[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been prescribed Lexapro, how is it? How likely is it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

I've been prescribed Lexapro, how is it? How likely is it to fuck up my libido?
>>
It's breddy gud for me. My libido came back after I switched to it from Effexor.
>as if a single anecdote has any real meaning
>>
>>39160852
Libido and erection or ejaculation issues are almost guaranteed. As for other facets i suggest checking the wikipedia pages on the topic which give a pretty sober view.
>>
>>39160852
i have about 1/4 sex drive
most of my fantasies are gone now
its about 4x harder to cum, but the process/cumming does feel pretty good
i also dont care much
ive lost erections a few times as well which can be frustrating

overall: meh. losing the sex drive is almost a benefit but i do miss my fantasies and extreme horniess too
>>
>>39160852
It make it hard for me to cum and it made me gain weight. Same as zoloft.
>>
Doesn't kill it completely, I'm only on 10 mg though. It's helped a little bit with anxiety stuff, I don't know if that's the lexapro or my life choices are getting better.
>>
just curious what kind of feelings are you experiencing that you consider taking SSRIs to deal with?

im only curious because i have had multiple doctors suggest them to me for anxiety and after reading extensively about them have basically been scared shitless by all of the horror stories.

if you go on to reddit/antidepressants/ pretty much every single new thread as far back as you go is a negative experience with them
>>
>>39161140
Yeah I look forward to losing my libido honestly, as long as it comes back after I stop taking them.
>>39161248
Depression mostly, and cause I don't really have a reason to feel like this. There is some anxiety as well but not as much and it's not debilitating.
>>
Ssri are trash, use ketamine instead
>>
File: 1589371.jpg (438KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1589371.jpg
438KB, 1920x1200px
>>39160852
it's the exact same thing as shrooms.
>>
>>39161838
You're joking right ? wtf kek
>>
>>39161956
no, I took like 5 times the normal dose and it was basically the same feeling, only way more intense than an eighth of shrooms. shrooms barely did anything, but they are both serotonin whatever whatevers
>>
File: 1495890383341.jpg (19KB, 480x346px) Image search: [Google]
1495890383341.jpg
19KB, 480x346px
>>39162036
yeah you got bad shrooms then and yes they both work on serotonin but they're nothing alike whatsoever. Lexapro is an SSRI, psilocin is an agonist at select receptor sites in the serotonin system. Were you on lexapro at the time you ate the mushrooms ? That will reduce the effect to next to nil when it comes to psychedelic effects, however taking to much lexapro is just throwing your brain for a loop. Yeah it's intense but so is punching myself in the balls. You may have enjoyed it but they're nothing alike and probably shouldn't recommend shit like that.
>>
>>39162322
well have you taken both? because to me they felt very similar...
I don't know how you can really argue that... I told my psychiatrist this and he said they are similar but not exactly the same, but from what I understand they hyper-stimulate the portions of your brain which use seratonin, perhaps by different mechanism and perhaps not as fully as the other, but roughly do the same things.
I prob did get bad shrooms cause it was barely noticeable

lexapro was cool though, probably the most intellectual drug I have taken, beats adderall, lsd, caffeine quite easily, granted i took a mega dose but the types of consciousness and executive funtioning I was experience were mega-cool

it was, like, logically i shouldn't exist, this train of thought should cease to exist now, and then it did, and i lost consciousness, and forgot the train of thought.
>>
>>39160852
It was pretty mild to me. I could still cum and everything.

I just sometimes felt a massive wave of joy sometimes for no reason. Felt nice desu
>>
I'm on it now. It helped me control my anxiety attacks, but I have pretty bad dry mouth every morning, and my libido has been lowered
>>
>>39162762
yeah I've taken both, and shrooms regularly. And my work I could get into detail about it, not with humans but animals but utilizating the same systems in the brain with pesticide development for deterring mammals. Yes they work on similar parts of the brain. They aren't anything alike though. Yes they function with serotonin receptors but mushrooms actually trigger certain receptors sites while SSRIs work in a completely different fashion just increasing availability of serotonin. Yes taking a massive dose of Lexapro will have weird ass effects, but you're bordering on something called serotonin syndrome which is not good. You probably shouldn't be abusing drugs though at all if you are getting effects similar to amphetamines or LSD, have you had a psychedelic experience from acid ? But yeah don't mess with SSRIs dude, that effect you are getting isn't good for you. Serotonin syndrome isn't something you want to go through. I've watched it on animals and it's the same effect, not pleasurable.
>>
>>39160852
was up to 30mgs of that per day. Still have nearly a full bottle from when I decided to just drop all the meds entirely.

The doctor who put me on it was supposedly "one of the best in the country". He was so sure that it work that he gave these really confident guarantees that it would fix all my problems. When 10mg wasn't enough, he defiantly bumped the dosage to 20mg. When that wasn't enough, he seemed in disbelief and bumped the dosage to 30mg.

He was so sure that it would work that I have to believe that it has a very high efficacy and will probably work very well for you. Unfortunately for me it did fuck all. Seemed to have an opposite effect, if anything, in fact.
>>
File: 1502406232010.gif (176KB, 288x303px) Image search: [Google]
1502406232010.gif
176KB, 288x303px
>>39162901
>And my work I could get into detail about it, not with humans but animals but utilizating the same systems in the brain with pesticide development for deterring mammals

what?

