[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I break my coca cola addiction? My parents never stopped

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: myproblem.gif (15KB, 339x211px) Image search: [Google]
myproblem.gif
15KB, 339x211px
How do I break my coca cola addiction?

My parents never stopped me from drinking coke, and it was the only think I drank until I was 16. From then on I may have one or two glasses of water per year. I'm 25 now and I grow tired if I don't have a sugar drink. My mother came to visit me last weekend and brought with two sixpacks more.

For the last five years I've been drinking ~2 liters a day.

I'm trying to get used to water, but it tastes so bland.
>>
File: image.png (192KB, 284x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192KB, 284x297px
Become a poorfag. You'll learn to spend your money on nothing but vegetables, rice and spices with water being your only drink since its free
>>
Stop drinking it willpowerlet.
>>
>>39191233
>How do I break my coca cola addiction?
Drink diet cola, atleast it has less sugar.
t. anon who has the same addiction
>>
>>39191233
holy shit i was just wondering today how guys like you get hooked on soda and I was right. it's because you tards substitute it for water and thus require it for hydration.

ur tastebuds will change in less than a week. stop drinking coke and force yourself to drink water. ur meant to drink water. it tastes like nothing just drink it fag.
>>
>>39191287
but then he will still be a retard who requires cola for his hydration.

drink fucking water
>>
>>39191265
Kek are you me I honestly don't know how I'm alive right now because I seem to be allergic to everything adult
>>
>>39191233
>2 liters a day
your liver must be screaming right now
>>
>>39191289
>holy shit i was just wondering today how guys like you get hooked on soda and I was right. it's because you tards substitute it for water and thus require it for hydration.

I think the caffeine portion of coca cola, together with the high sugar level that is hard to substitute.
>>
File: conmen.jpg (14KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
conmen.jpg
14KB, 300x150px
>>39191265
>>39191265

So where do I get this free water

http://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/news/crick-pensioners-ripped-off-by-severn-trent-for-decades-1-6587756

Caffeine is a shit drug what kinda high is that, and stops you sleeping properly and thinking straight. Everybody would be better off without it, especially use Robots. Fuck the Normies they will never think good anyhow.
>>
If this is real, please go and drink a glass of water right now.
>>
>>39191295
>drink fucking water
no, it tastes like ass.
>>
Why not just not purchase it?

I mean losing weight in general takes dedication and sacrifice. But its worth it. Next time you go shopping, just walk right past it.
>>
>>39191233
>From then on I may have one or two glasses of water per year.
>For the last five years I've been drinking ~2 liters a day.
I can't even imagine being like this, honestly if I were you I would just stop drinking coke entirely. Force yourself to drink water and eventually you'll get used to it.
>>
>>39191233
Just start drinking water and unsweetened tea. After a few weeks you'll try soda and it will be too much sugar and so much syrup you won't want it anymore. The first few days suck but I've been drinking water and unsweetened tea for about 4 years now and it makes a good difference.
>>
File: shit.jpg (86KB, 759x397px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
86KB, 759x397px
>>39191233
Same here OP. Expect I have Mountain Dew addiction.
>>
>>39191340
What do you mean where? Assuming you aren't in some third world shithole (and judging by your access ability to coke I doubt it) just get it out the fucking tap. It's a ton cheaper than whatever you're doing.
>>
>>39191347
Did it and didn't like it.

It has no flavor. It's hard to drink something so neutral.
>>
>tfw carbonated drinks hurt your tongue so you never drank soda in the first place
>>
>>39191404
>Assuming you aren't in some third world shithole (and judging by your access ability to coke I doubt it)

But I am in a third world shithole . In south america.

>It's a ton cheaper than whatever you're doing.
I wouldn't say it's a ton cheaper
In our currency:
2.5L Coke - $86 (around U.S dollars).
2.25L bottled water - $41 (around 1.4 U.S dollars)
>>
>>39191233

Drink water with some of those flavoring drops.

It's better than soda, if not as good as plain water, and will help you get used to lacking the soda flavor.

