[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am I schitzo? I have a low frequency voice, that's the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: 1502840837165.jpg (126KB, 1426x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1502840837165.jpg
126KB, 1426x1037px
am I schitzo?

I have a low frequency voice, that's the only way I can explain it, telling me all kinds of things usually repeating the same phrases over and over again. Over the years it's changed, sometimes it comes in crystal clear with more volume to tell me specific things.

I know many people on /r9k/ don't believe in schitzophrenia or something and say it's a brainlet thing but I'm not sure what to think.

Basically the inner feeling of what the voice is, is a malicious blackmailing entity mixed with a bunch of others, I also have been getting "mind's eye" visuals of faces in some strange new phenomenon I don't know how to explain.

I wasn't always like this but I was always weird in some way or another I think.

anyway, I haven't told too many people this I just want to know what you think.
>>
Hey tell me about this voice. What kind of specific things does it say?
>>
>>39165932
well I had it for so long and have been coping with it in various ways mostly trying to ignore it every day to function at work but now I'm neet again so I might as well address this.

It didn't start to tell me to do things till relatively recently.

for instance it would just call me "hopper" or "hopter" or copter or something over and over while I try to get through the day, as if that was my name, it would say "such and such hopter" I could never usually make it out what it's trying ot tell me which stressed me out a lot. that's one example.

I first got it after dropping out of college and laying in bed in a depressed state it came as a motherly voice asking me "what's wrong" and saying comforting things like i'm not ugly. it occasionally comes in that form asking me what's wrong.

it told me "you are not in control" once in one of it's more clear phases.

it's sort of a background thing and becomes louder and more prominent in my mind when I'm stressed.

as of now it tells me what to do, from drink water, to brush teeth, it has told me to kill myself and rondomly said "satan" and "lucifer" and other things
>>
>>39165892
schizophrenia has been proven to have a genetic basis along with many other mental disorders. it's not based on intelligence to a significant degree, as there are rather dumb people with it and really smart people with it. it seems like the symptoms increase with your life becoming less interactive and schedule based, so that's why robots would be disproportionately affected.

the best thing to do is to improve your life through focusing on goals and tasks. again, schizophrenic symptoms seem to weaken when you become more motivated towards anything.
>>
>>39165932
right now it's repeating the name of someone I've known in real life, it's told me to do criminal acts, told me to tell teh truth like "TELL HER" told me to get an apartment, told me where to work and career options, so many things, I saw a ted talk about a girl hearing voices and it seems similar. lately it's been calling me a weirdo and a loser.
>>
>>39165892
The fact that you refer to this as "a voice" without distinguishing whether it's a real voice or a voice in your head makes me believe you have schizophrenia, yes.

The voice isn't real. It's a confabulation created by a mental illness.

Please, seek help. This could be the most important thing you ever do.
>>
>>39166109
mental illness runs in my family so there's that.

I feel a lot of shame in my life.
>>
File: 1502828160134.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1502828160134.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>>39166140
Look I know it's not an outward voice, sometimes I wonder if it's tinfoil hat stuff but I have no substantial reason to believe that.

I call it a voice because it speaks.
>>
Sorry to hijack but I hear laughter a lot, sometimes out of nothing but it's especially common with constant noises like cars, static, the wind etc. Should I be worried?
>>
>>39166165
If you're having trouble distinguishing at all, you should seek help.

You should seek help regardless. It can only help.

>>39166189
Schizophrenic voices tend to be "nefarious", sometimes they're conniving and mean and sometimes they're just playful. So maybe potentially you should talk about it with a professional, yeah.
>>
File: 1502921993908.jpg (83KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1502921993908.jpg
83KB, 722x349px
>>39166189
I was going to tell you my opinion but the voice is saying

"knock it off" and "you're crazy"

it also tells me when people are watching me

that's the trippiest part, it wants me to believe it is something. It got me used to it telling me when people were looking at me, sometimes it was obvious and I could see sometimes not so much and it turned out right.

