[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just caught my mum watching one of those British TV shows where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 43

File: Babyboomers.jpg (236KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
Babyboomers.jpg
236KB, 968x634px
I just caught my mum watching one of those British TV shows where smug boomers tour around the Spanish countryside looking for villas to buy

I said something to the effect of "these shows are kind of morbid when you think about it" and she asked what I meant, and I said that no one in my generation will ever enjoy that luxury

I mansplained that twenty-somethings now, instead of getting married, working full time, and entering the housing market young and optimistic, are in enormous debt from useless uni degrees, and stuck in a cycle of casual jobs and predatory unpaid internships, which she herself has suggested I look into

She started crying, asked where my apathy had come from, and locked herself in her bedroom.

I think she resents the fact that I actually enjoy being a no-strings-attached wagie because now even that isn't good enough for her and she wants me to find something more serious. She even said to me the other day that I "live in the moment" too much. What? Isn't that the ultimate pearl of normie wisdom?

I want to turn the screw. Anyone got any videos or articles I could use to red pill her?

I think I'll start with the irreconcilably expensive housing in my city (Melbourne) making it pretty much impossible to get a foot in the door

>TL;DR: boomer mum blaming my entitlement on why I can't get a full time job/afford a house. Help me red pill her
>>
putos guiris de los cojones que se vienen aqui a recluirse en sus guetos, que se queden en sus paises de mierda a dar por culo a otros
>>
Houses cost 1 mil in Sydney because of the gook cunts , fuck working because whats the point I won't ever be able to buy my own place
>>
>>39190299
Homestly it isn't even just boomers, anyone over 40 does not understand that the world we are trying to get started in in miles apart from the world they got started in. My mom got a paid internship where she literally stereotypically just got coffees and helped with minor tasks in the early 90s. Today my friend has an unpaid internship for the last 2 yeads where they required he had his degree first, they regularly make him utilize it for free and if he refuses unless he is paid (other interns have done this in front of him), his employer just cuts them lose and laughs. Not to mention my mom's internship turned into a better paying job in 6 months, and my friend is still waiting.

Don't even get me started on the fact that blue collar jobs like trades that actually pay well are disappearing and the ones that are left require you to know someone at the company before they even look at your resume.
>>
>>39190299
wait a minute? you're a fucking failure who can't even get a useful degree and make something of his life and this is somehow the fault of boomers?
>>
fuck i'm so glad i can buy guns here.

https://youtu.be/Y9OEiCm_rOk
>>
>>39190393
back to redit normie faggot
>>
File: you're hired.jpg (63KB, 750x633px) Image search: [Google]
you're hired.jpg
63KB, 750x633px
>>39190336
Yeah it's not much better here man

All my friends are either still at home or pissing their money away on rent. No one can even scrape together enough money for a deposit and it's harder every day that passes

>>39190383
I'm trying to convince my brother that when he finishes school next year he should go into a trade. Anything but a fucking arts degree like I got swindled into. But my parents don't want him to because "he's better than that."

My mum is constantly disparaging anything that isn't some yuppie office job like the beautiful actors on her Foxtel drama
series have

>>39190393
I'm the first to admit I fucked up by paying 25k for a piece of paper, but if you can't see the correlation between the currently fubar state of affairs and the boomers, then I can't help you
>>
The thing is, do NOT expect boomers to have any sort of 'revelation' moment. The wealthy in general once they have 'theirs' tend to develop rationalisations, they will tend to forget the degree to which they hated work, etc.

You cannot 'redpill' a boomer on their generational theft any more than you can 'redpill' a woman on how shitty and entitled and repulsive women are collectively.
>>
>stupid boomer realized she contributed to ruining future generations
>starts crying like a little bitch in her room trying to blame it on her son
>doesn't understand young people nowadays have to live in the moment because there most likely will be a great crash in social security, pension systems and health care
>>
>>39190444
this. if someone lucks out he/she will develop rationalizations for why they deserved it more than you or how they "worked hard" for it. meanwhile chinks in foxconn factories work harder than anyone and there's no reward for them in the end, ever.
>>
>>39190442
>No one can even scrape together enough money for a deposit and it's harder every day that passes

Had my entire house (family's, was living there) burn down in 2016. All of my belongings. No insurance.
Had no degree.
Moved to cheap city/state. Worked barely above min wage job for a year. Lotta manual labor. Lived in less than ideal situations for that year. End of year had enough saved to get into an apartment, pushed for as many hours as possible towards end of the year so I would qualify for the 3x amount of rent for income requirement on last two paystubs.

It's doable. It's not easy at all and I hated the time I spent living in bad rental situations/uncertainty of having a place to live, but it is doable. It would've been a lot easier if I didn't have a dog.
>>
>>39190444
My father admitted that he lucked out on being born in a time when two wages could fiance building a house and paying back everything in under 10 years and also being born into a time when having a bad or no job was due to absolute laziness. He also tried to run for mayor in my small mountainside town with a program that favored bringing back businesses and young couples but he got demontaged by a part of his own family behind his back. I pretty much share his disdain for political parties trying to convince working class people that more taxes for rich people and companies is the worst thing that could happen.
>>
>>39190299
if you're basically supporting yourself entirely with your job sans being able to enter the housing market because it's a fucking nightmare why does she think she has a right to complain?
>>
>>39190299
>Melbourne
Same brother, might as well an hero.
>>
Saving money is NOT that difficult, neither is getting into an OK paying job.
Difficulty is in self-discipline to not blow money on luxury items you don't need (most games, expensive computers, etc. are a waste unless this is relevant/useful to your social circle or your job).
Using something like mint.com and keeping track of what you're spending is very useful.
You do not need newer cars. You can buy a decent car for 2-4k.
If rent is over average cost where you're living, you don't need to live there. There are tons of boring flyover states with high job demand because no one wants to live there, and comparatively low cost of rent/living.

If you're doing shit tier minimum wage jobs, you're in the wrong place. There are entry level positions paying $12-$15/hr for various fields. You DO NOT stay in those jobs once you get comfy though. You stay long enough for it to look good on a resume, then start applying elsewhere and keep trying to climb to higher and higher positions within that field. You may take continuing education courses, certifications, etc. to get an edge--but VERY OFTEN you can get in with employers that will pay for these while you're employed with them.

Degrees do seem like a really bad move, though. Sorry if you fell for the meme.

It's harder than boomer gen, but most people are just being.. fucking... stupid. They don't research. They just whine and piss away money.
>>
>>39190299

What is it with Boomers and shows about houses? Maybe it's interesting when you have the money to buy one yourself, I don't know. I like it to an extent, but Boomers seem to be really into it. Same with cars.
>>
>>39190683
I dunno. It seems to particularly be Brit Boomers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuu4trrPww

Speaking of, I'm watching this right now and the old woman is making my piss boil. Smug condescension personified
>>
>>39190664
Whining is easier when you have the big boomer boogeyman.
>>
>>39190664
why should i work till i'm 50 to have what boomers had in their 20s?
>>
>we are the first generation where the majority will never own their own house
By what level of Jewish trickery is this considered acceptable?
>>
>>39190716
duhhh just work till you're 60 and you can get one durrrr
>>
>>39190709
>what made you a millionaire 30 years ago is now a requirement to not slave away in dead-end jobs
>>
>>39190707
I'm American and my parents are obsessed with it too. They also love talking about real estate and looking around at houses for sale even though they don't need one and aren't going to buy another.
>>
>>39190712
Because this is your lot in life.
You can whine and trap yourself in feeling like shit, or you can try to get ahead.

You could fairly easily have a home in your 20s if you are smart and responsible, but it really is not advisable to do so unless you have some sort of definite attachment to the area, or a very stable and advancing career. You lose a lot of money on home sales in the event you have to move (and you likely will, or SHOULD)--it is better to rent in most cases.
>>
>>39190664
working that hard 30 years ago would've made you the CEO of a company not some fucking cog who just barely broke 6 figures
>>
>>39190664
You realise that different countries have different economic situations right? Australia, Europe etc. is not America.
>>
>>39190716
Owning your own house is NOT that important. Renting and paying rent is not much different than taking out a loan and paying a mortgage, only you're not losing out on the home when you have to move--which this generation is more likely to do than previous ones.

>>39190762
I've known people who got paid overtime for jobs where they slept for 8 hours of their shift. $20/hr TO SLEEP.

>>39190772
Yes, I almost noted "this only relates to the US" but figured anyone who reads it could figure out that this is the only country I have knowledge of (boomer seems like an american thing, though?).
>>
>>39190741
Yes, we have it worse. But so what? You're just going to sit on a mongolian knitting forum and complain about it? Shut the fuck up and get your life on track, it isn't as hard as you make it out to be. It's harder, but that's fucking life.
>>
>>39190299
You're a lazy cunt. The one who needs a redpill is you, fag. No wonder you're stuck as a wagie, you have a loser's work ethic, and you'll never ascend, unless it's because of time ("worked 'ere fer 30 years, now I'm duh manager" Chucky Cheese shit.)
The fact that you depend on mum for anything after turning 18 years old is pathetic. Go fap to lolicon or whatever, manchild.
t. A self-made successful young person
>>
>>39190707
>two wealthy boomers preaching how money doesn't matter to younger adults worried about their financial future
fucking disgusting.
>>
>>39190794
>Owning your own house is NOT that important.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT AND LAUGH
>>
>>39190664

>Difficulty is in self-discipline to not blow money on luxury items you don't need (most games, expensive computers, etc. are a waste unless this is relevant/useful to your social circle or your job).

>Just draw up a budget, son!!

