[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did it /r9k/ I got a job that pays well that requires lots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 17

File: Yuu-Scythe.gif-original.gif (1MB, 318x180px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu-Scythe.gif-original.gif
1MB, 318x180px
I did it /r9k/ I got a job that pays well that requires lots of leadership skills and social skills. I have a date this weekend.

I have become a 5'6 chad

My chad advice is follow the noble eight-fold path and pay attention to every opportunity to put your skills to work. If you are on 4chan you are likely 1000% more useful than a normie in most jobs that require a brain.
>>
explain the eightfold path pls
>>
too late
I'm broken

whatever destroys a person made a nest in my mind, burrowed deep and hatched it's spawn

I'm fucked
>>
The Noble Eightfold Path is an early summary of the path of Buddhist practices leading to liberation from samsara, the painful cycle of rebirth.[2][3]

The Eightfold Path consists of eight practices: right view, right resolve, right speech, right conduct, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right "samadhi" (meditative absorption or union).[4] In the earliest Buddhism these practices started with insight (right view), culminating in dhyana/samadhi as the core soteriological practice.[5] In later Buddhism insight (prajna) became the central soteriological instrument, leading to a different concept and structure of the path.[5][6]

The Eightfold Path teaches that by restraining oneself, cultivating discipline, and practicing mindfulness and meditation, house-leavers (monks and nuns) attain nirvana and stop their craving, clinging and karmic accumulations, thereby ending their rebirth and suffering.[7][8][9][3][10][11]

The Noble Eightfold Path is one of the principal teachings of Theravada Buddhism, leading to Arhatship.[12] In the Theravada tradition, this path is also summarized as sila (morals), samadhi (meditation) and prajna (insight). In Mahayana Buddhism it is contrasted with the Bodhisattva path, which culminates in full Buddhahood.[12]

In Buddhist symbolism, the Noble Eightfold Path is often represented by means of the dharma wheel (dharmachakra), whose eight spokes represent the eight elements of the path.
>>
File: 1502593142852.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1502593142852.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>asian gets gf and job thinks he's chad
>>
Not OP.

>>39163401
see
>>39163458

It makes sense, I've been doing these for a while now, figured some stuff out on my own.

It works wonders.

Become balanced, attain stability and manhood, proceed living life.
>>
File: frenchpepe.jpg (99KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
frenchpepe.jpg
99KB, 403x392px
>>39163332

>Normalfag comes to brag

I hope you're hit by a bus
>>
File: tumblr_n0oxdtHLHw1t04lgfo1_500.gif (898KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0oxdtHLHw1t04lgfo1_500.gif
898KB, 500x281px
>>39163401
The noble eight-fold path is what Siddhartha Gautama discovered that led to the development of Buddhism. It is an ideology that as you begin to understand it you discover truths about the way about going living your existence that you become unable to argue with, which leads you to knowing what to do in every situation by default because you already know what the right thing to do is by instinct. Basically you have to do the right thing and know what the right thing to do is. If you study this concept long enough you will begin to understand the meaning behind what I am saying and why I am saying it. Just google it desu.
>>
>>39163477
Addendum: I've got the first four almost covered and am working on

>right livelihood and
>right mindfulness,
simultaneously. Also mindfulness so so.

Here's some info that might help you anons, on #1, right view.

Whether you believe in God or not - all a man can believe in is God - everything else is for consideration.

Never lock in on an opinion. Dare to be wrong.

Remove your ego and let others be wiser but avoid being lead by the blind.

It works for now, at least for me.

>>39163458
>right view, right resolve, right speech, right conduct
>>
File: giphy.gif (920KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
920KB, 500x248px
>>39163491
I can show you my diagnoses for Major Clinical Depression :^)
>>
>>39163332
>5'6
>chad

pick one fag
>>
>>39163472
Ya but i got a 2.4 grade average
>>
>>39163563
how did you get that diagnosis?

did you look up a therapist online or something.