but then it tells me people are watching when I'm all alone in my room.
>>
I'm schizoaffective and not schizophrenic so I am somewhat lucky. Before I was medicated my thoughts were full of random nonsensical words that made it difficult to concentrate. Medication made things much better. When I am not medicated I can barely make eye contact and talk. I think both schizophrenia and schizoaffective will get worse if untreated.
>>
>>39166243
Those voices can be pretty cool, being fragments of the powerful subconscious mind. I remember watching a recovered schizophrenic talk about her voice dictating her answers to a university exam. If I recall, she got 100%. Having helpful voices would be nice.
>>
>>39166276
that's the thing, my life has never been normal enough to say for certain, this is the reason I'm a mess.
>>
Why do schizos in the west hear bad evil stuff and schizos everywhere else hear neutral or good happy stuff?
>>
>>39166340
because western society is so fucked
>>
>>39166291
I will tell you over the past 4-6 years I do believe in the power of the subconscious, but also do not have faith in it, and maybe that's because I'm a brainlet who happens to be mentally ill, people die all the time due to bad decisions and I don't have psychic powers just weird little events.
>>
>>39166346
I think it's because of religious values obviously.

voices talking to you are demons in the west.
>>
Entities can be schizophrenia or spirits. I have one that's helped me in ways, and it has punished me in ways. I've done much bad things in life and can't say I don't deserve it. The spirit that talks to me healed me of a physical problem and has interacted with other people. It's proven it is real.

Could be mental illness or could be a demon or something messing with your head. No way to know really.

Try turning to God and getting rid of bad things from your life. You might need medication too. But i'd try God first.
>>
>>39166291
I've seen what happens to people who ignore treatment with schizophrenia and do stuff like abuse drugs. They wind up incapable of forming coherent sentences even while medicated. You don't want to wind up dumped in some group home for the mentally ill spouting nonsense. Sometimes people even become violent.
>>
>>39165892
Hearing voices is a symptom of schizophrenia but plenty of people hear voices and are perfectly normal. You are not schizophrenic at all. If the voices worry you seek help.
>>
File: 1503100897554.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1503100897554.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>39166506
why are you defending the voices?

are you infected?
>>
>>39166535
I'm not, I am merely repeating what my own therapist told me. Schizophrenia is not just hearing voices and many people hear voices without an outstanding diesase. If you feel that you quality of living is lowered by the voices you need to seek proffesional help.
>>
>>39165892
>repeating the same phrases over and over again
This was my fucking symptoms, dont ignore it OP, I did and woke up to cops taking me to a psych ward.
>>
>>39166619
What happened if you don't mind telling us?
>>
>>39166340
They don't those are cherry picked.
>>
>>39166632
I wouldn't say they are cherry picked, we're talking a good percentage of what it said is overtly bad and the rest is suspicious at best.
>>
>>39166628
These phrases became worse to where I imagined people were trying to kill me. Id call the cops and shit until my parents forced me back to live with them. One night, I imagined they were trying to kill my brother and became physically violent. My memory is foggy but I remember calling the police and blacking out. When I woke up, the police were at my door for me.
>>
>>39166710
man that's rough

hope things are better
>>
>>39166710
The delusions for me were the worst. One time I convinced myself that I was molested by my stepfather who was recently deceased and somehow repressed it. I had absolutely no real reason to believe this yet I was trying to convince my mom it was true by pointing at childhood drawings for hidden meaning. She was absolutely terrified that I would tell my brother and he would flip out. That is probably my all time low point in my life. Mental illness is no joke.
>>
>>39167147
How do you know that didn't happen? Stepfathers usually molest their wife's kids.
>>
>>39166340
schizo here
the voices that I used to hear would spout memes all day and even come up with new memes. I unironically miss them these days. it feels too quiet and I don't know why they stopped.
>>
>>39167340
He was an asshole but I have absolutely no recollection of even the slightest hint of molestation. He was an asshole but not that big of an asshole.
>>
Reading threads like these scares the fuck out of me. I don't have a voice in the same way as OP but i do have voices of people i used to interact and be around with, sometimes voices of my family going on in my head. They usually say stuff like you are ugly, sometimes it feels like it's my own voice saying negative stuff or i actually remember negative stuff being said to me with the actual voices that did it. I have always been depressed and anxious though, i feel like i have multiple mental illnesses at this point and in my shit country the doctors i went to didn't help me at all, they were all completely clueless at their jobs and were just there to get paid and say useless shit and give pills i suggested them to.