Games are cheap as anything, they're one of the cheapest forms of entertainment. Are we allowed any form of entertainment in this life, anon? Many of us will never marry or have children, most of us under 40 have watched as literally any hope of love was dashed before our eyes as women were fed into the corporate harems and turned into dull, dead fish. "Expensive computers"? Most of us aren't buying gaming computers, anon, and they're not drastically more expensive than average computers. Literally anyone who wants to survive today needs access to a proper computer AND a smart phone, this isn't a 'luxury', it's literally a requirement - and these are the only things we CAN afford.

What we're complaining about is something that has happened in the past many times, sometimes the laws and standards of a society end up privileging a few at the expense of economic mobility of the many. Or one generation gains an advantage at the expense of another. Here in Australia MOST of any income I get will go to pay rent for decades, because boomers and foreign investment bought up within a framework that allows them to lay back and contribute nothing by exploiting those who do contribute.
>>
>>39190844
>I will sit here and complain about how I was dealt a shit hand in life and any consequence resulting from my idleness isn't my fault
>>
>>39190832
What about it is so important?
So you can be tied to one small area, that may be vastly different in 20 years so that you no longer want to live there?
So you can lose out massively when it is more beneficial to you to move?
So you can stress about long term upkeep and maintenance, problems, and repairs?
>>
>>39190867
>if things are a modicum my fault that means they are entirely NOT anyone else's fault
>>
>>39190883
So that you have an inheritance to pass to your children, and so that your monthly expense is being invested into something you own instead of lining the pockets of a landlord. So that even when times are tough, you have the basic security of owning the roof over your head.
>>
File: 1340800733439.png (661KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
1340800733439.png
661KB, 848x900px
The worst thing about Sydney is that housing prices are rising faster than the average wage

So even if youre broke now, you'd still be in a better position to buy a place than you 1 working year in the future
>>
>>39190900
You missed the point because you're a fucking idiot who would rather whine like a fucking child about not having a good life than actually having the good life. Complaining won't change shit. Getting angry at the dealer won't change your shit hand. Shut the fuck up and work towards improving your life or die in idleness. This fucking board is full of fucking imbeciles like you, which is why you're all fucking eternal losers. You would rather cry about your problems than reflecting on and solving them.
>>
>>39190844
>Are we allowed any form of entertainment in this life, anon?
Yes. But there are more productive ones in most instances, that should be more of a priority. If it does not relate to your advancement as a person in skill/knowledge, or your social circle, it should be on the bottom rung.

$1,000 for computers for gaming is not uncommon. Many games are very expensive. If you fall into MMOs, you waste a massive amount of money on subscription fees as well.

I leave some room in my budget for games. I allot a small amount to it each month and if I don't spend any on it that month, it rolls over. If it rolls over enough to buy a $60 game, fine. But to regularly and impulsively spend that on nonproductive entertainment, if I am NOT in a position of excess wealth, is not worth it.

The "bawr tfw no wife ill never have love" stuff is just dumb emotional rhetoric. If you're spending all your time playing games alone then yeah, you're odds of meeting someone lower. They do if you piss away money like an impulsive child, too. Who wants to have children with a child?

"Computer and a smart phone" are not that expensive. Phone should be a one time purchase and can last you several years if you're not stupid. You also don't need overpriced data plans -- you need a smartphone's DATA for very few legitimate purposes. You need access to a computer, yes, but a used laptop costing $200 is more than sufficient for any NECESSITY use.
>>
>>39190867

I'm not complaining, though. Personally I feel like I'm much better off having ended up avoiding getting married, and because I realised how rigged the system was early on - I dropped out and became a NEET, and have been living very happily ever since, in large part living off boomers rather than the other way around.

That doesn't stop me from making an observation about the system as a whole. The system should benefit those who actually contribute and work, but the current system benefits those who own property, especially as 'investments'. The whole system is based on forcing those who have relatively little to work for those who already have relatively much. That's not a rational or fair system - and when people recognise that they're being cheated, they do what they can to undermine and override that system. Hence roasties and boomers ultimately get btfo. You should see the looks on the faces of the various post-wall roasties and boomers who can't understand why they're now completely alone and abandoned - because whereas in the past these people would have had the safety and social comfort of children, grandchildren, husbands, boyfriends, etc - now they're left with a cat and BBC crime dramas starring 'empowered' womyn detectives surviving a social wasteland these roasties\boomers created.
>>
>>39190844
oh but anon, the boomers lived in constant threat of nuclear war! Their times were so terrible, I remember one time when my dad was hitting my ass with a stick, he told me how lucky I was that the stick was only 1cm thick and not the 3cm like he used to get! We really are privileged, and the generation after me is even more privileged.

Unironically, the other day, I saw an advertisement saying basically "the children are our future, they're going to solve all the world's big problems". They're literally just planning to pass the burden onto the next guy and hope they can fix it. Every generation after us is going to be progressively more fucked than the last, until a large chunk of humans die.

Antibiotics are barely working as it is, I don't think we'll be able to operate on people in about 20 years time without it being too risky that they'll be infected. All our food is pumped with estrogen to make us more feminine. I genuinely feel like 99.99% of people are going to be wiped out by 2030, because I have reason to believe those who are highest up are planning a culling (likely via virus), which they will enforce once they have the robots required to replace the common man, and the scientists necessary to build them. I am completely desensitized to death. I was born in a world where I'd hear that people are killed for no reason each day. I no longer care when I hear that someone was murdered, or raped, or tortured, it doesn't shock me, I feel nothing and it's awful. This turned out longer than I expected it to be.
>>
>tfw there's no security for anything any more
>no financial security
>no housing security
>no job security
>no relationship security
>absolutely no benefit to working hard any more

Men today are expected to work just so they can be poor for the benefit of someone else then thank them for the opportunity.

Why would anyone willingly agree to that? To work a dead end job with no future, living paycheck to paycheck paying rent to some entitled boomer with 4 homes..

This is why men are dropping out of the race. There's no benefit or privilege to contributing to society any more.
>>
File: 1502340800967.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1502340800967.png
18KB, 509x411px
>mfw my grandmother worked all her life and didn't save a fucking dime
>>
>>39190901
You can pass on more than just a home (that your child will probably end up selling, so again--taking a hit on its cost when it depreciates in value, because you, not being a landlord utilizing professional companies for upkeep and renovation, will likely allow it to fall into some level of disrepair as time goes on and you get old.

You can just flat out leave your kids money, money that you've saved from NOT having to pay home repairs, money that you've EARNED by having the flexibility to move to where there is demand for your skillset for the best pay.

Tbh I mostly just think about leaving my kids books that I've found to be useful and valuable, and whatever good I do for them in raising and teaching them.
>>
>>39191118
The system wasn't rigged for them though. They had strong religious values, so they wouldn't get married until they knew they were in love, because back then, marriage actually meant forever. Today, marriage is equivalent to bf/gf, except the woman has legal power over the man.
>>
>>39191118
Yes, I wholly agree. My issue lies with the people who ONLY complain. The sort that complain about not getting laid without putting in any effort, or better yet, the sort who see the game as rigged, see that women are 90% shit and still whine about it as if it will somehow fix women.

Who finances your NEETdom?
>>
>>39190299
While American boomers were living hyper easy life my Eastern European parents could only dream of so much freedom
>>
outside of 4chan I feel like I'm the only person who sees that everything is going to shit
>>
>>39190796
This is my attitude. Yeah, it sucks, but you have to adapt or perish.
>>
>>39191184
Same. Never met or seen anyone that agrees. Except one very old prof. in uni once but noone understood him.
>>
>>39191116

I'm starting to wonder if you've ever actually worked or bought a computer.

The way you're talking about 'budgeting' these electronic items, buying cheaper ones, making a phone last 'a couple of years', it sounds as if you're completely clueless. Most of us can EASILY afford those things, saving a couple hundred bucks isn't going to mean shit! The problem we're pointing to is that while consumer goods, electronic entertainment, etc are incredibly cheap, these are the only things we can look forward to.

Most of us want more free time, we don't want to be slaving away forever before we can some sort of basic financial independence. I have a large family, and they weren't upper class or wealthy, but everyone including my own parents were able to buy property in their 20's, certainly by their 30's, and many owned the property outright! My own parents - my dad was an 'intellectual', literally did not have a skill to market, but owned a house when he was my age, and my mother didn't even work! In my generation, SOME parents are able to buy their own children properties, but most people my age are looking at another 20-30 years working before they can fully pay off a house. Much of the financial value of this work is cycled up towards boomers who own the stocks in these corporations - where the only jobs available require very high degrees of training and experience, but pay averagely. There are very few low-skilled jobs even available. In my parents' generation, everyone knew someone who could get them in the door and working somewhere. Today, there's nothing like that - it's all corporate.

Just think about this. Just because you're a normie who marches off and m'lady's into machine gun fire with complete optimism that YOU will survive, doesn't mean we want the same fate.
>>
>>39191197
from my perspective it feels like everyone else is too jacked into the system to actually take a look at it as a whole. and they can easily brush off whatever criticisms I make because there's something like money or sex that they are gaining
>>
>>39191184
i feel its the same in real life. nobody really believes in the future anymore. then again i'm not american so we don't have the same culture of adamant optimism no matter what.
>>
i have almost 50k in savings and it's not enough for a downpayment on a 17 square meter (55 sq feet) apartment
>>
>>39191162
Your entire argument is based on the assumption that homes depreciate in value, and that buyers are unable to maintain their homes. The past few decades show the exact opposite trend. I don't know what nation you live in where people are selling their homes 20-30 years down the line at a loss, lmao.
>I mostly just think about leaving my kids books
lol
>>
>>39191162
actual scumbag. I bet you plan on spending majority of your earnings on caravans and expensive cruises, because you've worked hard your whole life and you deserve it.

