[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw going to miss the eclipse because couldn't get the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: sad-leopard.jpg (155KB, 775x960px) Image search: [Google]
sad-leopard.jpg
155KB, 775x960px
>tfw going to miss the eclipse because couldn't get the proper gear in time

So how's your week looking so far?
>>
>>39196735
>the proper gear
all you need is eyes, no expensive glasses are needed
special eclipse lenses are a parasitic Jewish plot to drain honest hard-working Americans of their money $5 at a time
>>
>>39196920
>mfw he might actually believe this
When is the eclipse btw??
>>
>>39196735
You don't have to look at the eclipse to experience it!!!
It's gonna be in the middle of the bloody day anon. The light will be taken away by the moon and darkness will envelop our earth
Just go outside and sit in it that's what I'm planning to do
>>
>>39196938
Tomorrow, the hour depends where you are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M4SFwJJghY
>>
I was going to try and watch it through my phone. No idea if that's retarded or not.
>>
>>39197147
so you're supposed to look at light inside of a box?

wow so amazing how hyped BROOOO
>>
File: 1466360433339.png (218KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1466360433339.png
218KB, 600x579px
>>39196735

>have no money
>job is shit
>stuck in this dead end loop of just managing to scrape by
>recently turned 27
>still no driving license
>still no proper job
>no gf in 9 years
>only friend is a full time alcoholic
>"hanging out" involves listening to him get angry at poinless shit while dinking endlessly
>wake up at 6pm most days
>sit and browse /r9k/ while feeling like shit
>dad is unemployed
>house is slowly falling apart
Just the usual misery t b h
>>
>>39197033
>envelop our earth
Americans confirmed for thinking their country is literally all there is.
>>
What, can you go blind if you look at the sun during the eclipse?
>>
>>39197185

thats actually bloody genius. Block the UV rays of the sun with your phone.
>>
>>39197714
Yeah. Apparently your eyes boil from the intense UV exposure or something.
>>
File: 1484656043333.webm (486KB, 348x260px) Image search: [Google]
1484656043333.webm
486KB, 348x260px
>>39196735
>aim phone camera at eclipse
>look at phone
>>
>>39196920
Looking straight at the eclipse is the same as looking straight at the sun, it'll fuck up your eyes. Just use a reflective surface.
>>
It's pretty simple to watch.

>cut pinhole in cardboard
>place pinhole in front of nose
>stare through pinhole

Make sure not to move the pinhole in front of your eyes.
>>
>>39197778
Shit, it's true, just read an article about it...
>>
>>39197809
Is this safe?

Will it also not damage the phone?

Sounds too good to be true.
>>
>>39197995
Phone cameras rarely have any real lensen, only a pinhole. So only barely any light gets in and it should be safe for the sensor.
>>
>>39197811
Actually, staring at an eclipse is more dangerous than looking at the sun. The sun eventually becomes too bright and you look away. The ring of an eclipse is still burning your retina, but doesn't make you look away.
>>
>>39196735
Can you watch it with sunglasses?

I might just take a 1 second peek, worth the very minor permanent damage imo.
>>
can someone explain to me why the sun will boil my eyes during an eclipse but that wont happen any other time?? does the moon amplify the intensity of the sun or something??
>>
File: lol pepe.png (81KB, 378x357px) Image search: [Google]
lol pepe.png
81KB, 378x357px
>>39197495
>literally keks, spitting out Arnold Palmer
Good catch anon
>>
File: whole-us.jpg (268KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
whole-us.jpg
268KB, 1200x760px
>>39197495
fuck off you third world cucks

this is an AMERICAN eclipse. America is literally the only country this eclipse touches

'murrika
>>
>>39198307
No, it's because it takes a long time for an eclipse to happen. So you'd be staring at it for a very long time, entertained by the eclipsing, and before you know it you'll have been staring at the sun for a half an hour.
>>
>stared at the sun for hours when i was a kid
>during midday
>everything is still fine with my eyes

>these people going crazy over how a single look at the eclipse will kill you and you need speshul protection(tm) to look at it

jesus christ when did people become such pussies
you look at the sun every day, but once its eclipse, its dangerous radioactive uv x gamma rays????
i dont fucking understand americans
>>
>>39196735
>caring about the eclipse at all
Sure is normie in here. I'll be at a job interview during the thing so I could care less.
>>
Im going to miss the eclipse
> be in coastal city
> low pressure zone
> giant marine layer always clouds up the sky 3 miles in
> tfw you miss the eclipse because of a big cloud
>>
>>39198440
>goes to job interviews
>calls other people normies
>>
>>39198307
The moon blocks a lot of the radiation. So when it finally passes, you get swathing burst of it hitting your eyes. Plus, staring into the sun in general is basically a bad idea.
>>
>>39196735
Just look at it for split second
>>
>>39198461
I know this feel, it sucks. I stayed up all night on a work day to watch the blood moon a few years ago, it was supposedly going to be the biggest and reddest full moon in decades. It was so cloudy you couldn't even see low-flying airplanes nearby (and there's a major international airport 30 mins from where I live). I was honestly really disappointed. Seriously hope there's no clouds tomorrow
>>
File: 1488471656841.png (1MB, 2400x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1488471656841.png
1MB, 2400x1500px
>>39198440
>normie
> job interview

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. ???

?

?

??

?

Learner's definition of QUESTION MARK
[count]
: the punctuation mark ? that is used after a direct question or to indicate that something (such as a birth date) is uncertain
a
chiefly US : someone or something that causes feelings of doubt or uncertainty

The future of the company remains a question mark. [=no one knows what will happen in the company's future]
His leg is still sore and he remains a question mark for next week's game. [=it is not certain that he will be able to play in next week's game]
The team's pitching is a big question mark this season.

b
If there is a question mark over something, there is doubt about it.

Her injured elbow puts a big question mark over her chances in the tournament.
>>
Can't I just wear sunglasses and look at it for a couple seconds without raping my eyes?
>>
>>39198599
Maybe. Still dangerous.
>>
>>39196735
The clouded leopard is an endangered species, the smallest of the "big cats". They have the largest fangs to skull ratio, and they are believed to be the closest relative to the sabertooth tiger that is still alive. They live in the snowy climates of eastern/south eastern asia.
>>
>>39198599
Alright just go outside now and stare at sun if you really need to know jesus christ
>>
These things are always underwhelming as shit. Lmao at retards cutting boxes just to see some shadows in it.

Remember the """"""red""""" moon?
>>
I'm going to literally fart at the eclipse I hope I make it on the news
>>
>>39198930
Too bad they can't mix with humans. They're attractive animals, I would have no problem helping them out of their endangered status.
>>
Eclipses are the work of the devil. If you watch it you allow sin to enter your soul and you will spend eternity in Hell
>>
>>39199533
I'm a Jew. I'm already going to Hell under basis alone.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.