But yeah you just have to stop for awhile. After a few weeks your taste buds will have been clensed and soda will start to taste way too sweet and overpowering, and unless you intentionally down stuff that tastes disgusting until you get used to it again you won't want to drink it.
>>
To be honest I gave up soda for like a month and there was pretty much no change to my overall health, so I stopped avoiding it like the plague and drinking it again (albeit not at the level I used to)

Still feel like crap regardless, didn't get any energy level changes, didn't lose any weight (I'm not a 400 pound fat fuck by any means but I'm about 10-15 pounds over weight and cutting soda out didn't change this)
>>
>>39191265
do you have any neet poorfag recipes.

I'm looking to get into it, however, I dunno how.

also is it true that much rice will turn you into a weeb?
>>
Drink squash/concentrate if you physically can't drink water.

It adds a little sweet hit without the sugar or caffiene that's literally ruining your life. I'd honestly be surprised if you don't have diabetes.
>>
File: 1502808469641.png (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502808469641.png
74KB, 300x300px
is there some sort of app that I can track a thread with and when someone posts it will notify me and read their post allowed in a unique voice (from others in the same thread) so it feels I'm having conversations?
>>
Your daily hydration liquid isn't supposed to be a taste good party you mong. Just drink the water, it tastes like nothing. Drinking water should be like scratching an itch for thirst, you just do it
>>
>>39191781
but I'm never thirsty
>>
>>39191233
Just stop buying it, retard.
>>
Dont stop cold turkey, will never work.

Force yourself to drink water, enough of it so you're hydrated, you will end up drinking a little less cola.

Then you gradually drink less cola and more water.

You can also try to water down your cola.
>>
>>39191899
And dont fall into the diet coke trap, it's just as addictive as regular cola.

Sure, it doesnt contain sugar and aspartam is deemed non harmfull by several studies, but it wrecks havoc on your teeth due to it's high acidity.
>>
File: VodkaTonic.png (36KB, 142x232px) Image search: [Google]
VodkaTonic.png
36KB, 142x232px
>ctrl+f "seltzer"
>0 matches

Seriously, just drink carbonated water. Very easy to break the soda habit by drinking that. It's also inexpensive and they make flavored ones if you fancy.
>>
File: 1503178568191.gif (330KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1503178568191.gif
330KB, 540x304px
>>39191233
Drink herbal teas instead, its what I did to edge myself away from irn-bru and coke and onto drinks that are a lot better for you.
You can add sugar to them to sweeten them, however after a while I manged to change that by going from:
>Sugar
>Honey
>artfical sweetners
And now I just take my tea straight up without milk or sugar.
>>
Water is remarkable in that every civilization has created drinks for the express purpose of making it taste better. I have one of those 2L gym water bottles because I drink so much throughout the day and I just put a little bit of essential oil and everclear in it for flavor. Just a few drops of grapefruit is all it takes to give a pleasant taste. Crystal light packets are also convenient and are made for 2L at a time. they are pretty sweet though so I use about half a packet and a couple drops of oil.
>>
>>39191348
I used to be a piece of shit like you, addicted to high fructose corn syrup soft drinks until I stopped being controlled by the jew and went with all natural filtered water.
>>
>>39191233

tldr
brush and floss every day (crave slippery clean teeth)
excercise (you will crave beautiful WATER)

yo you probably eat other sht food as well with fake sweets...like airheads skittles and "chocolate" and yogurt and chips, hell even most peanuts come flavored.

buy some apples and bananas, drink tea with one lump of sugar if you must. once you taste what naturally occuring sugar is, you will realize how bullshit foods make your tongue numb to real food

proper oral hygeine makes you realize how shitty food sticks to your teeth more than natural stuff

excercising makes you realize natural foods are way better sources of energy. especially water for hydration

>the way i see it, its likely not just the soda.
>>
"Apples probably taste like paper to them" - Louis ck

Go out and buy some fuckin grapes- George Carlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c04M7JfuK8
>>
>>39191233
Drink diet coke, at least it doesn't have the sugar and the huge amount of calories.
>>
Cola will fucking ruin your teeth. Drink skim milk and water instead.
>>
>>39191233
One of 2 ways

1)Start small. Switch to Coke Zero. It's a slightly worse taste, but after a week you won't notice it. Then switch to Diet coke. After another week, switch to the Caffine free Diet coke. After another week, cut the amount you drink in half. Then sub the rest for water. Then continue to cut the amount you drink in half each day, subbing the rest for water. Once its too small an ammount to cut in half, just drink all water. You'll be free within 2 months.