I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, I only get vague advice from people who never had the same issues.
>>
>>39163563

You're not a robot so I don't care what "problems" you have.
>>
File: 1502936807859.png (27KB, 670x741px) Image search: [Google]
1502936807859.png
27KB, 670x741px
>>39163616
I was going to start ripping into asian men talking about how they are basically fashion accessories associated with money that women don't actually have deep connections to but what's the point.

I had a 1.5 gpa.

you will never know what it's like to not be a normie
>>
File: 14 59_zps8tg1gnji.gif-c200.gif (166KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
14 59_zps8tg1gnji.gif-c200.gif
166KB, 200x200px
>>39163633
I was diagnosed with depression 11 years ago and it got upgraded by my recent doctor and therapist that I talked to this year.

I get insurance for going to school and live near a major city
>>
>>39163332
>" 5'6 chad"
Please anon, my sides can only take so much
>>
>>39163332
>I have become a 5'6 chad
No, you haven't. At best you can become a high-tier normie, an alpha. But you can't become Chad. What makes Chad is largely genetic, and your genes are something you can't change.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (285KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
285KB, 300x170px
>>39163778
My brain could kick your brains ass, make love to it and make it come back craving more.
>>
>>39163852
he's right though 5'6'' is turbo manlet
>>
>>39163332
I am a Big 4 audit senior that have to audit big companies, lead small teams and lead projects.

I am still an autistic robot, nothing will change bro.
>>
>>39163883
I was shorter and vastly more feminine than anyone else in my family, xenoestrogens man.
>>
>>39163923
you normies, you never learn until you burn
>>
>>39164051
I swear I'm not a normie!
Feelin the Bern amirite guys? X^)
See I vote liberal like you betas.
>>
>>39163401

Its a list of 8 guidelines u are encouraged to follow to live a better life

From wiki

Let me know if u need more expalins because mi buddhist

1 Right View: our actions have consequences; death is not the end, and our actions and beliefs have also consequences after death; the Buddha followed and taught a successful path out of this world and the other world (heaven and underworld/hell)[24][25][26][27][note 3] Later on, right view came to explicitly include karma and rebirth, and the importance of the Four Noble Truths, when "insight" became central to Buddhist soteriology.[28][29]
2 Right Resolve: the giving up home and adopting the life of a religious mendicant in order to follow the path; this concept, states Harvey, aims at peaceful renunciation, into an environment of non-sensuality, non-ill-will (to loving kindness), away from cruelty (to compassion).[30] Such an environment aids contemplation of impermanence, suffering, and non-Self.[30]
3 Right Speech: no lying, no rude speech, no telling one person what another says about him, speaking that which leads to salvation;[23]
4 Right Conduct: no killing or injuring, no taking what is not given, no sexual acts.[23]
5 Right Livelihood: beg to feed, only possessing what is essential to sustain life;[23]
6 Right Effort: guard against sensual thoughts; this concept, states Harvey, aims at preventing unwholesome states that disrupt meditation.[30]
8 Right Mindfulness: never be absent minded, being conscious of what one is doing; this, states Harvey, encourages the mindfulness about impermanence of body, feeling and mind, as well as to experience the five aggregates (skandhas), the five hindrances, the four True Realities and seven factors of awakening.[30]
8 Right samadhi: practicing four stages of meditation (dhyana) culminating into unification of the mind.
>>
>>39164212
?????????? how the fuck can you follow the 8fold path and be entrenched in a capitalist society pursuing your own goals. You can't do #2 or #5.
>>
>>39164122
I'm 5'7'' ugly and basically the biggest robot I've ever come across

I struggled myself to become normie though.