It must feel good to live in a country where you can get actual help, if it even exists.
>>
I have met a low tone voice before after hard periods of meditation. What I'm going to tell you is the following: everyone hears voices. EVERYONE.

The difference is that they do not recognize them, they identify these voices as a part of themselves and are controlled by them. Do not fall for the psychiatry meme and UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOU'RE "HEARING VOICES". The only thing others can and will do is to force you take brain-damaging psychiatric drugs that will ruin your life.

What is the source of such a thing, you'll be asking me. The brain does not work as a whole, but its different parts can have a different form of "sentience". Think about it as if your body was a robot, a mecha, and the different parts of the brain were different people operating the robot. Most of the time these people will agree in working together and every part will give full control of the robot to the most qualified of them depending on the situation. On the other hand, when it is not absolutely necessary for them to cooperate, or what's the most appropriate focus isn't quite clear, these different parts of the brain will conflict with each other, like if the passengers of the mecha were getting on a fight trying to get over the controls.

Identifying and resolving these conflicts by learning how to reprogram the different parts of the brain is the key to happiness. Most happy people are so because they "know themselves" in some sense, which means their brains are more coordinated than other people's and will take better decisions in their lives.

A good example of "conflict" would be addictions. The most primitive part of the brain, which governs bodily functions, will make you crave a substance, much to the more modern rational part of the brain's disgust, which will put all the effort in creating feelings of guilt. There are countless other examples of that.

A new voice generally appears when one part of the brain becomes stronger than it previously was.
>>
>>39167928
>The most primitive part of the brain, which governs bodily functions, will make you crave a substance, much to the more modern rational part of the brain's disgust, which will put all the effort in creating feelings of guilt.

damn that's literally me, even after years of being sober it's just as strong though, no matter what i can't seem to be able to change this
>>
>>39168275
A good book for learning about this is Prometheus Rising. It's a great introduction to practical neuro-psychology and self brain reprogramming.

You can get it from libgen. io
>>
>>39168275
Try turning to God. I had a spirit remove my withdrawals and God or a spirit remove my addiction. Spirit proved it was a spirit and not a hallucination by healing a physical problem of mine, interacting with others, and doing magic for through me.

I was doing half a gram of good crystal a day, everyday and smoking weed daily. Doing LSD 2-3 times a week. Drugs any chance I got. Had big problems stopping.

Now I can not do them if I want. I can drink 1-2 beers a day and stop at that. I can also use benzos medicinally really easily. I vape and drink beer right now.

Don't fiend for crystal any more. I believe in a divine creator, but not the God of the bible. Don't believe God would ever torture us forever or command the stoning of homosexuals.

He gave me a big gift by enabling me to do things in moderation and removing my addictive behavior.
>>
>>39168377
thanks, i will check it out
>>39168398
i wish i could but i don't think that's an option for me any longer, life is so full of shit and pain if there truly is a god then he is a vicious bastard who put me in this shitshow of a situation only to laugh at my misery, why the fuck would he help me when he put me in a fucked up position in the first place, not to mention the rest of all the fucked up shit happening in the world for thousands of years, so much pain dude
>>
>>39168436
There could be plenty of good reasons for pain. What if it is due to evil in a past life? Or what if it's a test to see if we'll make good choices despite pain and suffering. What if it's a combo of those and free will being respected in most cases? What if everyone eventually gets a good afterlife after being punished for wrong doing and God wants us to learn what bad behavior will result in if we choose to do it?

I'm not saying any of these are true, I'm not God and haven't met him most likely. But there are thousands of reasons God could have for pain and suffering. He's eternal and all love and wisdom. He knows better than us. Just because we as 18-40 year old humans don't understand his ways right now, doesn't mean he isn't real.

I hate pain and suffering too, but it doesn't mean God isn't real.

