[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone deathly afraid of driving? >self awareness of 2 ton

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 15

File: 1497746968377.png (55KB, 195x148px) Image search: [Google]
1497746968377.png
55KB, 195x148px
Anyone deathly afraid of driving?
>self awareness of 2 ton death machine
>anxiety every time driving to uni
>have to wear helmet to calm nerves
>>
>>39161556
No, in fact, I barely pay attention to the fact I'm driving at all.

What kind of helmet do you wear? Like a bicycle helmet or a motorcycle helmet? If the former, you'll look less retarded if you switched to the latter. Also, you should install a race car seatbelt that has multiple straps across your whole body.
>>
File: R14kkDj.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
R14kkDj.png
13KB, 657x527px
>>39161556
Me too man, I've never even taken the theory test out of fear of driving. I'm terrified of being overwhelmed with information and getting into an accident.
At least we'll get self-driving card soon, right?
>>
I don't drive I have a chauffeur. If I ever got my license I would drive off a cliff
>>
I used to worry about driving but that was back when I thought might someday be worth being alive for.
Now I am happy to be constantly at the highest risk of death on any given day when I'm in my car.
The only thing that worries me is walking away from an accident with more bills instead of being dismembered gruesomely.
>>
>>39162013
Driving is pretty easy once you gain confidence
>>
File: 1447911808905.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1447911808905.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>39161556
>have to wear helmet to calm nerves
Fucking what?
>>
>>39161556
>Anyone deathly afraid of driving?

Fear of driving wears off after you do it enough. It's mostly just anxiety over making a mistake.

Once you figure out things like stopping distance, the nuances behind turning/merging and so forth it really is something you mostly do on autopilot. Once you have driven for something like 100 hours it's really not so bad.

>self awareness of 2 ton death machine
So long as you're focused you won't make a mistake. Most of the time you get into an accident it's because you're not paying attention or you're careless. Most vehicular accidents occur in a place the driver is familiar with like around his house/job. If you're particularly paranoid just go into the right lane and go the speed limit.
>>
Once you have your first accident you get over it.
>>
Yes, i just know i would fuck it up and either kill myself(which i wouldn't so much mind) but worse would be if my incompetence killed someone else.
>>
File: unnamed.png (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
41KB, 300x300px
>autistic and punch myself, yell I wanna kill myself, I hate myself or something else when obsessing over something embarrassing
>while driving this tick manifests as swerving hard toward on coming traffic
>>
>>39162203
>worse would be if my incompetence killed someone else

The speed limit is there for a reason. So long as you don't go over it and maintain a reasonable stopping distance it's unlikely you'll hit anyone. Unless you're just not paying attention and you're on your phone or something

>>39162210
>while driving this tick manifests as swerving hard toward on coming traffic

I don't think you should be driving anon
>>
>>39162244
>The speed limit is there for a reason.
It's not speeding, it would be turning when i wasn't supposed to or something that would do it.
>>
>>39161556
>Anyone deathly afraid of driving?
not afraid but angry
it drives me crazy what other people do around me
honestly cuz because im carefull and willing to let the other guy have his way i avoid 1 or 2 small accidents everytime i drive
meaning if i was driving like the retard next to me we would scratch each other
one day i was already angry and i see a guy 200m infront of me stopping in the right lane to go buy something
so when he gets out of the car i pass1mm next to him at 60m/h
he literally jump on the pavement
then i got a bit scared cuz he looked terrified and stopped "punishing" retarded drivers

the only reason i still drive is cuz im the only one in my home with a car
when i leave i wont drive for the rest of my life
>>
>>39162305
Honestly, just get our there. Start on small streets and work your way up to avenues and such. The fear will eventually wear off.
>>
Yes. That's why I'm 28 and don't have my license.
>>
>>39162305
>it would be turning when i wasn't supposed to
Get some side mirrors or a current year car with cameras.

There's a ton of nuances with turning but if you take driving lessons they tend to grill them into you. Stuff like shoulder checking and stuff. Most of the time someone gets into an accident when turning it's because they're not paying attention (IE: They don't look when they turn and someone slams into them) or they're being careless (yellow light's about to turn red fuck it SLAM)

>>39162371
>driving while angry
anon you really need to calm down when driving. Getting worked up about stuff makes you more likely to speed and cut someone off. It's a recipe for rear ending someone.
>>
>>39162157
>once you die or get paraplegic you get over it
>>
>>39162404
how can you not get angry when you see literally murderers around you
that why i said i wont drive ever again once im not required to for my family
>>
File: 1438115704310.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1438115704310.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
26 years old, have a job, live in my own place, and travel often.

Yet I've never driven a car. Honestly, I didn't get my license at 16 because I didn't really have time to practice driving or anything. Once I got to 18, I became anxious about going because everyone else taking the test was probably about 16, so I'd be a grandpa by comparison.

Of course, that fear only snowballed since I kept getting older and those test takers stayed the same age. Part of the reason I moved out of America was to move to a country where I would never need to drive, justifying my fear forever.
>>
>>39162433
>die

This'll only happen if you're on the highway or you're going way too fast for the street you're on

>paraplegic

Same thing as above. If you're driving the speed limit it's unlikely you'll flat out die unless someone else does something retarded like drive into oncoming traffic

>>39162450
>literally
>>
>>39161556
Not so much was hit by 4 IEDS so I get paranoid when I drive, my wife was in a massive car accident so she is terrified if anyone else drives
>>
File: jip.png (27KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
jip.png
27KB, 640x441px
>>39162478
yea sure i trust you man see you when you got an accident and go full hawking mode.