Haha, I'm going to have fun retiring at 70 and having just enough money to live off dog food for the next 10 miserable years.
>>
This is why people will just become NEETs and resist the system in other ways until things change, there is nothing to be motivated about for your average Joe these days
>>
>>39191220
I've been working consistently for the last 7 years.
I've had the same phone for at least 5 years.
A consistent "couple hundred of bucks" (lot more than that, couple = $200, it's more than that annually, along with all the other small details like budgeting food and not wasting it on prepared stuff, takeout, restaurants, etc. it adds up to A LOT--thousands in a short span of time).

I'm in my 20's and should be able to buy property before I reach my 30's.

>There are very few low-skilled jobs even available.

Absolutely untrue. I get emails and contacts all the time about a resume I've been too lazy to take off indeed. There is nothing especially impressive about my resume either.

>Today, there's nothing like that - it's all corporate.
My company offers referral bonuses. Multiple other people I know of either also work for one that offers, have gotten people into their company with these bonuses, or have been invited by a friend/former coworker to take up one of these referral bonuses to move into a better job.
>>
File: jimmy rustle.png (157KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy rustle.png
157KB, 375x360px
if you really wanna rustle some jummies, then tell her about how the welfare system is at capacity and that they are about to cancel the pension
>>
>>39191375
No, I really just want some land somewhere so I can have some livestock and a garden again. I'd retire easily into that. If not physically capable at some point, I'd probably just retire into reading a lot and going for walks with dog and spouse.
>>
>>39190794
Got paid to sleep a lot at my old job working hazmat. We'd show up at the time the client asked for us, say 6 am, and the client (usually the power company) would ask us to hang out, they weren't ready for us yet. So we'd sleep or play cribbage, usually for 3 to 12 hours, then we'd do our work. The best was when you got boom watch. If there was an oil spill and they had the floating boom used to contain it someone would have to be there at all times. We'd stay in groups of two or three, two people would watch and one would nap for a few hours. If you got that then you'd be on the clock all night and be refreshed enough to work the next day. Nothing like hitting 40 hours and breaking into overtime on a Wednesday morning.
>>
>>39190491
its probably best to live in the moment now, this is and probably will the best period of human history to do that and I don't think it will last for much longer
>>
File: 1502899198341.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502899198341.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>ywn have your own land with a small farm to raise a small family
>forever stuck in a shitty city in a shitty apartment complex full of oogaboogas
>>
>>39191657
if the city is too expensive, move.
shitty states like arkansas are cheap.

you can save money for a few years while living in an apartment, then buy a few acres. you can build on that land until you have something "livable" to move into + some food production going, then consider building a larger home for children/etc.
"small farm" doesn't need a lot of infrastructure or large structures, because you do not need large livestock. the largest thing you'd probably keep are goats--which are the lowest priority thing to keep. chickens/ducks/rabbits are good stock, more efficient, low effort.
gardening is incredibly cheap unless you move somewhere where seasons demand a greenhouse (or you resort to purchasing from a store for those seasons).
>>
>>39190683
My mom and I both enjoy watching shows like Fixer Upper, because it's reassuring I guess.

It shows how possible it is for people who aren't filthy rich to live in beautiful homes that they bought for a relatively cheap price. As long as they are smart about how they invest their money and are willing to put in some effort.

It's all about not judging a book by it's cover.
>>
>>39191721
land isn't expensive, true, but cheap plots rarely have houses or structures you can live in, you'd need to build it and that's where the costs quickly go up
you'd need upwards of 150-200k to set up a decent life in the countryside
>>
>>39190883
>What about it is so important?

Several things.

First, the pension schemes that exist today factor in that retirees will own their home outright by the time they begin drawing from the fund. So, if even the pension schemes that exist today don't stretch to include rent, what does it look like in future? Many believe pension schemes won't be around by the time they retire, but even if you don't think that it's hard to see a future where those schemes are stronger than they are today. So what happens when you reach an age where you can't work any longer? If wrong till you drop is ok with you this works out (ignoring the fact few places will hire old people). Otherwise it's an obvious problem.

Second, if working age citizens don't own the housing stock, who does? If rich people, society will divide as it did in the past into the landed Gentry and peasantry. If the government owns the housing, welcome to communism - gulags are probably not too far away. Or how about if foreign citizens own the land? What else is a county than it's land, so you become subsumed into those foreign states.

Third, on an individual level, do you intend to be dependent on continual purchasing from others for the basic elements of survival for the duration of your life? If home ownership is out of reach, this is the reality of your everyday survival. Sure, society as a whole depends on each other and no man is an island, but this amounts to the stripping of agency from every person.
>>
>>39190844
>Literally anyone who wants to survive today needs access to a proper computer AND a smart phone, this isn't a 'luxury', it's literally a requirement

This, fucking yahoo refused to allow me to access either of my email accounts with them, unless I gave them my cellphone number.

So I switched to protonmail as my email. Fuck yahoo. Fuck anyone who thinks you NEED a fucking cellphone.
>>
File: 090108-0208200421-1280x720.jpg (31KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
090108-0208200421-1280x720.jpg
31KB, 600x473px
>OP's face when I bought my house at 21, have work provided insurance, a pension, and a good wage
>didn't go to college

Maybe if most millennials weren't retarded the world wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>39190299
>are in enormous debt from useless uni degrees

Nobody forced anyone in your generation to get a useless degree you HUGE retarded faggot.
>>
>>39190336
I'll have you know gooks are just a small part of it. The baby boomers are to blame too. Was at an auction with my wife, and an 18 year old outbid us with his dad's money a couple of years ago.
>>
>>39191806
You can build something acceptable for much much less than 150k. Even those little prefab sheds/cabins you see at home depot (which are overpriced because labor) will only run you $5k-$10k.
More of a concern is if the plot already has a well on it, and secondly if it has a sewer/septic tank already. If not, you'll probably have to fork over another $10k up front, in addition to cost of your "short term/small" living structure. It's not too hard to find plots with a well/water already, though, for not a lot of price difference. Depending on zoning you may be able to get away with a lagoon instead of installing septic, too.
>>
File: 1475476271823.gif (766KB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
1475476271823.gif
766KB, 400x218px
>>39191861
>I bought my house at 21, have work provided insurance, a pension, and a good wage
>is a weeb
>>
>>39191162
>You can just flat out leave your kids money, money that you've saved from NOT having to pay home repairs, money that you've EARNED by having the flexibility to move to where there is demand for your skillset for the best pay.

You can pay mortgage or pay rent. Difference is that at the end of the mortgage you have an asset, which you can live in, liquidate for money, or leverage for income (rent). At the end of the renting you have no asset and also no money.

This is super simple stuff dude, are you stupid?
>>
File: 1484384871369.jpg (1MB, 2836x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1484384871369.jpg
1MB, 2836x2000px
>>39190664
I don't know, you say it's harder for us but also conclude that we're stupid whiners.

I live in Sydney, have a great degree and decent average wage job. Took 4 years of living frugally and foregoing social events to save a deposit for a hole in the wall apartment in a shit suburb that I get to pay off for the next 30 years.

Meanwhile my father 30+ years ago, on a shit blue collar wage saved up for a nice house in a nice suburb in under a year. I think people that say man up, its doable, we're just whiners etc. have the societal version of Stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: 1438664165973.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1438664165973.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>39191868
>what is advertising
18 year old kids are impressionable. Get to study for another few years and not have to pay for it up front? Sign me up!
>>
File: 1472122110390.jpg (32KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
1472122110390.jpg
32KB, 450x444px
I may not hate boomers as much as everyone in the thread, but what gets me the most is the argument:
>we build our country hurr

YEAH YOU FUCKING DID IT ON PUMP USING DEBT THAT I WILL HAVE TO PAY BACK
HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I'D BUY YOU A HOUSE TAKING OUT A HUGE LOAN ON YOUR NAME? WOULD YOU BE GREATFUL?
I DON'T FUCKING THINK SO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1488687092061.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488687092061.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>39191868
Not him, but migrant boomer parents are the worst offenders. If you don't go to Uni they disown you. I'm assuming he means every degree is useless btw. I have lawyer and engineering friends that stacked shelves at Woolies for a good couple of years after graduating. Even now they're earning a pittance in their respective fields.
>>
File: counting money.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
counting money.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>39192003
Except boomers didn't build the country. The generation predating the boomers built it, hence why they're referred to as the builders generation. Which is why boomers are the greatest leeches in human history.
>>
>>39191961
Except you're also taking RISKS with home ownership (and responsible for all repairs, upkeep, renovations, etc.), and limiting yourself because you are then stuck in one place, and so limiting your ability to move for better jobs/higher income. It is very likely you will not sell the house for much profit if in 5 years you need to move in order to advance your career, and potentially might even be a loss. You're not going to pay as much for rent as you will for mortgage. At the end of renting, you have that free cash left over. At the end of buying a house, you have that free cash tied up in the house.

It's not BAD to own a home, but it is not BAD to rent either. There is no reason to look at homeownership as a necessity or superior.
>>
File: 1442495758163.gif (280KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1442495758163.gif
280KB, 400x388px
>>39192035
I'm in Europe (Austria), which was mostly destroyed after WW II thanks to you american fucks
So boomers here did to a lot of the building the country too. I am not even denying that.
But they are handing us the bill now, which is twice as big.