2)fucking quit cold turkey.
>>
>>39192296
Diet coke is awful, at least coke zero tastes like coke. Robot actually need the extra calories though, so this advice will only make them further underweight.
>>
>>39191233
Drink sparkling water.
>>
start by switching to lighter sodas like sprite, fag
i only ever drink lime/lemon flavored soda, doesn't taste as syrupy as dark colas
>>
Realize that a quarter of a can of coke is literal sugar and that sugar is one of the unhealthiest things in the world. literally everyone would be better off with less sugar in their lives. Its good to treat yourself with but you dont need it to survive. Also find a substitute. Mine is milk.
>>
>>39191233
You've got to switch to another beverage with less carbohydrates.
Clearly it's gonna take a while to get you accustomed to the blandness of water, so I'd recommend weaning on:
>Ginger ale (AT FIRST. You wanna get off of carbonated beverages b/c that's gonna "trigger" you for the rest of your life)
Then:
>Tea (try orange tea)
>Half & half (Tea & lemonade)
>Maybe just lemonade in general
>Coffee (add hot coco powder instead of sugar)
>Fruit-flavor enhanced water

This is good that you want to change, OP.
If you go through with breaking the habit, then bravo. Let us know when it happens, ok?
>>
>>39192398
yo milk is the shiznit
mix with some chai tea
or make a fruit smoothie

literally no reason for coke to exist
>>
>Still drinking the liquid Jew past age 12
Oh, Anon.
>>
>>39192398
Milk is still bad for you, isn't it? It's still empty calories. Might as well drink water instead, no?
>>
>>39192538
Depends what kind of milk you drink. If you're chugging whole milk, you might as well just hook yourself up to an IV full of fat. But if it's skim, 2%, or 1%, it ain't that bad for you
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 202x250px
>>39191233
Find another healthy addiction, such as masturbation, and stop drinking this shit
>>
>>39192538
>>39192567
no, milk fat is healthy and whole milk promotes insulin sensitivity and paradoxically a lower bodyweight, plus milk is nutritious. OP should drink whole milk to counteract the insulin resistance he has built up from the soda habit.
>>
>>39191648
Your best friend here is spices, especially Indian ones. Make sure you know how to steam rice properly in a pot otherwise save for a rice cooker. Then you want throw it in a frying pan and add your spices. This can be masala, Indian mixes whatever. Afterwards, add all sorts of chopped vegetables to keep you full longer and add nutrition. On the odd occasion you can get Soy sauce or meat to add in which get really boost the flavour. I love adding boiled cabbage to mine. I've been using this method since I was 15 and it still works to this day.
>>
>>39192707
What if I put Ovaltine in it

It seems bad but 2 tbsp is only 40 calories according to the nutrition information, and it DOES provide about 10% daily recommended amount each of a pretty wide variety of micronutrients. Is it that bad?
>>
>>39191648
I make a lot of soups and use a lot of eggs as well.
Breakfast burritos with some minuscule amount of meat (like 1-2tbsp ground sausage), tortilla, potato, and eggs are cheap (eggs are super cheap right now).

I dumped a bunch of money into spices, but they last a long time.

I make cabbage / sausage soup a lot. Also mexican/spanish rice with some veggies, boil it with broth and some salsa/picante sauce.

