're not one of these people.
>>
>>39207777
is there a point to trying?
>>
I just remembered that 90% of the people I know only got their jobs because of their ties with friends. Being fucking socially retarded is worse for job prospects than being physically crippled.
>>
>>39207751

The easiest way to get a job is to go to a job center. Most of the time these job centers let you know when companies are hiring in bulk. I got a job at a baseball stadium as a parking attendant like that.
A lot of people at these job centers are dead end low lives or borderline unemployable, so competition is low if you graduated high school.
>>
>>39206508
yeah this works if you're underage
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.