It's just not something I am ever going to be greatful. I never asked to be born in debt.
>>
>>39190442
>art degree
why? I live in Europe so maybe it is different where you live, but I have idea what you could even do with such a degree here

if you want to be an artist - just become one. one should not go to school to learn how to make a film or a painting for example

over to the red pill part tho

my dad yelled at me every day for a year and called me worthless and did not give me dinner etc because I could not get a job

then he lost his warehouse job and have been without a job for two years now

while I have had a job for over a year now. funny how things can turn. he had to swallow a enormous red pill after doing shit all for 600+ days

poor guy.
>>
>>39191972
>I don't know, you say it's harder for us but also conclude that we're stupid whiners.

It's harder, but not to this impossible level that seems to circulate.

I can't speak for Australia, though. I know nothing about it and do not even have friends there to skim information from. I know your food prices are absurd to me, though.

I always wonder what people mean when they say "frugally" though.
>>
File: 1487672339455.jpg (149KB, 1280x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1487672339455.jpg
149KB, 1280x1240px
>>39192060
I agree with this. However I do believe in rentvesting. Rent where you want to live, and buy investments where you can afford. Property purchases should never be driven emotionally.

I feel bad for those people that get attached. If I ever lose my job and can't afford the mortgage because I'm negatively geared, I can flip my property and not give a fuck because I'm renting elsewhere.
>>
She's butthurt because she's just realized you're not going to reproduce and that her genetic line ends with you.
>>
File: 1490253992280.jpg (65KB, 750x642px) Image search: [Google]
1490253992280.jpg
65KB, 750x642px
>>39192068
Uh...baby boomers would have been babies, infants or children post WW2 mate. Once again the builders generation built everything.

I get the feeling you're lumping in 70+ year olds as baby boomers. They're not, they're builders. My dad is 66 and didn't build shit, as he was born in 1951 and is a passive aggressive baby boomer. Also I aint no American.
>>
>>39192088
Are you familiar with instant noodles?
>>
>>39190299
Maybe just tell her the Charlottesville incident was basically a backlash against a society that doesn't offer young people any incentive to participate or keep it going anymore. Also tell her its going to get worse till something is done.
>>
>>39192176
I don't understand the question.
Ramen noodles? Familiar in what way?
>>
>>39192192
Picture yourself eating 50 cent noodles every day for 4 years. That's generally what frugal means.
>>
>>39192153
I suppose
I am talking about my grandparents, both 70+
But here in Austria those people are the generation that screwed over the people the most, by far
They all got themselves HUGE pensions, which is a giant reason for most of out debt today
They had huge job oppertunities, because the government invested a lot of money (again, which we are paying for today)
They did pay very little taxes back then. A lot of them didnt have many children.
They retired all earlier than 60, but most live until 90+
Obviously enjoy free healthcare, again, paid by my generation
All of them sitting in giant, empty mansions, that are now worth multiple millions

And then they are always wondering why young people are complaining, because back in their day they did not always have "the newest smartphone" or "a big tv".

THANKS GRANDMA, I WOULD HAPPILY TRADE IN MY PHONE AND TV FOR WOMEN THAT YOU COULD ACTUALLY SETTLE DOWN, A JOB ENVIROMENT WHERE I WOULDNT COMPETE WITH MILLIONS OF EASTERN EUROPEANS AND AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A HOUSE SOME DAY.
>>
>>39191346
Happened in my town in America. Houses that used to be worth millions on the market we're being sold at a fifth of their price simply because no one could afford paying the taxes anymore and no one else wanted to buy it. It's a bad time to own and sell because very few people actually have the money to cover a mortgage, let alone the taxes. I know I would be able to cover it even if I had my student loans paid off now.
>>
>>39190707
this makes my blood boil

>well I've got mine haha not my problem, just work harder you entitled millennial
>>
>>39192060
>Except you're also taking RISKS with home ownership

Yes, the biggest of which is the current housing bubble. The exact thing we talking about here. Even if you buy into the market, you may end up sitting on an asset that depreciates, and/or that you can't sell.

>limiting yourself because you are then stuck in one place

Not really. You can sell a house and but buy in a new location. If you end up doing that to soon after you buy, and the market value has not appreciated enough since you bought, you may take a bit on the sale. You have the option there of holding onto the house and renting it, funding your rental at the new location.
>>
>>39190716
>we are the first generation where the majority will never own their own house

lol, no we're not. Just the first in living memory.

As recently as the 1800's it was common for the 3 or generations of a working class family to be born, live, and die in the same house.
>>
>>39191868
>anon go to college because a degree is so important to have
>remember to do well on your SATs so you can go to a good college and get a good job
>if you don't go to college, you're going to be stuck working at the McDonald's in town five minutes from your parent's house
>employers only care about having the degree, it doesn't matter what you study
Literally fed these lie every day from every adult since I was 13. If this is all you're taught, you're most likely not going to do something different.
>>
>>39192295
Correct! That makes it all the more better that we'll be the first in 140 years to not own the roof over our heads when our standards of living should be improving...oh
>>
>>39192219
>not buying ramen noodles
>not buying large bags of frozen veggies
>not dicing up frozen veggies, throwing them in a pot with ramen noodles, adding a spoonful of minced garlic, throwing in some chopped up left over chicken/lunchmeat
>not enjoying your delicious nutritious home made chicken noodle soup

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>39191162
i cant stop laughing

>Tbh I mostly just think about leaving my kids books that I've found to be useful and valuable, and whatever good I do for them in raising and teaching them.

what the actual fuck man?
>>
>>39192436
Knowledge is important.
Specific books are useful.
The goal is to produce a self-sufficient adult that does not NEED me or my handouts. I can financially help them along as needed and they can have what is left when I die, but again, the goal is to produce self-sufficient offspring, not prolonged adolescence/dependency.
>>
>>39190803
>t. A person with a rich mommy and daddy I did it all on my own :)
>>
File: Supriseplayer.png (36KB, 105x120px) Image search: [Google]
Supriseplayer.png
36KB, 105x120px
>>39190299
My mum watches British television as well, anon!
What's up with Boomers women and their enamor for the Brits???

Anyway, don't even try to redpill her, OP.
She loves you, but do you think she cares?
You'll be wasting your breath. And if she DOES hear you out, what is the outcome that's gonna be worth all the trouble?
Is she gonna change our shitty millennial situation?
Is she gonna hand over the money to get you a house?
No. In one ear, and out the other, OP.
Leave your mother to her English fantasy.
>>
>>39192512
Considering that inheritance is the only realistic thing that's going to save me from paying my student loans so I can finally start saving, I would be happy you'd die if all you left me was a book to tell me to git gud.
>>
>>39191868
It's all they told kids from the early 2000s to today. Go to college or fail at life. It was said so often and so casually that impressionable kids got brainwashed into thinking that just going to college period was good enough. There was no follow-through to tell us what would actually work.

I bave a decent job for my degree, but you see scores of propaganda victims along the way.
>>
>>39192512
here is how it will really go

>today we have the will of anon
>leaving to his children is the complete works of harry potter and a get rich quick book
>we also have some musty maths textbooks and the great gatsby
>"fucking dad"
>>
>>39190707
>those smug smiles from the boomers
Boomer genocide when
>>
>>39192512
>Self sufficiency
>On no land
>>
>>39192561
>student loans
You fell for the meme.
I did not get a degree and thus have no debt, and I'm making similar wages to friends who are still paying off student loan debt.

>>39192594
Not far off, don't read much fiction though.
Part of it in addition to usefulness is that emotional impact, ie: "fucking dad".

>>39192668
Self-sufficient doesnt mean meme grow ur own produce slaughter ur own cows make cheese go back to the 1700s, u dummy.
Means able to care for oneself. As in, able to afford their expenses, make smart decisions regarding those expenses, etc.
>>
>>39192700
>go back to the 1700s, u dummy
would if I could anon
>>
>>39192785
have fun dying of a mundane disease we don't even think about now. and being poor.
>>
>>39192812
This is just a meme the jews tell you so you don't question why the industrial revolution has done fuck all to make your life better. In truth if you made it to this age then chances are you'd make it to your 60s
>>
>>39192878
we didn't even have antibiotics until the 1920's you dolt.
not everything is a jewish conspiracy.
>>
>>39192931
yeah, so what? I've never had to take them in my life. Do you think in the 18th century people were just dropping like flies? That a 20 year old man living to his 60s was a rare occurrence?
>>
>>39191979

>i'm a fucking retard

fixed that for you
>>
>>39193014
you as a single person in modern times with hygienic living environments and vaccinations against disease never needing antiobiotics means very, very little statistically since you're using an anecdote of ONE SINGLE PERSON
the 1700s had you know, the whole dysentery epidemic (treatable with antibiotics) killing loads of people

loads of women also DIED in childbirth, which is nearly unheard of now

smallpox, which we have a vaccination for now and is basically unheard of

tuberculosis--which is also treated by antibiotics and basically off our radar now

anyone suffering from diabetes, cancer, and other modern illnesses we can (sometimes) handle now were basically screwed then

surgical operations without antibiotics? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. good luck.

yeah, people in the 1700's died A LOT MORE OFTEN of things we don't even think about as a large threat now. epidemics are rare now, they were not then.
>>
>>39193166
>you as a single person in modern times with hygienic living environments and vaccinations against disease never needing antiobiotics means very, very little statistically since you're using an anecdote of ONE SINGLE PERSON
>the 1700s had you know, the whole dysentery epidemic (treatable with antibiotics) killing loads of people
You mean in an environment where my immune system was allowed to strengthen? Sounds like I'd have even better odds

>loads of women also DIED in childbirth, which is nearly unheard of now
Good thing I'm not a roastie then

>smallpox, tuberculosis, dysentery
plenty of people survived this. Besides, just move out of the city, then you will be fine.

