[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I think I finally figured out my problem with Rick and Morty.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (261KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 970x545px
Okay I think I finally figured out my problem with Rick and Morty.

I think my big problem is just about every single joke seems to be made to be marketable. To be able to be shared and parroted on Reddit, Facebook, etc. The humor's also really unnatural but whatever, my main problem is that.

Anyone else not think Rick and Morty is the second coming of Jesus?
>>
>Anyone else not think Rick and Morty is the second coming of Jesus?
You know full well everyone on this board hates it
>>
Rick and Morty is good
>>
>>39137694
You think this wasn't intentional? The show is built for our generation and our times. Focus testing and research has pointed the show towards what will get the most hits and generate the most buzz on the net. Art in tv is dead, cold and unfeeling, although substanceless marketing reigns supreme.
>>
>>39137694
I just pulled a little turd out of ass, my ass feels free and kinda clean
>>
Your post reminds me of that gif of Madmen. "I feel really sorry for you." "I don't think about you at all.".
>>
>>39137694
I kinda like it but never really laugh or get taken aback by these supposedly really insightful and philosophical moment they keep pushing, especially the past couple episodes. The whole thing is definitely banking on meme culture and ironic self-hating.

People are pretty much praising this show for going "did you know there's no god and nothing really matters but you should still be nice to the people you like?"
>>
>>39137694
I think you're taking it way too seriously, it's just a funny cartoon. Of course they're interested in their product being marketable but that doesn't make objectively bad. If you enjoy it watch it, if you don't enjoy it don't watch it. You're not better or worse than anyone for liking or not liking some cartoon.
>>
>>39137694
Not the second coming of Jesus, but a nice stir in mass-appeal adult centric animation.

I enjoy watching it in the dark by myself, but rarely talk about it to other people.

I enjoyed Justin Roilands early work especially how vulgar and pedo everything is.
It had a sense of real edge to it.

Then Dan Harmon took control and started stroking his own cock and watered it down.
>>
PPPPPPIIIIIIICCCKKKLLLEEE RRRRIIICCCKKKK!!!!!!!!1!!11!!1!!
>>
>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE FLOOR YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that *BURP* god on the roof
>b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM
>>
>>39139443
>>39138962
I always find it strange how triggered anons get about this show. Especially having copy pasta ready for it.
>>
File: reddit and memey.jpg (66KB, 645x591px) Image search: [Google]
reddit and memey.jpg
66KB, 645x591px
>>39139458
it's the fandom that completely kills it for me
>>
>>39139511
Why should you care about the fandom?
>>
>>39139590
i feel embarrassed watching the show because of what other people will think of me if i dare to mention i watch it. lol randumb humor like pickel rick gives the whole series a bad name
>>
>>39139734
Pickle Rick was specifically meant to look lol randumb in advertising to make people like you angry.
>>
File: 1502946635251.jpg (1MB, 3000x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1502946635251.jpg
1MB, 3000x1875px
>>39139762
>lol we'll make the show terrible on purpose! xDDD
>>
>>39139762
it doesn't make me angry though it just makes me embarrassed to mention it to other people because they will think of pickel rick, and think im some retard who laughs at that stuff
>>
>>39139803
No literally you're being baited by a fake 'jump the shark' moment. You're literally just illustrating you're a retard.
>>
>>39139803
>someone was butthurt enough to make an infographic about hating rick and north
>>
File: DEiroXDUMAE2IS1.jpg-thumb.jpg (10KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
DEiroXDUMAE2IS1.jpg-thumb.jpg
10KB, 150x150px
>>39139443
Use it for the memes

like dis
>>
>>39139734
>>39139762
Pickle Rick is not random.
It was wordplay a metaphor. He wasn't simply "in a pickle". He is the pickle. His entire family are constantly "in a pickle" because of his actions.
Don't get me wrong. The show definitely has faults and has a pretty crappy fanbase to boot, but the metaphor really isn't subtle.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.