I understand they have different mechanisms, but they basically do the same thing, i.e. stimulate brain cells which have serotonin receptors which otherwise would not be stimulated

the effects were not similar to amphetamines or lsd, and yes I have had several from acid, very addictive and interesting, it is hard for me to believe that a HIGHER state of consciousness is not given by acid, my aesthetic capacities felt supernormally heightened I felt so many things Nietzsche described, from the rootless search for novelties and empty culture of modern society to the rapid transition between appolonian and dionysian. taking acid gave me such a strange experience of comedy and tragedy that I looked around for books and found The Birth of Tragedy, didn't really understand anything at all at first, probably because Nietzsche's goal wasn't to give examples, or describe the two states in a clear way, but rather to use them to understand the Greek Drama's and he also perhaps tried to sound more intimidating than he honestly was... the epitome of the dionysiac btw. there is no more pleasurable feeling in my opinion than feeling youself feared

people can scarcely claim good old fred-ward was a headcase though, he was an exceedingly good philologist and scholar according to his professors
>>
>>39160852
its lexapro , just relax bro
when you take lexapro you will be relaxed bro
you gonna be a pro ........... YO!
lexapro in the hose with my anon bro
dont worry bro lexapro has your back........YO!
you dont have to worry about your libido bro
why? you may askkk me ?
beacuse you have lexapro my BRO
just chill and fuck girls .........YOO
peace out mic check
>>
>>39163046
The Birth of Tragedy is truly a beautiful analysis on why we love such things as yes, unfortunately the syphilis got to his head before long and his work went down hill fast, you should try Beyond good and evil and also Thus Spoke Zarathustra is where you can see his descent a bit. But I'm just saying things that work on the same receptor sites don't necessarily do the same things. Kappa opioid agonists and antagonists can do completely different things, GABA agonists are awesome, antagonists will give you a seizure, benzos calm you by activating receptor sites and also causing amnesia depending on which sites they hit and what benzo it is will put you to sleep more while others cause you to forget more. Ambien works on the same sites and so does alcohol, some drugs just work by increasing GABA at the site, that's what lexapro does with serotonin, it doesn't activate the receptors it keeps your brain from washing them away after use. You're overloading your brain and those receptors and it could be pleasurable indeed but psychedelics only activate a couple and actually fit into receptor sites and actings as agonists. So it's not throwing your brain through a cheese grater to get similar effects. If it works for you it's cool and I mean if you're taking it at prescribed doses more power to you. I believe in freedom to take whatever but I fucked with SSRIs when I was younger and what not and know sort of what you mean, it was an insane headspace I got put into but you really don't want to be messing with that stuff as a recreational type of drug.... like for real, it can be very neurotoxic and you might have a spontaneous reaction which could be very bad. Do you like Camus ? You should look into him I took a weird step from Nietzsche to Camus and you might like the step as well. To me ther ewas a flow in a way. A weird way.
>>
>>39163233
ok, well you know more about brain science than I do, all I know is phenomenologically they were similar

I won't mess around with them anymore, any drugs for that matter, I just had a prescription one month and took like 20 at once... lol

I have read a little Camus, I was a senior in high school when I picked up The Fall, that's the only one I have read, and I barely read any of it, and understood less. actually it's funny you bring him up because he actually has such sophisticated literary taste that when the character in the novel asks the reader if he has read the Scriptures assuming we have not, and then says "oh you have? perhaps you do interest me..." embarrassingly enough opened my mind to religion, where I had previously been a fedora tipper basically

I read Nietzsche later, and have read all of his works, but can't really claim to understand much, I just mentioned him to verify that my acid experience wasn't totally groundless psycho-hallucinations.

What do you like about Camus? Which is your favorite work?

I converted to Christianity in the four years since high school and I have a pet theory.

Nietzsche extolled the Old Testament far above the next greatest literary society, the Greeks, which was surprising because usually he held the Greeks up as the highest point of human development... He also expressed belief in the God of the Jews, and that perhaps he would return and rejoice with his chosen people, he also described the Ubermensch later in life, in the unpublished manuscripts as a man with the heart of Christ...

Indeed even in Zarathustra he records a dialogue he had with God

it is the passage called "The Stillest Hour" very interesting
>>
>>39163047
Well I asked in another thread, but I'm going to ask it here too. Do you go back to normal after you stop taking these? Like will I go back to being depressed again? Cause I just don't feel normal when I'm not depressed and I don't want to feel like someone else.
>>
File: 1502561530955.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1502561530955.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>39160852
Supposedly it's pretty bad in terms of sexual side effects but when I took it, it only made it hard to cum for like 3 days. Libido levels stayed the same or went up actually.
>>
I have been on generic lexapro for 2 years now. Dropped it down to 5mg for the past 7 months because I noticed the drug didn't help at all. Now I've been too scared to even go below 5mg and quit. I fear I will have withdrawals...
PLS FUCKING HELP!
It's the 3rd SSRI and so far none have helped. But none have had any bad side effects either...
I may give up on SSRIs
>>
>>39163896
Why have you been on it for so long if it didn't help within like 6 months or whatever?
>>
>>39160852
I noticed no change is sex drive and it works so well emotionally for me i wouldn't care if it completely killed my sex drive (which it hasn't)
>>
>>39164380
How long until you see benefits? A month?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.