>cancer
yes blasting people with radiation and poisonous chemicals is working out so well for them. Ever watched someone you love undergo cancer treatment?

>surgical operations without antibiotics? hahahahahahahahahahahaha. good luck.
Samuel Pepys had his bladder stone removed through surgery, in shitty poor-infested 17th century London. Worked out well for him

>yeah, people in the 1700's died A LOT MORE OFTEN of things we don't even think about as a large threat now. epidemics are rare now, they were not then.
Just how it was back then, you wouldn't know any different to worry about it. And again, just move out of the city and they don't affect you.
>>
File: 1497092794611.jpg (74KB, 707x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497092794611.jpg
74KB, 707x682px
>>39191138
Found the nihilist. Why not just end it now?
>>
>>39191194
>>39190796
nah just overthrow capitalism guys
>>
>>39190299
i think people are just falling for the trick in journalism/entertainment to make you constantly believe you are on the cusp of some difficult time period.

boomers had a fucking trash life in their 20s compared to us. you can't compare marriage rates or the "housing market" (which you think is just suburban single family units) because we have completely different values culturally. now on the scale of one human being, you are totally free to marry young and get a job in a rising industry which you will keep long term.

if boomers were all so wealthy and carefree and owned villas and yachts, then none of you would have any problems ever in your entire lives you dipshits. if you're born here, that means you have yachts and villas too. if you're not born here, it still means you can find someone with a yacht to be friends with on every street corner. but none of it is true, people are just disagreeing with their parents on certain things like they always have.
>>
>>39192700
>Means able to care for oneself. As in, able to afford their expenses, make smart decisions regarding those expenses, etc.
Anon you're confusing independence with self sufficiency.
>>
>>39193672
self-sufficient
adjective
able to provide for or support oneself without the help of others
>>
>>39193751

"self-sufficient

adjective
needing no outside help in satisfying one's basic needs, especially with regard to the production of food."

If you have to buy/rent something, you're not self sufficient in regards to that thing.

Not being dependent on mummy and daddy bank account is not self sufficiency.
>>
>>39190641
>>39190299
Im with ya melbros this place is a fucken hole. Sisters been trying to get into the housing market and its fucken tough even with two wages. I reckon its just going to get worse as well seeing as every chinese millionaire is trying to gtfo of china right now.
>>
>>39193867
whoah its almost like words have multiple meanings depending on context
>>
>>39190383
If you want work on a trade become a welder, there will be a massive shortage in a few years time due to the lack of new apprentices
>>
>>39191161
>mfw grandpa was one of the first to figure out how to melt tungsten
>mfw he dies early and grandma spends it all
>mfw his partner earns hundreds of millions
>mfw grandma spent all the inheritance
>>
>>39191861
>posts on /r9k/
hmmmmm
>>
>>39190664
Getting your foot in the door requires connections though. They don't draw up the job listing to actually look for someone with three years in an entry level position, they do it to make sure no one else is qualified so they can hire the nephew of Debby from HR uncontested. For a normie, that may be doable. For a robot, we've stumbled at the first block.
>>
File: unimpressed cat3.jpg (36KB, 265x299px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed cat3.jpg
36KB, 265x299px
>>39190299
>that show with betty white as the host where they have old people play tricks, pranks and gags on younger people
I think the show is called "Off their rockers" or something like that
>this exists
Isn't it enough that they played the biggest prank of all by fucking so much shit up for future generations?
>>
>>39190794
Oh, FUCK you. Years on end we're told how important it is to buy houses because they only appreciate in value. Renting is for suckers, you'll never own the property, just a money pit! Now when you fucks have made the market impenetrable you have the nerve to claim it's not important? Boomer sighted.
>>
>>39194469
I'm just going to inherit my fathers house
>>
>>39194469
Born in the 90's.

Have never been taught "houses only appreciate in value". All sorts of stuff can happen. Simple stuff like a new highway being built, your neighbors not taking care of their property, natural disasters in the city/neighborhood, etc. can greatly detract from home value.

They are not guaranteed to go up either--housing markets crash at times.
>>
>>39190299

>She started crying, asked where my apathy had come from, and locked herself in her bedroom.

Poor little boomer fuck ruined the country for her children and now she wants to cry when she realizes her children will pay the price. Boomers deserve to hang from their intestines in the streets.
>>
>>39194571
places with well managed home owners associations tend to get up at least, granted its almost like not actually owning your property though since you are at their mercy
>>
>>39194600
does not account for changes to the city/town, road infrastructure, natural disasters, etc.
plus HOA is nightmare.
>>
god im happy i live in sweden, we have a government program wich gives houses to people under 25 and the only thing you have to do is sign upp at 18
>>
File: thinking gudako.png (91KB, 305x253px) Image search: [Google]
thinking gudako.png
91KB, 305x253px
>>39194670
>government program wich gives houses
are they stolen or build with tax money?
>>
>>39194670
hahahah what the fuck are you talking about, it's nearly impossible to get an apartment in sweden
>>
I'm a slavshit who works a grunt job abroad earning about as much as a doctor back home so I can bypass the impossibility of doing anything with my life without connections or 20 years of specialist education. I lucked out I guess. Earning 5 times as much as my mom back home did makes me fucking wonder how she used the loose change she earned to feed a family of five, especially considering our shitslavia somehow has more expensive food than fucking Germany. In fact I have no fucking clue how anyone survives down there.
>>
>>39190299
The owners of those houses will be dead, do you think they will be left vacant?
>>
>>39190383
this so hard.

I think the best way to deal with the situation nowadays is to be self employed or get profits from underground working market.

There is literally no way you can have a job, survive, afford a house AND a car unless you get into debt like 30 years.

You can finally die happy at 60 (while still working, us millenials will never see pension...) knowing that you fully paid for your house.

How cool is that?
>>
What if there was a mom version of /r9k/

>tfw all you want to do is relax after a hard day of work and watch some tv
>tfw your shithead NEET son emerges from his lair to snark about your entertainment choices and conclude that you must be a bad person because he's such a failure
>>
>>39194870
Yes, the government auctions "fixer upper" houses for 1 dollar all the time as a last ditch effort before they demolish them because they were left vacant for so damn long.
>>
>>39190803
t. a hard working dude who's parents happen to make 6 figures
>>
>>39190803
suck did asscunt. You're probably the successful type that his parrents happened to drop a huge investment to make your shitty business work.

You have no idea what it's like to literally have nothing (and probably come off into adulthood with emotional baggage from a shitty childhood) and you probably never will.

tl;dr eat shit
>>
File: 1502031388987.jpg (90KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502031388987.jpg
90KB, 721x1024px
>>39190393
ya I'm going to saddle myself with debt for the rest of my life for a shot at a job in an uncertain job market where my race/gender puts me at a disadvantage and they'll probably just get a Pajeet from India who paid $4000 total for his degree anyways because he'll shut up and work for less money

I and my generation are solely and totally responsible for these economic and social circumstances, despite the fact that we had 0 impact on public policy and many couldn't even fucking vote up until a few years ago. I am also completely responsible for housing increasing in cost by 200% in cities that still have good jobs left and the cost of education (university tuition) increasing by over 200% while incomes stayed roughly the same.

The older generations which let jobs bleed outside the West and manufacturing/engineering jobs go to China, encouraged globalization, and opened the floodgates to immigration and cheap labor are 0% responsible for the current state of affairs.
>>
>>39191116
>If you're spending all your time playing games alone then yeah, you're odds of meeting someone lower.
I spend all my time at the office; salaried, so no overtime pay. We get bonuses, but they aren't guaranteed -- when we have gotten them, they work out to straight time pay.
>>
How the fuck do some of y'all fall for the "muh boomers" meme. I'm 18 rent my own house , pay for my own bills, and will be going to college. Also if you're not doing stem don't go .it really isn't that hard to get a house or live on your own as long as you're not a downy.
>>
File: 1445584348714.jpg (263KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
1445584348714.jpg
263KB, 720x764px
>watching tv show about people on welfare
>some boomer has a go at an unemployed woman
>"you have to do something to justify your existence"
Brutal.

Can any boomer justify their one-way drain on the resources of their nation, at the cost of all generations to come after them?
Should a man have to justify his existence or immediately accept death?

I work a minimum wage job, but at least it's a job. However, that does not justify my existence. The workplace doesn't need me. I'm completely disposable.
>>
>>39190609
probably because she has a working adult leeching off of her.
>inb4 everything isn't roses today
yeah, it is a shame, but times change and infantilizing yourself isn't going to be well received by anyone who cares about your esteem
>>
>>39195414
I rp on r9k too its gr8 b8
>>
>>39193422
Empty hope that things will improve even though all signs point against that, I guess. Not him, but.
>>
>>39191979
You were supposed to research your degree ahead of time and pick one with good job prospects you fucking idiot.
>>
>>39192068
>which was mostly destroyed after WW II thanks to you american fucks
I don't understand why this surprises you so
>>
File: 1481573464707.jpg (24KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1481573464707.jpg
24KB, 640x559px
>>39190803
Honestly, how sad do you even have to be to post this kind of shit to /r9k/?

This is literally a board populated by losers. I don't mean that as an insult, either, that's just how it is. I'm as much a loser as anyone else here. Is boasting about your success to damaged individuals the only way to make yourself feel better? How genuinely pathetic do you have to be that your success alone isn't enough to make you feel good, so you feel compelled to rub it in the faces of people who aren't as well off as you? Are you that insecure?
>>
>>39190314
Y a ti que conyo te importa si llegan con dinero fresco y tias buenas
>>
>>39195414
Did your parents give you a small business loan to start out? Or do you live in one of those lesser, almost third-world countries where rents and cost-of-living are low?
>>
Have sex with her and she will start to respect you
>>
More resources have been expended on the Boomer generation than all previous generations combined.