I'm happy you made some success but I don't see how we're similar at all.

and I voted for Trump.
>>
File: Yuu6.gif-c200.gif (294KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu6.gif-c200.gif
294KB, 200x200px
>>39164388
Sorry I'm operating on too many layers of irony for you. I was going to be flamed in either direction regardless of what I posted.
>>
>>39164212
Bhuddism is a fucking meme, if OP says this is what allowed him to make it he's even more self deluded then he lets on.
>>
>>39164548
it's also not designed to make you successful
that's not the fucking point of buddhism, unless maybe you are expanding your upaya
>>
>>39164534
>I'm only ironically being a normie
>n-no I'm only ironically being a robot
>n-no I'm only ironically being retarded

at least you have 4chan
>>
>>39164577
So what was the point of mentioning it as advice?

just to advertise you're asian? I hope you enjoy hipster white girl ROAST
>>
File: tumblr_nhx2vcTik41tran5xo1_400.gif (734KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhx2vcTik41tran5xo1_400.gif
734KB, 320x180px
>>39164584
I find this response rather pedestrian
>>
>>39164629
no no anon i'm arguing that the OP is retarded
>>
>>39164289
I want the noble eight-fold path to be able to be explained separately from Buddhism and filled with words normal people use. Buddhists at the time of it's development were not capable of imagining what our lives are like today. I try to apply the eight-fold path to my own life and desires.
>>
>>39164717
You haven't read any literature have you. Buddhists for the most part felt that our age is known as Mappo, the 10k years in which the Dharma declines. Buddhists knew what the monkey-mind is, they could infer how it can get worse. Sure an ancient person may not have grasped the exchange we are currently making with each other over the internet, but I highly doubt they would say, surely ignore some of the 8fold path when Mappo comes.
>>
>>39163332
been trying to get into buddism for the longest
know any good books to start? i hate doing online research, cant focus
>>
>>39164781
I'm more interested in how Buddhism is a piece in the development of the philosophical hivemind of current humanity.

The way I learned what I know is through the understanding of known historical events and integral non theological philosophies. I find relating Buddhism to the modern man and fitting it into mankind's wants and needs vastly more important than preaching some hooplah some ancient asian guy thought of.
>>
>>39164966
So you didn't read anything, huh. That's ok, reading is hard. It's easier to muse and clap things together, pretending you've discovered enlightenment. Next time though, just say you're "spiritual"
>>
>>39164997
Are you ok?
All i did was say follow the noble eightfold path and express a few personal opinions that came up.
>>
>>39163332
Dunno about any paths but honestly I got a solid gf just from shitposting here.

I just need a job and to stop having panic attacks in classrooms from being around other people (been preventing me from doing well in school for 30 years).

But you're right as long as you're not a brainlet you'll be fine someday. Or robots are just late bloomers in general, whatever.
>>
File: 1496604219488.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496604219488.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>39163332
Can I become a chad at 5' 2"?
>>
>>39165043
Ok no problem. Let's both give away our shit and live at a temple
>>
Are the people here ITT interested in Buddhism or just the benefits they think they can get out of it? I wasted quite a few years in spiritual pursuits and got nothing out of it; mainly because the terminologies and descriptions they use are highly misleading and overly poetic, which leads to a lot of confusion and uncertainty as to what to do.

Practically speaking, all you need to do to be free of limiting thoughts and negative emotions is:

- Stop trying to control your experience; just allow what arises naturally to happen

- Depending on the intensity of the thoughts/emotions, you may have to be passive and allow some of their momentum to subside on their own through non-suppression

- When the circular loop of thoughts/emotions isn't as strong, you can become more "aware" of the thoughts rather than being identified with them

- When your awareness gets stronger over time, you can allow every thought to arise without attaching to any of them and they will fade on their own (i.e. "I am a loser" comes up in your mind and you don't regurgitate the thought, you just let it be there without "claiming" it and then it dies away in its own time)

- Without heavy thoughts/emotions, you are at peace. It's only the intensity of these things that is disturbing; and the "allowing" attitude is what causes them to weaken.

All the love/light talk of extraordinary bliss and Nirvana is b.s. and is probably the main cause of confusion and lack of progress in all of these spiritual and self betterment circles.
>>
>>39165091
I forgot the last gif
>>
File: 1502928856382.jpg (67KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502928856382.jpg
67KB, 742x960px
>>39164717
>I try to apply the eight-fold path to my own life and desires.

the reason Buddhism, like Christianity in many respects, doesn't apply today is because it came out of a caste system. Everyone had a master and a role and a place in the grand order of things.

western freedom is not truly compatible with eastern society.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.