[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any warehouse bros here? Just got myself a /comfy/ warehouse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Any warehouse bros here?

Just got myself a /comfy/ warehouse job.
Only issue is my feet absolutely kill after walking for 8 hours + 30 min commute on foot each way.

How do you deal with it? I've tried wearing two layers of socks which helps a bit but my feet are still sore. I've seen that there's socks designed specifically for working in steel toe boots, have any of your tried them and do they make a difference?

What other things can I try doing?
>>
>>39170497
You get used to the pain
t.Roofer
>>
>>39170497
It won't always hurt this badly, in time you'll adjust.
>>
>>39170497
hello fellow warhouse bros
>>
dr schols inserts
>>
>>39170497
You want a jumpstart on adapting, start doing the c25k program in your free time
All the aerobic capacity and leg endurance you could possibly want
>>
Only ibuprofen and tylenol 3 for people like us, my friend.
>>
File: 1499987448840.jpg (40KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
1499987448840.jpg
40KB, 600x899px
I work in a warehouse that is 80+ degrees at all times for 12 hours a shift, and the worst drawback is not my feet hurting... it's the fucking chafing between my legs.
>>
Just wait few weeks and your legs get used to it and wont hurt anymore.
>>
dr shoulls shoe inserts work wonders, hit up walmart sometime
>>
File: FT01T001-2.jpg (55KB, 550x382px) Image search: [Google]
FT01T001-2.jpg
55KB, 550x382px
>>39170497
Recently got a nice warehouse and yard job as a forklift operator. That's the easy part, the driving. Hard part is remembering where stuff is and communicating with the gate security where to send cars to pick up merchandise.

Also get to sit at the gate and let cars in and out, which is enjoyable with good weather. You only get to sit there though, no reading or anything.
>>
File: indifferencechan.png (188KB, 700x709px) Image search: [Google]
indifferencechan.png
188KB, 700x709px
I sorta work in a warehouse but not for the warehouse department of my company.
I load stuff into a machine every half hour or so and literally sit down for the rest of the time, I'm the only person in the building and other than a security camera nobody knows what I'm doing. I usually sleep, read, or play my 3ds all day.
>>
I work with supply chain projects mgmnt

It's more white-collar work but I visit a lot warehouses
>>
>>39170497
Definitely dont walk in work boots (unless ur at work) leave them at work and just wear some shitty runners to walk work or something

Make sure you've spent about $150 on work boots
Wear good thick socks.

But really if ur not driving a forklift or anything in those whole 8 hours straight that's pretty fucken rough

idk how long you have done it for but it will get easier
>>
>>39170676
stop being fat yo
>>
>>39170676
You can get creams for that friend
even talcum powder works wonders
>>
File: 00112upset.jpg (84KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
00112upset.jpg
84KB, 1280x738px
I drive forklifts 40-50 hours a week. It's the comfiest job ever. I only make $13 an hour though, and I only see 66% of that on my paychecks, so I really only make like $9 an hour.

Should I kill myself?
>>
You need to get really good quality boots. Try several pairs on til you find one that feels like youre walking on air. Leave their original insoles in, then buy some more insoles and put those on top.
You cant cheap out on your footwear, you just cant. My boots cost $150, worth every cent. Have lasted a year so far.
>>
>>39170497
Like every other anon said, your feet will eventually adapt. Just keep at it. I never get blisters any more.

I do inventory and shit in a warehouse. Not too bad. The pay is shit but it's an easy job.
>>
>>39171492
No, you should kill other people with your forklift. All the cool drivers do it.
>>
>>39170627
>>39170635
>>39170687
>>39171641
Hopefully this is the case, wouldn't mind finding something to make that process more comfortable though

>>39170645
>>39171198
These could work. I think I'll try some thick work socks first, but if they don't help I'll take a look at inserts.

>>39171439
It's mostly a picker job but it also involves opening and unpacking boxes if there's not enough items out as well as packing items into and sealing boxes. It's not constant walking but you are constantly on your feet.

I only wear boots at work though, commute is done in comfy trainers.

>>39171439
>>39171609
I don't know if buying new boots is really worth it. It's only a 5 week temp job (at min wage) so the cost would be a reasonable chunk of my earnings. I'll try thicker socks / inserts first, I'm sure the company provided boots aren't the best but I have no idea if that's the cause of my sore feet or just that I haven't adapted to walking for so long yet.

>>39171379
>>39171419
>>39171492
Sounds very comfy anons
>>
>>39171442
It's not that. I just sweat a lot.
>>
>tfw worked in factory when 19
>tfw now 24
>tfw just started maintenance job

it feels so empty. i don't feel like i do anything. I don't miss working on the assembly line but I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything

>tfw
>>
>>39172647
>I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything
That's the curse of the wageslave. Nothing we do matters.
>>
>>39172787
I never felt that way when I was on the assembly line. When I would see certain cars it made me feel good knowing I had a hand in it.

Now, I still have a hand in it, but I'm not the one putting the bad boy together, I'm repairing the equipment that allows people to put it together
>>
>>39170497
if you wear steel toe capped boots or something get some liners to make them comfy senpai
>>
Worked in a Clipper warehouse for a year and half. Fucking horrible if you're just picking items and restocking (team leaders going on patrols and nagging you for picking only 170 and not 178 items up last hour and such), but it was okay once i got a stock control job and was able to sit on my ass in front of a pc all day long.

Now, i moved back to my shithole of a country and got a job at a DHL x-dock, shit is fucking comfy. Nightshifts from 00:00 to 8:00. Loading up vans with cigarettes (only product we deal with) takes no more than 4 hours, usually closer to 2-3, when i'm done i go for a 2 or 3 hour nap (so i'm literally getting paid for sleeping), get up at 5:30, grab some coffe, take care of van drivers' paperwork and go home around 6:40 (6:20 if they have a pre-work meeting) and still get paid for 8 hours.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.