P.S
Don't get into debt
>>
>>39195959
I want to get into ass much debt as I can turn as much as I can into cash then OD
How could I achieve this anon?
>>
>>39190299
Haven't the Chinese completely ruined the housing market in Australia? Talk about that
>>
>>39190383
I got my bachelor's degree in history back in 2014. Biggest waste of money in my life. Had really good grades (gpa 3.9) but employers don't give a shit about that. Just moved back in with my dad a few months ago after 3 years of post-grad wagecuckery in restaurants because I couldn't take it any more. Every white-collar position wants previous experience. Been NEET for 3 months now and not sure what I'm gonna do
>>
>>39196414
>I got my bachelor's degree in history back in 2014.
Did you never ask yourself what a degree in history might be worth in the job market? You can't do anything worth paying for with that shit.
>>
>>39196414
>Every white-collar position wants previous experience.
Go for blue-collar positions then.
>>
>>39192070
>if you want to be an artist - just become one. one should not go to school to learn how to make a film or a painting for example
This approach is why American culture is in the gutter.
>>
>>39191590
Schadenfreude at the boomer generation's misery is the only thing that's left for us.
>>
>>39195262
>that picture
>all inflated industries are heavily regulated by the government

hmmm... really activates my hazelnuts.
>>
>>39197339
Government regulation is not a problem. Lobbying is. Lobbying should be illegal. When the government actually fucking does its job without outside interference it does a good job. Its when you let corporations have a say that it gets fucked because corporations only care about themselves.
>>
>>39195671
>research your degree ahead of time and pick one with good job prospects

You fucking idiot. This is one of the biggest problems. It creates over saturation. Getting a degree is at a minimum two year long investment and can go as high as eight or more. The markets change in that time. If everyone says that fudge packing has the best payout right now and needs workers and everyone doing research sees that and goes for it by the time everyone graduates there are to fucking many of them.

You are supposed to fucking do what you love/like/dont hate regardless of current prospects because it creates natural diversification. If you want to do a trade just go to a trade school and forgo college altogether.
>>
>>39194870
Yes. I doubt anyone will give me one. No instead my fucking landlord buys them all up and rents them. The chink whore literally buys a new property a weak. He pays me a few hundred to go in and photo anything of value and destroy anything of not and get rid of the degree. I've trashed so many photo albums I've lost count.
>>
>>39190336
The same thing is happening here in the US. Last year I had my eye on a unit that was going for 500usd a month. Its been empty a year so I was just watching it to see if it would go down while I waited for my current lease to expire. Then it started going up. By 100usd a month. This was a fucking studio with NOTHING included. When it hit 900 I gave up on it. Then I looked else where and fucking everything doubled. My landlord flat told me to renew I would be paying 400usd more a month for the same apartment. Now I'm living on the edge of the city in a fucking trailer because its literally all I can afford. Best part? My current landlord already told me he will likely raise rates because hes had so many applicants and that any month my rent could go up.
>>
>>39190664
>If rent is over average cost where you're living, you don't need to live there.

The problem is the average cost keeps going up. Over the last year property rates in my city doubled. Did my paycheck double? Nope.
>>
>>39190664
>There are tons of boring flyover states with high job demand because no one wants to live there, and comparatively low cost of rent/living.

I actually tried this. No one would hire me. I explained I'm looking to move to a job and they flat said they wouldn't even consider me unless I showed up to an interview in person. It was to "prove" I could make it to the job site.

This means I have to at great expense fucking move myself to these places first without an assurance of work. I dont have that kind of fucking money. I cant afford that level of risk even if I did.
>>
>>39196671
Not that guy, but do you know that blue collar work is pretty much the same shit?
There is always contruction going on in my city, bit no one will hire you if you have prior experience.
Youre better off joining the army and fighting some poitnless war
>>
>>39191721
>if the city is too expensive, move.

How? With what money? Will I be able to get a job there? What happens if I cant find work where ever I move?
>>
>>39198207
My current job is where I live, and they still just did a phone and then skype interview.
>>
>>39198250
*no prior exp
>>
>>39198263
Thats great mind calling up these places and telling them to allow skype interviews?
>>
>>39198255
Dude, stop paying attention to retards like him
There are too many idiots on this board that try to give career and life advice to people and never even worked before or experienced anything.
>>
>>39198255
Moving is not that expensive.
Do you not get a tax return?
Do you not have any savings?
Sell/get rid of all non-necessities, rent a uhaul to hook to your vehicle (if you have a car, these can have a hitch put on them) to bring all necessities with you to eliminate cost of movers besides bare minimum (ie: moving your mattress--movers can be hired to help move your heavy items out of old place, then into old, for about $50).

You can find work anywhere. It is not difficult unless you live in a town of 20 people.
>>
>>39198308
Look at different jobs then. You don't need your "ideal" job right out of the gate. You only need income source until you find more ideal job in the new location.

What field are you in?

>>39198319
I've been working for seven years.
>>
>>39198377
You still give shit advice. Blind leading the blind
>>
>>39195262
A-at least TV's are cheaper. That's what really matters r-right guys?
>>
>>39198336
>Moving is not that expensive.
Bullshit It costs me about 100usd to move across city let alone anywhere else.

>Do you not get a tax return?
Got 300 last return

>Do you not have any savings?
Nope I have about 50usd extra a month. That 50 is what I have to keep myself from going insane and normally it goes to pay the internet.

>Sell/get rid of all non-necessities,
I dont even have anything to get rid of. I dont make enough to be able to buy anything that I could get rid of.

>your vehicle
Cant afford one. If I put that extra 50usd away it would take a number of years just to be able t o buy a clunker.

>You can find work anywhere.
Correct. The problem is that no jobs allow a second job anymore. Also full time does not exist any more. I work at family dollar and I get anywhere from 8 to 25 hours a weak completely random. I must also keep perfect availability. I was told day one if I ever got another job I would be fired. This was not the first job to tell me that.

There are simply TO MANY PEOPLE. When they can hire so many people and give each of them shifts like they do to me and my coworkers while still being able to force complete availability there is no chance to move up.

Even worse? Fucking feminists ruined the one perk of the job. It used to be that your raises were determined by your manager. You could go into a meeting and walk away with a fucking 2usd raise because you work so hard. Now its standardized. Everyone gets the same raise once a year to prevent discrimination. So now I cant even "work hard" to make more money.
>>
>>39198377
>Look at different jobs then. You don't need your "ideal" job right out of the gate. You only need income source until you find more ideal job in the new location.

The problem is a lot of these bumfuck nowhere places only have one job outside of minimum wage shit. There is no where else to get an income source and a gas station wont hire someone out of state. Its a gas station. The bigger cities have people from allover the state because they are the only cities worth a damn in those states. I have to compete with people who already moved to those cities with the faint hope of work. I wont move until I already have a job.

>What field are you in?
My degree is in Criminology.
>>
>>39190922
Same in coastal California. There are decent social services to help the poor survive but no one other than the upper class will be able to afford to get a house here. Inland is still affordable and on-par with the rest of the country but other than like Riverside or Fresno it's very rural and about as hospitable as Inland Australia. I don't have any solution except wait for the population to decrease with Trump's immigration restriction and people moving out. That'll take decades, unfortunately.
>>
>>39198504
>100usd
that is not a lot of money.

>Nope I have about 50usd extra a month. That 50 is what I have to keep myself from going insane and normally it goes to pay the internet.
Tell me your income vs. expenses.

>Also full time does not exist any more.
Literally every job I've gotten in the last 7 years has been full time unless I specifically looked for part time.

>I work at family dollar and I get anywhere from 8 to 25 hours a weak completely random.
Stop working these shitty minimum wage retail jobs.

>>39198572
You don't need to go to "bumfuck nowhere". Larger cities in states people forget about still have decent cities and a lot of jobs.

>My degree is in Criminology.
Why did you take a shit degree? College is waste enough but why?
>>
>>39198734
>Why did you take a shit degree?

Because I literally cant do college level math. I have a learning disability that makes statistics and high level math impossible for me. It was not verified until the third year of my enrollment so I salvaged it instead of walking away with nothing. I picked criminology because I assumed that there will always be criminals and thus I can work in a field relating to them.
>>
>>39198805
Bad choice, bad luck.

Might need to accept you can't do shit with that degree except say "hey, I went to college".

What do you currently do for work?
>>
>>39198734
>Tell me your income vs. expenses.
I make right about 100usd a week after taxs. My rent/electric/water is 350. I split the bills with my roommate. Internet is 80usd only one ISP provider. If I want it that month I have to pony up 40usd.

>Stop working these shitty minimum wage retail jobs.
They are the only ones hiring. Anything more than bare bones minimum wants experience which I dont have. Mostly because I cant afford unpaid internships which are the only internships available for me. I also need perfect availability for what job I do have.

If there are magical jobs that I can just walk into please tell me them so that I can get one.
>>
>>39198893
>I make right about 100usd a week after taxs
Problem right here.

>If there are magical jobs that I can just walk into please tell me them so that I can get one.
You are in the US? Where do you live?
>>
>>39198919
>Problem right here.

Nah shit. Does it look like I only want to make 100 a weak?

>You are in the US? Where do you live?
Tampa, Florida.
>>
>>39198877
>What do you currently do for work?
I mow lawns and cut trees. I have the police academy lined up but the testing for it wont even start for a few months yet.
>>
>>39198947
How long have you been at the dollar store job and what is your position there?
Have you had prior jobs? If so, what?
What is your age?
Do you have any skills?