Killing yourself with a car is really easy
>>
File: 1499191941872.jpg (71KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
1499191941872.jpg
71KB, 600x482px
>anxiety and anger when driving
>this despite driving better than most by others accounts
>no issues on motorcycle

a motorcycle is the true robot vehicle
>>
>>39162683
lul
ill never get on a bike
on a bike you can die just by going with 20
on a bike you can die because the road was bad
on a bike you can die because you got reared
on a bike you can die cuz there was oil on the road
all of these would just be a small bump in a car but on a bike theyre fatal
>>
In my personal vehicle I'm not scared at all. But at work I drive an ambulance, that fucker's huge and scary. Like what if I hit someone, that'd be fuckin ironic
>>
>>39162741
>not wearing a helmet and pads
>>
>>39162782
ok then you avoided breaking your head
youll just have a broken spine. cool
>>
>>39162776
it would be funny if you crashed into a doctor, sending his motorcycle flying into a mechanic's garage and him into your ambulance and then as you drove towards the hospital, your ambulance breakdown and you crash into the emergency room killing both of you instantly
>>
File: 1490815955090.gif (355KB, 133x242px) Image search: [Google]
1490815955090.gif
355KB, 133x242px
>>39161556
>only experience is driving around cemeteries and lots
>only time on the road was for like 10 seconds just to cross the street
>two main problems
>fear of me crashing due to poor family not able to afford the repairs
>lack of a sufficient ability to multitask
>i get overwhelmed with information to the point where i have to put 100% focus on simply turning
>started sweating when approaching an actual road
>almost started shaking and almost let go of the wheel out of fear
>dont know if Ill get better

I dont even like driving or have a need to. Im NEET and dont have anywhere to go
>>
File: 1501037975260.jpg (161KB, 1705x985px) Image search: [Google]
1501037975260.jpg
161KB, 1705x985px
>>39162741
>on a bike you can die because the road was bad
first drop was because the road ceased to exist on the inside of a corner on a mountain road
not dead
>on a bike you can die because you got reared
filter whether its legal or not and maintain a higher speed than traffic
fuckers will ride your ass or try to pass because a motorcycle+following distance is empty space in their eyes

also dont you want to die
>>
>>39162897
>also dont you want to die
not yet
wanna see 50
after that its fair game
>>
File: 1500335499478.jpg (101KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500335499478.jpg
101KB, 768x960px
>>39162958
>wanna see 50
mad jelly

>tfw you got a bike because you figured there was a chance it could kill you but got good at it
>>
File: 1nu.jpg (18KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
1nu.jpg
18KB, 480x466px
>Can barely commute to college on the highway by myself without panicking

>>39162848
>lack of a sufficient ability to multitask
This desu. I'm shit at multitasking, and knowing that my life can depend on it while driving terrifies me.
>>
>>39161556

I'm learning to drive and I refuse to drive faster than 35 km/h // 21 mph

You have to predict 2312382741 things happening at the same time
>>
File: shaking.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
shaking.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
>hate driving, always feel on edge
>for some reason thought that driving a manual would make things better
On the other side of things, driving an automatic is like breathing now, although I end up spacing out and probably wouldn't react in time if someone cut me off.
>>
>>39161556
iktf op im scared of driving on Interstate highways because of how complicated merging seems especially during traffic. Thankfully i live in a small town so driving is not that terrifying and uni is pretty close. I am so fucked when i move back up to MD when School is over
>>
I used to be until I had to start driving myself to the gym. I haven't drove in bad traffic yet so I will hate to experience that as people are already assholes with a decent amount of people.
>>
>>39162091
no bully

NiecubiencucscinecebcicbicecbecejncjecbejdbcueibicecieeeORIGINAL
>>
>always going way past the speed limit
>driving on the highway at night with no other cars on the road for miles and just putting the gas pedal on the floor and going 120 mph the whole time

who /suicidal driver/ here?
>>
>Drive for work (deliver pizzas)
>Motor skills on autopilot mode while I drive
>Daydream while listening to music on deliveries

Driving is one of the comfiest things you can do. God, especially at night.
>>
>>39162478
>This'll only happen if you're on the highway or you're going way too fast for the street you're on

Or if someone else is going way too fast for the street you're on. You aren't the only person you have to worry about on the road. There's cocky idiots and drunk people everywhere
>>
File: 1489475007704.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
1489475007704.png
291KB, 750x366px
Anon who just started driving at 25 here, its been a year since I've gotten my license and right before I did I was involved in a car accident where I was in the passenger seat. Kinda PTSD'd me whenever I would take slight curves with cars coming at me, I would often find myself gripping the steering wheel as hard as I could and had to force myself to not do it every time.

But what really helped me is that I just took it all at my own pace. I went as slow as I needed to. Sure it inconvenienced people behind me,but who cares? Fuck them, they can go around. Also your favorite calming music as well.
>>
>>39161556
i dont get why people dont consider cars to be more dangerous than guns honestly

also it would go away if you drive more and get used to it
>>
>tfw going to live in a dorm
I hate the part about living in a room with a stranger but at least i don't have to drive a car to uni
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.