[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>person asks you how you are >say fine or ok or bad >they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1002.jpg (82KB, 1061x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.jpg
82KB, 1061x599px
>person asks you how you are
>say fine or ok or bad
>they ask every day

im tired of being reminded of how shitty i feel and how shitty my life is why do they ask if i say the same thing every time
>>
>>39150874
Well have you ever considered actually telling them how miserable you feel? Maybe they d offer some support. Dunno if you wanted to hear that but i did it once and it quickly turned into a nice friendship
>>
>>39150935
i dont want pity or their attention

if i remove them they will go shittalk me to others and make others hate me
>>
>>39150948
This seems more like you think very little abut others and that you have trust issues. Do your Peers really hate you this much? Why would they shittalk about you when they casually ask you about how you feel every day?
>>
>>39150935
>Maybe they d offer some support.
No, this is not a good thing to do, you would just end up making both yourself and the other person feel uncomfortable. When someone asks "How are you?" they are not respecting an honest response. You say "Good" or "Fine" or some equivalent and move on. It's a ritualistic thing.
>>
>>39151022
thats what steam people do

>oh NAME removed me he's a cunt

then the person that was told that will spread it and then it just goes on and on
>>
File: 1501683503001.jpg (682KB, 975x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501683503001.jpg
682KB, 975x1200px
>>39150935
people who arent close dont ask how you are because they want to know, they ask because its a social que,
>"Hey Tom how are ya?"
>"Thanks Tim im doing great, do something fun over the weekend?"
>"No, you know how it is my wife just keeps going on about her shoes"
>que laughter
>"Alright have a good one Tim see you at the bar tonight?"
>" Sure thing man anything to get away from the nagging"
>que laughter
>>
>>39151022
>This seems more like you think very little abut others and that you have trust issues

explain this in more detail
>>
File: 1447771662889.png (661KB, 672x628px) Image search: [Google]
1447771662889.png
661KB, 672x628px
>>39151043
>respecting
*expecting
>>
>you look tired

EVERY DAY
>>
File: 1497541497005.gif (412KB, 266x186px) Image search: [Google]
1497541497005.gif
412KB, 266x186px
>>39151098
you might consider going to a local alchemist you might have rockjoint my dude.
>>
NOBODY EVER ASKS ME HOW I AM
AAAAAHHHH
pls love me
>>
>>39151065
>>39151052
>>39151048
>>39151043

Okay im not talking about crying them a river but if you really feel this depressed its no shame to tell them youre down. I can understand you dont want to explain your Problems in every detail to people you barely know but you can at least go in baby steps. Maye theyll eleborate with you. Just say somerhing like you dont feel very well. They either wont care and reply :oooooh. Or they want to know more. I mean the way you wrote this seems like you have Problems and you have nobody to talk to but whenever an opportunity is presented you feel like you have to surpress and hide your feelings or you'd feel even more pain. You would like to say somerhing but you think this isnt the place,the time, the Person. Maybe im getting myself into something here and this is complete bullshit but based on my experiences with Depression is people either care or dont care. Some dont want to bear the responsibiresponsibility they feel to help others are just not interested but if there is just one who is listening you could get a little better. There are always people who wont like you but if they are going to shittalk about Depression theyre just shitty persons
>>
>>39151098
did you ever consider that... and bear with me here ... you maybe look tired?
>>
>>39150874
>"Hey men, I'm not doing so well, I would appreciate if you stop asking that every day, thanks"
>>
File: 1501647145336.jpg (49KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
1501647145336.jpg
49KB, 600x472px
>>39150874
I honestly dont know why normies feel the need to fill the air with pointless talk. just a hi its fine. i dont want to know how you are, i dont want to know what you did in the weekend and what you are doing in the next. I act as uninterested as I can and they keep telling me this worthless shit.
>>
File: 1478053789902.png (27KB, 512x308px) Image search: [Google]
1478053789902.png
27KB, 512x308px
>>39150874
At some point at my retail job I just started responding with "horrible" or "alright" at best.
>>
Every day I tell myself that, the next time someone asks how I am, I'll tell them the truth. But to this day I haven't told the truth.
>>
>>39150874
Everybody I ask that question to is tired. I'm so tired. I'm so tired. I didn't get enough sleep because I was doing something else. I'm so tired. I was working for 20 hours and I have another 20 hours after this. I'm so tired.
>>
>>39150874

OP, you're a socially awkward retard. They're approaching you to tell you about their day. They want you to say "Good. How about yours?" Then they can lecture you for the next 30 minutes on all the latest juicy gossip that no one else gives a shit about, but they have to share with you.
>>
>Person genuinely cares about you and wants to know how you're doing & initiate conversation
>Complains anyway

/r9k/, everyone.

You know, retard, maybe you wouldn't feel so shitty if you were a good person.
>>
I always say "shitty, as always"
never get any response afterwards.
>>
>>39153558
because they haven't met someone who is honest

god i hope you're not in california
>>
people ask "how are you" as a form of dominance. they're saying i'm great and feel so confident about myself that i can just ask random strangers how they are and expect them to say good.

the only way to "win" is to respond with an enthusiastic good and if you're feeling really ballsy make up some reason for as that why be before asking "and you"
>>
Way to take a nice gesture out of common courtesy and turn it into an act of maliciousness. Nobody wants to remind you that you're feeling like shit, they just want to act like proper humans and acknowledge the fact that you exist instead of ignoring you like garbage.
>>
>>39154720
it's not nice when 99% of people who ask couldn't give a literally shit if you were dying or on top of the world.

a standard greeting is much better when dealing with strangers. and if you actually give a shit, ask "how are you" to close friends/family.
>>
>>39153529
>>Person genuinely cares about you and wants to know how you're doing & initiate conversation
Except, they don't care about you.
>>
>>39151209
>but whenever an opportunity is presented
its not an opportunity anon. its just a thing that people say to each other. if you answer the question with a not too well they expect a one maybe two sentence response about why that is, followed by something along the lines of "i'm working on it myself though". or something that alleviates responsibility and guilt from them.
>>
>>39151052
This is correct. People who ask others "Hey what's up?" or "How are you doing?" do so as a greeting. Like when you pass by someone and give them a quick nod. It's just to show that you noticed them and being respectful and courteous.

If they wanted a story about your life, they would specify as such. Like "How's your mental health?" or "Do you need to vent about anything?".
>>
>>39153529
>geez why don't these antisocials with miserable lives start conversations with me and are cold towards me.
>>
>>39151209
Fag shit don't listen to this anon
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.