>>39198977
My dad did landscaping as a business for many years. If you're self-employed, it might be paying well. If you're on the level of his mexican slave workers, probably not an ideal job. Seems like a good job in terms of work though--very good for you physically. I've enjoyed the manual labor jobs I've had, but they generally pay poorly.
Seems like you're heading for something though. Good job. The other anon is more the situation I'm familiar with people helplessly trapping themselves in.
>>
>>39197339
Cars are really regulated as well yet have gone down in price. Don't think it's much to do with that.
>>
>>39198947
Oh, I forgot to ask your current hourly pay for the job you're at.
Also if you are comfortable, your zip code would be useful.
>>
File: braunschweig.png (235KB, 483x449px) Image search: [Google]
braunschweig.png
235KB, 483x449px
>>39195789
He's probably exaggerating shit my dude
>>
>>39199018
>How long have you been at the dollar store job and what is your position there?
6 months now. I do everything from unloading trucks to stocking shelves to working the register. Literally whatever it is my boss tells me to do that day.

>Have you had prior jobs? If so, what?
Fedex for a year. Walmart for 3 months. My best was a resident assistant job. I got two years of management experience, managed budgets up to 10k, had the department charge card, hired 8 people that worked under me, trained them, managed up to 400 students, had crises training, mitigated arguments and disagreements, handled mail. Basically fucking everything that I was told are "key" skills for resume's. No one hired me as I left that job. Nowhere. I was either "overqualified" which yes I had two separate managers tell me that or I was missing some key thing like software knowledge that precluded me. Then it fallowed and its so old it doesn't mater any more.

>What is your age?

Do you have any skills?
Everything I stated above really. I can maintain computers but nothing coding related.
>>
>>39191577
Where do you live and what's the average cost of a house that's about 45 minutes from the centre on foot?
>>
>>39199059
>current hourly pay for the job you're at.
9usd

>your zip code would be useful.
>>
>>39190299
>She started crying
What the fuck, why would anyone cry at that? Do people actually start crying at random shit? Even the women in my family don't do that
>>
>>39190844
>Games are cheap as anything, they're one of the cheapest forms of entertainment

Thank Christ for CEX
>>
>>39190299

https://youtu.be/2iopvk1Xx3s
>>
>>39199147
http://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?jid=456405&cid=6709&locvalue=1081

https://gems.fastmail.usf.edu:4440/psc/gemspro-tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=14164&PostingSeq=1&

https://www1.apply2jobs.com/AmscotFinancial/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=1&sid=12

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Positive-Technologies,-Inc./jobs/Warehouse-Order-Filler-Stock-12d38c88099a8cfb?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvcO48O2ItpDc08h69hO47qy9sHNQHVZtT9cpH8Q6hq7XZC3Ll5dYmOWXEz3aqfspyTFoiGhX9-rtL03NV-sBOOs

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/RES-Accessories/jobs/Warehouse-Worker-b2fa95d2b542fd7f?q=warehouse

https://careers.homedepot.com/job/6961491/warehouse-associate-tampa-fl/

http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/wayfair/job/oBlQ5fwB?__jvst=Job%20Board&__jvsd=Indeed

https://careers-breakthrubev.icims.com/jobs/6929/night-warehouse-associate---tampa/job?mode=job&iis=Indeed&iisn=Indeed.com&mobile=false&width=1020&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Convergys/jobs/Technical-Support-Help-Desk-Engineer-457c25c176bade7a?q=help+desk

You can also find a lot of security jobs if you pay some small amount to get licsened.
It may also be in your best interest to take a small loan for a car (3k will buy you a decent used car off craigslist--the loan will also build your credit score which is useful for you). I would say don't do that until you can move into a better paying/full time job, ideally, but if that comes down to the one roadblock preventing you from getting to a decent jobs, there may be no way around it. Your monthly rent/expenses are not bad at all, though. I'm paying more than twice what you do right now.
>>
Not only did the boomers have opportunity, paid training and adancement.

They got to grow up and be amongst their peers in a time without shit skins swarming in all demanding THEIR GIBZ.

Now we grew up in a time of toxic idealogies making SJWs, transfaggots and faggots and SHITSKINS EVERYWHERE.

Literally growing up in a hostile environment, this isn't our society anymore.
>>
File: 1503164655065m.jpg (201KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1503164655065m.jpg
201KB, 1024x681px
I'm in Vancouver BC and I want to fucking die.

I've got computer skills but no formal education or certification. I did an interview for a marketing company but I was overqualified for what was basically data entry even though there would have been space for me to move into IT or design.

I'm honestly considering getting a metalworking certification or some shit just so I can get a job and make good money.

Any advice?
>>
>>39199388
Complaining about this does nothing.
Adapt and evolve to your environment. Play the game or quit.
>>
You can buy a small mansion for around $200k in Buffalo, normal houses cost absolutely nothing. In fairness Buffalo is one of the most depressing places on the face of the fucking planet but still.
>>
>>39199413
>I've got computer skills but no formal education or certification.

Same here, don't even have a GED (no one checks), but got into a tech support job at a call center that will qualify as 1yr experience in "IT" on a resume to move up (got in based on previous customer service experience and passing a fairly mundane technical screening that asked stuff about what is MS Office used for, how do you get to task manager, how do you find an IP, what is a VPN, etc.).
Look at what those next-tier jobs in your area ask for. Many in my area want basic certifications like A+ or Network+. These are pretty easy certifications. You can get all the resource material for free. Pair that with 1yr in some shit tier IT call center and you might be able to get a field technician job, then keep on climbing.
>>
>>39199418

no, it's time for 'western civilization' to crash and burn and kill all the kikes and shit skins whilst we are at it
>>
>>39199475
My father's IT department colleagues suggested those compTIA certifications, how hard were they to get?
>>
>>39199487
whites won't let other whites kil jews andl non-whites
just like the last time
>>
>>39190707
i want to punch that wrinkled old bitch in the face
>>
>>39199586
Difference being they don't have any guns this time.
>>
>>39199563
A+ is basic tier. It's a lot of memorizing stupid info like how much ram windows 7 enterprise edition supports. Then other really basic stuff you probably already know or could figure out really easily--like what sort of media is hot swappable.
Most difficult part is probably printers just cus no one thinks about printers or knows the names of specific parts like they do with PC hardware. You can get the books for free online, via torrents, and via IRC ebook stuff (google it and you'll find a reddit thread with instructions if you've never used IRC for ebooks). IIRC most of the professior messer videos are online for free as well, and there are a lot of apps that have practice questions that you can just do periodically. Just boils down to actually doing it with some consistency.
My not-that-smart and not-that-computer savvy mom passed the A+ (was required for her medical billing courses) for fuck's sake.
>>
>>39190299

Ironically, I think millennials in my country have it better than many in the west. I'm 29, and I served in the military, have a degree and trade certification, and own a business and a house. We're not as developed as say Germany or UK, but we were one of the few countries in Europe to avoid the massive recession, and we're outside the eurozone.

A little bit of historical parallel, we sealed the borders and avoided the bubonic plague, and took similar actions and avoided islamic extremism.
>>
>>39190707

old white, smug boomers about to die laughing because they've had theirs and don't give a fuck.

who represents the younger generations?

a paki and some roastie bitch.

the racial aspect alone is a big tell, the way he says 'our country will go bust unless we get our gibz' whilst the young roastie bitch is a career bitch who won't be marrying a white man and making a big white family.

so literally a shit country plundered by kikes and old boomers who have had theirs, the younger generations are more and more pakis and niggers and with tony blairs policies most young white people are now just white chavs whose mother only gave birth to them to get on benefits and a council house.

the future is already gone.
>>
>>39199640
the goverment does
and a civil war in america would likely start a world war
>>
File: boomers-jake-dimare-quote.png (337KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
boomers-jake-dimare-quote.png
337KB, 960x720px
Baby boomer hate thread? Baby boomer hate thread.
>>
File: 1482628075105.jpg (51KB, 629x381px) Image search: [Google]
1482628075105.jpg
51KB, 629x381px
>those damn millennials and their sexual immorality!
>>
>>39199715
Majority will defect especially muhreens. You can be fucking certain the cops aren't going to help out. After what's been happening over the last couple decades and even just days with 6 officers getting ambushed in the span of a few hours and the riots at the BPD they know who's on their side, even if they disagree with them.
>>
>millennials don't know anything, they're that stupid!
>>
>>39199759
QUICKLY
WE NEED MORE MEXICANS
>>
>>39190553
Why would anyone want this, though? Can you look back and say it was worth it? I personally would have killed myself. I get next to nothing from living and if this was my situation, I would have pulled the trigger
>>
>>39190299
>are in enormous debt from useless uni degrees
Don't get a useless degree and go to a public uni and you'll be fine, even in America
>>
>when I was your age, we walked 1 mile to buy a diamond with our minimum wage job and it only cost a few hours of work!
>>
>>39190299
I'm lucky that my parents understand my situation even though they are both hardcore 50s boomers. Seriously I think I would be like dead in a gutter without them at least helping me a little bit right now. Or, I don't know, maybe it would have been better for me not to be so protected. Back then in a lot of ways it would have, socially at least I think.
But I definitely agree with you that the entire situation is fucked and for a lot of us your situation is pretty much all there is. Hope someone gives you the pills you are looking for because I ain't got shit m8y.
>>
>millennials do not respect their elders! I wonder why?
>>
>>39191158

^
THIS.