Any sort of bread / a lot of baked goods are also really cheap.

budgetbytes.com has a lot of recipes with a rough cost of how much per serving, too.
>>
>>39191233
Ease your way into water. Start with Cranberry juice, still sweet but not as much as coke. Alternate your drinks between a glass of coke and Cranberry Juice and slowly drink less coke and more juice. Then, when you aren't drinking coke anymore, slowly shift from cranberry juice to water.
>>
>>39191320

isnt it more like kidneys? you get kidney stones from too much soda I think
>>
>>39192284
>person who puts the chicken in a box is probably gross
And the person who picks the grapes?
>>
>>39191233
it can't be that bad, holy shit. just quit cold turkey. i've quit serious, daily, long term habits of alcohol, heroin, and meth. do you think it will feel anywhere as bad as heroin withdrawal to stop drinking coke? answer: NO!.
you already made the step of realizing it is a problem. now start drinking water and don't drink it anymore. i guarantee you it isnt going to give you cold sweats, vomit, diarrhea, suicidal thoughts, insomnia, severe agitation, etc. just fucking deal, christ.
>>
>>39192902
>(eggs are super cheap right now).
Eggs are 47cent a dozen at walmart now

Holy shit I can't image how much it must suck to be a yuropoor paying over 2 poons for eggs lmao what a bunch of cucks.
>>
>>39191233
Drink dr pepper like any fucking human would
>>
>>39194203
they were close to $3/dozen not long ago in the US.
>>
>>39194203
>walmart
dont go there
>>
>>39191233
cola desu, is that you?
>>
>>39194205
>like any fucking human would
Against coca cola is not the time to argue an appeal to popularity.
>>
>>39191287
Diet coke is arguably a lot worse for your health.
>>
>>39191683
please let this be real I need this
>>
>>39191410
Keep drinking it. You are like a child who doesn't want his cough syrup because it tastes bad. But in your case its a basic human need.
>>39191982
A cold glass of sparkling water with ice and a slice of lemon sounds delicous even if it barely tastes like anything. Op just needs to go for a walk and bring a water bottle with ice. And he will finish it after 200 meters judging by how fat he would be drinking only soda.
>>
>>39191683
You could do something like this on boards with IDs.
Here it's questionable though.
>>
Wish I could tell you lad, around 2 years ago, I gave it up for 3 months. I was a lot happier, my energy levels were, I slept better and I lost a good chunk of weight. I consume the same amount as you.

I started drinking it again because I never stopped craving it. I drunk zero cola for three months and still had cravings. At this point I just dont think it's possible for me to stop drinking it.
>>
>>39194612
I'm not THAT fat though.
63 kg.
>>
>>39194698
>63kg on soda only
what..?
I was expecting 200kg
>>
Pure water tastes amazing compared to tap/bottled. A big part of the reason people don't like drinking water is the hexafluorosilicic acid and other sterilizers added to it.
>>
Drink flavorful, healthy shit. Milk tea, bubble tea, anything that doesn't have 85g of sugar. Scale down from there until you're fine with drinking nothing but milk, water and coffee/tea if that's your thing.
>>
>>39191233
I wanted to save money and lose weight so I just stopped. I legitimatley don't know what to tell you besides just stop buying it and let your family know that you're not interested in it anymore.

>I'm trying to get used to water, but it tastes so bland.
I always found this argument so bizarre. I personally think water tastes pretty good myself.

>>39191289
I got hooked on it because my parents gave it to me when I was a kid. I stopped pretty much immediately once I started buying my own shit.

>>39192319
>Not drinking whole milk
Say it with me lads
NEVER
GONNA
MAKE
IT
>>
fucking hell
ok follow this plan to get you off it
these are ratios for percent of total consumption per 3 days that is coke to water
ie: 60:40 would be that you drink 60% coke and 40% water:

90:10 80:20 70:30..........10:90 0:100
move allong the ratios every 2-3 days to gradually bring yourself off dependancy
If you find it difficult then remain on the ratio you're on for a few more days BUT DON'T EVER MOVE BACKWARDS.
If you're tired go to the gym and ingest natural sugars (apples etc)
>>
File: 1502825820019s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502825820019s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
i drink around half a liter every 2-3 days. Is it too bad?
I'm sipping mountain dew now.
>>
>>39191233

Enjoy your diabeetus.
>>
>>39191289
I particularly enjoy the taste of slightly cool water it's very refreshing even more than something like beer or soda
>>
File: 1498789821040.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498789821040.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
>>39195178
But OP probably needs to lose weight from drinking all that soda. Almond milk might satiate his cravings for sweet liquids without much calories.

While I have you here, is GOMAD+SS just a meme?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.