[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I need advice. >Be me >26 >Have BA in English,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Guys, I need advice.

>Be me
>26
>Have BA in English, probably worst mistake of my life.
>Work at grocery story
>Have no debt.
>Am about to inherit about 60-70k from deceased grandpa

I have virtually zero prospects, skills or employable qualities and I want to use this money to finance another degree. Problem is, I wouldn't know what to go back for. I'm trying to narrow down my options, and I'm contemplating either Accounting or IT. I'm mainly considering the latter because the tech field seems to favor socially deficient people, on the other hand it's a field that requires you to pretty much be informed on what's going on in the industry like every other week, and I don't really have much of a passion for anything tech related other than gaming. Accounting seems like a more general purpose skill, but I'm afraid that it's not as kind to people who are socially anxious, awkward, etc.

help
>>
>>39206168
i'm in the same boat. i was going to try and do engineering but i'm pretty stupid.
whats a usable degree that a stupid person can reasonably hope to attain?
>>
>>39206168
>>39206244
Any job that isn't shit minimum wage or slightly above you need to have some form of social skills to be reasonably proficient at. First thing you have to do is learn to socialize better, force yourself to go out and talk to people.

As for a degree I'd recommend probably cs or IT, any kind of business is full of hyper extroverted people which you will not be able to compete with.
>>
>>39206244

I thought about engineering too, and I feel like the program would be too math intensive to really excel well in. I could probably apply myself and force my way through the basic math courses, but applied math and calculus would probably destroy my GPA.
>>
god i fucking hate life
>>
>>39206274

Okay so maybe I should clarify. I'm not socially awkward to the point where it's clear I'm a sperg, but I'm not the jovial, extrovert "I live my job, I own my role" kind of guy that these places seem to really value.

I've seen a lot of people who are in the accounting field who are pretty reserved/introverted so that's the only reason why I was considering that as opposed to something more socially intensive like management or finance.
>>
Op use the money to buy some land, farm it enough to feed yourself. Become idependant from the system

Take the greenpill, escape the rat race
>>
>>39206168
I have a degree in Biochem, but I am an INTP autist, so I have been a NEET since graduating, only working some part time blue color jobs every now and then.
>>
>>39206388
This guy gets it. Don't miss away that money at uni again, get yourself set up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK6ksA0QyE4
>>
not trying to be an ass, but why do people invest in degrees that are useless in the real world? are you somehow made to believe you will get a job out of it? just wanted to experience college?

when picking what to take in college one of the first things I did was do job searches to see the amount of jobs my degree would be relevant for, seems many people do not do that
>>
>>39206877

I was 18, a moron, and pressured to go to school. That, plus financial aid and other shit (my parents didn't make enough, but my grandpa did and he helped pay for it) made it plausible.

English was basically the only thing I could bullshit my way through. Really, really superficial reason to want to waste four years of your life, but I kinda had no direction.
>>
>>39206877
Pussy. STEM degrees had literally no women (didn't get laid anyway though). However I was college aged about 10 years ago, times have changed and lots of females are going into STEM. A good 20-40% of STEM classes are women now.
>>
>>39206946
first of all most of those women are chinese girls who dont speak english

second, the woman population at college is probably atleast 55% so only 20% is pretty much shit
>>
File: commit sudoku.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
commit sudoku.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>39206941
>I was 18, a moron, and pressured to go to school
Same here and same degree too.

I get more and more bitter each year for having fucked myself over with a useless degree.
>>
>>39207276
wait so what's the purpose of college?
>>
Do IT or Software.

I don't have a passion for it, I treat it as just another job. Put your inherited money in low risk bonds / savings.

Spend your weekends learning IT without school. You can do it anon. You just need to try.
>>
File: G6b5tTZ.jpg (25KB, 254x213px) Image search: [Google]
G6b5tTZ.jpg
25KB, 254x213px
>>39207276

Yeah and it's also not helpful that the only people who have English degrees who do somewhat OK are normie-tier chadlets or stacies who do marketing shit or sales. You see a lot of those liberal arts degrees in those areas if you don't including teaching.

The other option is law school, and fuck if I'm doing something like that.
>>
>>39208186

I have ZERO interest in coding or anything outside of what it could potentially get me economically. I looked up a lot of guides on "How to get started in the technology sectory/in IT" and the common denominator is "Unless you're actually interested in technology on a hobbyist level, you are not going to succeed so unless you're passionate don't bother."

What the fuck. Do I seriously need to be autistic about external hard drives and shit to actually get a job or what.
>>
>>39207131
>chinese girls who don't speak english
fucking perfect
>>
>>39206168
You say you like gaming, so why not go into that then. Try working on the mechanics/programming side if you're interested in IT. You're less likely to appear 'socially deficient' if you're surrounded by people interested in the same things as you. You'll have something to talk about. I mean you should try and work on reducing social anxiety but at least in this industry you'll feel somewhat safe.
>>
>>39206168
Get a DipEd and teach you fuck ass
Where do you live
>>
>>39206168
I have the same problem. I couldn't care less about technology and I'm not good at higher level math. My interests lie in history and english, but I'm now considering accounting/cs/economics and I just feel like I'll hate what I end up choosing regardless
>>
do you have anything saved up aside from your grandpa's money?
why do you want to go back to college for another degree?
depending on how much you have you could invest some in cryptocurrency, index funds, or stocks and never have to work a day in your life + be able to live comfortably
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.