but society has always been a shame and the life of a slave unless you were at the very top
>>
>Back in my day, we actually protested for things that mattered.
>>
>>39199826
I wanted it.
It was stressful at the time, but that is temporary compared to what comes after.
If the alternative is death, yes, it is worth it. I am wired to survive, as most people are. Also a+ did not have to abandon my dog.
>>
currently going for a degree, then plan on getting an internship while furthering my studies.
if that doesn't work then it's military because there is always business in war
>>
>That breakfast restaurant was not open by 6AM, sonny boy! That's much more important than the shitty economy we created!
>>
>>39191184
>try explaining to parents that everything is slowly going to shit from a historical perspective
>they just laugh it off and tell me to keep shaking manager's hands and try to find a nice church girl
MANAGERS DON'T GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY AND ANY GIRL WHO IS A "CHURCH GIRL" IS AS BIG A WHORE AS A "NON-CHURCH GIRL"
>>
File: 1485042431166.jpg (134KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
1485042431166.jpg
134KB, 640x888px
>Those millennials and their entitlement? Why can't they just borrow hundreds of thousands in student loans then pay them all off while in school?
>>
>Damn those millennials! They cannot afford anything. They must be lazy!
>>
>>39190299
>went to work out of high school
>completed an apprenticeship by 21
>working 40-hour weeks making more than double min. wage
>bought a vacant 1-acre property outside of town for $8000 down
>just finished building a two-storey house
>$110,000 mortgage I expect to pay off within 10 years
Fuck off.
>>
>It's because they are lazy. When I was their age, I was working 10 full time jobs and did not sleep at all.
>>
>>39199918
If you decide to sell your soul go either option 40 or SEAL challenge. With option 40 you can get an instant enlistment bonus of $40,000 if you speak arabic and SEALs make about $50k a year starting not including all the bonus pays they get.
>>
>Damn millennials do not have any social skills whatsoever! All they ever do is play on their phones.
>>
>>39194778

they survive by drinking eachovers shit, piss and cum all mixed up.
>>
>>39199938
charge your phone brehbreh
>>
>>39199930
you've got to get out of the west while you still can, hell even east asia. The world is due for another crash and burn and another war to restart it.
>>
>Get off my lawn! There are no Pikachus here.
>>
>>39199930
Church girls are some of the biggest sluts out there. Anyone who went to a catholic school can attest.
>>
File: 1458516316421.jpg (775KB, 1600x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1458516316421.jpg
775KB, 1600x1256px
>I only worked 5 full time jobs and had no debt while in the greatest economy in the earth established by my grandfather!
>>
>>39199981
I'm not built to be a seal, and I WAS learning arabic but had to move states to a shitter community college. My plan is to just take the piss for a while, get a GI bill and if the world isn't on fire by then finish my degree and get a job in africa or some shit
thanks for the advice
>>
>Back in my day, my grandfather's generation established an excellent economy to where I could buy a house at age 21 with a minimum wage job.
>>
File: 893965d6dfab84ac85adfac6ff4dfde3.jpg (447KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
893965d6dfab84ac85adfac6ff4dfde3.jpg
447KB, 1024x1024px
>You millennials are just entitled and spoiled brats.
>>
File: boomers.jpg (1MB, 1258x1307px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.jpg
1MB, 1258x1307px
>>39191158
>>39199876

Yep, no security. Don't know if you'll wake up with a job or any income the next day. How the fuck do you plan a family or buying a house around that?

The only decent job security you get is in some government sectors. I guess you can work your way up the military or police if you're lucky...assuming they don't deploy you to some desolate dune where a jihadi cuts your head off, or some nigger doesn't shoot you dead in the streets.

Otherwise, the government loves hiring females and minorities with useless qualifications for their overpaid public administration make-work.

Private sector is a clusterfuck, unions are gone, company loyalty is gone (yet they complain about job hoppers), more and more corps just use temps they can fire in one second. Temporary foreign workers and migrant labor. And that's not just low-end, high-paying positions at tech companies like Intel, AMD, Google, Facebook all use H1b's when they can. You can't just get a job at Ford and work there for 40 years, retire with a nice pension and benefits.

A lot of important social systems (not just economic and financial) are fucking up, I think we're in for Mr Bones' Wild Ride in the 2020s
>>
>>39200000
Oof. Quints checked
>>
>>39200115
>>39200124

boomermind
>>
>>39200000
Goddamn every time I see one of those saggy fat fucks I want to blow their brains out. You can just tell how they are, see the entitlement. These fat fuckers sit on medicaid because they can't stop eating shit 50s food. Even my Gramma admits the world will be a better place without her generation
>>
>>39200124
The wild ride is coming, but what can you do about it? Society isn't something you can opt-out of unfortunately, the only option is to keep playing the game.
Marriage is dead, owning property is unsuitable, education means nothing, inflation is always rising, on and on and on. This is the world now and there's nowhere you can go to escape it anymore. You'd better hope it ends in war instead of another 1929
>>
>>39199645
A bunch of people had talked it up as if it was so difficult. I'll try to find the books online.
>>
>>39190664
this is basically a boomer talking.

26yo dutch here

>don't buy stuff you like unless you NEED it.
my dad COULD buy awesome shit and new motorcylcles with his shitty farm-helping-hand payment when he was 17. I can't.

>you don't NEED a new car
No I don't. But my parents COULD just buy a brand new volkswagen when they were my age.

>If it's too expensive in the place you like to live or was born you just move to shitty parts
Sure dude. Because nobody likes to live in nice places. Also my dad COULD just buy a pretty big nice 1920's (popular in Netherlands) house when he was 26. Now he still lives there, the cheap-ass mortgage paid off and all, with only the price of electricity, water, heating and TV to take care of each month. Lets say about 150 euros/month. While me and my gf live in a shit apartment surrounded by Polish faggots and sandniggers and our montly cost for rent, water, electricity etc is about 1000 euros. Even if me and my gf both worked full time (and she has a good job) we still wouldnt be able to get a mortgage without saving for years. 'Oh anon your dad must have a fucking good job then!' No. He was, and still is a fucking truck driver.
>>
File: xJi4mPp.jpg (609KB, 1414x1991px) Image search: [Google]
xJi4mPp.jpg
609KB, 1414x1991px
>>39200497
>While me and my gf live in a shit apartment surrounded by Polish faggots and sandniggers

Feel you on this one, I'm also 26 (in Canada)

>son, it's important not to hate

yeah fuck you you lived a nice comfy white life, went to high school with your own kind, weren't expected to hate yourself, no shitty fucking "cool" rap music, no pro-diversity feminazi HR hiring incompetents to your company and expecting you to do their workload for them while they get paid more than you (see: Bioware making Mass Effect Andromeda for just one IRL example), didn't have to commute two hours per day crammed onto a metal tube (bus) with niggers and pakis because you could actually afford the car insurance, etc.

Yet my dad bought a vacation house in Argentina (I haven't been there yet) and just browses real estate listings all day looking for additional local investment properties. Exactly like this guy said
>>39190752

>>39190707
These smug bastards think it's going to end well for them. It's not
>>
>>39200497
and i'd like to add that my dad never got a college degree of any kind. He went to agricultural school, which I'm not even sure he finished. Decided he wanted to be a truck driver. Got his truck licence by paying some dude with A BOTTLE OF WHISKY. what the fuck i have to pay like 3000 euros for getting a driving licence. During my lifetime my dad had 5 cars. 2 of which classic Volvo's that he fully restored and somehow had money to do that. A classic Opel, a new Volkswagen, and he recently got a newer Volvo. I mean... He's just a truckdriver.
And my mom only ever had shitty temporary jobs like in retail/clothesstores/mail delivery kind of stuff. I recently graduated cum laude with a college degree. But I can only dream of the shit my parents already had when my age.
>>
>>39190299
>Melbourne

if she's not automatically redpilled by the house prices or amount of immigrants in melbourne, she's either an uncaring cunt or a dumb fuck. Sorry m8
>>
The things that get me are the articles by boomers that suggest that if people just dropped the pay TV, expensive coffees and avocado on toast, then they'd be able to buy a house. Houses are so expensive that most younger people couldn't afford one even if they had all their remaining wages left after rent and bills. The younger people that are buying houses are doing it with financial backing from boomer parents or grandparents.

The next boomer argument is: move somewhere cheaper. So people should uproot their lives, leave family and friends and go to some unknown place far way, all because governments refused to keep the lid on immigration, and because boomers wouldn't stop their insatiable appetite for buying investment properties.

Thanks for nothing, boomers. At least they'll all be gone within the next couple of decades anyway.
>>
>>39200933
>The next boomer argument is: move somewhere cheaper.

This is such a bullshit fucking argument. These days, cheap places are cheap because there are no fucking jobs there. Many people living there are old people on pensions or welfare. The others work in retail or some other mcjob.
>>
>>39199974
Who was your builder to build (and cover all related codes, expenses, etc.) for ~$100,000? And what region are you in?
>>
>>39194670
it's still nearly impossible to find a decent place to live
>>
>>39193166
wish i had died in some horrible disease as a child, it sure was better back then
>>
Are boomers generally anti gun or is it just mine? They hid all of my guns and ammo and refused to tell me where they were until I got the cops involved a couple weeks ago. I'm sure they're not all that extreme but I hear a lot of them say things like "nobody needs some 50 round clip military rifle, everything except shotguns and pistols should be banned!"
>>
>>39200933
>pay TV, expensive coffees and avocado on toast,
boomers are the ones who teach young people to enjoy these sort of things. they spoil their children and then when their children need to feed their own asses they take after their parents and buy shit they cant afford. retards all of them
>>
>>39201614
Most of them are from what I can tell, though I am in rural jew york and they're all liberal catholics so I can't speak for everyone.
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.