I suggest opening your mind to him even if it's hard. Try praying and giving him a chance. Being agnostic is better than atheist. Being sure God doesn't exist when you have no way of knowing that is silly imo. Until you die or have a supernatural encounter, you don't know, you have faith.
>>
I just would pick up on some incoherent babbling like the noise in a loud diner from time to time. Used to roll around on the floor in the hallway holding my head in my hands as a little kid, never told anyone though. Haven't heard that noise in years, but I remember it was like static and I remember something about peas and killing infant children. Maybe that was just the moments when my normalfag brain structures were failing and I'd lost the ability to think with emotions. I did at one point come close to reviving an entity residing in my thoughts, but it failed because I became afraid that, somehow, such an exercise might push me in the direction of normalfaggotry.
>>
>>39168530
mate honestly FUCK you, idiotic shit like your post makes me mad as fuck

there can never be a reason for shit like females stepping on little kittens on camera for money from freaks, yet this happens each day, people slaughter each other for pennies and all sorts of disgusting shit like that has been happening for ages because humans resemble a virus more than anything

past lives don't even exist in christianity, they are mostly a buddist thing and that is a philosophy, not a religion with a god in it

and what if it's a shit test by god, fuck him suffering will twist a person's mind to the point he is unable to make good choices, all suffering does is damage you, often irreversibly

free will doesn't even exist, our options are limited by our surroundings, you can't make something out of nothing

clearly god isn't all love and wisdom because stupidity and violence are rampant in the masses, always have always will be

i don't need to 10k years ancient to know better or care about his ways, i am not going to self-flaggelate and excuse all this monumental suffering of all flora and fauna because some higher power had it's fucked up reasons

i tried praying and believing as a kid but then i grew up and realized it's all horseshit, i hope religion was made up to control ancient shitskins in the middle east, because if truly there is a god out there then he won't rest until we all suffer or are wiped out, the being is clearly evil to the bone i will never have faith in it because that would be putting faith in evil
>>
File: topkek.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>39166445
>this whole post oreganoli originality
>>
CONGRATULATIONS.
You're mentally ill.

Get the fuck off 4chan and get some help you utter fucking retard. The fact that others are even telling you to get help, when you're on r9k of all places, should tell you that you really should do it.
>>
Fuck you guys. OP, hang out with your brain buddy and take over reality or some shit just to show the normalfags up.
>>
>>39168616
The Sky Daddy doesn't exist morons. Don't even entertain the idea that it does you sheepish plebs.
>>
>>39168616
People choose to do evil acts and God doesn't always stop them. Side effects of free will. Don't know why he allows so much but he does. There are plenty of reasons we can't imagine.

Who says any organized religion got it all right? Maybe God never fully revealed himself to anyone or his ways and he wants us to figure out how to live right and discover him our selves through personal relationship. Don't know what the truth is. I haven't met God. Just theorizing. I don't believe the Christian Bible has it all right.

Temporal suffering isn't the end of the world, it just really sucks to see the evil in this world or to be the victim of evil. Eternal pain would be the end of the world. I don't believe God would do that to his creations.
>>
>>39168886
Then he either doesn't give a shit or is evil, you might not believe he is but you have no reason to aside from seeking something to put faith in, probably hoping it would help you back. But you know that the devil and his ilk also wants to be worshipped, right? Look at all the celebrities making ancient egyptian or the baphomet signs, literally all of them do it all the time. What if there is only the devil and you are worshipping him? The world is so evil and corrupted, i wouldn't be surprised if he was in charge. Look at the concept of the original sin, by existing we have already fucked up. The system is rigged against us, requiring us to suffer and self-flaggelate and worship regardless. Fuck this shit.

>>39168744
Our world is so sick on many layers it's actually pretty complicated and who can prove that it was just chaos or some being arranged it that way?
>>
>>39168966
I don't believe that God punishes us for what our ancestors did and don't think original sin is a real thing. I don't worship a God from any holy book or religion. I used to, but contradictions in the Bible and the concept of an eternal hell made me stop believing in that.

I just worship the divine creator of everything. I admit I don't know his ways or his name. I ask him to reveal himself to me and teach me his ways. Then I try to live a moral life, treat others well, help others, and respect him. I have my beliefs but I can't know if they're true until I die. All I know for sure is, he is real due to meeting a spirit.

I really don't think the creator of everything is evil even if there is evil in his world. I think he has better in store for us in the after life.
>>
>>39169051
>I think he has better in store for us in the after life.

your mental illness has put you in radical muslim tier lmao
>>
>>39165892
is that original Jupiter?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.